• 34 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Gorf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hi,

I'm looking for a nice WhiteWater, in decent condition. It doesn't have to be perfect, but there should be no broken plastics and minimal or no playfield wear.

Willing to pay $4500 for the right one.

Cheers,
Mike

#2 10 years ago

Wow, sounds like the one I sold for 2K.

I don't get it...good luck?

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Wow, sounds like the one I sold for 2K.
I don't get it...good luck?

I'll buy every single WH20 you can produce that meets the requirements of the seller for $2K.

What I don't get is the guys that see what pins are selling for and are shocked at the current "high" prices. I need to be buying from guys like you.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I'll buy every single WH20 you can produce that meets the requirements of the seller for $2K.
What I don't get is the guys that see what pins are selling for and are shocked at the current "high" prices. I need to be buying from guys like you.

Ok fine, I will buy this overpriced Whitewater today for 3800 and sell it to the OP for 4500.

See the problem with this type of post?

denver.craigslist.org link

#6 10 years ago

I've found one locally. Thanks

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

for 4500 it better be perfect

Amen to that!!! $4500 is a ton of cash even for a "perfect" WH20!!

#8 10 years ago

Great game. I bought new ramps and a playfield set from Mirco in Germany. My game is nice now, but will be even nicer down the road.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

Planked base game 3-3.5K
New PF set, new ramps, plastics, targets, boulders, legs etc. 2K plus.
Color DMD 400 bucks
Total without labor 54-59 hundred.
For perfect you still need to decal the cab.
What dat add up to?
Mo money mo money mo money.

#10 10 years ago

the problem is, nobody should be paying 3-3.5 for a planked game that needs a ton of work. if you are, you are overvaluing a project WH20. Of course your going to be way over if you overpay to begin with.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the problem is, nobody should be paying 3-3.5 for a planked game that needs a ton of work. if you are, you are overvaluing a project WH20. Of course your going to be way over if you overpay to begin with.

Exactly, would never pay anywhere close to 3k for a planked WH20. Couldn't have said it any better Neo! WH20 is not a 4500k game!

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

+1

My whitewater would be described as a project type game I guess.
It has some light pf wear around the mine kickout and and bigfoot vuk, some cracked plastics and ramps, faded decals and no topper. It plays just fine though,I picked it up for $1500 a few months back.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

Exactly, would never pay anywhere close to 3k for a planked WH20. Couldn't have said it any better Neo! WH20 is not a 4500k game!

4500,000 is an aweful lot!

#14 10 years ago

Sold 4 wh2o with planking 3500-4k... Ill take four more for 1500 please

#15 10 years ago

Love how all the flippers post about how they ripped people off and seem so proud of it

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from BillinIndiana:

Love how all the flippers post about how they ripped people off and seem so proud of it

It's a service providing games to those who have no time to get them. Put the ridiculous hrs chasing/buying/getting/selling and get paid no one does it for free! Only hurts if you didn't buy last year, people who bought from flippers last year making more on there games too. People who bought from flippers two or three years ago making college money on their games.. Again only hurts if u havnt bought! Long hard rough discussion but its the collectors that run the prices up not the flippers. Collector says my games better I want more. So flipper jacks up price chase collector does.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

That is the problem, I bought my planker for a grand because I couldn't find a nice original in great condition.
Every game I tried to buy went from a FS to a shillfest.
I could have flipped it for 35 and made 25 but decided I really wanted a restored one so I built one.
Now I get offers for 35 for it.
A total waste of time and money to restore these games unless you are sure you want to keep them.
Let the newbs overpay and when they can't fix them it is 600+ parts to go through it.

I have a couple of numbers for guys that can "just get it running" for them, I don't want to play the "ever since you" game because I touched their blown out POS.

Quoted from lllvjr:

Put the ridiculous hrs chasing/buying/getting/selling and get paid no one does it for free!

No mention of repairing or parts or putting a dime into the game itself.
Those of us that do are wasting our time and money and the ones that buy these games and can't fix them shit themselves when they find out what the parts and labor are.
Like you I don't do this work for free.

