(Topic ID: 43906)

WTB: Williams system 6 mpu

By taylor34

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Hey--

Want to buy a working mpu to go into my firepower, spent way too much time trying to fix the old one. Send me a message if you've got one for sale. Thanks

3 weeks later
    #3 11 years ago

What's wrong with the old one?

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from GListOverflow:

What's wrong with the old one?

Everything, lol.

#5 11 years ago

yea.. did you replace your sockets for EEPROM, the 40pin, and the Crystal? no point in trying if you didnt do this.. its sort of mandatory repair work.. any steps that didnt include this.. dont matter.

2 weeks later
    #6 10 years ago

bump. And for those asking, I've literally replaced almost everything on the board. Leon's test rom works but only at 1/2 the speed it's supposed to. Scoped the crystal, it matches the working board from a friend.

#8 10 years ago

Consider a Rottendog 327 if they are still around.
    Had multiple issues with my Firepower as well, and went with one of these boards, my Firepower has worked flawlessly ever since.I

1 week later
    #9 10 years ago

maby have bad test rom??

#10 10 years ago

Have one on the way, I should be good to go.

#11 10 years ago

Do you have plans for your old one?

#12 10 years ago

Have Rottondogs in both Flash and Blackout, works great

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-williams-system-6-mpu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.