By MiamiRedSkin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hi All,

This might be a stretch, but hey, it's always worth a try. I am a novice to the pinball world - I own one machine that was a family gift but my family has always enjoyed playing it and spending time together. Well, my father's birthday is fast approaching and he is probably one of the biggest "The Who" fans out there - when he first spotted a Tommy machine on vacation about a year ago without knowing they existed, he spent at least 3 hours playing it and was smiling like a little kid. I am just a grateful son looking to surprise my dad for all he has done for me.

Anyways, I have cash on hand and can drive and pick up the machine in a 5 hour distance (my friend has a truck and is willing to help me out with the move). I am looking for a nice machine but it does not have to be collector quality or in pristine condition (As a recent college grad, I do not even think I can afford a piece like that to be honest). Please contact me if you have any leads or are selling one yourself.

#2 10 years ago

Morning bump

#3 10 years ago

Bump!!!!!

#4 10 years ago

It seemed like there were a ton of Tommy machines available recently, but of course I just did a Pinside market search and not a one showed up. There are of course some on eBay, but with high prices to match. There was a nice one at the local pin shop the last time I was there. It is probably more money that you'd want to spend and possibly too far away, but the website is choochooarcades.com if that helps even a little. Good luck in your search!

#5 10 years ago

Bump Still on the lookout

#6 10 years ago

I do have one and its nice but I paid around 3400 for mine after delivery, purchased here on Pinside from Coasterguy. I wished I could have gotten BRs when he had it for sale but I was hoping Craig could have made the deal and I already had one but he had such a low great price. I had looked for one for a long time. They never turn up at auction and finding one with a working blinder can also be difficult. It sounds great as it has BSMT 2000 sound and with LED's it looks even better. Good Luck! Let me know if you can not find one as you never know I have room for 5 DE pins and I would like to get TFTC back.

#7 10 years ago

Link when I purchased Tommy from Coasterguy.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-tommy

#8 10 years ago

There is 1 in terre haute for 2500. It's on craigslist

#9 10 years ago

Sent an email - no response and no number to call

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

I was hoping Craig could have made the deal

So does Craig!

#12 10 years ago

Nobody is selling their Tommy Might have to figure out a plan B for my dad

#13 10 years ago

They are HARD to get it. It would easier if he liked superheroes.

#14 10 years ago

Bump -- would love to see this happen for you and your dad! Good luck!

#15 10 years ago

What a great present !

I have just put a shout out on the Tommy Facebook page I admin ....you never know, might help.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Whos-Tommy-Pinball-Wizard-Pinball-Machine-Data-East-1994/147739828633855

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

What a great present !
I have just put a shout out on the Tommy Facebook page I admin ....you never know, might help.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Whos-Tommy-Pinball-Wizard-Pinball-Machine-Data-East-1994/147739828633855

I appreciate it! To be honest, I should have started the search earlier. When he saw and played that pinball machine, he couldn't control his happiness. He honestly might pass out if I can find one for him.

#18 10 years ago

Not far at all. I'm a Louisville guy myself

indianapolis.craigslist.org link

#19 10 years ago

Sent a message.. too far to drive and shipping will be 3-500 hundred.. not even sure he would be willing to ship

Quoted from TurboBengal:

Not far at all. I'm a Louisville guy myself
indianapolis.craigslist.org link

This is actually a pinsider's machine. He is looking for a trade but if that doesn't work out, I might be able to buy it. I am keeping my fingers crossed on this one as it's close.

I appreciate you all helping me - what an awesome community.

#20 10 years ago

Please let me know if you don't buy the machine in Indiana. If you don't, I might very well get it for myself. But you have first dibs, so I won't interfere. Just send me a PM when you know.

#21 10 years ago

Hi Craig,
I appreciate it. I am fully willing to purchase that machine and pick it up ASAP - just waiting on the seller When I saw that pop up in Indiana, my heart was literally popping out of my chest as it was so close and I wouldn't have to deal with shipping, etc. I guess my initial messages via CL never went through (I sent multiple messages right after the listing went up), but he did find this thread and pm me here.

I will keep you updated

#22 10 years ago

Good luck! Hope you snag it!

#23 10 years ago

Try pinballstore.com (Dr. Scott's Pinball Store) outside of Toledo. They had one or two last time I was in there. They are good people, but since they operate out their brick and mortar business so to speak, be prepared to pay retail price minus some negotiation.

#24 10 years ago

Still on the lookout :\

#25 10 years ago

I would take 3k for mine if you can not find one
Norton VA 24273 its what I paid Coasterguy, link to pics are in the thread already.

Good Luck!

#26 10 years ago

What happened to the Indiana pin?

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

What happened to the Indiana pin?

Still waiting on him - he has a trade that he is considering, but if it falls through, I am first in line to buy it with cash. I am seriously hoping this works out - he is close and I can get there pretty quickly. I am seriously refreshing my inbox every 5 min. and checking my phone hoping he drops a note or text. I want that one

#28 10 years ago

Still on the lookout....

#29 10 years ago

This one came up today in northeastern Oklahoma - tulsa.craigslist.org link

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

$ 18.95
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 27.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals

Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-tommy-louisville-can-drive-within-400-500-miles-dads-birthday and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.