Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,108 posts
  • 429 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Shaker
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sc (resized).jpg
    IMG_0245 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0246 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0244 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0241 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20231121_223429875.jpg
    AIwr.gif
    20230402_121006 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231007_154725659 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0081 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0043 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0042 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0041 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1679 4 years ago

Im thinking real hard about joining this club. To all the people who own one of these i want you to please be be straight up, is bubble hockey really a lot of fun and do you recommend buying one? I wont lie, I’ve never played one but they are beautiful and they look like they could be lots of fun. Are they fun with two people? More fun with four people? Right now im sick of all the playfield issues in pinball and im thinking this might be a cool addition to my game room, but i only want it if its fun and if it will get played and enjoyed by me and my guest.

#1686 4 years ago

Thanks for all of your responses guys. It's going to be a little while before I can get one but I am 99% sure that this is my next big purchase and I'm pretty excited about it.

I'm not a hockey fan so I gotta figure out which teams that I want if I dont go with the miracle on ice version but that's no biggie there. I don't think that I will go with my home team the Columbus Blue Jackets though. For some reason I'm thinking that may not be too cool? I'm thinking maybe the Penguins and the NJ Devils maybe?

Very excited though as I think it will be lots of fun and they are just beautiful looking also.

#1688 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm not a hockey fan either so I just went with the Miracle on Ice version.....we have foosball, which the kids enjoy, but super chexx is on a different level. Foosball table just sits there now

I think Foosball is cool but for whatever reason I could just never get good at it. The Super Kixx looks sweet also but man the price on that thing is just too much!

#1693 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm with ya...Pull the trigger on that Super Chexx Pro....the Miracle version with the cups, and LED's is awesome....

I may go with the Miracle on ice version, cant decide really. The pro players seem to be painted up a little bit better maybe? I noticed their faces are painted where the other players have white faces. Not a big deal really I don't guess. So the LED lights on the outside of the game are a nice option to have are they?

#1695 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Their kinda cool....wish they interacted with the game....I figure for $200 why not give it a shot....shit it costs $150 + shipping for a stupid shaker on my CGC games.

Lol that's true. The cup holders are a must, gotta have a place to put your beer!

1 week later
    #1709 4 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Next rev of the cup holder for those who were interested. Upgraded the material, made it stronger, added some text. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I get the feeling that there could be lots of beer drinking going on when a group of friends get together playing Super Chexx.

1 week later
    #1713 4 years ago
    Quoted from daveddd14:

Is there anywhere on PS or online that gives estimated values for Chexx/SuperChexx etc? I know they will vary due to age, condition, location, and seller. I am just curious.
    Dave

I am new to the Super Chexx thing and know nothing but I would think that the guys in this thread could help for sure. Most people are seem to be very knowledgeable about them.

#1720 4 years ago

I dont really have a favorite hockey team so I'm having trouble deciding on teams. I do however like the looks of the miracle on ice version. Just wondering what your guys thoughts are on that version?

Also I think I'm going to go with the split base. I assume that you can see a crack where the base is split, especially with the red base. Just curious how noticeable that is and does it look like crap? Dumb questions I know but I'm close to pulling the trigger on one of these and I want to do the right things. Thanks.

#1722 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

According to their specs you would only need a split base for doorways less than 32”

I think I'd probably be ok with a regular base because my doors are considered to be 32" doors (I think?) but if you measure the inside of my door frames they are like 31" inches so that's what concerns me. What do you think?

#1724 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

If you turn the base sideways and use the curved sides to your advantage, you would easily clear that 31” door frame measurement.
    That said, if you have a choice between solid and split base, I suggest the split base. One never knows where one might move, or which room it might need to go in.

So the split isnt that noticable on the split base? I just dont want a bug ugly ass seem going down the middle and I want it to be good and solid like the regular base. I assume it is but just making sure.

#1727 4 years ago
    Quoted from MLmotorsport:

I have a red split base and the seam is not an issue. Basically invisible unless you get down low and up close. Even then at worst it looks like a very thin casting mark.[quoted image]

I cant even see a seam at all on my phone so it must not be bad at all. Thanks for the reply and the picture.

#1729 4 years ago
    Quoted from neverahighscore:

So I had a 28" door and was able to get the regular base thru. I didn't want the split base. You can remove the top from the base which is easy then get the base right thru the door on its side. Worked great and no issues.

What do you mean remove the top from the base, isnt the base all one piece?

#1731 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

He’s referring to the bubble part. The whole game is basically two parts. The base and the playfield/bubble

Oh ok gotcha. I kinda figured that's what he meant but wanted to make sure.

#1735 4 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

For those who were interested in red...[quoted image][quoted image]

Those look really nice. Are they plastic or metal? You did an amazing job on those for real.

#1748 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spelly88:

Hey all... I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a new one of these and had a quick question. My basement doorway is 30" from door to inside frame. Will the standard base be able to be maneuvered through without taking off the basement door, or should I go with the split base to be safe? Just wondering if anyone has any experience with a similar measurement.
    Thanks!

I would go with the split base just to be safe and also they are supposed to be putting up one year same as cash financing this week sometime. They have the Pay Pal 6 months same as cash option right now. Just thought I would throw that out there in case it helps you any.

Which game are you going to get? I think I'm going to get the Miracle on ice version.

#1756 4 years ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

Where did you hear about the 1 year same as cash?

By talking to the people in sales where they make the games. I just talked to Lindsey this afternoon actually and she said that she was told that it is supposed to be available starting tomorrow.

#1762 4 years ago
    Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Anyone know why the collegiate version starts at a significantly higher price, $4,495, than the rest of the versions on Ice's website? Winter Classic is next highest at $3,795.

I was wondering the same thing. Is that not ridiculous or what? On a side note, I have started watching hockey a little bit since I've gotten interested in the bubble hockey thing and NHL 20 on the PS4 and holy crap hockey is an awesome sport. Those guys get after it, much more exciting than today's NFL. I never thought i would ever hear myself say those words in a million years.

#1767 4 years ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

Go and catch a game live if you can. Nothing like playoff hockey.

I have been to a ECHL game which I know is nowhere near the same as NHL games. I did look into tickets for the Blue Jackets and I almost fainted at the ticket prices. They are like 48 dollars up to 430 dollars. Are seats generally decent in the upper level? If not I will probably never get to attend a NHL game. The middle section tickets are like 150 each I think but then I think you also have to tack on about 30 bucks each ticket for fees. It seems to be extremely expensive.

#1770 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Upper seats are not that bad actually, especially if you are not at the ends. You can see the plays being setup and have a good view of the entire ice. I’ve sat pretty much everywhere and I personally can’t stand sitting close to the boards on the floor and they are the most expensive seats. You can’t see shit if the action is on your side of the ice. I’d say go for it and get upper decks seats for your first game. Hockey arenas are not that big so you are never really that far away for viewing

Cool thanks, I may be giving that a try. I watched yesterday's game and it went into overtime and then they had the shoot out. That was a great game..I still dont understand the rules totally and it's hard to see the puck on TV sometimes but dang that was pretty fun to watch. I think my team (Blue Jackets) kinda suck though maybe.

#1783 4 years ago

Just ordered my new Miracle on Ice Super Chexx Pro! Its suppose to be 2-3 weeks waiting period.......thats pure torture there now! For anyone interested they finally have the one year same as cash financing offer up on their website.

All i can say is BRING HOME THE DOME BOYS!

#1785 4 years ago

Thanks JayDee, I'm very excited about it. That damn Multiballmaniac guy talked me into getting one. Hes a bad influence!

#1787 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

I know you had your mind made up awhile ago that you were getting this thing. I was more curious to see which theme you were finally going to go with.

i am just getting into hockey and i don’t really have a favorite team so i chose the miracle on ice. My favorite team would probably be the Blue Jackets but i know they are kind of meh in the hockey world so i just went with what kept getting my attention which was miracle on ice. I don't think me or my friends will care too much anyway once we start playing the game and if i ever decided to sell the game i think this theme would sell easily. Also trying to decide on which teams i wanted was driving my OCD crazy so i just said screw it, miracle on ice it is!

