9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tumblr_lhq3g5HkQZ1qhg50po1_500.gif

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Looking to buy a nice example. LED's a plus but not a deal breaker. Looking to spend up to 5-6k budget. I live in CT so within the North East Coast area please so I can look at the game. I do have a friend in OHIO that can pick it up for me in those areas as well. Thanks everyone.

Brad

#2 9 years ago

Treasure cove has a restored one if ur looking high end

#3 9 years ago

Appreciate it, but not looking to spend 8k on a pinball machine 20 plus years old. Actually didn't even see TOM on the website. Machines look nice though.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from bjbowman045:

Appreciate it, but not looking to spend 8k on a pinball machine 20 plus years old. .

What are you looking to spend for one?

#5 9 years ago

Levi has a really nice one, I've seen it and played it.

#6 9 years ago

I'm looking for the Best machine out there for the lowest price like everyone else! lol

#7 9 years ago

Sat. Morning bump...still looking

#8 9 years ago

I'm kicking myself cause I saw a really nice one locally on craigslist recently that was going for just under 5k. I was trying to meet the guy to try it out but couldn't get out of work. I planned to go the next day but someone else was able to show up and buy it. I've never cried so hard in my life. Haha j/k...sort of.

4 months later
#9 9 years ago

Back looking again actively now so if you have one please let me know.

#10 9 years ago

I have found that no one takes my WTB posts seriously unless you also post a looking price. Fair warning, be prepared for laughter if you do! Here's a hint, you are looking in the wrong place for a killer deal on a TOM... You passed on a decent one for 4K... You're not going to find one on here any cheaper.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-tom-columbus-ohio-4500

#11 9 years ago

I have a VERY nice one that I have considered selling, but so far have not put it up for sale.

A few years ago it was fully stripped down to the playfield. Playfield was polished, many new plastics, every metal piece either replaced or polished, all brand new ramps (clear and no cracks). New DMD. Full cointaker LED kit. Plays perfectly. A very nice example. I can't think of any flaws.

I have had it about 4 years, and while it is still one of my favorite games, I think it may be time to replace it with something new.

I would have to do some price research, because I don't know the current value. I will say this, it is an extremely nice machine, and I have put a lot into it. So it will be on the high end of price - but worth it.

If you are interested let me know and I can get you some pictures. If anyone wants to chime in on value ranges I am happy to hear it.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I have found that no one takes my WTB posts seriously unless you also post a looking price. Fair warning, be prepared for laughter if you do! Here's a hint, you are looking in the wrong place for a killer deal on a TOM... You passed on a decent one for 4K... You're not going to find one on here any cheaper.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-tom-columbus-ohio-4500

Appreciate the info and made a change...that machine had cosmetic damage that I could not live with which is why I did not move on it.

1 week later
#14 9 years ago

Still looking...thanks to those who contacted me.

#15 9 years ago

for that price range you should be able to buy any TOM available and it should be damn near mint.

#16 9 years ago

I'm dying to know what the TOM price is "around where you are" Neo.

I'm guessing $2k all day long? Enlighten us please. Maybe your dad has one he can sell this guy super cheap.

#17 9 years ago

when prices were really stupid, 2.5 years ago, they were hard to sell at 5k. that was during the high point, which was a lot higher than now. My dad sat on his which was really nice at 5k and it took 5 months to sell.

#18 9 years ago

Theatre is interesting in that you don't see them for sale often...or at least I haven't.

It's a remarkable game with extremely wide appeal. I agree that the high end here (6K) it better be near mint, but that's true on the high-end for all A-list games.

And TOM is an A-list game.

#19 9 years ago

They are pretty to look at.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Theatre is interesting in that you don't see them for sale often...or at least I haven't.
It's a remarkable game with extremely wide appeal. I agree that the high end here (6K) it better be near mint, but that's true on the high-end for all A-list games.
And TOM is an A-list game.

yup.

at OPs price range, shouldn't have a huge issue getting one in that range I would think. there was one on CL just a couple of weeks back for $5500.

#21 9 years ago

Appreciate the free bumps people. Really need something within driving miles of CT or Ohio as I have some a friend in that area that can look at the game for me. Just to chime in on the "Value" debate...Pinball games in general are only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, not pinsides opinions or some random website saying its worth X amount. A list or not, a TOM is not worth 6 or 7k...at least not yet IMO. I'm willing to pay a bit more than average because I want the game...hopefully I'll get one without my wife divorcing me, lol. CrazyLevi did show me a nice example though...if you are still considering selling that CrazyLevi send me a pm.

#22 9 years ago

I might be putting mine up for sale in the spring/summer. It's in excellent condition, I've had it for 7 years. I wouldn't really want less than $5500 for it. I would imagine by that time you will own one though. If not, maybe maybe! =)

#23 9 years ago

I can bring mine to the Ohio show but only if its paid for upfront, thats the best I can offer to do for you.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#24 9 years ago

Dont just buy the first one thats in your price range. Wait around and make offers. People will sell or sit on them.

#25 9 years ago

Are you just trying to raise the price on this title. Some people have no patience...

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Are you just trying to raise the price on this title. Some people have no patience...

hence why prices went out of control before. Too many people in too much of a rush.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

hence why prices went out of control before. Too many people in too much of a rush.

Exactly. I hope this doesn't start another period of artificial accelerated inflation.

