• 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Blackbeard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Looking for above average condition around Western NY, Ohio, PA area.

Let me know what you have! PF must be nice.

Thanks

Would also consider trading my shadow towards.

#2 9 years ago

Good luck on your search. I'd been searching for one for more than a year until I recently found one and traded my Twilight Zone for it!

#3 9 years ago

There out there, just be patient.

#4 9 years ago

Yeah, I'm in no rush. I had a lead on a minty time machine, but the seller backed out last minute. It was either that, or a white water. Two on my list.

I don't want to spend much more than 3-4k for one, if that. Looking for one that'll clean up really nice and may need a bit of love. As long as pf is decent..

#5 9 years ago

Bump

#6 9 years ago

Bump

#7 9 years ago

bumps

#8 9 years ago

They used to grow on trees, I've had 4 and now they are getting tough to find, so I'm keeping the one I have - good luck with the hunt. Great game!

#9 9 years ago

Moved to pinball machines wanted.

#10 9 years ago

Eh. Bump

#11 9 years ago

Still looking

#12 9 years ago

Dude, I would sell you mine but I haven't had it too long. Great game! I can't believe you haven't found one yet. They aren't very rare, keep looking. I'm sure one will pop up soon!

#13 9 years ago

Tough living without a WH20...gotta be one somewheres.

#14 9 years ago

I really hope you find one Blackbeard. Truly a fun game. Sometimes it takes awhile for the right deal but there is one out there... just for you. It will happen.

#15 9 years ago

Yeah it took me awhile to find mine but then she just fell in my lap....it's usually like that.

#16 9 years ago

Try some of the possible for sales on Pinball Owners.com.

#17 9 years ago

I have a guy on here sending pics soon.

Seem tough to find. Don't really wanna spend 4000 for a player.

What's a good price on these?!

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I have a guy on here sending pics soon.
Seem tough to find. Don't really wanna spend 4000 for a player.
What's a good price on these?!

Boston say $3.8k for last 12 months....that's probably a little high...but I'm not sure. I would say 3200-3600 on average, but the price was going up so much I don;t know how much it's been corrected.

EDIT: Probably 3400 and up...Bought mine a ling time ago though so don;t keep up with current prices.

#19 9 years ago

Thanks

I can't see paying more than 4 unless it's really nice and no planking.

I feel like people rape others on this one. It's a 93 wpc.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Thanks
I can't see paying more than 4 unless it's really nice and no planking.
I feel like people rape others on this one. It's a 93 wpc.

???? Do you want one or not? 93 or not, its a great game... Expect to pay 4K....

#21 9 years ago

Yeah I want one but I don't want to overpay. Seems fair, right?!

#22 9 years ago

I bought a decent machine in players condition back in August for 3500. The playfield and plastics are very nice. The cabinet is faded, a new decal job would make the game very nice. Luckily I am not real picky about the cabinet due to my pins being close together. I would say 4k would be a fair price for a very nice WH20 in above average condition. It sounds like you really want one, sometimes you have to pay more if you want it sooner than wait for a good deal to come along. I myself am impatient and sometimes overpay a little to get what I want when I want it. I normally don't loose too much when I sell, I figure I got plenty of enjoyment out of the game. Loosing a few hundred bucks is no big deal if you want more instant satisfaction.

#23 9 years ago

Blackbeard, I certainly hope you find one. I was on the lookout for a year+, but I finally got one! I'm dumping money into it because it's going to be a keeper.

Based on what I saw in my search, I was just about ready to dump $4,000 into anything that didn't have major problems. Ultimately, I did a 1-for-2 trade, and in my mind the price I spent was about $4,000 for a decent game, plus all new replacement ramps and boulders. Upon closer inspection, every single one of the old ramps were cracked, but that clearly doesn't matter if you've got new ones.

I hope the one you've got a line on works out. If it's a nice original, about $4,000 seems reasonable. The game I got (broken ramps, rough-ish playfield) was probably not worth more than $3,500.

I've certainly paid premiums to get games that I wanted before, and I've yet to regret it. And White Water RULES!

#24 9 years ago

I've watched prices on these for years now, expect to pay $4,000 for average shape. Start deducting for playfield issues, broken ramps, broken mountains, cab damage, etc. Anything that's above average is going to start hitting the $4,000 to $4,500 range (these are hard to come by as well.) Anything that's really nice is going to be more (really nice, unrestored examples are pretty freaking rare) and fully restored WH2Os, while more available, are going to be super pricey (over $6K.)