#1791 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Yup blame me.[quoted image]

Yes 1000%. You ruined my life.

1 week later
    #1807 4 years ago

I am approximately a week away from getting my new Super Chexx and the wait is killing me but I was just wondering if you guys had any game setting tips for me like how long to set the period lengths or anything like that.

Also one other thing, are there any things that a player could do that is considered forbidden or cheating? Seems like I remember someone saying that they hated it when players shake the game or something like that, I cant really remember what it was now that they were talking about. Basically is there anything that a player can do that would make you say.....no no no, not allowed!

#1808 4 years ago

I just read up on some of the rules and they are calling shaking the game popcorning lol. I can see a bunch of 50-60 year old drunks right now yelling at each other saying "HEY MF NO POPCORNING!!" lmao

#1810 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rhauf0:

In my house, on the faceoff, if the puck goes directly to someones center, we pass it to the outside versus taking a cheap goal.

Good idea. I should get mine by the end of the week I'm thinking. I cant wait to get super excited.

#1818 4 years ago
    Quoted from Oaken:

Just don’t slap the dome. Smudges and scratches are not cool.

does the dome scratch easily?

#1820 4 years ago
    Quoted from Oaken:

In my experience, fingernails from say an eager 6 yr old can produce minor scratches that can be buffed out.
    Demonstrative uncle hitting it with the pointy end of his class ring on the other hand...
    Of course I am the only one that really notices or so my wife says.
    The smudges though...everyone notices those.

How about someone getting mad because they lost and throwing a beer can at it?

#1823 4 years ago

My game just shipped out today, now the wait.........

#1827 4 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

You'll have to post pics when you get it in. Did you get the led light option for underneath? I haven't seen anyone have that yet, although it sounds like it can also be added later.

I did get the LED option. PtownPin sent me a video and it looks pretty cool. Not a must have or anything but i just figured worse case scenario Is if i dont like them i could turn them off. Definitely not a must have but they may look nice and light the room up and give it some color.

#1829 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

How many more sleeps before you’re living life inside the bubble? Actually you’re probably counting the minutes by now

Estimated delivery is December 10th so yes im definitely counting the days. Not getting much sleep at the moment but its not because of the Bubble hockey game coming, its because my cat had to have 9 teeth pulled yesterday and she is doing quite a bit of screaming and squalling. Thats just wondeful when you’re trying to work third shift.

#1830 4 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

What if Super Chexx outsourced their playfield production to Stern?
    All jokes in poor taste aside. I'm jealous. I want one so bad but I'd have to let go of my Tornado table (space constraints) & I just can't seem to come to terms with that.
    Yet here I am. Stalking this page & dreaming about bubble hockey. I need help.

If the ice on my playfield starts chipping im going to be pissed!

What the heck is a tornado table PW?

#1832 4 years ago

Oh ok cool. Well if he sucks as bad as I do at foosball it would be an easy choice for him. I always wanted to learn how to play foosball but just never could get good at it.

Seems like some people like bubble hockey more and some like foosball more. I am taking a big risk because I have never played bubble hockey. I have watched tons of videos on it though and I think they are gorgeous to look at and I wanted to add some variety to my gameroom so i am pretty sure that I'm going to like it alot, i can just feel it. I've also talked to several people who own a Super Chexx that i trust their opinion and everybody that owns or has played one loves them.

Once I get it set up and have played a few games I will give my honest opinion of it good or bad.

#1834 4 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Old pic but it'l do
    [quoted image]

Wow...sweet gameroom PW. Let me ask you this, do you have people come over and play foosball alot?

#1839 4 years ago
    Quoted from GRB1959:

Bubble hockey is a great game. My generation grew up playing the small rod hockey tables with the flat metal players, but the concept is the same as bubble hockey where you can pass the puck from the wings to your center and have the center quickly put a shot on goal.
    The USA vs. USSR Miracle on Ice version (I have this version) is timeless. Enjoy your new purchase.
    Gord
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Thanks for pictures Gord. Everytime i see a picture of the Miracle on Ice version it makes me realize that i made a good choice because it looks so good. The Miracle on Ice version is the very first one that they made isnt it?

#1840 4 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm surprised there isn't an official riser for these, yet. They kill my back after playing a few games.

This concerns me as well because ive heard a lot of people say this. I dont think it will be a problem for me because im only like 5’ 7” but i have some tall friends, one being 6’ 7” and they really do have back problems. I hope they can play it without it killing their backs too bad but it sounds like it might be a problem for them.

#1843 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

It's super easy to build and paint something that would be unnoticeable as an add on. My problem (reason I haven't bought one yet) is that I'm trying to design a WHOLE base that looks like furniture that the entire bubble/playfield will sit on. It will fit the décor of my gameroom/house much nicer than a colored plastic base. Yeah, I'm a little bit of a perfectionist.

Nothing wrong with that at all. Pretty cool idea actually and would look good I bet.

#1844 4 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Must be Miracle on Ice. There's no other option.
    The 80s.
    A simple time.
    Watch Red Dawn & War Games then listen to Regan shit on Gorbachev.
    The again the STL got dat cup last year. Finally. We were the Cubs of hockey.
    But, the video clips do not change with the teams chosen. Sorta makes me think a plane one is fine.
    Grrrrr

The 80's were not simple PW. You had to try to juggle your work schedule with wild women and partying 7 days a week. It was hard times brother let me tell you! Lots of sleepless nights.

#1850 4 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

I could send you a couple of my cup holders for free if you use me as a referral. That's the only current discount I'm aware of though. The $150 one expired at the end of September and probably won't come back again until then (when the game will probably be $150 more expensive anyways).

I would like to just say that Taylor's referral link is legit and his cup holders are really nice. He has a really nice website that he has put together about bubble hockey and pinball etc so anyone who is thinking about getting a new Super Chexx should use his link and help out a fellow Pinsider.

#1852 4 years ago
    Quoted from GRB1959:

Hmm, I am not sure that I understand your question regarding the 'Miracle On Ice' version being the very first one that they made. Are you asking if this is the very first version of Chexx/Super Chexx that was created by ICE? I don't really know very much about the history of ICE and the chronology of the hockey themes for their bubble hockey games. Sorry
    Gord

Yes that's what I was wondering, if the miracle on ice version was the first theme that they made? Or was it just a red team vs a Blue team?

#1854 4 years ago

Chexx was the first version, blue base and blue top. USA vs Russia. Not labeled Miracle on Ice until the last generation of Super Chexx. Some Chexx also had Canada as a team.

When did they start doing the NHL teams? That was a great idea also.

#1856 4 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

fyi, I saw some ad that they're including an extra NHL team with that version right now through Dec 31st.

That's a nice little bonus.

#1858 4 years ago

NHL was around same time as Miracle in Ice and the last generation of Super Chexx. They also offered AHL teams around 2012. Full base decal packages and teams, just like what comes with current NHL packages.

It would be interesting to know how many of these games that they sell a year. I know of one in my area but it is wore out and dirty as heck. Doesnt seem like they would sell many of them but I'm sure there are certain areas of the country where they sell alot of them. I think they might build other types of games also there. I should have mine Tuesday the way that it's looking, cant wait.

#1860 4 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Their affiliate page says that they've sold 40k total over the 35+ years. So a pretty decent amount but I would guess that a lot of those aren't even around anymore. Sounds like they average about 1000 a year sold, though I wouldn't be surprised if that number is currently higher with the new LCD they added.

If a 1000 per year is accurate that's pretty dang good. That would be enough to keep them really busy. If I had a bar or restaurant etc I would definitely put one of these in. I would think it would pay for itself pretty easy and be mostly maintenance free. How long ago did they start putting the LCD screens in?

#1862 4 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

As a guy in St. Louis I’m thinking of grabbing a Blues Bruins Stanley Cup one, is direct the best place to order?

Yes definitely. Bringhomethedome.com

#1866 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

More general site:
    www.icegame.com
    click on the Bubble Hockey link.How do you get by the "But Now Pay Over Time" ad. Never saw that before...Just click on a product before the ad appears. Yikes that's annoying.