#28 9 years ago

No rush for me...just looking for the right one Lets give it a great home people...will never leave my house...right next to my Stern Star Trek Premium

#29 9 years ago

I have a friend with a real nice one - I just have to help him fix a lamp problem and it will be set to go.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Exactly. I hope this doesn't start another period of artificial accelerated inflation.

Yeah...one dude looking for a nice game is gonna set the entire pinconomy on it's ass.

Are you insane?

If it bothers you so much that the guy is willing to spend $5-6K for a super nice TOM, find him one cheaper. That should help restore sanity to the pin market.

The Price Police need to start offering solutions instead of empty rhetoric! It's time for you folks to give back!

#31 9 years ago

Budget is 5-6k...doesn't mean you are going to get that out of me lol Keep me informed WeirPinball please.

#32 9 years ago

Check with Dayhuff he might take your offer.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Too many people in too much of a rush.

time is money. some people have better things to do with their life than hunt for deals on games for hours each day to get something for a few hundred or even a thousand dollars less. I've completely given up on building a collection because i won't pay top of the market nor will waste the rest of my life looking for deals. eff it.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from bjbowman045:

Budget is 5-6k...doesn't mean you are going to get that out of me lol Keep me informed WeirPinball please.

Will do - not 100% sure he will sell, but he did mention it when I was over there a while ago.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

time is money. some people have better things to do with their life than hunt for deals on games for hours each day to get something for a few hundred or even a thousand dollars less. I've completely given up on building a collection because i won't pay top of the market nor will waste the rest of my life looking for deals. eff it.

Getting the deals, and road trips is part of the fun. That's the pin experience. The hunt is sometimes the best part of this hobby.

#36 9 years ago

Here's one that's been on craigslist for a month in Northern NJ though you would need to talk him down on price to get it in your range.

newjersey.craigslist.org link

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

Here's one that's been on craigslist for a month in Northern NJ though you would need to talk him down on price to get it in your range.
newjersey.craigslist.org link

off topic, but i really get a kick out of the photos people choose to include on pinball CL ads. Like - the instruction and pricing cards? so bizarre.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

The hunt is sometimes the best part of this hobby.

If i relied on hunting, i'd die. It's easy to say "be patient" when you have 25 games. lol

#39 9 years ago

Can I suggest a Pinball magic instead? I picked mine up for $4k. I am told it is as much fun as TOM but I cannot confirm since I never played TOM. I do like my Pinball Magic though and it was light years ahead of the other pinball manufacturers technology at the time.

Just a thought.

#40 9 years ago

TOM holds a special place in my heart. First played this in college. One of those games that immediately drew you in with the look, sounds and callouts. Played a lot of pinball growing up and thru college and the first game I would go to is TOM if it was available. Last year drove to The Pinball Wizard arcade just to play TOM...and Star Trek LE. Decided to buy a Star Trek instead as it would be my first pin ever and I wanted that NIB experience. Tough decision between the two, but I fell in love with the whole theme and the shot flow of ST almost immediately. Now a year later I am fortunate enough to have the funds (and an understanding wife) to get one more pin.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

If i relied on hunting, i'd die. It's easy to say "be patient" when you have 25 games. lol

yea, but I did the same thing when I only had 3. Took me 6 months before I found a TAF in the price range/condition I thought was fair and within driving distance. Btw, driving distance for me is within 12 hour each way (for the right deal).

I also suggest pinball magic. I had TOM for 5 years, and it looked great, but it is very uneventful. Pinball magic has better toys, great layout, and better introduced theme. rules are more linear tho.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yea, but I did the same thing when I only had 3.

so... like 10 years ago?

#43 9 years ago

yup, but was still patient. Road trips are a good time. Longest road trip picking up and dropping off games was 36 hours straight. Pretty much circled the entire state of Ohio and back.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yup, but was still patient. Road trips are a good time.

i've roadtripped to get games. My main problem is I spend more time looking for a game than i actually end up playing it before i get sick of it. It isn't worth the time, for me.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I also suggest Pinball Magic.

It does have some cool toys and features.

I've been tempted to sell my ToM recently..... thinking of getting rid of the older 90's games and going with a pure Stern lineup. So far I haven't been able to do it (CV and ToM still get some action)

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

i've roadtripped to get games. My main problem is I spend more time looking for a game than i actually end up playing it before i get sick of it. It isn't worth the time, for me.

I guess it all depends on your attention span. The 36 hour trip I did, I still have the main game that started that trip. That was 6 years ago.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

It does have some cool toys and features.
I've been tempted to sell my ToM recently..... thinking of getting rid of the older 90's games and going with a pure Stern lineup. So far I haven't been able to do it (CV and ToM still get some action)

Besides the toys, Pinball magic has the best diagnostics too! Even more advance than anything Stern does today. Also, best G.I. light show ever, no switch matrix, adjustable flipper power (yes you read that correctly, fully adjustable), same coil type through-out (only have to stock one spare). This game was so ahead of it's time it is not even funny. Full clear coated playfield (rumor is 5 coats) and then also a full mylar on top of that! My Pinball Magic will never leave my collection. The voices are great too and match the theme and shots perfect...it adds excitement to the game.

#48 9 years ago

Not sure if it is still available.

philadelphia.craigslist.org link

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I guess it all depends on your attention span.

mine:

tumblr_lhq3g5HkQZ1qhg50po1_500.giftumblr_lhq3g5HkQZ1qhg50po1_500.gif
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-theatre-of-magic-5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.