• 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kell
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cardload1 021.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monsterbaldy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I have the touch.
I have the power.
Sell me your Transformers pinball.
Not real picky about condition, most can usually be made like new with a Matrix of Leadership.

-ben

#10 9 years ago

Transformers incoming on Monday. Any suggestions on mods and other things?

1. I am going to mod the hell out of the music with the Vince Dicola soundtrack from the 80s movie. There will be a LOT of synth slap bass and some Stan Bush.
2. I heard it's a good idea to remove the Ironhide gate? Do you just remove it completely switch and all?
3. I'd like to replace movie star scream with animated cartoon starscream, that seems like it might be tricky though since I think movie starscream's legs can actually be hit by the ball.
4. Stan Bush.

Anything else recommended?

-ben

#15 9 years ago

I am not really sure either, I think they say it improves flow? I am going to try everything stock to begin with and see if I care.

#21 9 years ago

Glenn, I need you to hold onto that star trek pro longer until I am ready for it.
I sold Indy back to Pat a bit ago, he was happy.

I am at 5 games right now... I don't really want to get to 6, I might sell something at some point... but I have to really really try transformers first.

However... once I jam the 1986 soundtrack into it that will make it the kind of weird and ridiculous thing that I have a huge soft spot for.

OR...

I just fucking give in to chaos and buy a Star Trek Pro and Simpsons stat.

-ben

1 week later
#22 9 years ago

I've had some time with Transformers now.

Things that are weird:
The ramps are super weird, but in a way that I kind of like for whatever reason.
The Ironhide mini pf is definitely dumb.
I thought the game needed more lighting, but I mostly fixed that by putting stronger leds in some of the GI, especially the backing row.

Overall though I am completely in love with the game, I can't stop playing it. The shot doubler mechanic and the risk/reward aspect of that is addictive as hell, even though some of the shots are weird they all feel really good. The game is just super well done overall (even though the Ironhide mini pf is legitimately awful, if it just had more responsive controls it might be more interesting).

Anyways, food for thought on a game that is not well liked in general. Maybe the game was so terrible with early code it earned it's bad rep then, maybe the Ironhide pf is more of a gamebreaker for others, but don't write a game off you haven't tried yourself. I had a similar experience with X-men as well, but people seem to be more on-board with that game lately.

-ben

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monsterbaldy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-transformers-in-az?tu=monsterbaldy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.