The affirm ad doesnt effect me when I go to the page at all. Thats a great thing though because its one year same as cash.

#1867 4 years ago

Got my game yesterday and it is absolutely beautiful. Me and my buddy put it together and fired it up and I think we.played the most boring and slowest bubble hockey match ever lol. Man did we suck lol. It's not fun when you suck that bad. The good news is you start improving quickly and once you do it is a total blast.

I really love this thing and I can tell already that it was a great purchase..I cant wait to get a group of friends over and really get some good matches going, it's going to be awesome. Took a fee pics before work that arent very good. I'll take more later. Oh yeah and this game is freakin HUGE lol. Holy crap does it take up some space in my little basement.

20191212_132629 (resized).jpg20191212_132629 (resized).jpg20191212_132757 (resized).jpg20191212_132757 (resized).jpg20191212_132718 (resized).jpg20191212_132718 (resized).jpg20191212_132749 (resized).jpg20191212_132749 (resized).jpg20191212_132502 (resized).jpg20191212_132502 (resized).jpg20191212_132624 (resized).jpg20191212_132624 (resized).jpg
    #1877 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Very nice! One question,do the LEDs do anything during game play? I'll be ordering my game in the next few weeks,and I'm still on the fence about adding the LEDs.
    Good luck with your new game.

No they dont do anything during gameplay but they do look pretty nice. I really like how they installed them on the game also, very nicely done. The LED add on certainly isn't a must have by any means but they look nice and I'm glad that i got them. If you have kids i think that they would probably love them as well. They really brighten the room up and i would say that they turn seven or eight different colors probably.

#1878 4 years ago

How often do you guys wipe your playfields down with Lemon Pledge? Haven’t found any chipping on the Playfield yet PW79 but the way that puck flies around there im sure that its just a matter of time.

#1883 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Congrats on the game! But I couldn’t help but notice, are you watching some sort of stiga table hockey tournament on the tv?
    That looks like something you would see on ESPN 8, the ocho!

Not sure what that was really. I was watching the set up video on youtube and it just kept playing other videos automatically after the set up video. I did notice one video where these Japanese guys I believe it was were playing some kind of a small rod hockey game and the rods were really teeny tiny and very flimsy almost like a little toy would be. I dont know how they even grabbed ahold of them.

#1884 4 years ago

Thanks for all the tips guys. What about spray away glass cleaner on the dome? It has no ammonia in it. Would that be ok or should i just use novus 1? I also have some Plexus that i used to use on my motorcycle windshields, that may work good also?

#1891 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

You talked me into it,I don't have any kids,but there's still a big kid inside me.

I really struggled about the LED light kit because 200 bucks isnt anything to sneeze at but I saw pics of Ptowns game and thought they looked nice and just said heck with it im already spending this much so I'll just get the light kit as well. I figured the worse thing that could happen is I dont like them and I would waste 200 bucks and turn them off. I've wasted 200 dollars on dumber things than that i can promise you that much.

If you use the affirm credit on their site you can get one year same as cash also so don't forget that. I really like my game and dont regret buying it at all. Its absolutely gorgeous and a lot of fun. I cant imagine how much fun this thing is going to be when I get better at it. Right now I suck pretty bad but it's still fun. Its going to be lots of fun when I have friends over to play too, hopefully it will become a regular thing.

#1892 4 years ago

Installed the Hockey Time cup holders. Great mod!!!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Taylor's cup holder really are nice and you dont have to worry about someone walking into the ones that you put on the side of the game and ripping them off and tearing your game up.

#1895 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I just ran into my first problem with my super chexx....typically after somebody scores a goal theres a delay prior to the puck being ejected into the game. For some reason mine is happening immediately, which is very annoying. Not sure if theres a switch or an opto in there, but something wrong. I'll have to call Ice on Monday

That sucks, sorry to hear that. I'm sure it's nothing big probably. That's weird though.

#1896 4 years ago

Just installed Taylor's cup holders on my game too, looks great I think!

20191213_225905 (resized).jpg20191213_225905 (resized).jpg20191213_230009 (resized).jpg20191213_230009 (resized).jpg
    #1898 4 years ago

I noticed one of my tracks is getting a little burred up and I was just wondering if that is normal? It's not a big deal but i was just curious why that is happening? This isnt a great picture but it'll give you an idea what I'm talking about.
    20191213_233741 (resized).jpg20191213_233741 (resized).jpg

#1901 4 years ago
    Quoted from Oaken:

For what it’s worth, a few of my tracks looked like that before a single game was played.

Thanks for the reply. I was just curious if it was normal or not. It's not a big deal really, just wondering why it happened.

#1903 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vikingatheart:

Green and white: Not sure if someone already answered this but I just ordered a Super Chexx Pro yesterday and they have a $100 off promo code

Congratulations, now this next three weeks that you are waiting on your game is going to feel like 3 months!

You are going to love it once you get it. When you pull the box off if the bubble and you see that playfield you are going to be like hoooly craaap! All I could do was just sit there and stare at mine for a few seconds thinking about how beautiful it looked.

I'm happy for you and I know you will love it. Which version did you get? Have you ever played bubble hockey before?

#1905 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Any idea how long this code will last? I'm moving January 7,and I'd rather have this shipped to my new house,so I won't have to move it in a couple of weeks.
    Thanks in advance

I bet you could purchase it and they would hold off on the delivery date for you. Call and talk to lindsey about it and i bet she will work with you. Tou dont want to move this big bastard twice trust me.

#1909 4 years ago

Thanks. I ordered Minnesota Wild vs. AZ Coyotes, Super Chexx Pro, Black Base, non-coin-op, non-split-base. I’m going to have Chexxmods.com do custom ice and custom boards to resemble the local Excel Energy ice.
    Unlike most folks on here I’ve never played, but my teenage boys talk about bubble hockey non-stop

You guys going to love it then. Only thing that I recommend is to get the split base unless you have really wide doors because the base is humongous.

#1911 4 years ago

Thanks but it’s going in our lower level/walk-out basement so we should be okay since it’s a patio-type sliding door

Yeah you will be good as long as its over 32 inches i think. My doorways were questionable though and i almost didnt go with the split base but as soon as i opened the box and seen how big it is i was glad that i did because i think i would have been screwed if i hadn’t

#1922 4 years ago

Played my super Chexx today against my brother-in-law. He won 3-2 in a 5 game series. Good time.

Damn you suck man!

#1934 4 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

Just to be sure I'm getting the right one I paid 2750 for mine shipped. I am getting the newer style one with the LCD screen right?

You are getting the standard Super Chexx Pro with the blue and red colored players. The only difference between yours and the others is you have to pay more money to be able to pick your own NHL teams or in my case I got the Miracle on Ice version which costed me 500 more dollars. The standard game is identical to mine though except for the players.

#1936 4 years ago

The standard version is awesome also and I almost went with it myself. When you are playing you will be having so much fun that you wont care who the teams are anyways.

#1952 4 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Damn
    I keep pacing the basement. Trying to find room for a Tornado AND Chexx.
    Love the 80’s Cold War edition. Love the STL Stanley Cup edition, since I’m born/raised STL. Love the classic clean look & attractive price of the standard edition.
    Pinside. A land of enablers.

How big is your basement PW? What's the dimensions?

#1954 4 years ago

I would say foosball is pretty awesome as long as you had like 4 really good players but I think that's going to be hard to find for most people.

I am really having a ton of fun with this new bubble hockey. I suck really bad but I can feel myself getting better and I'm also starting to understand how to hit the puck straighter and more accurately. Hopefully passing and shooting combos will come in time.

I guess the bottom line is that bubble hockey is a game where a skilled player is going to have a definite advantage over an unskilled player I would imagine but it's also a game where unskilled players can still have a lot of fun. Foosball.....not so much I would say. I always wanted to be good at foosball but for whatever reason I just couldn't get the hang if it.

Also I think if you have unevenly matched players in bubble hockey the lesser skilled player will still have fun but in foosball it kinda sucks getting slaughtered by a good player. I can already tell that this Super Chexx is going to be a great purchase. The only downside to it is when you don't have someone to play with you cant play it but it sure is pretty to look at even when it's just sitting there. It's a great addition to any gameroom and it gives you some variety other than pinball which is nice also.

