(Topic ID: 206309)

WTB: Twilight Zone NOS Playfield

By jzdziarski

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 6 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - wanted

WTB: Twilight Zone NOS Playfield

Added: 2017-12-30 23:43:41 UTC • Ended: May 16th, 2018

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

Wanted

Item description

Looking for an original TZ playfield in new condition, thanks.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are jzdziarski's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to jzdziarski's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Asheville, NC, US

2 weeks later
#2 6 years ago

Still looking.

#3 6 years ago

Good luck. You'll be looking for a while!

#4 6 years ago

I'm patient Ron Kruzman had one just a couple months ago for sale. I'm sure they'll pop up again. Heard too many negative things about Mirco to consider it.

#5 6 years ago

does anybody know where i can get a working incandescent clock board? all the new ones are LED. I'd gladly send someone my LED board in exchange. The rest of my TZ is completely incandescent, and it's annoying me.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from jzdziarski:

does anybody know where i can get a working incandescent clock board? all the new ones are LED. I'd gladly send someone my LED board in exchange. The rest of my TZ is completely incandescent, and it's annoying me.

I may have one I can check when I get home later.

#7 6 years ago

I wish to do a full led but there seems to be various manufacturers. Is there a bad one and a best one or are all quote good ?

I don't want to spend an age doing it to find out that I bought a turkey....

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from BallyWilliams:

I wish to do a full led but there seems to be various manufacturers. Is there a bad one and a best one or are all quote good ?
I don't want to spend an age doing it to find out that I bought a turkey....

I like Comet LEDs. Good quality, good price and good customer service. For the clock board I use Ingo's clock board from Germany. Many of us in the forum have had good results with it.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from jzdziarski:

Heard too many negative things about Mirco to consider it.

What are the issues with the Mirco reproduction?

#10 6 years ago

from what i've read, mostly (very) premature wear, people who have it re-cleared seem fine

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from jzdziarski:

from what i've read, mostly (very) premature wear, people who have it re-cleared seem fine

It seems insane to have to get a new playfield cleared.
What is the approx. cost to have a unused/new playfield cleared these days?

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

It seems insane to have to get a new playfield cleared.
What is the approx. cost to have a unused/new playfield cleared these days?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nosnew-playfields-available-for-octnov/page/2#post-4168784

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

I like Comet LEDs. Good quality, good price and good customer service. For the clock board I use Ingo's clock board from Germany. Many of us in the forum have had good results with it.

I have the ingo clock board. Lovely man. I went for rainbow led and a white face.

I might have to go with a generic brand from a local company So I was wondering If there was a quality difference across brands.

I'll try out comet if I can thanks.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from jzdziarski:

I've done several Mirco swaps and never had that issue, but I have seen pictures of it. That said, in all honesty, if you're in for the long haul and plan to keep this as a forever machine, it's probably a toss up between a NOS done by Ron or a Mirco redone by Ron.

#15 6 years ago

If you get a Mirco done by Ron the issues will be taken care of and you will have a Kruzman cleared playfield for much less than the cost of just a NOS TZ playfield. I had mine done like this and it was amazing!

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from jzdziarski:

I have an incandescent clock currently, and am planning to change it to an Ingo for the opposite reason to you (everything in mine is LED), but I'm in the UK so don't know if that helps you much.

Out of interest - how would you deal with the "when not if" problem with incandescent bulbs cooking the optos, etc in the clock?

#17 6 years ago

I ordered an Ingo board to replace my incandescent. Bottom opto is not working which seems to be a common problem with the original clock board. Not sure when I am getting it but will be selling my old board when I get it.

#18 6 years ago

bought a working clock board from flynnibus, thanks!

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

I've done several Mirco swaps and never had that issue, but I have seen pictures of it.

Yikes, I have a Mirco here waiting to install in my TOM later this year
..are these pictures on pinside?

#20 6 years ago

Thanks Davi !
So basically if a playfield cost $975-1000 you need to factor in another 600-800 for clear-coat!

#21 6 years ago

Thanks Davi !
So basically if a playfield cost $975-1000 you need to factor in another 600-800 for clear-coat!

even then, if you ever plan on selling it, you're hurting your resale value. tables are easy to come by, some number of people are going to pass up your pin with a repro for one with an original pf

#22 6 years ago

That makes sense. I never thought about it that way. I bought all my B/W games 15-20 years ago and luckily all of them have pretty nice original playfields. I guess that makes the NOS BSD and other playfields I have hanging on the wall of the game room worth much more than I've been offered in the past. I vaguely remember paying $375 for BSD and $125 for tales/crypt,others were somewhere between that from what I recall. Good luck in your search for your TZ! unfortunately that's one I that I don't have hanging.

#23 6 years ago

I have a Kruzman cleared Mirco TZ PF. It looks awesome. I have it hanging on my wall. I was gonna do a swap but never got around to it. My

#24 6 years ago

Yours will definitely hold up with a Kruzman coat.

How do the colors compare to the original?

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from jzdziarski:

if this is the case with mirco
How about CPR playfields?
Get them cleared or fear possible premature wear?

#26 6 years ago

I don't think CPR makes a TZ, only the mini-field AFAIK

#27 6 years ago

if this is the case with mirco
How about CPR playfields?
Get them cleared or fear possible premature wear?

I would recommend having them all cleared by a professional. Kruzman, Neo, Hutchin’s I know there are others.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from jzdziarski:

Yours will definitely hold up with a Kruzman coat.
How do the colors compare to the original?

The blues on the PF are a tiny bit lighter. The yellow cobbles on the town square are a tiny bit lighter too. The colors are vibrant especially after a Kruzman clear coat. The reds and blacks are the same.

#29 6 years ago

As a novice.. why is it that you need to get a new repro playfield "cleared"? Isn't that something the people that make them should do? Shouldn't it be delivered in a condition that you can immediately use?

What is clearing?

Apologies for the inexperience on this - just curious as to why it seems to be tolerated that you can buy a new PF from somewhere and immediately have to send it off for rectification work?

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

As a novice.. why is it that you need to get a new repro playfield "cleared"? Isn't that something the people that make them should do? Shouldn't it be delivered in a condition that you can immediately use?
What is clearing?
Apologies for the inexperience on this - just curious as to why it seems to be tolerated that you can buy a new PF from somewhere and immediately have to send it off for rectification work?

You do not need to get them cleared. Most people are ok with all the imperfections, dimples and the wear it will get. For an extra $400-$600. You can will get an perfected playfield with a far superior clear coat. For me it’s a no brained.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

You do not need to get them cleared. Most people are ok with all the imperfections, dimples and the wear it will get. For an extra $400-$600. You can will get an perfected playfield with a far superior clear coat. For me it’s a no brained.

Fair enough. It still seems strange to me that the original product as delivered is not A1. It seems like something that I'd have a conversation with the supplier about, especially as these things aren't exactly cheap.

Guess I'm just inexperienced though.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Fair enough. It still seems strange to me that the original product as delivered is not A1. It seems like something that I'd have a conversation with the supplier about, especially as these things aren't exactly cheap.
Guess I'm just inexperienced though.

It takes time to do a high quality clear job with many steps and wait time between coats. The company’s are giving a quality product, just not a high quality collector product. They would sell significantlyess playfields if they charged an extra $500.00

You will be fine to install these playfields as is. Just in time they will wear, clear will crack, inserts will lift, the list goes on and on. Many are ok with that because it looks good now. No right or wrong way here only what makes sense to you.

#33 6 years ago

Ok that makes sense. Guess it's similar to detailing - a new car will have a reasonably good paint job but a detailer can always improve it, and would spend an amount of time doing it that a manufacturer wouldn't be able to justify financially.

#34 6 years ago

Problem for me is I don't have a spare NOS playfield to clear coat yet :p

1 week later
#35 6 years ago

Humm. Inactive already. Suspicious duplicate account. Gave him self away on cpu board thread.
Fyi, been a twilight zone playfield readily available fir weeks in market. There was no need for this pointless debate.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-twilight-zone-nos-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.