#18 10 years ago

Guess I think of it as a hobby and not a business

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Congrats on being able to fish out the suckers. You found 4 people that don't know how to buy machines based on condition then. Be thankful you have a lot of suckers in your area.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Congrats on being able to fish out the suckers. You found 4 people that don't know how to buy machines based on condition then. Be thankful you have a lot of suckers in your area.

Really nice people too unlike neo

#21 10 years ago

Very odd how many people will say a WH2o isn't worth more than a couple grand if it's in "average" shape, yet there aren't any available at that price. Not unless you have an "in" anyway.

It's no different than most other titles but doesn't this come down to supply and demand?

Seems to me that there are more buyers than available pins at the moment, driving prices higher and higher.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

$4500 wouldn't come close to buying my wh2o........and it is absolutely perfect.

#23 10 years ago

I get tired of all these people talkin bout how much a machine is worth... Price guides and all that bullshit.... Stop acting like if you say a machine is worth $1500.00 enough times it will happen... Bally Williams games are only getting more expensive as more people get into this hobby. Get over it.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

$4500 wouldn't come close to buying my wh2o

Dude is in Canada. There pricing is higher.

#25 10 years ago

ALL prices have gone up, and a nice one in a world of $3K congo's, BSD's, Shadows, and Fishtales, etc, means WH20's stock has gone up, period. You can claim that WH20 owners are pumping up their game and buyers that want to buy the game are trying to break it down.... but the reality is just try and find one and see what prices you see.

#26 10 years ago

$4500 for an very nice, above average White Water is spot on. If you want a near perfect one, you're paying at LEAST $5K, unless you get lucky. Near perfect original examples are just not very common and the restored ones have so much money in them that people won't let them go. If you're williing to live with some issues, you can usually get them for between $3-4K.

I don't care what type of anectodal stories you guys come up with I've watched the actual sales on these for years now and that's what they cost.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Then you don't get a WH2O, ask BK what he had to pay for a base game to restore.
The only reason I got one cheap was because a retailer I know took it in on trade and he gave me a deal for helping him out with other games.
The other ones I tried to buy went north of 35 and they were beat, when they do pop up FS they are gone.

#28 10 years ago

One came up for sale on Ebay yestorday in Ft. Lauderdale for $3900 kind of rough from the pics was gone in an hour of posting it.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

One came up for sale on Ebay yestorday in Ft. Lauderdale for $3900 kind of rough from the pics was gone in an hour of posting it.

Not surprised. I know of a planked game that was missing it's topper that sold for $3K.

I bought one a few years ago and went through it from top to bottom, and I wouldn't let mine go for less than $5K on a good day. Hell, new ramps alone were $600+ and it's a bitch to shop correctly.

I really don't worry about it though, it's a keeper anyways... but when I do think about selling, I take into consideration what it would take to get the exact machine back in the same condition (if I could even find one in as nice of condition, which in most cases you won't).

#30 10 years ago

I can never find games priced at the levels some of you guys are claiming they should be at. Someone said a good TZ should fetch around $3500-$4000. Well, sell me yours for that much. No one else is.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballsmith:

I can never find games priced at the levels some of you guys are claiming they should be at.

You can always throw out the comments like "Wow, really? I sold one for (suggested price - 35%) just last year..."

They don't have the game anymore, and obviously aren't keen about it increasing in value.

Condition is everything with WH20. I'd be willing to bet the $2k WH20's either have insert wear, yellowed/cracked ramps, cracked boulders, bald Bigfoot, topper repro sticker and/or topper missing entirely, faded cabinet, or a combo of several of those conditions.

If you are talking $2k for a complete WH20, original topper film, no playfield wear, clear intact ramps, nice cab, etc... please sign me up for one. I'll buy it as a spare just to wrap it up and time capsule it.

#32 10 years ago

Bought my WW for 4200. Add color DMD, new decals, new ramps, blue legs, new translate, I am up to close to 6k.

#33 10 years ago

Not sure if Wh20 will attain "A" list status but its a unique and underrated game that is pricey to restore (ramps). Maybe its the sleeper MM of the "B" titles. I know I absolutely love mine and a keeper. There are some nice looking games and great playing games and WH20 is both.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

Bought my WW for 4200. Add color DMD, new decals, new ramps, blue legs, new translate, I am up to close to 6k.

Agreed,routed ones with no topper and plank go for 3500 all day.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-w2ho-for-4500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.