#1957 4 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

Crappy pinball play fields landed me in this thread. The kids love bubble hockey when we find one in the wild. Thanks for starting this thread.

Same thing with me and Multiballmaniac too. We both had money for new Stern games but bought a Super Chexx instead and quite frankly neither one of us could be happier. Bubble hockey rocks!

#1967 4 years ago

Your Super Chexx is going to make an already great gameroom greater! Now if we could just get PW on board we'd be good!

#1970 4 years ago
    Quoted from daveddd14:

They are offering the free 3rd team again along with no interest financing......

Getting a free team and one year interest free financing is pretty hard to beat if you ask me. The 0% for one year really enticed me to pull the trigger. I love using other peoples money for a year.

#1974 4 years ago

Is there a code for the free team? I see that they're offering one for $115, but did not see the free part...

I would think it would just be part the deal. Im not sure if that deal is even going on, but someone said that it was so i just assumed that it was. I would just call and ask them and see what they say.

#1981 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Does this offer apply to standard games too?

I would think so. Act like you are ordering the game and see what happens. You dont have to hit the buy button until you want to actually buy it.

#1993 4 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

How. Much longer do you think I have to order the Stanley Cup Blues Bruins edition?

Not really sure but just give them a call and they will tell you probably. They are nice people and don't forget you can bet one year same as cash right now through affirm financing.

#1994 4 years ago

I had a player come loose from the gear box last night and man that was a pain in the ass to fix. Those players are a MF to get loose from the playfield and three of them came loose with the plastic washers still attached and actually put a small crack in my ice. Pissed me off big time but you cant see it so i guess it will be ok. Also the little screw on the collar closest to the gear box is nearly impossible to loosen and tighten, that was aggravating also. I tightened up All of the other collars in the game because they were a little loose so hopefully it will be ok now. I know the game takes a beating but i hope those screws don't make a habit of coming loose all the time.

On a positive note though I love the game a lot and its a total blast to play. Its every bit as fun as pinball if not more.

#2001 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Super Chexx coming to the Iceman's house soon!
    Played the cheapo version growing up with my brother. Had some competitive battles! Canadians vs. Maple Leafs. Got pretty good at it. Let's see if any muscle memory is left from way back.
    Ice had to have a hockey game right?

Congratulations Doug, you are going to love it!

#2003 4 years ago
    Quoted from SNES:

5 hour round trip and I officially joined the club today![quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats, looks like a nice one!

#2007 4 years ago

So just out of curiosity, I had an issue where one of my rods cam loose and I had to pull the players up off of the playfield which was a pain in the butt and then had to get in there and connect the rod back to the gearbox. I was just wondering if something like that is common and how much maintenance there is to do on these games? My game only had about 30 games on it when that happened.

Do the metal couplings come loose periodically?

#2014 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rhauf0:

It should be inside the metal track, resting on the top of the gear.

Yes they are on top of the gear and inside the metal track. Three of the plastic washers actually bent and pulled through the metal track.....in return unfortunately putting a couple of cracks in my ice. Then to get them off of the players I had to stick it inside the track again and yank them off of the players.

I'm telling you that some of them was so hard to pull out that I wasnt sure if I was going to be able to get them out. It sure seems like there would be a better way to to get the players in and out of the game because the way it is right now is totally ridiculous. The only good news is that it does seem like it is easy to work on once you get the game tore apart.

#2025 4 years ago

How old is your game? Your comment about how hard the guys are to get off has me thinking...
    I just ordered a new Super Chexx Pro a couple weeks ago and am having the Chexxmods guys do custom ice for me.
    If it’s going to be a huge pain to pull all the guys off to switch out the ice (?), I may ask if they can ship the new unit without the guys attached.
    Any feedback from other users on how hard it will be for me to switch out the ice when I get it?

My game is brand new and it is a bitch getting the players out of the game, at least for the first time. I'm not sure how it will be the next time.

#2026 4 years ago
    Quoted from marcus0202:

It's not that difficult to remove or reattach players. Be mindful of the clear player gaskets when reattaching.

Was your game new when you removed them for the first time? I'm here to tell you that I had to pull with all of my might to get the players off. I would say its pretty damn difficult to remove the players, at least on a new game it is.

#2028 4 years ago

It seems like they made the newer plastic washers thicker than older washers. I had two of the washers pull straight up with the player and through the playfield slot. Had to cut one of the washers to get it off of the player post.

I had 3 of them where the washer came up and stayed stuck on my players and in return put two small cracks in my ice unfortunately. You cant really see them but I'm not too happy about it. I can see right now that its probably a good idea to buy some spare parts. I could not believe how hard it was to get my players loose from the playfield.

#2035 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I'm getting a standard game.If I wasn't so cheap,I'd order the Flyers versus the Penguins for my new game. My son in law hates the Penguins and he said he wouldn't play if he had to be the Penquins. I'm going to surprise him and where a Penguins jersey when we play.

Theres nothing wrong with the standard game at all and you will save yourself about five or six hundred dollars. It plays exactly the same as all the other games and when you are playing you will care less if you are the Penguins vs the Flyers or the red or blue team. Congrats!

#2041 4 years ago

So if I’m going to have to pull out all the players once I get the new game, would it be easy to just cut each of the washers and replace them with new ones?
    I haven’t had a Super Chexx before so I’m trying to picture what you’re describing. It sounds like you’re trying to get the players off without the circular washer below them coming up and damaging the ice, right?
    Based on this thread I asked if they could ship it without the guys attached - since I’m going to be swapping the ice out right away - but they said they can’t.

The washer sits on top of the gearbox "under" a metal rail or channel. What is suppose to happen is when you pull the player off of the playfield that washer is being held in place by the metal channel or whatever (I dont know what to call it) that holds it and the gearbox in place, but the plastic washers sometimes will bend and come out of that channel.

You are pulling on the player with such force trying to get them to break loose that once it breaks loose the player which has the washer still attached to the shaft comes up through the metal channel and then hits the bottom of the ice. The problem is this happens really fast because you are pulling on the player with all your might pretty much and once it breaks loose it's hard to stop it from doing damage because you are pulling so hard on the player.

Me personally knowing what I do now, I would just enjoy your game and not worry about getting a custom ice done. Another thing you could do would be to order a new ice and ship that to the place that customizes it.

#2044 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I don't own a super chexx yet,but is there enough space to fit a small pry bar under the player to pry the player out of the gear box? Maybe you could place a thin piece of metal on the ice,to protect it, while you are prying the player up. Id also put a little tape on the prybar so you don't scratch the player.
    I have no idea how much space is between the player and the ice,so this idea might not even work,just a thought.
    I have a five inch prybar that I use for lifting small pieces of trim.[quoted image]

No you wouldnt want to do that for sure. Also u have to pull straight up on the player and that there would pull him out at an angle.

#2046 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I'd try the flatend of the prybar,I agree that the goose neck end might pry it on an angle. Once it budges,it might be set free to pull with your hand? Once I get my game,I'll give it a shot,if needed.

I would just be afraid that I would put too much pressure on the ice and break it. New ice is 150 dollars plus shipping.

#2048 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Is there any suggestions for ordering extra parts when I order my new game? It looks like extra washers would be a good idea.
    Thanks in advance

You can order every single piece to the game on their website but sometimes they dont make it easy to find them all. You can order single players down to any screw that is used on the game. Sometimes you just have to search for it different ways like "cheapest first" or "most expensive " etc but it's all there trust me.

I ordered like 20 of the plastic washers, a couple of gearboxes and just miscellaneous stuff that i may or may not ever use. I'm gonna stock up on some stuff though with the idea if something breaks I can have it fixed in a few minutes in case there's people over wanting to play.

#2050 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Good point,I have 1/16 stainless steel plates that I would lay on the ice to spread the load,and take the pressure off of the ice.
    You're probably right, since I don't have a game to look at ,and maybe this is a bad idea?
    I'll be ordering my game January 7th!

It may work, I'm definitely not saying that it wont. Heck I hope that it does because these players are a bitch to pull out.

