• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Taxi_SOR2.jpg
Taxi_SOR1.jpg
IMG_00000418.jpg
IMG_00000417.jpg
IMG_3365.jpg

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

I doubt you could retire on making these, could get up to 200 sold maybe. Should of hung on to my extra one,sold it 3 years ago for $80.

#52 10 years ago

There was a little sarcasm there.

Quoted from TK2012:

I doubt you could retire on making these, could get up to 200 sold maybe. Should of hung on to my extra one,sold it 3 years ago for $80.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Contacted a couple guys that said they were working on approval for this a week or so ago....both said they are still just waiting for approval and nothing has happened. Just sitting on their hands right now.

Approval for what? They do not have to have the rights to make a ramp. I will sit back if this is in the works for sure.

#54 10 years ago

I don't know how many TAXI's are still out there but I bet 98% of them have a cracked spinout ramp.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from kray37:

Approval for what? They do not have to have the rights to make a ramp. I will sit back if this is in the works for sure.

Still no word from Gene at PPS, so its idle at the moment

#56 10 years ago

I don't understand what property rights would be violated by making an after market piece of plastic.

#57 10 years ago

There is nothing Williams written on the plastic...maybe they want the chance to sell through PPS....so they can make more. I am just passing on the information I have received. We all want this to happen.

#58 10 years ago

This and the center ramp in W?D are probably the two most elusive out there.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

This and the center ramp in W?D are probably the two most elusive out there.

Blackwater ramps are also difficult to find.

#60 10 years ago

The 'design" of the ramp is owned by B/W....Nobody owns the IP of the Wheel, However, if you copy a Cragar Mag Wheel your going to be sued as Cragar Owns the Design...Same thing with Ramp Designs....

Quoted from Kneissl:

I don't understand what property rights would be violated by making an after market piece of plastic

#61 10 years ago

I would definitely buy one (or two). Point me in the right direction!!!

2 weeks later
#62 10 years ago

Any news on this? I'd be interested too. But, do the right thing and don't gouge us too much.

#63 10 years ago

Subscribed for info.

#64 10 years ago

I'd be in for 2.
I almost had an NOS but the guy wanted 300.00 for it. So I was looking into designing something Cliffy could make for ramps with broken supports on the ends.
Making a new ramp would be the best solution for everyone

#65 10 years ago

I would definitely be in for a ramp (and spare) if they are approved!

1 week later
#66 10 years ago

any spinout news?

#67 10 years ago

i would try to tackle it since i just finished the Topper repro but not sure if someone is already taking it on???

#68 10 years ago

I'm a guy from Germany that would also be interested in a spinout ramp.

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from kray37:

i would try to tackle it since i just finished the Topper repro but not sure if someone is already taking it on???

I say run with it!

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from kray37:

If you can do it...DO IT!!!

#71 10 years ago

Problem is that others always BS and say they are in the process which I've heard that for several years just so no one else tries to run them....kinda tired of the "game"!

It takes a ton of money up front to make anything and these would be no exception! Two companies have both told me they are in the process of molding them now but don't want to make the public announcement! I doubt anyone will make it because of that reason....no one likes to be stuck $10-15k, including me

2 weeks later
#72 10 years ago

I'm in for one if these ever get made

#73 10 years ago

unfortunately, no new news

#74 10 years ago

Supposedly there is a company doing this process as we speak! They want to keep it on the DL to keep from impatient people from bad comments which I understand, so they are waiting til it's finished to announce.

#75 10 years ago

Here's hoping this is legit and that they make the announcement soon. Where do I sign up for a couple?

#76 10 years ago

i'm standing by!

#77 10 years ago

What do you think a reasonable price might be? It would be great if it is affordable.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from kray37:

Supposedly there is a company doing this process as we speak! They want to keep it on the DL to keep from impatient people from bad comments which I understand, so they are waiting til it's finished to announce.

Tell them to make me a PinBot vortex ramp while they are at it.

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

What do you think a reasonable price might be? It would be great if it is affordable.

I paid 159 for a repro space shuttle and ramp. I would think 100-125 would be fair

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

I thought that that was done before also? Maybe not.

I would like to know if anyone has done the High Speed and F-14 beacon covers

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Although currently out of stock you can get them right here

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-B-11152&Store_Code=PP

#82 10 years ago

Those have been out of stock forever.

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from kray37:

I have also heard this....but all the information I am currently getting....is that the license holder has to approve it...and there has been no response back from them.

1 month later
#84 9 years ago

Twisted pins WILL be making the spinout ramp!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-twisted-pins-to-enter-the-ramp-arena

Taxi_SOR1.jpgTaxi_SOR1.jpg
Taxi_SOR2.jpgTaxi_SOR2.jpg

#85 9 years ago

Good, hopefully this will turn out better than the WH20 topper...

#86 9 years ago

Wow, this is great!

#87 9 years ago

There is a repro Topper available?

#88 9 years ago

Awesome, this will complete my Taxi restoration.

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

There is a repro Topper available?

Pinsider Kray37 is selling them

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reproduction-taxi-topper-list

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-taxi-spinout-ramp/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.