Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,114 posts
  • 431 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by GRB1959
  • Topic is favorited by 157 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Super Chexx Service Manual - Page 7.pdf (PDF preview)
    sc (resized).jpg
    IMG_0245 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0246 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0244 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0241 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20231121_223429875.jpg
    AIwr.gif
    20230402_121006 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231007_154725659 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0081 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0043 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0042 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0041 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sirgubster9.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2714 2 years ago

Just picked up an original chexx. It's missing a lot of stuff but I'm still just so excited. Wanted one since I was 13. So my plan is to read through this whole thing but there are 55 pages so might take some time. Was wondering if anyone on here had a pdf copy of the manual for chexx Not super chexx which can be found everywhere. Sorry if it's already posted somewhere in here. Thanks.

#2718 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dr_Chexx:

If anyone needs 83 scoreboard period lights with new bulbs pm me !! I hope to do a trade-in program, where you send me your burned out ones & I send good ones back. I have like 8 scoreboards worth of the period lights, so they are ready to go! If trading in, $15 each. If no trade in, $40 each.
    As you may have found out, these are not simple plug in bulbs. I found the right bulbs to solder in. You cannot buy these from Ice.
    [quoted image]

I have no clue what I am going to need but I assume I Will il need these, but that is a long way off sadly... OK saw one on ebay, but couldn't tell what I was buying. Also saw some random site selling a pdf download version but didn't trust the site. Any pdf version on here or should i wait until I find something on ebay? And ya 83 version so crazy so much fun to look forward to.

1 week later
    #2720 2 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Looking to buy a Super Chexx bubble hockey in the KC area. Had one a couple years ago when the kids were little, now they're older and I want to get one back. Message me if you've got one to sell. Thanks
    EDIT: Found one, turned into unofficial thread as requested
    Pictures of my original CHEXX upgraded to NHL plus LED lighting upgrade details here:
    http://gameroominfo.com/2016/11/07/bubble-hockey-lighting-upgrade/
    I've put up a general bubble hockey guide here:
    http://gameroominfo.com/bubble-hockey-guide/
    Cleaning your bubble hockey:
    http://gameroominfo.com/2016/12/06/clean-chexx-bubble-hockey/
    Common Chexx parts here:
    http://gameroominfo.com/2016/11/30/common-chexx-bubble-hockey-parts/
    Replacing your players here:
    http://gameroominfo.com/2016/11/29/replace-chexx-bubble-hockey-players/
    Removing the ice here:
    http://gameroominfo.com/2017/10/10/removing-ice-chexx-bubble-hockey/
    Replacing a gearbox here:
    http://gameroominfo.com/2017/10/10/replacing-gearbox-chexx-bubble-hockey/
    New Super Chexx Pro:
    http://gameroominfo.com/2017/10/26/super-chexx-pro-bubble-hockey-released/
    How to add names/numbers to your players:
    http://gameroominfo.com/2017/10/17/putting-numbers-names-chexx-bubble-hockey-players/
    Hopefully these help someone out.
    Now selling chexx cup holders as well. Email me at [email protected] if you’re interested in a red, blue, or black pair. See the picture for the colors.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

quoting the very first post!!!! I am doing the exact same thing as you good sir. Have an original Chexx and basically want mine to look sweet like yours without spending a bunch... because I feel like if I wanted to spend a bunch I oculd have just got a newer one right... anywho I saw you painted your original base from dark blue to black, but the base is made out of like a weird hairy plastic, how did you get yours to look so gosh dang clean... did you just spray paint it?

#2724 2 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

I ag

I did just spray paint it. I think I originally tried gloss black and it looked terrible in the spot I tried, then I switched to flat or satin black I think and then it worked much better. Don't ask me why that is, but it's what worked for me. I also spray painted the top white which didn't hold up as well longer term unfortunately...still looks good, just some chipping by the goalie handle.
    If you're looking to save money over a new one, honestly it all depends on what you bought the used one for. I think I spent almost $1k bringing mine back to life, which in hindsight probably wasn't the best idea. I mean I saved $1k over buying a new NHL version of the older scoreboard, but also the value overall would have been higher with the newer model. If they'd ever offer their scoreboard kit for the older original chexx models, then I'd jump on that instantly.