#2053 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

My nephew just got his super chexx yesterday,and he said he'd be afraid to use a pry bar. I'll probably feel the same way,once I see a super chexx table. He said his players were hitting the ice,so he had to pull them out,and bend them so they didn't hit the ice. He also had to fix the ice where the puck shoots out,because it was hitting the ice.This could have happened during shipment,but the players rubbing on the ice,just seems like the QC people don't even exist?
    Their Quality Control doesn't instill a lot of confidence,and I'm starting to think ,maybe I should get a Tornado Foosball table instead?

I have several players who's sticks scrape the ice a little bit also. I just kind of figured that was normal?

#2055 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I think he said the manual said to pull on the player and bend it so it doesn't rub. I'll double check with him, just to be sure I have the information right.

Mine may run in certain areas when you turn the player and in certain areas it's ok. I guess the ice maybe isnt perfectly level or something. Doesnt seem to hurt anything and my buddy said his ribs a little bit as well. I do have one player that his stick is a little too high off if the ground and I need to bend him closer to the ice.

#2056 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

maybe an extra puck or two...other than that the game is under warranty for a while, and ICE is pretty good at shipping out parts.....I would wait as u may not need any parts

I never even thought about the game being under warranty when I ordered mynsoare parts. Now you tell me!

#2058 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Maybe you can hit him with a hammer,to get him closer to the ice

Rubber mallet so i dont break him.

#2061 4 years ago

Thanks guys. Sure seems like that would break that gear box doesnt it? I'll give her a try though!

#2063 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I think I was a little harsh with my criticism about the companies QC. My nephew fixed all of the players that were rubbing the ice with a little tweak. He did say he was a little nervous bending the players shaft.
    Now the players are moving real nice,and he's having a blast with his new game.

The players feel really loose even on a brand new game and they say it takes around 20 games for them to break in and loosen up. I didn't think they could loosen up anymore than they already were new but they really do, it's hard to believe. They're so loose now when you spin them that it almost feels like they are too loose.and going to fall apart.

#2065 4 years ago

He must be a awesome boss.

#2067 4 years ago
    Quoted from kaz1961:

How many pieces do these disassemble into? Anyone know the smallest doorway these will fit through?

2 pieces, the top and the base. If your doorway is smaller than 32" they reccomend you go with the split base and I do too because the base is one big SOB.

#2069 4 years ago

Not sure of the year because I'm no bubble hockey expert like some of these guys on here but it's the previous model to the Suoer Chexx Pro. For $1100.00 more dollars you get a brand new game (home version without the coin door) and it will have the 2 miniature jumbo tron scoreboards. Also no maintenance. That game there probably needs alot of work, looks like it's an arcade game.

#2074 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gtk77:

Thanks for the feedback everyone . I’m going to pass on that one.

Offer them 200. Worst thing that can happen is they say no.

#2077 4 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Yikes $1k to fix up, great to know that! ok are there any promo or sales for new? Also, is there only one version for sale? Shots on goal sounds awesome.

There are rarely sales and if there is I think it's only like 100 bucks off or maybe you get an extra team for free or something like that.

There are many different models as but the game itself is all the same. You got the standard version with just the red and blue players, then theres the Miracle on ice version, last years Stannley Cup teams, pick your own teams, a college version etc.

They all vary in price and you can add things like a coin door, cup holders, LED lights, split base or a one piece base and stuff like that. I probably wouldnt get a coin door if you're not going to route it because it's more of a pain in the ass to turn the game on and off. The home version has all of the buttons on the side if the game and its 200 dollars cheaper.

The LED lights are nice if you want it to light your game room up with cool colors but certainly not a necessity. Most people dont get them I dont think. I got them and I like them but I'd be just fine without them also. As long as you have someone to play with I totally reccomend it because this shit is super fun.

#2084 4 years ago

Easy fix. Just a loose rod collar screw or two. Pull the players to get to it, slide the gear box into the rod collar, and tighten the bolts down good. You will need a square head screw driver.

The fix is easy but pulling the stupid players off of the playfield without tearing the ice up is what's a bitch. Mine came loose just like his did. Is it common for this to happen Blitzburg?

#2088 4 years ago
    Quoted from VividPsychosis:

How do I pull the players? Sorry never worked on one of these. Thanks for the help!

Just like this but your players probably are not going to come out this easy. You literally have to pull with all of your might and I hope you are fairly strong. Like Heater said put your non pulling hand on the ice. I cracked my ice in two places but fortunately you cant tell it. Good luck and may the force (literally) be with you. Also maybe stand on a small stool to give yourself more leverage, that helps if you're short like me.

#2091 4 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Yeah, that isn't something I would expect to fall off either. Strange.

I certainly hope that it's not a normal thing because my game wasnt even getting played that rough. If they come loose that easy you would be doing repairs in an arcade once a week I bet easily.

#2094 4 years ago

A couple of comments about that video:
    1) I spray the pledge directly on the rag not the ICE surface as that could get spray into the player mechs in the slots.
    2) While the dome is open, clean the inside as well.

The reason the players are so hard to get out is because the plastic washers are on there so tight. So tight that they are actually bending and pulling through the metal channel which in turn comes up and hits the ice and can damage the ice. My players were on so tight that I had to pull with all of my might to get them off.

#2099 4 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Man with everyone on here seeming to place a new order wonder if they would have cut a deal for a group buy

I doubt it. They dont seem to give to many deals from what I have seen.

#2101 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

To All
    I just placed my order for a Super Chexx Pro Standard Edition.

Congratulations you will love it. What color base did you get with it?

#2103 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I want with the black,it was a tough decision, because the red looks nice too.

Yeah it is tough for sure. I like them both personally. You win either way. How long did they say it would be before you get your game, 3 weeks?

#2106 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Yes ,hopefully we'll be done unpacking by then. All I see is cardboard boxes everywhere. At least the mad rush to get out of my old house is over! I'm tired

Wait until you see the two cardboard boxes your game comes in. You could live inside them.

#2108 4 years ago
    Quoted from Oaken:

We turned them into a camper and a rocket ship. My kiddos slept in the camper for a good two weeks.
    Just converted it to a recycle truck. Honestly, kids love the boxes far more than the bubble hockey

They are huge and well built. I couldn't believe it when the truck driver opened his door and I seek them.

#2110 4 years ago

Had a friend come over last night and we played some bubble hockey and had a blast. I am so glad that i got this crazy thing. It gave my game room alot of variety and made it much more fun. You new guys that are getting ready to take delivery of your games are going to be super glad that you got one, they are so much fun!

#2112 4 years ago

You owe it all to me. Everything I buy you have to copy me. Lol

Oh yeah, you mean like TWD P, AS, and MET games that you went and bought after i bought mine? You’re right though, i would have never got a Super Chexx if it wasn't for you and thats a fact. Thank you!

#2117 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I've never played bubble hockey. We did play the small table versions when I was a kid,and it was a lot of fun. I do have a table version now,that I take to family gatherings,and we always have a lot of fun playing.
    That's why I don't think it was a big gamble for me buying a Super chexx table, having never played one, since I really enjoy playing the table version.

I had never played bubble hockey in my life. When me and my neighbor got it set up we started playing a game and we was so bad at it and so slow my first thoughts was “im not sure if this will be fun or not”, but we quickly started getting better and it became more fun within a few games and now i love it.

#2119 4 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

Is there a way to bulletproof the game before we use it? When you talk of those collars coming loose. Can I just go through and tighten all these attachment points maybe even use some locktite beforehand?
    Either way I'm Super excited. Just don't wanna have my wife look over at me with that look that says and you paid how much for this when it breaks during the first game?

I got in at 4300.

I wouldn't do anything because chances are that's not going to happen to you anyways and even if it does you could just fix it then. I thought about lecture also but truthfully I dont think the blue loctite would hold in a situation like that and you probably wouldnt want to use red loctite for sure.

I doubt that the rod collars loosening up is a common problem anyways. I'm hoping it was just a fluke.

#2121 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Mine is coming next week i hope! Can't wait fellas.

