Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Barron
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Looking for a CPR or nice used Whirlwind playfield. I ended up picking up a project machine randomly. The playfield isn't so nice & this is the first game I've bought where a pf swap doesn't seem out of bounds.

#2 9 years ago

Did you get the one out of Muskegon MI last night on craigslist?

#3 9 years ago

I saw that one too! Anyone?

#4 9 years ago

That was me. Every now and then CL works. Contacted the fella about 5 mins after it posted. Clarified the price and the stipulation to please call me if you sell it to someone else & hit the road to snowy SW Michigan. He had a few people offer more, of course, but remained a man of his word.

The cab is nice and the boards are all good, but the pf is pretty trashed (lifting inserts under mylar, VUK wear, spinner wear). It had adjust failure (jacked up battery board) and random resets (filter capacitor) but I was pretty happy to have pulled the rare deal on CL. It's also a reimport. $900 really wasn't that far off base, honestly.

#5 9 years ago

I called as well and just so you know I did not offer more money but told the guy good job on holding it for you. That is the way I deal with games and such. It is kind of funny I went to the west side of Chicago last Friday to pick up a machine. We all like to travel a bit for the right deal. Good luck with the game.

#6 9 years ago

Wow, didn't see that one. In my backyard no less. Currently in the middle of a playfield swap on my Whirlwind. Solid pickup at that price. Great call on the CPR playfield. Best decision I made. Restoring that playfield seems like a nightmare.

#7 9 years ago

Congrats...

You're gonna like WW

#8 9 years ago

Thanks, guys. I've played a bit so far. It's more fun than I remember it being from when I played it at shows and such. As far as CL goes, I usually don't get bent out of shape by people bidding as long I'm told that it's a first-come, first-served basis. Then I usually just stay home. Every now and then there are stand-up sellers who honor the price they listed their item at. You have to figure most people aren't gonna list something for less than they paid for it unless it's something they're listing low on purpose to get it out of their space.

It's gonna take a while to get this thing looking good.

#9 9 years ago

If anyone has an extra pf, Barron is a deserving person!

Congrats on the score!

#10 9 years ago

Thanks, Hilton!

1 month later
#11 9 years ago

The raised inserts are a pain in my ass, I'd much rather be doing a swap bump!

#12 9 years ago

Looking at your collection, it was in the stars to grab that WW. Fills the missing hole between ES and Funhouse

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

The raised inserts are a pain in my ass, I'd much rather be doing a swap bump!

I wouldn't have swapped mine if it didn't have raised inserts. The ball would leap off of several.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Looking at your collection, it was in the stars to grab that WW. Fills the missing hole between ES and Funhouse

The girlfriend likes what she likes!

Quoted from Hougie:

I wouldn't have swapped mine if it didn't have raised inserts. The ball would leap off of several.

Most of them "whapped" flat, but a couple of them wouldn't go down. I could only go so far knowing that the CPR was out there.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-whirlwind-playfield-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.