Thanks for getting back to me, ya I was leaning towards satin as well. When you have more shine it shows more flaws which mine will definitely have. I may even try flat, but I like the idea of satin. Ya My fear is once I have done all the stuff I need to do itll cost me more than if I would have bought a much better used one. The new ones are just so darn expensive.... and I kind of like the idea of playing on the one I used to play on as a kid you know. Just the people alone Im already in 300 bucks ha ha. Not looking to resell so im ok with my value not being there just want a super fun one that plays well...so I guess only time will tell. Thanks again. oh and thanks for all your videos and info... Ive read em all and watched em all. Do you have any videos or info on the scoreboard slash wiring going to the scoreboard? like that wrap thats sticks to the bubble that shoots up from under the ice to the score board?

Im basically having to put mine together from scratch... so ya. itll be fun and your videos are great.

1 month later
    #2733 2 years ago

Don't know if this game is going out of favor here in southern california, but the price used to be super high and I felt like I barely saw them up for sale. lately though i have seen them sitting at 1500 to 2000 and being sold at 1000 or 1300, which seems like a crazy good deal to me, but sadly I have mine that I'm working on so I haven't been able to take advantage of this pricing.

#2734 2 years ago

Question about the boards, the standard ones are white with yellow bumper. Mine is missing them; are they just a white sticker? And if they are just a sticker how do they not look horrible from the outside since the bubble is see through? Are they some sort of special two sided sticker?

#2737 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cmjb13:

Dasher board logos look great around the whole game
    ebay.com link: itm[quoted image]

Im torn on this, I was thinking about doing this but with custom advertisements like of all the crap im into, and then I thought ohhhh maybe I could do all the way around on the interior and the exterior, but then I thought it might be a bit over the top.... and then I also thought does it hinder gameplay at all, like is it ever difficult to see the puck or whatever when its up against your glass for instance?

How does your game look like from the outside? are the dasher boards also pretty good when looking through the clear bubble onto the backside of the sticker?

#2738 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Yes, they are a sticker. Make sure you clean the dome really good so they adhere flush. Not sure what magic ICE puts in the glue but they look good from the outside. Be careful installing the yellow plastic pieces. Mount them too high and pucks will get stuck under them. And if you need to pull them to adjust, you risk pulling up the decal. Others may have additional advice

Wonderful advice on the yellow bumpers, didnt even think of that and now I know what to look out for, appreciate it.

1 week later
    #2746 2 years ago

Restoring an 83 chexx and I purchased this gasket and have no idea how it installs. Tried to find any info online and nothing and looked at pictures of other people stuff and can't figure it out. Anyone able to help me... Ps. Retro bright is amazing for whitening up the ice... Seriously night and day and has no effect on the colored lines. Thanks goes out to the one who suggested it on here.

20211116_204902 (resized).jpg20211116_204902 (resized).jpg20211116_204924 (resized).jpg20211116_204924 (resized).jpg

#2750 2 years ago
    Quoted from mIkea:

It lays flat. It is essentially a gasket between the metal body and the dome. It sticks to the perimeter and covers the bolt holes, so you will need to cut out the holes if you’re putting the bolts back in. Cut a V-notch for the corners with the rounded ‘lip’ toward the outside. Hope that makes sense.

that makes a ton of sense and thank you to pinpickle as well. Ok so you cut the inside of the gasket strip and kind of fold it together in order to make the corners; I was confused about that and then I was super confused on trying to figure out where to put it so that the gasket didn't go over the holes but since it is supposed to go over the holes that kind of solves that problem as well.

OK so some sort of glue or adhesive to keep it down on the metal; does it install like right up against the perimeter just a hair away from hanging over the edge? or did you guys use the bubble some how to guide where the gasket should end up being installed? and then does the ICE just lay on top of it?

#2752 2 years ago
    Quoted from mIkea:

I think mine had adhesive attached but double sided tape works as well. Use the bubble as a guide- the rounded lip should be just slightly larger than the dome edges (1/16” or so?) so that the dome lays on the flat part of the gasket. The ice just lays on top, sandwiched between the gasket and the dome. Of course all of this is entirely from memory, so I’ll have to double check tomorrow. Let me know if u need a few pics while I’m at it.