Can't wait until you get it. I'm telling you when you open the box up that the playfield is in it's like a magical experience happens to you. You just kind of stand there and look at it thinking OMG that is beautiful! These games are beautiful to look at like a pinball machine and they're a blast to play also.

The only thing I really adjusted in the settings is I set my period lengths to 1:30 seconds each. I cant remember which setting that is to get 1:30 but I'm thinking it's like #4 maybe? Also you may want to adjust your attract mode frequency..it comes on a little too often from the factory I think. The attract mode is pretty cool though so I wouldnt turn it off completely.

Did you end up getting the LED light kit iceman or did you pass on it? Also did you get the coin door or the home version without the coin door?

#2125 4 years ago

Guys - game arrived yesterday and we love it!!
    One question though... I thought someone commented on this in the thread but I can’t find it.
    When you press the “Boo” button each time you hear the clicking sound as if it’s also trying to eject it every time. Is that normal?

Yes that's normal from what I understand. That's very weird. I never hit mine because of it. Congrats on your new game, glad that you guys ate loving it.

#2130 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hockeey:

Been reading the comments for a while. Thanks for all of the contributions. Decided to go with the USA vs. Canada version. Very pleased, kids love it. Set it up on Christmas Eve, first games on the 25th. The ice surface appeared warped, a bit of a downer. I emailed ICE on 26th, Lindsey & Francois walked me through the fix. I guess in transport, if there are changes in altitude the sheet can get buckled. All you have to do is loosen the bolts, or raise dome and let it rest for 2 hours. Did that and no problems since. Great game, again thanks to all of you for the tips and suggestions. Here's a photo with a USA Hockey banner I found on eBay and a small rug I bought on Amazon to keep it from sliding on hardwood.[quoted image]

Looks awesome congrats!

#2133 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hockeey:

Thanks! You had one of the best tips...thought I could get the solid base. Last minute I got the split base due to your advice...would not have fit through door to my game room, my measurements said it would by tilting. Best hundred ever spent. Also, whoever recommended surge protector for socket...great call.

I guess the standard base will fit through a little tighter doorways than what they say but it's better to be safe than sorry I think. As soon as I seen how big the base is I was like.....uh yeah I'm glad I got the split base lol. That things is HUGE!

#2135 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hockeey:

Yep, when the guy started lowering the pallet I couldn't believe it. Put some Pledge on the ice surface today. So fast, it's like learning the game all over again.

You can clean the bubble with that pledge also. It works great on the bubble believe it or not.

#2139 4 years ago
    Quoted from Galatzky:

Hello everyone! Just wondering if anyone can help me with this bubble hockey. Just bought it off of a customer I did some Work for. Can’t seem to find how old this Canada v Russia version is. Also seems the pick gets jammed sometimes after a goal is scored.scoreboard works great. Also have never seen these metal plates across the goal line and if they are needed?. I apologize if this has been cleared up before, but I’ve always wanted one of these and I jumped on it for a good price. By the condition, I’m going to have to revamp this machine to bring it back to the glory days shape it once was in. If anyone can provide any tips that would be great! Didn’t know where else to turn and can’t seem to find one anywhere online.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Blitzburgh and a few others will be able to jump in and help you. Nice find!

#2145 4 years ago

Had some friends over and we played bubble hockey and they all loved it. Man we knocked the shit out of that puck, what a blast! Super Chexx rocks!!

#2147 4 years ago
    Quoted from Galatzky:

Hello again all. Just wondering if anyone can help with a couple questions. So I picked apart my original chexx. But can’t seem to figure out how to remove the top from the base as I would need to take it in two pieces to fit it in the basement..it’s currently in the garage. Also this is how it looks inside after I took off the playing surface and ramps which I will be replacing along with handle grips . Any recommendations of any other things I should look to replace? Also the key did not come with the machine to open the control box if anyone knows how I can get one or get access to the box a different way? But the most important is trying to figure out how to remove the top as it doesn’t seem like the same set up as the ones I’ve seen online... thanks in advance!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mine just has 4 hex bolts underneath that connects the base to the top but my game is new. Cant imagine the old ones being any different but maybe they are. You might have to drill the lock out to get into the coin door. I wonder if you will find a bunch of money in there?

#2148 4 years ago

Double post

2 weeks later
    #2195 4 years ago

Sure would be nice if iceman would share some pics of his new game with us......cough cough.

#2198 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I hate the game and I'm selling it tomorrow for $500.00

Liar!

#2202 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mwardlow:

Im looking at buying a new super chexx. What upgrades are a must and what is a waste? I was wondering If the led up grade worth the $200? Or should I just by some from amazon and attach them on the underside?

The LED upgrade is definitely not a must but if you like different color lights lighting your room up then you may want to get them. They probably arent worth 200 but the way that they install them is very nice. I just figured that I would get them and if I didnt like them I could turn them off. I do like them so I leave them on but I would be ok without them also. They do light the room up nicely though.

#2206 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Hopefully she gets addicted to bubble hockey

I think she already is.

#2213 4 years ago

If its local just rent a small trailer to haul it on. Just make sure to strap it down.

#2220 4 years ago
    Quoted from obstinox:

Alright, I'm aggressively eyeing buying one of these bad (bubble) boys.
    Currently torn between the regular USA v Canada setup and the 2020 Winter Classic edition.
    I've got dual citizenship, so the classic setup would ring true. Also a diehard Stars fan, went to the Winter Classic, and even though the national ratings weren't there, I can assure you that that game will go down as a significant moment in Dallas sports history.
    So I know the resale value for the classic setup is better on a national scale, but the regional draw for the Winter Classic edition would be undeniable as well.
    WHAT DO I DO?!

Buy the one that you like the most because you are going to have to look at it the rest of your life.

#2225 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hockeey:

Got one of these, it worked very well for me.

Is he selling these?

#2226 4 years ago

Love my super chexx. Just played a couple games with my gf. We both suck but it is still a lot of fun to play. Great purchase for the gameroom!

#2238 4 years ago
    Quoted from obstinox:

This is going to be torture.

You're right, it is.

1 week later
    #2249 4 years ago
    Quoted from obstinox:

Hello again, gents.
    How long did it take for your system to get to you once it had shipped? I’m in Dallas and want to make sure I temper my excitement for this thing.

Its killing you isnt it? We know how you feel grasshopper.

#2254 4 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Finally made a version in white due to someone asking. Wasn’t sure how it was going to turn out but it seems decent.[quoted image]

Looks nice!

1 week later
    #2263 4 years ago
    Quoted from obstinox:

So now that I've played with it a bit, I want to clarify something.
    The Boo/Eject button doesn't even boo. Instead, whichever side presses the button gets a goal added to their score. At first we figured the solve was simply not to press it, but sometimes the puck won't eject on its own, so you have to hit the button to simulate a goal being scored then, after a couple seconds, the puck usually ejects. But then the scores is messed up and the other person has to hit their button to even it out. I don't like it.
    And, upon closer inspection, it looks like the 8-pin ribbon cable was split at some point and glued/zip-tied together. You can kind of get the gist of what I'm talking about in the pic below. This HAS to be the issue, right? And, if so, where would I get a replacement cable?
    Also added serial number info in the event anyone had any more they could tell me about this particular table and what it was likely used for. The number on the circuitry indicates "4898," which I've been told means it was made on the 48th week of 1998. The teams are the Stars vs Bud Light and the scoreboard even says "Stars" instead of "Home."
    Apologies for the diatribe and appreciate any insight![quoted image][quoted image]

I would call Ice. I bet they have the parts that you need.

#2278 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gtk77:

Hey guys, new to the board. Thinking of purchasing a used super chexx game. It’s Islanders vs rangers players. Five of the players have a broken leg. The bubble has some lite scratching on it. It has a coin op that was changed to accept tokens. It was in a bar. He wants 1500 but will take 1200. What do you think?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Probably a good buy on that game but remember you can get a new one with the LCD screen for like 2895.00. The new globe would be around 550 shipped to you, new players are a little over 100 dollars per team and then if the rest if the game needs rebuilt that's time and money also.