Also expect lots of old schoolers to say they paid $2,000 back in the day, that it's a $3000 game ("$3,500 tops"), etc. Said old schoolers are not selling any nice WH2Os for those prices.

For $3,500, expect a beater or a project.

There did seem to be a cooling on prices and a dip about a year ago but that seems to have gone away these days.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Also expect lots of old schoolers to say they paid $2,000 back in the day, that it's a $3000 game ("$3,500 tops"), etc. Said old schoolers are not selling any nice WH2Os for those prices.
For $3,500, expect a beater or a project.
There did seem to be a cooling on prices and a dip about a year ago but that seems to have gone away these days.

I remember passing on a project WH20 for $700 in Dec '08 when I first started in pinball. Those days are long gone.

#26 9 years ago

I paid 4k for mine. Players condition, with a lot of nice enhancements (white mountains, cointaker LED's, Cliffy protectors, white powder-coat throughout. It's one of the best games I own. It's "only" a WPC93, but it's a lot better than most of the later pins to come out.

#27 9 years ago

I drove about 9 hours each way to get mine... luckily, before the prices when up. I suppose it's expensive because

1) People have realized it great
2) Williams only made around 7000 of them
3) It's expensive to restore
4) Probably other reasons I'm not thinking of right now

Here is some info on mine, if anyone is interested

http://www.aaarpinball.com/WhiteWater/WhiteWater.htm

... Altan

#28 9 years ago

almost traded mine recently and now glad it didn't happen

#29 9 years ago

You will find one! Patience. Good luck bump.

#30 9 years ago

I waited maybe 12 years...found one very nice, no topper, for $2500.
No one wanted it with some planking, but having only played a few games before....I love it!

One will come for you....

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Yeah I want one but I don't want to overpay. Seems fair, right?!

In my opinion, no it doesn't seem fair. If one is for sale you can bargain with the seller. But none are for sale so you need to entice someone not really selling to sell one to you. Expect to pay $4k or more or be patient (wait a year actively looking).

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from altan:

1) People have realized it great
2) Williams only made around 7000 of them
3) It's expensive to restore
4) Probably other reasons I'm not thinking of right now

and repro decals, plastics, parts etc..have been a main reason.

I humbly estimate there are 1000 - 1200 working games worldwide.

#33 9 years ago

Whitewater is a keeper. I suspect there's a high level of seller's remorse for those that do part with theirs.

#34 9 years ago

Best game ever imo!
I think mine will be the last pin I ever sell....... If I ever sell any!

#35 9 years ago

I might have a nice one for sale, but I'd want 4K. You don't see many for sale, and it will be hard to replace. Not mint, but close enough. I'll get pics if you care. Lmk

#36 9 years ago

Pm sent

#37 9 years ago

Looks like Blackbeard is taking a road trip!!!!!

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Looks like Blackbeard is taking a road trip!!!!!

Very possible.

Gnatt: where'd your white water go?

#39 9 years ago

Sold it to pinsider MUSKETD, needed the money for my Metallica when it came out in May 2013.

#40 9 years ago

Gotcha. Just remembered you had one and see it's gone

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

The old school price for WH20 was $1,000 - $1,300 for years

#42 9 years ago

Some friends and I are selling one here in Toledo Ohio for 2500 if you are interested.

#43 9 years ago

The deals are still out there. I picked up two super nice machines in sept. The seller wanted 2800.00 for both and when I went there one of them was a WH20 in super shape and the other was a JM which I already got 2250.00 for. I know they are few and far in between but the deals are still out there.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Whitewater is a keeper. I suspect there's a high level of seller's remorse for those that do part with theirs.

Yes I miss mine very much.Its not the smoothest or super good flow but what it does it does super well.Maybe one day I will get a new one best of luck BB.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Silky55:

Some friends and I are selling one here in Toledo Ohio for 2500 if you are interested.

Sent you a pm. New member?

#46 9 years ago

Wait BB cancel your trip Some of silkys55's friends have one. He just happened to join PS the day you need a WW at half the price!!

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Wait BB cancel your trip Some of silkys55's friends have one. He just happened to join PS the day you need a WW at half the price!!

Yeah, kinda skeptical.

I'm going deep into Canada tomorrow night for this. Hopefully I come back in one piece buddy.

Send me pics of monopoly tonight

#48 9 years ago

Search over!

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Someone posted a similar ad like this before on pinside and was called a scammer and a liar et etc.
Later that evening I picked up a very very good condition whitewater for $1800!
So dont be two quick to attack a newbie

#50 9 years ago

Nice. Congrats.

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-white-water-5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.