If your going to be around your chexx ya a couple pics would be awesome! OK possible final question, I have some like plastic stickers that are practically bolted on the bubble I tried using goo gone and no luck at all. I was able to use goo gone on all the stickers and adhesive and junk great but these plastic style stickers are on there and I tried using a razor blade and goo gone and scrubbing like crazy and I tried to soak em with a paper towell with goo gone. I can't let them just soak in anything because of there location.... Any help without scratching or ruining the bubble of course. Attached is one that had some peeling spots so I was able to do some damage but there are other ones that have no give at all.
    20211116_204855 (resized).jpg20211116_204855 (resized).jpg

20211118_120515 (resized).jpg20211118_120515 (resized).jpg
    #2753 2 years ago
    Quoted from mIkea:

I think mine had adhesive attached but double sided tape works as well. Use the bubble as a guide- the rounded lip should be just slightly larger than the dome edges (1/16” or so?) so that the dome lays on the flat part of the gasket. The ice just lays on top, sandwiched between the gasket and the dome. Of course all of this is entirely from memory, so I’ll have to double check tomorrow. Let me know if u need a few pics while I’m at it.

Oh double sided tape, great idea and less permenat if I screw up, good call.

#2754 2 years ago

Does anyone know what kind of plastic the dome is made out of? trying to see if I can use just a little bit of acetone or nail polish remover on it.

#2758 2 years ago
    Quoted from mIkea:

Sorry for the delay- have a few pics of the rubber seal finally.[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow first off yours is soooo gosh dang pretty. Second off thank you those are helpful. Third off can you show some overall pics of yours just so I can see if the overall thing looks as good as the few areas I can see... Even the button is sweet. Fourth off acetone and citristrip are both bad ideas which I knew going into it but I tried em anyways. Luckily I didn't go buckwild with it or anything. I now need to learn how to wet sand this thing I think.

#2760 2 years ago
    Quoted from mIkea:

Thanks! I stripped and repainted it black, just to be different and to play off of the Team Canada colours. I used a polishing kit on the paint up to 12000 (yes 12 thousand) grit and I’ll be using that on the dome next. It’s a lot of work but definitely worth it. Dome isn’t really that bad but I made an led light to replace the fluorescent for the scoreboard and it seems to reflect the imperfections much more. Added the famous 3D printed nets, custom painted 3D printed cupholders and player names/numbers, custom Canada and USA boo/eject buttons, covered the dome flanges and bolt holes and made custom rivets to hold it all together. I need to redo the USA team though, so no decals on them yet. My favourite mod though is the lighted riser, it really saves your back having it raised up a few inches.
    A few pics as requested:[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Woooowwwww just so cool. Did you do the cupholders yourself and the mod yourself?
    I just purchase sandpaper up to 5 thousand I think. Didn't even know it went any higher than that. My plan is to sand the bubble with some heavy stuff and then go higher and higher until it's all nice and smooth but we will see if I can pull it off or not. Saw a video of a dude doing it on YouTube so I figured I would give it a try since my bubble is looks pretty bad. Well dude your chexx gives me inspiration. Just so dang cool. Well done and thanks for the pics.

#2762 2 years ago

I would be super careful....once the dome gets messed up, it’s near impossible to correct. Have you tried Novus 1?

so ya acetone was a bad idea and started to eat that plastic rather quickly and STILL didnt remove this one gosh dang plastic sticker thing... i think somebody used epoxy to stick it on or something crazy. Acetone= bad idea which I kind of knew going into it... it was a smaller area on a wall of the bubble so if i cant sand it down to have it look good Ill just put a different sticker over it.

And ya Ive tried all the Novus's and many other options. Works great just not on this gosh dang sticker.

#2767 2 years ago
    Quoted from mIkea:

Appreciate the compliments! It was/is a fun project, and I have a few more ideas and plans as well.
    The cupholders were printed by the same guy that did my player numbers (see my other post above) but he isn’t doing any more for the time being. I believe the files are relatively easy to find if you want to print them yourself, otherwise there are a number of people who are printing and selling these. Airbrush paint wouldn’t stick so I just used Testors model paint on the raised areas.
    If you aren’t satisfied with the decal removal on your dome you can always just cover the damage with ‘boards’ decals. I ran a strip of white vinyl on the flat part of the dome and it does a good job of covering that part up. There are sellers that make custom boards decals as well (with logos and advertising etc.) that would cover any residue left over.