Just depends on where you are at financially really. If you need to do it on the cheap maybe get that one but if you have the extra cash I would consider a new one. Even the standard edition for 2895.00 is awesome.

#2280 4 years ago

Someone post some pics of their bubble hockey games and give us a reason to smile in these shitty times we are experiencing. I know there is some new guys here that just got one!

#2282 4 years ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

Not as exciting as a new game or custom painted teams but hopefully this will lift your spirits a bit.
    [quoted image]
    I've got a few made up if anyone is interested: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/93560

That is slick but mine were so hard to pull out of there I wonder if that tool would have trouble breaking the players loose from a new game? I literally had to pull with all my might when I removed my players on my new game.

#2284 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I don't think "The Jaws of Life" could have removed my players! I really thought something was gonna break, when I was trying to remove my players. Hopefully they won't be so hard the next time I have to remove them.
    Super Chexx is a great game,the way the players are attached to the game,not so much.

Same here and I totally agree.

#2287 4 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Man I wish ICE would run a massive promo

If you can afford it and you have someone to play it with you just go for it. They are a lot of fun.

#2292 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fast-Ed:

What’s a bud light super chexx in excellent shape hardly played worth Not sure of the year I bought it from a bush brewery employee who said his work sold it to him and took it out of his paycheck each week he said it was a limited addition around the late 90s early 2000’s model[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Not sure what it's worth but it looks like a beauty! You were lucky to score that.

2 weeks later
    #2302 3 years ago
    Quoted from Matrices13:

There's a Canada/Russia non-Super Chexx available for $1500CDN relatively near me. Thoughts?[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like the dome has some pretty good marks on it and its an older game. For 1500 more dollars and one year same as cash financing i would rather have a brand new one when they open back up, especially if that game has been beat to death in a arcade which it looks like that could be the case. You would have to put a lot of money in that one to make it like new again and a good amount of work so i say just go new.

#2305 3 years ago

That looks good Blitzburgh!

#2318 3 years ago
    Quoted from daveddd14:

Great deal on one on CL in Pittsburgh. Non split base or I would have been all over this!
    pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

That sure looks like a nice one at a good price!

3 weeks later
    #2334 3 years ago
    Quoted from chriz99:

Got my 83 chexx I love this machine!
    Installed some blue LED strips under the dome for floor illumination, designed frosted ice cup holders (only neeed some new screws to tighten it to the base) and next week I will try to polish and sand some deep scratches on the dome. Hope it will come nicely after polishing...
    cheers
    Chris[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That game looks to be in incredible shape for its age. Where did you find this beauty at? Congrats!

#2336 3 years ago
    Quoted from chriz99:

Thanks Who-Dey
    Found it on ebay with only 3400 games on the internal coin/game counter. Love the oldschool sound of the 83er one, reminds me a bit of the track and field arcade sound

That sure is a nice one. Bubble hockey is awedome!

#2341 3 years ago

Looks as good as new!

2 months later
    #2366 3 years ago

Congrats! Your gameroom has lots of great toys in it. If you cant have fun in there you got a problem.

2 weeks later
    #2381 3 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERMAXX:

JUST JOINED THE SUPERCHEXX FAMILY !!!!! AUG-20-2020 ... Brand new out the box directly from ICE ... A dream come true ever since the quick flash of this amazing machine on the first KARATE KID at Golf n Stuff arcade I have wanted one - so I made it happen-couldn’t be happier !!!!!

Congratulations SUPERMAXX, that is beautiful buddy! I dont get to play mine much because you need 2 people and the covid crap etc but I really do love it and I do not regret my purchase at all. They are fun as hell.

#2383 3 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERMAXX:

Thanks guys !!!! I am also looking to add anything sort of unique and cool to my game room - I’ve got golden tee - darts - popcorn and candy machines so far - anyone looking to get rid of anything sweet near or in Connecticut let me know... thanks

Wish I was closer, sounds like the place to be!

#2385 3 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERMAXX:

I’ve had all of the previous hockey tables you guys know - the CARROM - the SHELTI - the BREAKAWAY- the SLAPSHOT - the WHAT THE HELL EVER !!!! and always customized to best abilities taking cues from the SUPERCHEXX .... then I woke up one day in late July 2020 and said to myself .... after talking to the ICE people after they said they only produce 2500-3000 annually and roughly 30,000 all together I pulled the trigger and NEVER looked back .... it’s a piece of art to me ... Picasso can take a back seat !!!

You dont think much about it when you see one in a arcade mainly because they are always dirty and beat up but when I opened the box and seen my new Super Chexx I nearly fainted at how beautiful it was. It looks like a million bucks sitting there in my gameroom and it is top notch quality.

#2387 3 years ago

Welcome to the bubble hockey club. Love mine.
    [quoted image]

I love the way your game looks. You picked two very cool teams.

#2389 3 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Going to be putting a "Players Grade"USA Russia Game up in a few weeks...Works fine, usual scratches etc...$800.
    Its located by Venice/Sarasota Florida...Shoot me a PM. Ill be bundling it with a Bally Wedge Head Add a ball...Hay Ride.
    Both for $1300.

Does it have to be sold as a bundle or can you just buy the Super Chexx for 800?

#2397 3 years ago
    Quoted from hockeymag8:

Boston has been my favorite team..........to hate....hehe
    I am a Canadians fan and loved the Boston v Montreal battles in the 70s.......I will get one of these down the road and likely will be Miricle on Ice or Habs v Boston......these games look awesome!!!!

I got the miracle on ice version and I love it. A Super Chexx is q beautiful addition to your game room and they are loaded of fun.

#2399 3 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Yours still holding up well? How much play time does it get now that the honeymoon phase is over?

I haven't played mine a ton because I dont have anyone to play with unless I have friends over and covid has put a damper on that some but I don't have any reason to believe that it wont hold up because it seems to be very high quality.

You would have to ask someone else about if it continues to be fun after the honeymoon phase but so far everytime i have played mine I have always had a good time. I would be surprised if I ever regret purchasing it.

#2402 3 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

I didn’t mean it wasn’t fun after the honeymoon or implying that you will be bored with it. I was wondering how much action it got. I remember you having to fix something but that was it. Didn’t you get it last winter? I was just wondering how it’s holding up. I’m sure there has been some intense, aggressive games.

I've had mine about 9 months now. There was one of the rod collars that must have not been tightened good from the factory that I had to fix. It had been just fine since I fixed that and yes there has been some pretty rough games played on it lol. My niece's step boys came over one night and man they are very abusive to out it mildly. If they didnt tear it up I'm not too concerned about it. Hate to say it but I wont be inviting those kids back anytime soon. They could tear up a steel ball.

#2405 3 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERMAXX:

Hey super freaks !!!!! Matt here / question about my new home version superchexx ??? Is it better to leave it plugged in all the time even when I’m not using it or just plug it in when I’m playing ??? There’s the buttons on top right side of base for power and sel and vol - If you leave it plugged in there’s 2 little green lights that flash on the computer board ... just wondering??? I thought it would be better to leave it unplugged and to plug in when using then power off and unplug when done ??????

This is a good question and I have wondered the same thing.

#2431 3 years ago
    Quoted from gmanrulz46:

distributor or from ice direct? which is better?

Ice direct all the way. Also talk to Taylor 34 and go through his website link and help a fellow pinhead out a little. He has a great website he has put together for bubble hockey and if you use his link they give him a little bling bling. Taylor34 is a good guy.

#2432 3 years ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

Should I do this right away? I was going to.

You dont have to right away but you could if you wanted, totally up to you but I didn't. I wanted to get it together and play it too bad to spend time doing that.

#2433 3 years ago

Best moment to new purchasers of ICE bubble hockey is when you first open the box to the bubble top and look down at how awesome the thing looks in person.

No truer words have been spoken than this!

#2434 3 years ago

Just cleaned my game up, the dome, players, and playfield etc and I would like to give a small piece of advice to new bubble hockey owners. When you are cleaning on the playfield and you have the dome being held up with the little wire that they give you, please be aware that it can fall really easily and smash your head in HARD and it hurts like hell! Don't ask me how I know this, your welcome in advance.

