• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by mcluvin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988
#1 8 years ago

Hey there! Just purchased Taxi and while I know these are hard-to-come-by items, I'm looking for a "great shape" or NOS Spinout ramp and a similar condition Marilyn Translite (I have a Lola). PM if you have one and are interested in selling.

Steven

#2 8 years ago

Good luck finding both. I was able to locate a spinout last year, but still having trouble finding a Marylin translite, as mine was sadly replaced with a Lola..... If you get a lead on multiple translites, please let me know. Thanks

#3 8 years ago

I got the same Lola/Marilyn combo... I automatically assumed it was wrong until a former Williams employee mentioned on RGP that some went out this way. It makes sense, because there are a ton of them out there like that.

I still understand wanting them to match, but that might be the factory translite!

#4 8 years ago

So, I have someone who has a NOS spinout that contacted me. He wants $300. That seems a bit high to me. What do y'all think?

#5 8 years ago

Up to you. They are unobtainium.
That's probably the going rate.
Mine has minor cracks, and will stay that way unless someone makes a whole batch.

#6 8 years ago

That's high. I also need one on a restoration I'm doing. Mine isn't TERRIBLE but the front edges are broken off so it's not perfect. I know people have looked into getting repros made but apparently it's some mystical manufacturing method no one wants to tackle

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from cranie:

That's high. I also need one on a restoration I'm doing. Mine isn't TERRIBLE but the front edges are broken off so it's not perfect. I know people have looked into getting repros made but apparently it's some mystical manufacturing method no one wants to tackle

No mystery about it. The cost to make the mold (injection molded) is too expensive to recoup on anticipated sales. Big financial risk with limited reward.

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

#8 8 years ago

I dunno..I think with the CPR repro playfields coming they would have a ton of sales.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from cranie:

I dunno..I think with the CPR repro playfields coming they would have a ton of sales.

I agree. Mine is good, but I'd buy another anyway if they were repro'd at a reasonable price.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside