New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 55597)

WTB: Swords of Fury laminated insert decals

By debaser

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Tsskinne
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
image.jpg

#1 7 years ago

Looking to buy a set of top side laminated insert decals for Swords of Fury. The usual suspects are out of stock. Please PM me if you have a set of these available. Thanks!

#2 7 years ago

Bump. Still looking.

#4 7 years ago

About 45 bucks if your in the lower 48 but if worse comes to worse it's a fall back.

ebay.com link » Swords Of Fury Pinball Machine Insert Decals Licensed

Parts are kinda hard to get for this machine, it's not like 20K of them where made...Hopefully you can get a better deal then Ebay. Good luck.

#5 7 years ago

I ordered them off eBay and never got them. Classic arcades Jeff would not buy from them

#6 7 years ago

Yeah I've seen the ones Classic Arcade sells but I don't believe they are laminated on top, which is what I need as I'm not clearcoating the playfield. I emailed him about them along with some other decals I was interested in but never got a response. Sounds like kurtackerman had a bad experience with them as well.

#7 7 years ago

a digital file of the decals is available on ipdb. you could have a print shop print them out for you, I'd just ask around on pinside first for the proper materials. I'm about to do the same thing with my new SoF btw, so let me know what you end up finding out!

1 week later
#8 7 years ago

I ended up sending a message to Jeff at classicarcades. I asked him if the decals were laminated or the kind that need to be cleared. His reply (prompt I might add) was :"They are UV printed and require no clearcoat."

I went ahead and purchased them. He shipped the next day. I'll let you know for sure when they arrive. Thought this was worth mentioning because so far, my experience with him has been positive.

#9 7 years ago

Yes please let me know your thoughts on them once they arrive. Thanks.

#10 7 years ago

They arrived today. They look and feel really nice. I'll let you know how well they hold up after I install them.

1 week later
#12 7 years ago

Update. I'm pretty satisfied with how these turned out. They were a pain to install(scrape all old art off, sand clean, apply decals) but overall a huge improvement. I was sceptical that the art would hold up, so I applied one decal that I wasn't going to use to a piece of plastic and rubbed it vigorously with a ball. None of the art came up. Also rubbed it with novus 3, again the art held up. It was pretty easy to scrape the art off with a razor, but as long as you don't stick razors to you balls, I think you'll be okay. The biggest downside is that they are rather thick, and definitely affect the path of a slow moving ball.Also, the white isn't nearly as opaque as the original white, a lot of light still shines through. Before and after photos below....

image.jpg image.jpg

#13 7 years ago

Looks good!

#14 7 years ago

Thanks for the update Spraynard. I'm going to have to order a set of these for my Swords of Fury and finally get this table put back together.

#15 7 years ago

I bought the nonlaminated for mine from Marcos and found the same with the white ink being not as opaque. I cleared mine after though. I wish I never sold that game

#16 7 years ago

I installed several of Jeff's laminated insert decals on my SoF. I found them to be of high quality.

#17 7 years ago

Saw it with my own eyes they look great.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside