• 46 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by finalboss
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How much should a Tron LE pf cost?”

• Less than $500 for finalboss. His lion avatar has such a regal mane, no doubt he's handsome. 1 vote
    4%
  • Between $500 and $750, purple wasn't a good choice of color, I'm a hater. 4 votes
    15%
  • Between $750 and $1000, lion's are disgusting creatures, especially winged lions. 9 votes
    35%
  • Greater than $1000, I hate all animals and am a terrible human being. 12 votes
    46%

(26 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gigolo-1.png
image-70.jpg
image-978.jpg
image-917.jpg
image-650.jpg
image.jpg
image-261.jpg
image-326.jpg
image-897.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Looking for a Tron LE playfield.
PM if interested in selling.
Will consider sellers from any region.

#2 9 years ago

Wow, good luck

I have an LE backbox

#3 9 years ago

What's a Tron?

#5 9 years ago

I think there's one in NJ for 15k

#7 9 years ago

I'll sell my nos playfield for $2,500. I can always just pop open my nib trone le when my Huo playfield shows some wear.

#8 9 years ago

Well, it's NOS and I assume it's populated. Hard to tell since it's still in the box

#9 9 years ago

It's a stand alone nos playfield. I have two tron les and a nos playfield.

#10 9 years ago

Bump.

#11 9 years ago

What are you willing to pay for a such an item?

#12 9 years ago

Less than 2500

#13 9 years ago

Yes, this one has the idea.

Also, 3 have sold to my knowledge between $800-900 in the last several months. A couple here on pinside.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

What are you willing to pay for a such an item?

Is your curiosity an indication you have one?

#15 9 years ago

Cheap ones are gone.. Not many extra were made..

#16 9 years ago

I have also been looking for one. I would be interested in hearing what people have paid for them in the past.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Cheap ones are gone.. Not many extra were made..

Plenty of "cheap" ones out there. Someone I spoke with recently was willing to part with one for $1250 :p

#18 9 years ago

I guess if you really needed one $1250 is not that much more than CPR is charging for some of there playfields, if it is a true LE playfield.

#19 9 years ago

I recently sold one for $900 Canadian dollars, which is, I don't know $800 American dollars. So I'm sure there are more "cheap" ones out there

And by the way, even at the $800 USD I still had people low balling me

#20 9 years ago

What would you guys price a Tron playfield that is missing the final black screen for the outline of inserts and text? It also has a vertical line of color on the right side that is not correct. It's never been installed in a game. It has factory hardcoat on there too.

#21 9 years ago
image.jpgimage.jpg image-897.jpgimage-897.jpg image-326.jpgimage-326.jpg
#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

What would you guys price a Tron playfield that is missing the final black screen for the outline of inserts and text? It also has a vertical line of color on the right side that is not correct. It's never been installed in a game. It has factory hardcoat on there too.

I would consider that a wall hanger. Maybe $400? You can buy them for $750 in perfect condition at BAA.

#23 9 years ago

Yes, wall hanger. I would not waste my time installing that in a game.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

Yes, wall hanger. I would not waste my time installing that in a game.

Agree.

#25 9 years ago

I would never install in a game either. Anybody want to buy this wall art?

#26 9 years ago

How much? I use old playfields on my ceiling.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

I would never install in a game either. Anybody want to buy this wall art?

I'd be interested...... need to compare a few things though. Assuming from the sticker and configuration it's a pro, not a LE.

How the hell did you end up with one missing a whole screen layer...

I'm interested in it for my game...not as a wall hanger. I have my reasons.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'd be interested...... need to compare a few things though. Assuming from the sticker and configuration it's a pro, not a LE.

It's a pro playfield. There isn't silver around every insert, it says Tron Rev B and not Tron Premium on the side of the playfield and last but not least it is missing the three red inserts for the recognizer that the LE has.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'm interested in Frax installing this playfield. I have my reasons

#30 9 years ago

I'm just interested to know frax's reasons!

Post edited by Erik: hah! what lapnip said =D

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I'm interested in Frax installing this playfield. I have my reasons

Because you like seeing crazy sh-- at TPF? lol

I am hoping to fully complete what I want to do with my Tron by TPF next year...I think we have finally decided to stop trading and selling games for the most part...we finally bought LEDs for Congo, Metallica, and Tron...lookin' pretty sweet...got to Portal yet again last night, never gets old.

I swear I am gonna have like 8k in this Pro by the time I get done.

#32 9 years ago

How much? I use old playfields on my ceiling.

This is an amazing idea.

#33 9 years ago

Frax's wife likes that playfield for our actual machine, too.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I swear I am gonna have like 8k in this Pro by the time I get done.

welcome to club tron

#35 9 years ago

I would say $375 + shipping. Here are some more pics. There's a small gouge on the right side to the right of bumper area and left side where the apron would cover. Looks like Quorra has a couple freckles. The messed up vertical lines of color on the right side of playfield is about 2 inches wide and goes from top to bottom. Its only really noticeable towards top of the playfield in yellow area and by Flynn's arcade insert. All the inserts seem way smoother than my Pro. My Pro feels like they're raised but needs waxing. Finally, there seems to be a Mylar square over Recognizer.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#36 9 years ago

Beauty mark, not freckle. I think I'm in on this if the other guy passes or gives me a crack at it. My only real concern is that mylar strip on the recognizer...really hope that's all it is and it comes off easy..

#37 9 years ago

Great price, even for a wall hanger.

#38 9 years ago

Curious - how'd you end up with this playfield?

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Quiddity:

Curious - how'd you end up with this playfield?

probably just like the rest of us studs do...

gigolo-1.pnggigolo-1.png

#40 9 years ago

Playfield found!

Sadly, not through this thread, but rather through hard work and perseverance...sweat of the brow type stuff. While you lot were off gallivanting, posting about wall hangers, etc., I spammed enough good folks via email that one turned up.

Also, the seller is a delightful human being so the price was quite fair. Just a hair under $2500

#41 9 years ago

Congrats Jerimy!

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Congrats Jerimy!

Thanks man! I'm stoked. Now let's see how many years it sits before I actually use it!

#43 9 years ago

Glad you found one. Did you get leads on any others?

#44 9 years ago

Congrats on the find, Jerimy. Now go and get that baby cleared properly. I haven't got round to sending mine out yet, but this thing should get the double A+ gold standard super clear treatment!

#45 9 years ago

Glad you found one. Did you get leads on any others?

Best advice I have, talk to distributors. They seem to have odds and ends and know lots of people.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Congrats on the find, Jerimy. Now go and get that baby cleared properly. I haven't got round to sending mine out yet, but this thing should get the double A+ gold standard super clear treatment!

Heh, agreed. Already spoke to Kruzman, I'll be handing it to him at the Ohio Show.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-tron-le-playfield-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.