IMG_4603.JPG
IMG_4607.JPG
IMG_4596.JPG
IMG_4594.JPG
IMG_4588.JPG
IMG_4590.JPG
IMG_4592.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Restoring a Time Fantasy and have the cabinet about finished so it's time to get serious with the playfield. Mine has been previously clearcoated with who knows what and it is seriously slow going cleaning it off with laquer thinner and magic eraser, so does anybody have a restorable pf for sale?

Thanks
Kris

#3 11 years ago

PF Found. Now I can use a better backglass and some plastics. Full set if possibly but at least the left slingshot and the time shot plastic.

Kris

1 month later
#5 10 years ago

bump on the plastics and backglass

1 week later
#6 10 years ago

bumperoo. Will see what my NOS pf looks like shortly when it arrives. Can't wait. In the meantime would still like to find the plastics.

Also where can I find the older transparent orange lane guides. only found some at either Marco or BAA but they were single sided.

#7 10 years ago

Try BGRESTO for the backglass if you haven't already.
It's on their list of backglass they have done.

Cool weird psychedelic game.

1 week later
#8 10 years ago

I have a TF BG

Super insane perfect condition

How does one ship such a fragile item?

PM sent

#9 10 years ago

PM sent back.

Best method is to double box it. This is a smaller glass so it makers it easier. Wrap glass with stretch wrap. place inside first box with lots of foam peanuts or foam blocks. I received one glass where the guy make corner holders to hold the glass suspended in the middle of the first box, then the first box went into a second box with more foam/peanuts between the 2 boxes.

My NOS pf looks pretty good, some light planking in the black no the lower right, but this will be easy to touch-up before clearcoating it. Cabinet is restenciled so a super perfect backglass will fit into this game nicely.

#10 10 years ago

Sweet, found a glass, so now all I need is a couple of plastics. slingshot (left I think) and the one over the time ramp. Also can use 5-6 orange lane guides.

2 weeks later
1 week later
#12 10 years ago

Got the glass from Chris and it is in fantastic shape. Thanks a ton Chris. Now just looking for the plastics.

Saw that pinball life now has fluorescent orange and fluorescent green plastic posts and might put them into the game.

2 months later
1 month later
1 month later
3 weeks later
#16 10 years ago

Almost done with the pf swap and I'm staring at these crappy wavy chipped plastics and really wish someone might find a set to sell me.

Shame as the pf and cabinets are perfect 10's the backglass is a 9 and the plastics are a 5

#17 10 years ago

Can someone make a scan of a good set?

#18 10 years ago

Is there a bounty on the needed plastics yet...lol

#19 10 years ago

I'll put a bounty of $150 for an NOS set if they exist.

#20 10 years ago

Are there any in particular that you need more than others for your restoration?

#21 10 years ago

Yes

The left slingshot is the most obvious one on mine as it's missing the bottom chipped off corner.

Next would be the Time tube plastic, but I think this one is probably broken on every single machine as the little ramp puts the ball right into the plastic.

Third would be the mushroom jump plastic as some of the ink on the bottom side of it has been worn off.

The rest are complete but wavy and had overspray from clear or blue paint on them. I'll post some pictures on the game shortly once I get the last target I need and the right lane guides.

#22 10 years ago

I bought a TF tonight. Looks like a cool game.

1 week later
#23 10 years ago

bumparoo, still need those plastics

OK, got the last target, waiting on a lane guide and will have pictures forthcoming.

#24 10 years ago

pics as promised

IMG_4588.JPGIMG_4588.JPG IMG_4590.JPGIMG_4590.JPG IMG_4592.JPGIMG_4592.JPG IMG_4594.JPGIMG_4594.JPG IMG_4596.JPGIMG_4596.JPG
#25 10 years ago

MORE

IMG_4603.JPGIMG_4603.JPG IMG_4607.JPGIMG_4607.JPG IMG_4608.JPGIMG_4608.JPG IMG_4609.JPGIMG_4609.JPG IMG_4611.JPGIMG_4611.JPG
#26 10 years ago

and

IMG_4612.JPGIMG_4612.JPG IMG_4613.JPGIMG_4613.JPG IMG_4614.JPGIMG_4614.JPG IMG_4618.JPGIMG_4618.JPG IMG_4619.JPGIMG_4619.JPG
#27 10 years ago

That is beautiful.

#28 10 years ago

Still need a double sided orange and a green 2 1/8" lane guides. Only ones I can find in those colors are single sided.

#29 10 years ago

I am going to be working on a PF for this title soon, you don't happen to have any leftover parts, do yah?

#30 10 years ago

I really want to eat mushrooms, listen to DSOTM & play that Time Fantasy

#31 10 years ago

Great pin. Very rare cool theme and your defender next to it good luck sourcing the plastics.

Mk

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

I am going to be working on a PF for this title soon, you don't happen to have any leftover parts, do yah?

Just the original playfield. It's maybe a 5-6, not a lot of pf wear but someone sealed it up with a crappy clear. Was trying to remove it with laquer thinner and gave up and lucked into the NOS pf. I really should have scanned the NOS one before I installed it.

#34 10 years ago

Wow, a Time Fantasy next to a Defender. Jealous!

#35 10 years ago

The greatful dead must have swung through chicago before someone came up with the concept of that game.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Just the original playfield. It's maybe a 5-6, not a lot of pf wear but someone sealed it up with a crappy clear. Was trying to remove it with laquer thinner and gave up and lucked into the NOS pf. I really should have scanned the NOS one before I installed it.

Cool...thanks ...I have the PF though.

2 months later
#37 10 years ago

Ok

Found some unchipped plastics. Had to trade my second backglass out along with my crappy plastics for the better set. But now have a respectable set with no missing ink and no missing pieces although the time tube plastic is still cracked at the right side of the bend.

3 weeks later
#38 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Ok
Found some unchipped plastics. Had to trade my second backglass out along with my crappy plastics for the better set. But now have a respectable set with no missing ink and no missing pieces although the time tube plastic is still cracked at the right side of the bend.

So are you saying you have some extr plastics for me?

#39 9 years ago

nope, traded my crappy set for his good set.

#40 9 years ago

Do you still have the original pop bumper caps?

1 month later
#41 9 years ago

Still have the original caps but they will stay with the game in case anyone after me wants to put them back on.

I did find a double orange lane guide from a DE batman so now all I need is a nice double sided green lane guide.

1 year later
#42 8 years ago

Hello!
Do you still have the old pf?
If yes is it up for sale?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-time-fantasy-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.