I think I will be covering up the decals with 'board decals', i thought about that as well but also thought wouldnt it be sweet if I got it looking all super clean and clear, but that is starting to be more and more of a dream. so ya this might be the way to go.... now did i also mess up the curve as well working on the flat part... a little bit. Did I find a super sweet video where the guy got the bubble looking amazing YES, but did I stupidly start on the inside of the bubble and realize that most of the equipment doesnt really fit on the inside, also yes.

So now Im hoping some random person offers me up there old bubble because they got super fancy and bought themselves a new one ha ha.

#2779 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dr_Chexx:

Do you believe in miracles?? 83 Chexx sound chips U11 & U12 successfully replicated! I started with these as they are most commonly missing due to operators throwing away so they didn't have to listen to attract sounds. These are not available anywhere else. Limited sets available as these chips are no longer made & hard to source (you don't want to know what I did for them lol). Special pricing for here & our Chexx Facebook group, $75 for the set of 2 plus shipping.
    [quoted image]

so i have an 83 chexx and when you first turn it on it makes like a trumpet or horn type sound and then does nothing. Then when you put a quarter in or start the game it plays the pledge of allegiance. and then the puck pops up. do these make it so that it does something different?

#2785 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dr_Chexx:

So these are the "attract" sounds while the game is NOT in play. Back in the day, operators would get tired of hearing it, pulled the 2 chips, trashed them usually, and the game still operated like normal just without the attract sounds. So alot of 83 model Chexx that were on route, are now missing these! I have 6 spare pcb's I've aquired and 3 were missing these!

What kind of attract sounds does it make? And is it super easy to tell if mine has it or not? Mine doesn't play any attract sounds, but is it possible that I have them turned off with a setting of some kind?

#2794 2 years ago

anyone have any luck repairing that little bridge of plastic where the goalie slides back and forth. Mine is taped because its been cracked which works i guess but isnt very classy looking.

#2796 2 years ago

The only fix is a pricey one....buy a new ice surface from ICE. And you will be happy you did.

I thought you might say that. Right now shipping from them is more than the actual ice!!!

#2799 2 years ago

I have an extra standard playfield, brand new in the box, if you want to buy it from me cheaper. PM me for details

sending you a pm

#2800 2 years ago

hi looking for the guys who do the cup holders... the super sweet looking ones. trying to find it in this forum but its a lot of pages... any help from the peeps who have done em?

#2804 2 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

I make the ones that go on the four corners. I don’t know if I’m the fanciest, but I’m the one that came up with the idea that others copied.
    [quoted image]

do you make them in different colors. I saw a cabinet on here where someone had a red one on one side and a blue on the other like for USA vs Russia or USA vs canada and it was just the prettiest thing ever. oh just found a pic of kind of what I was looking for.

263347237_596853621544996_5174805667553380133_n (resized).jpg263347237_596853621544996_5174805667553380133_n (resized).jpg
    #2808 2 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

I do make them in red and blue but not with the logo's because I don't own the trademark rights to them.

totally makes sense, do you make them in that blue and that red...something about those colors that looks so gosh dang good. ok so no team logos, or the olympics logo im guessing...what about the team names?
    and yes I second Pinpickle and ask where can we buy them and how much good sir?

#2810 2 years ago

Turned on my super chexx and it played part of its little song and then just made a loud hum sound and just kept making that hum sound. The scoreboard only had one side lit up. Unplugged the scoreboard and it played its full song. Any ideas?

2 weeks later
    #2813 2 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Just message me through pinside.

sent you a message good sir

#2815 2 years ago
    Quoted from dinot:

For those that have replaced their dome, how did you go about getting it? Ice sells the dome I need for $385, but I was quoted $425 shipping. Over $800 for a dome is not something I would even consider. I was looking around and saw that a local distributor (Betson) has it listed for $510 (or so). I was just looking to see if there was a more economical option.
    Thanks,

I contacted betson and they said that they basically have it shipped from Ice so you would still be paying the 425 shipping plus 510 for the dome, so it would even cost you more ha ha. Ya I am looking for the exact same thing you are. if you can find something more reasonable please let me know because I will be right there with you.

#2817 2 years ago
    Quoted from drewthegator:

Chexxmods.com makes an alternative to the dome that might work for you. It’s modeled after the traditional hockey “boards”. You can find some videos of it on YouTube. They also make a bunch of cool mods that you might be interested in as well.

chexxmods stuff is sooooooo cool!!!!! but i feel like there alternative is basically the same price ha ha and even though i do think it looks super awesome i feel like the whole point of bubble hockey is to actually have a bubble. but ya big fan of all there stuff and wish i could afford it. This might have been more of a response to dinot, but i figured id chime in.

