TZ 001.JPG
DSC08864-361.JPG
DSC08863-713.JPG
DSC08867-482.JPG
DSC08869-802.JPG
DSC08868-632.JPG
roshambo1.jpg
flipper_business_card-rcdecae5b400b4012afde42f4a41ce590_i579t_8byvr_324.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JAG63.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Looking to buy a complete Twilight Zone Machine in at least WORKING condition, not looking for a perfect machine i will repair and upgrade as needed. I want to buy this for personal home use, i do NOT own a business.

Thanks

JAG63
Joe

#7 10 years ago

you guys are a riot i think i will fit in just fine here. If you are using the term "flipper" as someone who buys and re sells pins then NO! i will sign legal documents saying i will buy the machine and it will never leave my house for as long as i live

If you are using the term "flipper" as indicating someone who enjoys playing pinball then YES i guess i am a flipper

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Dommer:

Hope you find one. I had a rough but working TZ miraculously fall into my hands for a good price from a craiglist ad. Part luck, part waiting. I'd try to talk up, network, and get friendly with any pinheads you know. There's a lot of stuff that gets sold by word of mouth between pinheads that never gets posted online. Still kicking myself in the ass for passing on a lead for a $3500 TOTAN.

i think i read your story, did it have clock issues? there is actually a Tales of the Arabian Nights machine owned by a local vendor i talked to, he also has Attack from Mars and a mint Addams family, all on location, from the prices i see people want for these on Evilbay i couldnt believe he had them out.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

What type of legal documents will you sign? How will they prevent you from selling the machine? What recourse are you giving the seller?

yeah i was using sarcasm, not really sure how i would prove i am just a regular person who wants a pin, after my first post i was already being accused of being a fraud. if anyone lives near me i would gladly meet with them. i work for the school district, dont have time to run a pinball business on the side.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I have a TZ in great working shape in MA. There is a small chip in one of the inserts and a screw dimple. There a few mods installed. New clock board, clock housing, gumballs, flasher mod, Robbie mod, diverter magnet, backbox door mod, probably more.
I also have a ton of extras, I planned on restoring it. New Mirco playfields (3rd magnet drilled) , new clear ramp, magnet kit from pinbits along with some of the additional hardware, GLM mini playfield switch kit. I'm sure other things too. There is a box of plastics, many new. Haven't really inventoried it.
$5500 base game
$6500 with extras (well over 1k in extras)

that seems exactly what i am looking for i just do not have that much to spend that is why i am looking for one in poor condition, thank you though

#14 10 years ago

seriously if they are documents i will sign them, it has been my goal since i was 10 years old to get a Twilight zone Pin in my home.

#16 10 years ago

thanks tigarlaw, i was thinking about asking centerflank for his number i would like to talk to him on the phone, maybe he will warm up to me faster

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

PM me anytime! Still room for the Spring'14 Camping Jamboree.
Love my TZ! (bought it from Capt. Neo 1.5years ago)

DSC08868-632.JPG 384 KB

DSC08869-802.JPG 317 KB

DSC08867-482.JPG 365 KB

DSC08863-713.JPG 512 KB

DSC08864-361.JPG 498 KB

this is a beautiful TZ you have, thanks for sharing

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Welcome to Pinside. I own a TZ, and I don't think I'd ever part with it. It's one of the coolest pins ever made... Having said that... I almost never play it. It's the one in my collection that sees the least playtime from me. My youngest boy loves it, and plays it a ton.
This is all to say, though it's a real grail pin for a ton of people (with GOOD reason)... Have you checked out any more modern pins?? There are a bunch from the last decade worth considering. You could get a no hassle gently used X-Men for a steal right now. Undervalued machine for sure. ST Pro?? SM? The list goes on. Play as many machines as you can before settling on the one you want.
You absolutely can't go wrong with TZ. It's a great pin for SURE, but it's very desirable, and therefor priced accordingly. Even the busted ones!
Look around. Good luck!

thanks for the welcome and the advise, i have sentimental attachment to a TZ but if i absolutely had to choose another i would have to go Addams Family

#23 10 years ago

Thanks Gerry, i know zero people with pins before joining here, PM me anytime for my number and what not.

wow you do own and have owned some awesome pins, very cool to find out there are that many working pins that close to me

#25 10 years ago

thats great to know, any local TZ's around? ill bring my own bucket full of quarter LOL

#26 10 years ago

i figured i would add if anyone is interested, i have a high end NY LEGAL firearms collection i would be willing to trade for a nice TZ. PM me for details on firearms

#29 10 years ago

thanks Gerry looking forward to seeing your collection

#30 10 years ago

wow Gerry, those are some really fun machines you have, and yes they kicked my ass except for that one i beat you on

looking forward to coming over again sometime

#32 10 years ago

oh i didnt think we were going to mention the hookers, is it ok to post the photos then?

#33 10 years ago

still looking for a TZ everyone

#35 10 years ago

I'm Willing To Wait For The Right One, Thank You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JAG63.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-twilight-zone-in-almost-any-condition?tu=JAG63 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.