• 25 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Evets
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988
#1 10 years ago

Anybody got a solid Taxi to sell in or around Virginia, or willing to ship?

#2 10 years ago

No cabs anywhere?

#3 10 years ago

Taxis wear hard. It's hard to find ones that aren't beat up. Lots of people are holding on to their games as Classic Playfields are almost done with the repro playfields.

http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo132.html

I'm shocked to see that the playfields are Marilyn and not Lola. I have a LOLA and now I'll have to get a new rom and a new translite.

#4 10 years ago

Agh, I just had a decent Taxi not too long ago. Richthofen is right though, most of them are in really bad shape. Here's to hoping you find a nice one somewhere!

#5 10 years ago

Thanks for the info, guys. I'm still hoping I can find one. I played this one at a laundrymat when i was a kid and i'm seriously nostalgic about it right now. Thanks again! Maybe someone has one. Fingers crossed.

#6 10 years ago

There was a lot of these games made. You will definitely find one. Just be patient. If you can't be patient, spend a lot of money. For the right price someone will drive one to your door.

I got mine last September/October I believe and got a good deal. Is it pretty? Nope. But I'll fix it up when the new playfield comes in!

#7 10 years ago

Bumpity bump. Still looking.

#8 10 years ago

There has been one with the price dropping on the austin CL. No idea if he would ship it - or if it is even worth it - -
austin.craigslist.org link

#9 10 years ago

Price is a little high....but if in good condition it's only hundreds over priced, not thousands.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

There has been one with the price dropping on the austin CL. No idea if he would ship it - or if it is even worth it - -
austin.craigslist.org link

Yeah, I agree with jmule... It's overpriced and apparently he's "FIRM" on his pricing. I just sold mine in decent condition for $1500. Give him time, maybe he'll come down on it eventually if he doesn't get a buyer.

#12 10 years ago

I paid 1700 plus 600 shipping for my very decent Marilyn Taxi. I thought that as a fair price. My playfield is way far from being blown out, translite is extremely good, ramps are mainly toast, spinout is better than would be expected, plastics are normal wear scratches on undersides. MPU had an ugly hack/hole in it, and the base cab had average dinge dirt to it.

#13 10 years ago

HighSpeed1: My Taxi (Marilyn) acutally sounds nicer than yours and I bought mine about 9 months ago for $ 650 .....Deals are out there you just have to be patient, and if everybody would stop overpaying for pins the prices will come back to reasonable....

#14 10 years ago

Jeez. Until now, I thought I had overpaid for mine last July.
Glad I jumped on it when I did. I think I've only seen one for sale within a 2hr drive since then.

ItsJustaGame: Where in VA are you? My Taxi isn't for sale, but if you're close by I'd be happy to let you enjoy mine for an afternoon sometime.

// Error: Image 115399 not found //

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Deals are out there you just have to be patient, and if everybody would stop overpaying for pins the prices will come back to reasonable....

Sounds like you got lucky Stu. Might have to do with region or something but when a pin you want comes up for sale around my area, you have to move FAST or someone else will pay what you won't. I guess it all comes down to how bad you want a certain title. I wanted Taxi really, really bad... but I got a good one.

#16 10 years ago

LOL, OK $650 can beat any "deal". Got mine 8 months ago. The irony is,,,,,, about another 1700.00 has been spent for a stockpile of new, and NOS parts including your CPR playfield. Oh well....
I did get a good deal on my TAF @ 3500.00 Oct 2011....

#17 10 years ago

luckily I get my Taxi Playfields free so I will only have to dump a couple hundred bucks into parts restoring it...I have 2 of them showing up tomorrow, can't wait to see how they turned out...

#18 10 years ago

I'd pay $650 for a basket case and feel good about it. That said mine is pretty great other than an average player's quality playfield. Hopefully soon replaced with a CPR masterpiece.....

Chris

#19 10 years ago

I found an NOS Taxi MPU in Germany, and bought the CPR plastics from the last run, the Pinball inc ramps, NOS spinout and put the Pin Pro sub kit in there. I don't think I can take any of them with me when I go, so I'm drinking up now as they say !!!!!
Let us know how the clear coat turned out.

#20 10 years ago

Sold mine for $1500 last month. Only paid $300 but it needed some work. Fun game, but I was sick of it by the time I was done shopping it.

#21 10 years ago

Sped, I'm in Roanoke. Pretty close to you! Your Taxi looks awesome! Sad to hear of only 1 for sale in a year. I'm finding it hard to find ANY pins for sale in this area at all. I'm new to this, though, so I am trying to be patient.

As for pricing, I guess pins, like everything else, are worth what someone will pay for them. I would pay $1800 - 2K (including shipping) for a really nice restored Taxi, so to me it's worth that much right now.

Do you by chance have any other pins for sale, Sped? Or do you know someone close who does? It's not been easy finding anything locally.

#22 10 years ago

By the way, I am like pissing myself jealous of guys who find deals like $300!!!! Someone else just told me they found a Star Trek NG for $1000!!! Where is my lucky break? LOL.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from ItsJustaGame:

Sped, I'm in Roanoke. Pretty close to you!
Do you by chance have any other pins for sale, Sped? Or do you know someone close who does? It's not been easy finding anything locally.

That is pretty close! There are also two other pinsiders in Roanoke that I know of & one in Rocky Mt.
Nope, I'm not selling anything at the moment. Sorry.

Check your private messages.

#24 10 years ago

love taxi it was my 1st pin and sold it for $3500, yes $3500 in Australia pins go for more then then worth then the USA .........the taxi I had was perfect and sad to see it go, but got a new toy now that's keeping me entertained.

#25 10 years ago

Taxi prices seem to vacillate a little more than many other pins. I bought a basket case in Southern California for $300 because I knew I wanted to do a full restoration over time so I got into the cheapest complete machine I could find. This price point has been reported more than a few times. On the other hand $2000+ Taxis happen often enough as well. Perhaps the release of CPR PFs will help "normalize" the Taxi pricing a bit.

-Steve

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 109.00
$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-taxi-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.