Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by davewtf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Looking for a Whirlwind if anyone is selling.

#2 11 years ago

Believe there is one on RGP in Beloit.

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Believe there is one on RGP in Beloit.

Yeah Thanks for the head up. I replied but he has an interested buyer. Missed it by a matter of minutes.

#4 11 years ago

How much are you looking to spend on one?

#5 11 years ago

$1 more than whatever Tom offers

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from brz:

How much are you looking to spend on one?

It would really depend on condition and what seller was asking for. I'm really not looking for $3k example.

#7 11 years ago

I just bought one yesterday for $1000. Pretty rough but it has some good points. At this point I am thinking I am keeping it but not for sure.

#8 11 years ago

sc1f1 has one for sale. It's in Atlanta though.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

sc1f1 has one for sale. It's in Atlanta though.

Too far of a drive. lol

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I just bought one yesterday for $1000. Pretty rough nut it has some good points. At this point I am thinking I am keeping it but not for sure.

How rough?

#11 11 years ago

How about $2k?

#12 11 years ago

Rough is fine for me if Tom passes. I am already on the waiting list for a repro PF and would actually prefer a rough one that I can swap a PF into.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I just bought one yesterday for $1000. Pretty rough nut it has some good points. At this point I am thinking I am keeping it but not for sure.

Nice work! Hope you enjoy it!

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from brz:

How about $2k?

Still think 2k might be high but I'm not looking at a machine in front of me. Are you selling one or just throwing numbers out of a hat?

#15 11 years ago

Was in a very smokey bar at one time. It will be hard to tell until I clean it up and get it running. It doesn't have a power supply board but the rest look good. Some wear and discoloring on the playfield. Cabinet it very dirty but may clean up pretty good. Topper is stained and has a small crack front and rear way at the bottom center below the fan. Some inserts on lower playfield are worn and a couple broken plastics. Translight and speaker panel look nice. Cabinet only has minor dings. Boards look clean. Ramps and wireforms look dirty but good shape. Disks are brown.

#16 11 years ago

There was on on CL around here yesterday for 400 needing some work. I emailed them, didn't hold my breath, and the post was gone in the morning. That would have been a sweet score.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Was in a very smokey bar at one time. It will be hard to tell until I clean it up and get it running. It doesn't have a power supply board but the rest look good. Some wear and discoloring on the playfield. Cabinet it very dirty but may clean up pretty good. Topper is stained and has a small crack front and rear way at the bottom center below the fan. Some inserts on lower playfield are worn and a couple broken plastics. Translight and speaker panel look nice. Cabinet only has minor dings. Boards look clean. Ramps and wireforms look dirty but good shape. Disks are brown.

Sounds like a project.

#18 11 years ago

So you're saying I'm going to have a problem finding a decent priced Whirlwind in WI for awhile.

#19 11 years ago

I would be willing to trade mine. You looking to trade/sell anything right now?

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

RustyLizard said:Was in a very smokey bar at one time. It will be hard to tell until I clean it up and get it running. It doesn't have a power supply board but the rest look good. Some wear and discoloring on the playfield. Cabinet it very dirty but may clean up pretty good. Topper is stained and has a small crack front and rear way at the bottom center below the fan. Some inserts on lower playfield are worn and a couple broken plastics. Translight and speaker panel look nice. Cabinet only has minor dings. Boards look clean. Ramps and wireforms look dirty but good shape. Disks are brown.
Sounds like a project.

It is a project. I attempted a warehouse raid and came home with three projects. Quite an adventure. I hope to go back for more.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I attempted a warehouse raid and came home with three projects. Quite an adventure. I hope to go back for more.

I'm sure of us can help, of course if you are willing to share

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

So you're saying I'm going to have a problem finding a decent priced Whirlwind in WI for awhile.

YES!!!

Quoted from PaulyB18:

RustyLizard said:I attempted a warehouse raid and came home with three projects. Quite an adventure. I hope to go back for more.
I'm sure some of us can help, of course if you are willing to share

Agreed

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lpeters82 said:So you're saying I'm going to have a problem finding a decent priced Whirlwind in WI for awhile.
YES!!!
paulyb18 said:RustyLizard said:I attempted a warehouse raid and came home with three projects. Quite an adventure. I hope to go back for more.
I'm sure some of us can help, of course if you are willing to share
Agreed

Double agreed

#24 11 years ago

Yea...there seems to be an amazing amount of demand for Whirlwind around WI right now. There are at least 3 people in my "group" that I know of looking (including Tom), plus 2 more on here now.

Wow...sure glad I scored my diamond plate one last year when I did! *rubbing it in* LOL

Best of luck to all you guys looking for one. In my opinion it is one of the best games of its era, if not of all time. It's fairly simple, yet never gets old. Charm and character second to none.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yea...there seems to be an amazing amount of demand for Whirlwind around WI right now. There are at least 3 people in my "group" that I know of looking (including Tom), plus 2 more on here now.
Wow...sure glad I scored my diamond plate one last year when I did! *rubbing it in* LOL
Best of luck to all you guys looking for one. In my opinion it is one of the best games of its era, if not of all time. It's fairly simple, yet never gets old. Charm and character second to none.

Remind me to not let you play my games when you come over.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Jediturtle said:

Remind me to not let you play my games when you come over.

You want your games leveled or not?

As I've said before...you are welcome to come play mine anytime. That goes for the rest of you guys too. I still want to give it a full tear down and tweak a few things, but it's not bad at all just as it sits. Hopefully I'll get after that once DM is done.

#27 11 years ago

I'm lookin too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-whirlwind-4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.