20141220_113021.jpg
IMG_0205.JPG
image.jpg
HEPaddamsblack.jpg
20150129_172302.jpg
20150129_163803.jpg
336832-i.jpg
time.jpg
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

good luck. i miss mine almost as much as i miss my afm... At least i know a bunch of people with TZ, so it doesn't hurt so bad. lol. First world problems. Why do i say that when i hate it so much when others say it?

bet you dont miss the drywall screw hole... damn morons and drywall screws...

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Black trim looks amazing on titles such as AFM, TZ, and MM

Add TAF to that too.

HEPaddamsblack.jpgHEPaddamsblack.jpg
#53 9 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Add TAF to that too.

Add JM to that tooimage.jpgimage.jpg

#54 9 years ago

Put me on the list too Skins when its ready to go!

#55 9 years ago

I really want a TZ also. Gotta finish paying off my student loans first though. I want a TZ and a Williams IJ and then I'm done.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Actually more the one would think. But, I'm not telling.
Edit:
Well one of them is this guy..since it's already been brought up.
(but, me and DB62) are keeping him under wraps.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-unbelievable-pinball-purchase-last-night

I know they are out there as they didn't do well on route . There are alot of nice ones but some have fade and other issues or just dirty I literally could eat off the inside and even still has all original boards and dmd and clock board isnt even chared anyway im really proud to own such a iconic pin in awesome original condition .just put in white clock face with rgb color changers and wow it looks supef sweet really adds another dimension (see what I did there)

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I literally could eat off the inside

I know that "proud feeling" that you describe. Glad you are enjoying it..
Even though I don't necessarily approve of your eating habits

#58 9 years ago

Hope Hwawonyu doesn't mind I post this in his thread, but I'm looking for one as well. Except I'm looking for an all-out project, in fact the more work it needs the better (and priced accordingly). So actually I'm looking for the complete opposite, something to really challenge myself and do an all-out restore on and keep long-term.

I used to own a really nice early production example and sold it back in '06, sure miss it!

IMG_0205.JPGIMG_0205.JPG
#59 9 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Add TAF to that too.

HEPaddamsblack.jpg 47 KB

Fine!

AFM, TZ, MM, TAF, and JM look awesome with black trim. Anyone else?

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Fine!

My T2

https://www.flickr.com/photos/adriandmd/

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

bet you dont miss the drywall screw hole... damn morons and drywall screws...

Forgot about it completely. It didn't make it any less enjoyable to play by any stretch of the imagination. I know what you mean, though.

#63 9 years ago

Same situation here. Hated the game when it came out, hated it when I got into the hobby, and then started to play it at PAPA and a collectors place and it finally "clicked" early 2014 and I finally got what makes it so great.

The right one will turn up soon. It took me a few weeks and after a post like this someone decided to part with one that was really nice for a good price.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from FishPharm:

I really want a TZ also. Gotta finish paying off my student loans first though. I want a TZ and a Williams IJ and then I'm done.

I love these as well. Perfect pair

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I love these as well. Perfect pair

They sit side by side at my house, too. (Along with STTNG, my other Williams widebody. What a great era.)

#66 9 years ago

Bump still looking for a very nice TZ.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Fine!

CFTBL looks good too...

20141220_113021.jpg20141220_113021.jpg
#69 9 years ago

Thanks he won't let me navl though . Nice one though

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Thanks he won't let me navl though . Nice one though

Drive and get it, he's very close to silverball museum, which is worth the drive in itself. I'm on the way too, stop here and I'll feed you, And you can play a few games.

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I paid $2500 for my basket case TZ recently.
clipped wires, missing random plastics, missing 2 magnets, cpu was junk, dmd controller bad, ramp melted, etc...
A little elbow grease, tracking down of parts, adding new boards, and it's a helluva good player. I'm probably in it for at least $3500 but I don't believe more than 4k.
While the rules may not be crazy, they are complete, and the sounds and overall package is hard to beat.
I've been around the world with all the pins and know what I like by now, so TZ I plan to keep for the long haul. It's just a great pin that to this day can still go up against any of the new pins.

Oh man, you did really well here. This is how I'd like to get into a TZ eventually...

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Have no idea how PL got that game past the bean counters. Cant imagine how much it would cost to make one now.

I think after the massive success of TAF Pat had carte blanche from the management.

And TZ DID sell massively, based upon the success of TAF for ops and how super sweet TZ looked.

From what I understand the game was very unreliable on location (we all know about the clock issues) and also too complicated for players so it wasn't the huge success ops wanted. And even if it did sell for Bally/Williams long-term I don't think it did them any favors.

#73 9 years ago

This is why you find so many more TZs out there. TZs were not on location since they were not good earners. They ended up in private homes getting little play.

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-tz-2/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.