• Latest reply 8 years ago by Lermods
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Mine broke and I need a new one. I really don't want to pay Pinball decals 175 if I don't have to.

#2 9 years ago

Make it yourself. It's a $5 pencil sharpener. Actually, it's pretty tough to make, but worth the effort.

#3 9 years ago

It's $115 on Ebay

#4 9 years ago

Just installed mine tonight! Yeah way overpriced

#5 9 years ago

Does anyone have the mod along with a Pinball inc ramp? I installed the new ramp and th ball wouldn't fit through it anymore and I broke it when I tried to fix it.

#6 9 years ago

I'd be willing to make the slot machine for you for less than $100. It really is a $5 part, but it's pretty labor intensive, takes a few hrs to paint, cut, wire, build the base, etc. pm me if you are interested. I make quite a few mods for TZ, but the reason I don't do this one is because of labor, I don't want to charge $150 and Install is fiddly and people might not be happy. If I make it, it will have 5 LEDs and be wired for GI hook up. If you have soldering skills, we can make it a little interactive.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I'd be willing to make the slot machine for you for less than $100. It really is a $5 part, but it's pretty labor intensive, takes a few hrs to paint, cut, wire, build the base, etc. pm me if you are interested. I make quite a few mods for TZ, but the reason I don't do this one is because of labor, I don't want to charge $150 and Install is fiddly and people might not be happy. If I make it, it will have 5 LEDs and be wired for GI hook up. If you have soldering skills, we can make it a little interactive.

I might be interested in an "interactive" one.

#8 9 years ago

The reel area (white) is connected to GI, the two yellow lights tie into the yellow light under the slot plastic and the blue light on top ties into the super slot door panel. I can wire the slot machine to be "ready" for those connections, but you do the soldering.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#9 9 years ago

I always wondered how the hole gets cut nice and round without expensive equipment, they are cool mods, but tough to make. I think that makes the price a bargain....to labor intensive for people to make a ton, but for a fun project that's a different story. Best of luck on the search.

#10 9 years ago

You have to use a dremel to cut it out and it's slow going as the slot machine is die cast metal. You also have to be very careful with the back or you'll screw up the reel mounts. Mine was the first and only one I've ever done so I think I can do it better and quicker the next time around. I agree, the prices of $125 aren't bad, but I'm willing to help out and do it a bit cheaper if people can manage the install. My reel spins every time the ball goes through, it's a cool mod. Btw, the wires you see in the pic are hidden for final install, zip tied to the left ramp post and i smoothed out the opening, the pic was just for test fitting.

#11 9 years ago

Ill take a interactive one please. I will PM you. Thanks. I do like the pic you have up there, it looks like the ball burst through the slot machine. BTW the trouble I was having was the way the thing mounted onto the wireform. The guy used little screws and attached it to a Plexiglas base. When I swapped out the ramp the extra thickness wouldn't allow the ball to go through the slot machine.

#12 9 years ago

Ok, mine is mounted on thick plexi, but he probably didn't make the hole in the slot big enough. It attaches to the two hex posts.

#13 9 years ago

It hits the little wheel inside that has the fruit pics on it, whatever that is called.

#14 9 years ago

That's the reel. Sounds like his was done differently than mine. I've had mine in for two months, no issues.

#15 9 years ago

I have an Idea. What if you peeled back the metal around the hole making it look like the ball burst through the back of the slot machine. That would give it an original look that no one else has done. That cheap pot metal might be hard to peel or roll however.

#16 9 years ago

The metal will break, it's not that thick and you'd have to heat it. There also isn't that much metal left on the sides to peel back.

#17 9 years ago

Oh well, it was a good idea.

2 months later
#18 8 years ago

If anyone is looking for this mod, let me know and I'll make it for them. $100 shipped US.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 12.95
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.50
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-tz-slot-machine-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.