(Topic ID: 107722)

WTB: White Water/Fish Tales Topper Dome (FOUND)

By Crash

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by perryd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Looking for the clear plastic molded dome that fits over the topper. I'm not picky about condition as long as it looks relatively good from normal viewing angles. I personally don't feel that $60 plus shipping is worth it for a new one.

Found it!

1 week later
#2 9 years ago

Bump.

#3 9 years ago

look around ebay i found one great condition for my friend for 30bucks 2 weeks ago.

#4 9 years ago

Who was the seller, if you don't mind?

#5 9 years ago

I have one

#6 9 years ago

PM sent.

#7 9 years ago

Still looking.

#8 9 years ago

Bump.

#9 9 years ago

Starship fantasy has them

#10 9 years ago

For $74? Did you read my first post? They're out there, yes. But a clear single piece of plastic, to me, is not worth more than $30 or $40 shipped.

#11 9 years ago

Bump.

#12 9 years ago

Once you break down and buy it, it looks so much nicer you will be glad you splurged.

#13 9 years ago

I totally get what Crash is saying. Marco and PPS are milking every dollar. I'm looking for a dome too and since I live in Canada that dome is $69US - so $78 CDN and then Marco will fu*k me over and charge me $45 dollars to ship it. So it ends up being a $120 piece of plastic.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

But a clear single piece of plastic, to me, is not worth more than $30 or $40 shipped.

Agreed! I need a new dome for my Dr Who, but not gonna shell out the stupid $$$.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Once you break down and buy it, it looks so much nicer you will be glad you splurged.

It's not a matter of "breaking down and splurging," $70 plus shipping is simply not economical for an operator like myself to spend on a clear undecaled piece of plastic. I'm gonna put over $200 worth of parts in my White Water project. It needs a new boulder plastic set for one, and that's $130 minus shipping... getting the plastic and mantis protectors as well, flipper rebuilds, new posts, and anything else that's critical for route. The cost adds up pretty quick.

1 week later
#16 9 years ago

Bump.

#17 9 years ago

Repair your old boulders, then buy the topper with the $$$

1 month later
#18 9 years ago

not great but works

ebay.com link: itm

#19 9 years ago

Thanks sent the seller a PM.

#20 9 years ago

Got it cheap! I owe you one jwinn.

#21 9 years ago

The one you got has a silver sticker in the top. Did they come that way from the factory?

#22 9 years ago

I actually never knew these had a sticker. I'm guessing to reflect light?

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I actually never knew these had a sticker. I'm guessing to reflect light?

yes, some did, some did not...Sticker is to enhance falls effect with light bouncing around.

#24 9 years ago

my fish tales had the reflective sticker too.

#25 9 years ago

Actually the reproduction domes don't include this either. 'Dope!

#26 9 years ago

aluminum tape works well for this. very reflective.

#27 9 years ago

classic arcades on ebay has the decal which is already die cut for the topper...for $10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-white-waterfish-tales-topper-dome and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.