(Topic ID: 12170)

WTB: William's Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure (CQ/Mint/Restored)

By IndianaPwns

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by kwiKimart
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2012-03-01_21-20-57_221.jpg
#1 12 years ago

Thought I'd make it more official.

I am looking for a 1993 William's IJ in restored or mint condition.

I live in North Carolina, but am willing to travel Up/Down the East Coast and as West as Memphis, TN for pick-up. Shipping is a possibility as well (insurance preferable).

If you are interested, shoot me a Pinside message, and I will respond promptly.

#2 12 years ago

Have you thought Treasure Cove? If restored to collectors quality a price not a factor there machines look AMAZING..especially his examples of Indy!

I love Indy so much and as crazy as it sounds i hope to have two in my collection on day...one for the gameroom and my own personal showpiece example!

#3 12 years ago

shanetastic has one, but i think he plans on getting buried in his.

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from dangermouse007:

Have you thought Treasure Cove? If restored to collectors quality a price not a factor there machines look AMAZING..especially his examples of Indy!
I love Indy so much and as crazy as it sounds i hope to have two in my collection on day...one for the gameroom and my own personal showpiece example!

I would kill a man to have Treasure Cove restore an Indy for me. You're looking at 11.5K to 12.5K for something like that. Unfortunately, I just can't see myself spending that much at this time. It looks like their work is immaculate. Check out this Indy playfield:

I work as a Commercial Director and Cinematographer all over the nation. I wouldn't think twice about making a documentary or promo piece about their company in exchange for a machine like that (hell, even for half a machine like that).

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from IndianaPwns:

I wouldn't think twice about making a documentary or promo piece about their company in exchange for a machine like that (hell, even for half a machine like that).

Haha they need it because their vids are a super low class affair. But they aren't in the video business so no harm.

Of course you could just get their shine kit and restore it yourself. My NF was not affected by Novus and the Shine Kit did it up nice.

#6 12 years ago

...or maybe they'll see that post

#7 12 years ago

I think you'd have a lot more fun buying a routed IJ and doing it up yourself. You may end up paying $9K in the end once you add up all the parts, but at least you can do it over time.

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I think you'd have a lot more fun buying a routed IJ and doing it up yourself. You may end up paying $9K in the end once you add up all the parts, but at least you can do it over time.

To be honest restoring, fixing, crying, tinkering, punching the wall, giving up, getting back in, ordering parts every 4 days instead of all at once for some reason...that's half the fun of buying a machine.

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

ordering parts every 4 days instead of all at once for some reason...

so i'm not the only one?

#10 12 years ago

Hah.. I have 2 orders on my porch now from different vendors, two in transit, and one order that hasn't shipped.. not counting the 5 orders already received and put into place for an IJ I got 2 weeks ago that was technically 100% working when I got it Sure would help some (but, impatience is more the driver here admittedly) if the vendors had similar inventories.. Marco's, Pinball Life, Mad Amusements, Bay Area Amusements all getting my business due to the different specialties

Definitely in the as much fun to work on it as play camp.

#11 12 years ago

Damn you Path! how many times must your broken ass anger me?!?

2012-03-01_21-20-57_221.jpg2012-03-01_21-20-57_221.jpg

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Best wizard mode ever! ONE BILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIOOOOOONNNNNNN!!

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from dangermouse007:

Best wizard mode ever

The more I think about it the more I agree with you.

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't see that animation very often!

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Attachments 2012-03-01_21-20-57_221.jpg (104.2 KB, 0 downloads) 15 hours old

How often does it happen?

I'm guessing there aren't going to be new patches...haha!

#16 12 years ago

As for path issues....I've never owned one but the path in the wild is bound to fail at some point. Of course in your home I think it would probably be ok for a long long time....although donjagra should know more than me.

Problem with this one is there is something connected to it. It moves on start up so the motor is hooked up to it. Heck, it may just be the diverter that send the ball to the path becasue it never goes there.

As for this game screwing my pooch hole for eternal life, it happened twice last night.

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

As for path issues....I've never owned one but the path in the wild is bound to fail at some point. Of course in your home I think it would probably be ok for a long long time....although donjagra should know more than me.
Problem with this one is there is something connected to it. It moves on start up so the motor is hooked up to it. Heck, it may just be the diverter that send the ball to the path becasue it never goes there.
As for this game screwing my pooch hole for eternal life, it happened twice last night.

Law. On a scale of 1 to 10, how good would you say you are?

I barely crack 300,000 when I play.

#18 12 years ago

Ha...well these days...I would say ON THIS GAME, a solid 8.5, maybe a flaccid 9. Games like TZ same level. You put me on an Elvis/Tron or something like that I'm a 3 and confused.

Of course the machine makes such a huge difference. This one isn't that quick and a nice amount of tilting/saving can be done. Slow speed can help quite a bit, but a working path would net me more extra balls so i call it close to even.

The main thing to learn I think is what is going to happen when the ball is _____. Wherever it is, you need to know where it's going, and what will happen when it gets there. And never hit both of your flippers at the same time.

#19 12 years ago

The eternal life multi ball is only after you complete all the modes and I only pull it off every once in a while. I have never scored the billion because it is so hard to do the path of adventure during multi ball.

If you get the path working, it is rarely an issue in a home environment, but it has a lot of moving parts and optos.

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

I have never scored the billion because it is so hard to do the path of adventure during multi ball.

Key is hitting the path right after it starts...that way you can just hold each side down and you're within the 30 second ball save. Balls being shot back into play also can take care of the INDY switches. Obviously a lot easier said than done though.

#21 12 years ago

The problem is getting all the modes finished in three balls and getting to try. I can count all of my eternal lives on my hands. I need to spend more time playing my IJ.

#22 12 years ago

We used to play one almost every Friday after work and closest I ever got was one mode away/something like 430mil. Jealous of some of the skills here!

#23 12 years ago

Here ya go, one up close to here...looks pretty clean.

kalamazoo.craigslist.org link

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from IndianaPwns:

On a scale of 1 to 10, how good would you say you are?

I barely crack 300,000 when I play.

I played it only twice, and I got 4 million and 6 million. I say I'm a 4.

#25 12 years ago

Man, I think I'm pretty decent at this game and it still kicks my ass regularly. I have yet to reach eternal life. I've completed 11 of 12 modes about three times but have never managed all 12... and I can hit the mode saucer all day long... about 75% from the left and maybe 50% from the right flipper. Maybe I just enjoy playing the modes so much that Im never in a rush to complete hem all.

To date, my best showing is 933 million and change. I was just a few seconds away from my first billion ever
I don't play it religiously but I can usually get in the 500-700 million range pretty regularly. As TheLaw pointed out, IJ is not a super fast machine. I plan to CC my PF very soon and this may change things a bit.

As for PoA. I wrestled with mine for a couple of years. I swapped motors, tried different flipper optos, I even thought it was a mechanical issue and looked for obstructions. It would move well in one direction and jerky in the other. Then I finally installed a new PoA opto board (the one mounted to the back panel under the PoA) and it is now super responsive!

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

I played it only twice, and I got 4 million and 6 million. I say I'm a 4.

The reply on my machine is 587 mil. 4 mil is... um....

#27 12 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

The reply on my machine is 587 mil. 4 mil is... um....

I was at a pinball party, and an IJ was there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

12,500 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
Wanted
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,419.00
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 85.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-williams-indiana-jones-the-pinball-adventure-cqmintrestored and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.