• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hi all,
I'm looking to pick up a Super Mario Bros. Mushroom World if anyone has one available. I can drive within a few hours to pick it up. Shipping may also be an option if the price is right. I am planning on being at the York show in a few weeks if we can do a deal there.

(or just Super Mario Bros. would be fine. Are they two different games?)

Thanks,
Derek

#2 9 years ago

Mushroom World looks like a fun game, but there aren't many of them out there from what I've read. The games have similar features, but the playfields differ in that Mushroom World has a shorter length than the regular sized SMB game. Mushroom world also has 2 sets of holes in the cabinet so that the game be set up at a lower overall height.

#3 9 years ago

Are they both the "short" one or not? I am looking for the one that sits low to the ground (I think this is Mushroom World but can't remember if Super Mario Bros. fits in this category or not -- it's been a while).

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from dmklunk:

Are they both the "short" one or not? I am looking for the one that sits low to the ground (I think this is Mushroom World but can't remember if Super Mario Bros. fits in this category or not -- it's been a while).

Only Mushroom World fits what youre looking for - I never weighed the thing - but I swore it was heavier or just as heavy as a standard Gottlieb system 3..

This game is a prime example of rare doesnt equal expensive @ 519 units it can be had for under $2000.

Its a cool little game, the game play gets old quick

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

This game is a prime example of rare doesnt equal expensive @ 519 units it can be had for under $2000.
Its a cool little game, the game play gets old quick

I haven't seen them that low recently. The theme finally caught up to it, it seems.

I actually really dig the gameplay - for a short playfield, they packed a whole ton into it. The intelligent drops are great. The one problem is that the game is a little too easy and you can play for just about ever, but if there was a way to get slightly shorter flippers, I think the game would be a total winner. Easily the best 'mini' game to me, above both Safe Cracker and Mini-Viper.

#6 9 years ago

i have both.
the SMBMW (the smaller one) is for sale.
it doesn't work and I don't have time to work on it.
you'd need to be able to fix stuff to be happy with it.
pm me if interested.

cheers

#7 9 years ago

Labnip, I will buy your Mushroom World if OP is not interested!

#8 9 years ago

Labnip, just sent you a PM. Thanks for the heads up.

Derek

#9 9 years ago

hi...

wow got to my inbox and lots of folks with some interest.
i'll post some pix on a thread and put a link here.
just remember, it needs fixin'
will hope to get some pix tomorrow and posted.

i'll try to send replies to all you nice folks in pm too. thanks for your patience, i got a little busy trying to help with a sale of 1977 bally captain fantastic & the brown dirt cowboy from original owner. it's for sale too, and doesn't work either

cheers.

#10 9 years ago

hi, here's the for sale link. thanks for your patience

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-mario-bros-mushroom-world-4-sale

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-mario-bros-mushroom-world-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.