Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by mcluvin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Found one in my area, but he wants way too much and it needs repairs. Figured it was worth a shot asking on here. Looking at getting one for my first pin since I love tables with plenty of pop bumper action.

#2 11 years ago

You made the wise choice. Good luck with your search!!!

#3 11 years ago

No idea about the details of the situation, but there's been one on Detroit CL for a few days.

#4 11 years ago

Yea.. One on Clarkson CL for a while for 2500...

I want one too, but not for 2500.... Good luck!

#5 11 years ago

3rd pin i picked up, still have it, great choice. good luck on your search

#6 11 years ago

I have had my eyes open for this title also, Seems to be one of those pins going up in price.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Seems to be one of those pins going up in price.

You're correct. Whirlwind is no longer the bargain she used to be. However, Whirlwind is such a good game, a few extra bucks for a good condition example is probably worth it.

#8 11 years ago

Krusty, I agree totally. I will pay a premium for a great condition game, but most of what I am seeing for $2200 plus are beaten up pretty bad. I'd say out here on the west coast a nice one will run you around $2000-2500 from my experience. This is a great game to find a cheap beater and restore it completely as the parts are out there to do it.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

This is a great game to find a cheap beater and restore it completely as the parts are out there to do it.

Agreed - I couldn't have said it better. With the elevated pin prices today, an owner with a mint or really good condition example will be asking A LOT of $ for theirs. To your point, an average or less game is commanding $2200+, so restoring a cheaper example is the way to go, IMO.

#10 11 years ago

I highly recommend restoring one.
I bought mine for a little under $2000 and put $500 into it in parts and cabinet restoration.
Looks amazing. Plays like a champ. So worth the money!
There's one on eBay now that is a good restoration candidate. I think it's going for around $1700.

#11 11 years ago

One on eBay now

#12 11 years ago

I picked mine up from an arcade guy for 1600$.Needs a display soon but LED kit went a long way.Cabinet is sweet.Topper is smoked out.It was a good buy for me I think.Esp here in CA

#13 11 years ago

Woah, 2.2k is a bit high unless it's perfect. We've got one with a beat-up cabinet for $1795. Pinside mail me if yer interested. Pics at:

https://picasaweb.google.com/114938373708872904074/November142012?authuser=0&feat=directlink

#14 11 years ago

Try to find a working project, then wait for CPR to release the playfield and plastics. I've been looking for a bit and finally got a sub $1K project WW. The cab is rough, but the playfield is actually pretty nice. Nice enough I'll probably just get the CPR plastics. Any nice WW in the vicinity of $2K is usually gone by the time I contact the seller. If the one you looked at has a lot of issues, it probably won't sell. Give it a few days and go back with a wad of cash. You'll probably find the seller more willing to come down. Forget Ebay unless you luck out and get a buy-it-now priced low. WWs with issues get bid up to near $2K on Ebay.

Chris

#15 11 years ago

cpr did whirlwind pfs, status closed

#16 11 years ago

It's worth it! I like Whirlwind a hell of a lot more than I liked AFM and it's 1/4 the price!

***ducks***

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from ebjimmyg:

cpr did Whirlwind pfs, status closed

I'll be really surprised if none become available even though pre-order is closed.

Chris

#18 11 years ago

Great machine. Tough to find a nice one under 2k. A couple of years ago they were $1100 all day.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Great machine. Tough to find a nice one under 2k. A couple of years ago they were $1100 all day.

I got mine for $1750 less than 2 months ago and it's pretty nice. Got in on the CPR pre-order too!

#21 11 years ago

Oh wow.
I'm really liking the yellow legs on that one!

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Agreed. Never saw that done before, and it looks pretty good to me.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Oh wow.

It looks nicely done, but for me it is a little too bright. I've seen blue legs used. Thought that looked nice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-whirlwind-7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.