Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,114 posts
  • 431 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by GRB1959
  • Topic is favorited by 157 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Super Chexx Service Manual - Page 7.pdf (PDF preview)
    sc (resized).jpg
    IMG_0245 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0246 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0244 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0241 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20231121_223429875.jpg
    AIwr.gif
    20230402_121006 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231007_154725659 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0081 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0043 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0042 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0041 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spelly88.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1743 4 years ago

Hey all... I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a new one of these and had a quick question. My basement doorway is 30" from door to inside frame. Will the standard base be able to be maneuvered through without taking off the basement door, or should I go with the split base to be safe? Just wondering if anyone has any experience with a similar measurement.

Thanks!

#1747 4 years ago

Thanks for the responses... It sounds like I should go with the split base just to be safe... And yes, I'd buy it from the website directly...

One more question about that... Does anyone know if the LED option interacts with the game at all? Just wondering what people think... There wasn't much description on the website...

Thanks!

#1749 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I would go with the split base just to be safe and also they are supposed to be putting up one year same as cash financing this week sometime. They have the Pay Pal 6 months same as cash option right now. Just thought I would throw that out there in case it helps you any.
    Which game are you going to get? I think I'm going to get the Miracle on ice version.

Really leaning towards getting a Flyers (home) vs Penguins (White away) NHL version. I figure my boys would at least understand that one, rather than the MOI or USA-Canada versions. Plus, I could see eventually maybe trying to get the players painted with actual numbers and names if I could find someone to do it...

#1753 4 years ago
    Quoted from mkk629:

You could always customize it so your favorite Pennsylvania team never loses. . .

That's awesome! Did you paint those yourself or have someone do it for you?

1 week later
    #1788 4 years ago

Finally pulled the trigger yesterday! NHL - Flyers (Home) vs. Penguins (White Away) with the Flyers logo. Went with a black split base just to be safe and also got the home version. Really thought about the LED but ultimately decided not to do it. If they interacted with the game, I would have splurged.

Now the waiting...

#1793 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

As a native Pittsburgher, and Penguins fan....I must give due props to the Philly guy who got his game with the Penguins as the visiting team. With a split black base. Well played!

Haha... The only other team I even considered was the Rangers, but that rivalry hasn't been great for a little while now. To me, the Flyers-Penguins rivalry is still one of the best in the NHL. Wasn't a tough choice... Next step will be finding someone to paint the players. Would love to make it more realistic like that...

Now I just need to figure out how to get a "Crosby sucks" chant to play when I hit the boo button...

#1803 4 years ago
    Quoted from Heisenberg:

It took me a while and plenty of times messing up the micro SD card and having to rebuild it again but I managed to change a few of the sound bites. Some of the sound files they had on there I totally deleted because they made no sense at at when the boo button was pushed. I cannot stand the guy singing the USA anthem so I switched it to a Flyers classic. I had the process written down so if I find it I can help you out. Its been a while and it was somewhat involved but I will look into it. I purchased my unit around 2 years ago and I love it. I bought the standard model with a split base. At that time the price was a mere $ 2695 and that's all my wife would allow me to spend on something she just doesn't understand. So I threw a Flyers sticker on the base and put a flag over top and it looks good enough. It took almost 3 months to get it built and delivered so Chexx actually threw in 2 NHL teams at no cost to make up for the long wait time. So naturally I went with the Flyers most recent hated opponent, the Penguins. Like you said, back in my younger days we hated the stinkin' Rangers. But to get my kids into it I picked the Pens. So how did you get Pens in the away white Jersey? Only option I see is black....Anyway check out the video of just a few of the sounds I changed..Go Flyers!!

I wish I could upvote this more than once! Amazing!

I would love that Kate Smith GBA clip as well as the "Lets Go Flyers" organ sounds. I also wouldn't mind a Lauren Hart clip of GBA and/or the anthem.

Would be amazing to replicate most of the Wells Fargo Center sounds as well, although it's supposed to be a "boo" button, not really a "cheer" button right? If you have any instructions on how to change the sounds, please let me know, or point me to a web link. I'd definitely be interesting in playing around with that...

And if I understood your previous post correctly, each boo button plays from the same assortment of clips right? It's not like the Penguins one will play from one section and the Flyers another? That kind of takes a little of the realism away if they wind up booing themselves...

And as for the white jerseys, it was an option on the website. Perhaps it was recently added, but it makes it even more realistic to have the away white jerseys IMO.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spelly88.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey?tu=spelly88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.