20200827_192745 (resized).jpg20200827_192745 (resized).jpg20200827_192958 (resized).jpg20200827_192958 (resized).jpg20200827_193022 (resized).jpg20200827_193022 (resized).jpg
    #2438 3 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

He sent me a free pair of cup holders when I ordered from his website.

Me too...I didnt want to say that because I didnt want to put him on the spot or anything but I figured he may so that if anyone used his link.

#2439 3 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERMAXX:

Who-Dey ———- SICK GAME ROOM MY DUDE !!!!!

Thank you SuperMaxx. I also have a MET on the back side of the bubble hockey. My gameroom is small but I'm proud of it and feel very fortunate to have what I got. I worked hard for it and it didnt come easy let me tell you. I dont have a lot of money, I just had a huge passion to build a gameroom and luckily I was able to make it happen.

I had to eat a lot of Spam, soup beans and balogna sandwiches to make it happen.

#2447 3 years ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

I have to stop think about it. I’m losing my mind more and more everyday that passes.

When is soon Taz? Also which version did you get? Sorry you probably said but I forgot. I have CRS.

#2451 3 years ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

Soon would be Next week Tuesday-Friday right after the holiday weekend according to ICE.
    The family out voted me and we went with USA vs CAN (My choice was MOI). I’m still happy and super excited.
    I’m about to order a police escort for the delivery truck to expedite and end my suffering.

Oh yeah I remember now. I cant wait until you get it, I'm excited for you. All versions are awesome so it doesnt matter which one that you get. Smart decision by letting your family pick, that will help keep them interested in it.

#2452 3 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERMAXX:

When you get these boxes be prepared to be amazed when opening— also check boxes make sure no damage done I made truck guy wait until I checked everything cause bottom box with base in it was buckled at bottom .... no issue though .... it’s just that top box has rink in it and is heavier than bottom base box ...
    [quoted image]

Those boxes are bigger than what you anticipated arent they?

We want pictures today sometime after you get it all set up. It comes with instructions but theres a couple of good YouTube videos that are helpful with setting it up. The only problem is they are for setting up older versions than what you have so they may not be exactly the same as your game but they still help. Congratulations and have fun SUPERMAXX!!

#2454 3 years ago

I am pumped for Supermaxx and Taz. It was around September 19th last year when we got ours. Keep us posted.

Its every bit as exciting as getting a new pinball machine if not more.

#2458 3 years ago
    Quoted from mamemaster:

So I'm in the club! - I was able to pick up this HUO one locally less than 10 miles from my house. I had my eye on the new LCD one - but couldn't pull the trigger due to the cost. I found this one for $2200, and felt I got a solid deal. It looks and plays brand new. It also had the split based I needed, and the coin door I wanted. A few times I almost pulled the trigger for almost the same cost on a few that popped up over the last few months that had been routed. Just about all the ones I saw on FaceBook Marketplace needed domes, or new players etc.
    With all that said - I just saw today's announcement on Super Chexx - they're going to release the LCD upgrade for all existing Super Chexx! - didn't see pricing yet - but it says coming soon. My guess is that sales are down due to COVID - and this seems like a smart way to reach all the thousands of existing owners who are sure to upgrade - and they'll rake in millions.
    Anyway - lovin' it!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow what a awesome gameroom and that Super Chexx looks like it is brand new! Great find.

#2460 3 years ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

Now you guys are messing with me...

Lol it's true. When the delivery driver opened the door on his box truck I was like holy shiiiiit those are big boxes! He was like what is this anyway? I told him and he was like oh ok I remember those, how awesome. He said I've never delivered one of these before ever.

#2463 3 years ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

Thought about driving to Buffalo and picking it up in my RAM. It’s only a 3 hr drive from here in the Cleveland OH area. But then I’d get hit with the 9% sales tax. F dat! I’ll just lay in my driveway and wait.

Don't tell them you are from Cleveland because they wont sell to Browns fans I heard.

#2466 3 years ago

I’ve heard that the most astronauts in American space programs have been from Ohio. They say it’s because it is so bad there, when people leave they want to get as far away from Ohio as possible!

This coming from a Stoolers fan that lives in Shittsburgh!

#2469 3 years ago

John Glenn is one I believe...

Neil Armstrong (first man on the moon) used to live pretty close to me and then there was Buzz Aldrin. Cant remember the others but theres been like 20 or so from Ohio. Blitzburgh is probably right though, that's why I want to move to Tennessee!

#2476 3 years ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

When we did the order their website said need a split base for doors under 32”, so I measured the door. We have 32. So I assumed we were good.

I have heard guys on here saying that it will go through a 32" door. I got the split base just to be safe. How wide is your stairway?

#2480 3 years ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

Yes it’s 39” wide stairway to my basement. Door is 32”.

Sounds like you might be ok. Got my fingers crossed for you.

#2488 3 years ago

I am a old hockey fan.

You got the "old" part right!

#2501 3 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERMAXX:

A question for anyone here —- I have brand new machine - anyone have any issues with speakers crackling or anything like that ???

No issues on my end. I would call ice tech support.

#2511 3 years ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

IT’S HERE!! Love it!

That looks fantastic TAZ, congratulations man! Your gameroom looks great also. Love that pop a shot and you got foosball too even. Good times to be had in there!

#2519 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

It would be nice if they could develop this game so 1 or 2 could play.
    If only one player the game would make the moves, and maybe have difficulty settings.
    I really don't think my girlfriend would be interested in playing, or I would love to have one of these.

If you could just have a friend or a few friends come over and play it once a month it's kind of worth it in my opinion. Also you might be surprised how much your gf might enjoy playing bubble hockey. You said she likes pinball right? She may like bubble hockey too. Even if she played a few games a week with you it would be fun.

#2523 3 years ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

Thanks!
    Just finished the basement this summer. The room is slowly growing. Gym done, TV is up, Super Chexx is here and now to working on my NFL mini helmet wall. (Yes, I have all 32 teams)
    The last phot with the lit wall (Right of the TV) is where the helmet wall is going.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Holy cow how big is that TV?? That looks HUGE lol.

#2530 3 years ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

The other thing that’s been happening with my Super Chexx is the puck got stuck a few times in the puck track, didn’t make it all the way down to the ejector. Had to tip the table to get it to move. I really hate to pull the ice this soon. The games is only 3 days old.

Sometimes my puck will get stuck in the goalie net where it falls down under the playfield to return to the center to eject but I've never had it get stuck in the track itself yet. I think Multiballmaniacs picks get stuck occasionally in that track. Might be able to stick something in there like a pipe cleaner to clear out any debris? I bet Blitzburgh will have an answer for you. He doesn't know anything about football but he knows his shit on these Super Chexx games.

#2539 3 years ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

the lemon pledge Zamboni

The Lemon Pledge Zamboni lol. That's classic

#2545 3 years ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

Anyone see this yet??

Shit now I gotta sell mine quickly and get this white base one.....dammit man!

#2550 3 years ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

I don’t think Who-Dey wants to friends tonight. Maybe tomorrow. Go Browns!

Lol no that stuff doesnt bother me anymore since they started all the kneeling crap. I would rather play Bubble Hockey any day than watch The NFL in its current state.

#2557 3 years ago

Haha! Did you see those guys fighting in the stands? The battle of Ohio!!! I think the two of you should plan a home-and-home Chexx series....just no fisticuffs!

Lol I'm getting too old for fisticuffs these days. Heck I do good just to stand all the way through a game of bubble hockey.

#2558 3 years ago

I saw a YouTube video last night and they were saying ICE is going to start making home versions of several games that they make including the Super Chexx bubble hockey game.

They are going to be 3/4 scale and at a cheaper price point but no prices have been set yet. They will have a pop a shot basketball game, skeetball, claw machine, bubble hockey and I'm not sure what all else. I think they said 2 weeks they will be coming out and talking about it. This should be interesting.

#2570 3 years ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

Ended up doing double elimination with 8 players with 1:30 periods . Wish I would have done 1 min periods. It took a long time. Also had last chance puck on.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like a good time TAZ, glad to see that you are enjoying your game. Super Chexx is awesome!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey?tu=who-dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.