#2821 2 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

I never got any message FYI.

oh wow no clue what happened but just tried again. let me know, thanks man for the heads up.

#2822 2 years ago
    Quoted from dinot:

Uggghhh....I assumed that the $508 was to Betson's location. (only 30 mins from my house). It is insane to me that a 20lb part costs more to ship than a pinball machine. I wonder if we use another freight company shipped to an airport. (usually much cheaper than delivered to your door). I had some slot machines shipped this way a few years back. I think I paid $150.
    My dome isn't atrocious. I took out some of the haze by flame polishing it. But I wouldn't mind a new one.

if i could do one for 500 bucks including shipping which is what it used to cost a year or so ago i would be on it as well allsport.

i am trying to wetsand mine but i dont have high hopes and i am wayyyyy too scared to bust out a blow torch.

but ya I thought betson was 508 to there location as well which im 30 min away too....i started contacting them because a couple months back they actually had two domes available on there website... one for 508 and another for 300 and something so i got super excited and tried to purchase the 300 one and then i was told that one didnt exist and all the other sad info about shipping and what not.

I asked chexx if they would be willing to ship there items in different methods and they pretty much shut me down but i have been told by others on here or a facebook group that if you call and talk to the right people they are more willing to discuss different ideas and plans with you.

1 week later
    #2831 2 years ago
    Quoted from dinot:

I got a new shipping quote. LTL freight. $245. Still high IMO. But closer than the last quote.
    My magic number was $500. With this new shipping quote I am at $385 + $245 = $630. (for a piece of plastic )

is the bubble only 385 without shipping? I say only like its a small number... so expensive ha ha. and are you able to just purchase the item and pick it up at there store or factory or whatever or do you have to pay for shipping to somewhere no matter what?

#2834 2 years ago
    Quoted from JTAntikythera:

ICE allows you to pick up orders at their manufacturing facility, but that facility is in the Buffalo, NY area.

good to know next time im in buffalo. if i could get a bubble for 385 id do it in a heart beat at this point.

1 week later
    #2842 2 years ago
    Quoted from phillyfan64:

Finally joined the club. Temporarily set up in the living room. Gameroom should be done in a few weeks.
    [quoted image]

love the glow kit on this one!!!!!

1 week later
    #2871 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tack33:

Has anyone on here made a pedestal? I am curious what you used and what size. I am also thinking of putting caster wheels on the pedestal.
    Thanks

i am not one of them, but i definitely want to. I know severel people have so hopefully they will chime in. Im shocked!!!! that ice doesn't have something that they sell... i feel like its a no brainer since im pretty sure way more adults play this game than kids do ha ha.

7 months later
    #2930 1 year ago
    Quoted from allsportdvd:

Hey there does anyone know whether the nets from a Super Chexx fit the original 1983 Chexx machines? I like the more modern looking nets in goal

Nets work on both, a direct swap.

1 week later
    #2932 1 year ago
    Quoted from data_eastside:

I bought the LED lamp below for my Super Chexx and it's strobing a bit.. does anybody have any idea? I assume it's not compatible with the ballast... is there another lamp that anybody can recommend? Also can I remove the ballast and rewire it so it will use a ballast bypass lamp?
    amazon.com link »

dont know whats going on with yours, but i bought those exact same ones off of amazon and they worked great.

#2937 1 year ago
    Quoted from data_eastside:

interesting...no flashing or strobing whatsoever? It's not horrible but def noticeable

no issues of any kind, worked great plug and play. Don't know on the brighter part because I got mine with non working bulbs to start.

1 month later
    #2954 1 year ago
    Quoted from vico2x:

What’s up guys.
    I have a Superchexx Pro and the center logo is simply the ‘ICE’ logo. Is it possible to change to the NHL logo with a sticker or decal? If so when you put a sticker or decal on the ice does it affect the puck at all?
    I’m also looking for a riser platform for a red base. Does anyone sell those?
    Thnx!

I have seen a bunch of custom risers but never anything commercially sold. If you come across this let me know, because playing for long periods of time is brutal on my back.

