(Topic ID: 206309)

WTB: Twilight Zone NOS Playfield

By jzdziarski

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Durzel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from jzdziarski:

does anybody know where i can get a working incandescent clock board? all the new ones are LED. I'd gladly send someone my LED board in exchange. The rest of my TZ is completely incandescent, and it's annoying me.

I have an incandescent clock currently, and am planning to change it to an Ingo for the opposite reason to you (everything in mine is LED), but I'm in the UK so don't know if that helps you much.

Out of interest - how would you deal with the "when not if" problem with incandescent bulbs cooking the optos, etc in the clock?

1 week later
#29 6 years ago

As a novice.. why is it that you need to get a new repro playfield "cleared"? Isn't that something the people that make them should do? Shouldn't it be delivered in a condition that you can immediately use?

What is clearing?

Apologies for the inexperience on this - just curious as to why it seems to be tolerated that you can buy a new PF from somewhere and immediately have to send it off for rectification work?

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

You do not need to get them cleared. Most people are ok with all the imperfections, dimples and the wear it will get. For an extra $400-$600. You can will get an perfected playfield with a far superior clear coat. For me it’s a no brained.

Fair enough. It still seems strange to me that the original product as delivered is not A1. It seems like something that I'd have a conversation with the supplier about, especially as these things aren't exactly cheap.

Guess I'm just inexperienced though.

#33 6 years ago

Ok that makes sense. Guess it's similar to detailing - a new car will have a reasonably good paint job but a detailer can always improve it, and would spend an amount of time doing it that a manufacturer wouldn't be able to justify financially.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Durzel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-twilight-zone-nos-playfield?tu=Durzel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.