2 weeks later
    #2995 1 year ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Went with the lexan mat under the machine.
    Yeah, it's expensive but the cool factor is like nothing else you've ever seen.
    [quoted image]

that floor even without the mat is really friggin sweet!!! is that a paint?

1 week later
    #3004 1 year ago

Got one for a Smokin deal and works great! Finally got myself a super chexx. Now the reason I wanted to upgrade to super chexx from chexx was the sound effects but when I started playing this one it sounded the same as chexx! Is there a way to upgrade the sounds effects, I could have sworn I played on one that had different chants and audience sounds and songs and what not... Any help?

20221216_191900 (resized).jpg20221216_191900 (resized).jpg
    #3008 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

Just researching a bit and you can actually order a Pro upgrade kit. That's awesome that they make it available. That'd be a must have for me if I owned one.

Bummer. I could have sworn I heard it coming out of a super chexx not the pro version. I have also heard of people changing it to the Canada anthem as well and stuff like that. You might be right though which would be a bummer because it's super expensive. But thanks for the info. Maybe someday.

#3012 1 year ago
    Quoted from bossk4hire:

Anyone have or know who might be that makes the dome goal light mod kit?
    I'd love to snag one.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Curious about this as well. Saw it on YouTube and thought it was so over the top and awesome. Perfect for my buddies.

#3013 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tigger:

I upgraded my chexx 83 using a mp3 playback and amp board. Very reasonable price. Some info in YouTube comments.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey/page/57#post-6711470

Will definitely check this out! Wish I would have known this existed. Sold my 83 chexx basically because I thought upgraded sound stuff only worked on super chexx ha ha. Thanks.

#3014 1 year ago

I talked to a guy on the Facebook group and he said Gen 3 version of super chexx has more audio stuff. Do you guys know what versions you have? Going to start researching differences on line.

#3016 1 year ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

I made those a few years ago. I'm not sure how many parts I have left. I'm not home much until after New Years, I'll send you a pm when I get a chance to look and let you know if I can make more.

Starting around 2003 ICE added a piggy back board board with larger chips and expanded Rick Jeanneret announcing. ICE still sells the entire upgraded board, part SC2070x, for $450. They used to upgrade older boards if you sent them in but I don't know if they still do that, you would have to call them. You can tell the expanded boads by the red pcb in the corner where the game/sound roms are.
    [quoted image]

Dude you da man. Let me know about that alarm mod as well, obviously I would be second in line behind that other guy.

And so you are saying chexx sells an entire new pcd board with that newer sound board on it for 450, but there is also a possibility that I could mail mine in and have it upgraded with that board for a fraction of the cost? Do you think they could also just sell me that upgraded sound board? Looks like its just surface mounted right? Finally do you know how much they added with that new sound board?

#3017 1 year ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

I made those a few years ago. I'm not sure how many parts I have left. I'm not home much until after New Years, I'll send you a pm when I get a chance to look and let you know if I can make more.

Starting around 2003 ICE added a piggy back board board with larger chips and expanded Rick Jeanneret announcing. ICE still sells the entire upgraded board, part SC2070x, for $450. They used to upgrade older boards if you sent them in but I don't know if they still do that, you would have to call them. You can tell the expanded boads by the red pcb in the corner where the game/sound roms are.
    [quoted image]

Oh snap, just looked at my other non working very dissembled super Chexx and I believe I discovered what you are talking about... The one with red tint is the gen2 and the one with grey tint is gen3 right?

20221218_144955 (resized).jpg20221218_144955 (resized).jpg20221218_145151 (resized).jpg20221218_145151 (resized).jpg
    2 months later
    #3036 1 year ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I joined a bubble hockey forum , chexxfan.com but I don't think anyone is using the site anymore. I read a lot of the old post,and a bunch of guys were complaining about " The Pussy pass".
    I made a post asking what it was but I think the forum is dead,since no one answered me. Has anyone ever heard of this pass,and if so what is it ? I don't wanna be accused of using this pass when I play.

i would like to know what that is as well so I can use it all day every day. a win is a win.

#3038 1 year ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Here's a link to where I saw it mentioned. It's the second post on this page. It's pretty long, that's why I didn't copy and paste it.
    https://chexxfan.proboards.com/thread/1091/save-bubble-hockey

i hope to be even half as good as this guy someday, the way he is talking about the game is a million miles from me. so many things he mentioned that i didnt understand but with i could do.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sirgubster9.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey?tu=sirgubster9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.