Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,114 posts
  • 431 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by GRB1959
  • Topic is favorited by 157 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Super Chexx Service Manual - Page 7.pdf (PDF preview)
    sc (resized).jpg
    IMG_0245 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0246 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0244 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0241 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20231121_223429875.jpg
    AIwr.gif
    20230402_121006 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231007_154725659 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0081 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0043 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0042 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0041 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider multiballmaniac1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1738 4 years ago
    Quoted from neverahighscore:

Yes, it is correct. I have a 29" door with a thin wood trim that brings the door opening to 28 1/2"-28 3/4'. I took the top off the base. I then put the base on it's side with the wider(bottom) going thru the door first. Once thru the door, I curved the base towards the open wall and continued until the base was in. Not sure if you tried it this way but it does work.
    [quoted image]

Exactly how I maneuvered mine in.

#1766 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

I’m sure it’s because of the licensing fees and royalties per unit sale of the machines. College licensing is not cheap at all. I know this first hand

Exactly

#1789 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thanks JayDee, I'm very excited about it. That damn Multiballmaniac guy talked me into getting one. Hes a bad influence!

Yup blame me.

7BBC91C4-B901-4F31-854A-C7E7D1BA24C2 (resized).jpeg7BBC91C4-B901-4F31-854A-C7E7D1BA24C2 (resized).jpeg
    #1790 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spelly88:

Finally pulled the trigger yesterday! NHL - Flyers (Home) vs. Penguins (White Away) with the Flyers logo. Went with a black split base just to be safe and also got the home version. Really thought about the LED but ultimately decided not to do it. If they interacted with the game, I would have splurged.
    Now the waiting...

Congratulations. You’re gonna be pumped

2 weeks later
    #1826 4 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

What if Super Chexx outsourced their playfield production to Stern?
    All jokes in poor taste aside. I'm jealous. I want one so bad but I'd have to let go of my Tornado table (space constraints) & I just can't seem to come to terms with that.
    Yet here I am. Stalking this page & dreaming about bubble hockey. I need help.

I love my bubble hockey. You won’t regret it.

1 week later
    #1888 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

You talked me into it,I don't have any kids,but there's still a big kid inside me.

You won’t regret it. People have a blast when they come over and play. If they don’t smile when they walk up to play their first game kick em out.

#1920 4 years ago

Played my super Chexx today against my brother-in-law. He won 3-2 in a 5 game series. Good time.

#1937 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

The standard version is awesome also and I almost went with it myself. When you are playing you will be having so much fun that you wont care who the teams are anyways.

Exactly

#1961 4 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

This is the most hype I've seen for Chexx in a long time. I'm not sure why this year is different compared to other years, it's the same game as it's been the last 40 years.
    I wouldn't expect much help from Chexx support. They've been generally slow or unresponsive to my questions most of the past 10 years. They wouldn't even give me a discount and I've even an affiliate for them, lol.
    For those who missed out on the $100 coupon, if you use my referral link I'll send you a pair of cupholders like I did Who-Dey so at least you'd get something a little extra. Costs you nothing, I get money towards upgrading to a Super Chexx Pro, and you get custom cupholders (and my external gratitude).
    I'm excited that a bunch of you are jumping into this now. Who knew that this thread I started years ago would turn into this?
    For those that are asking about foosball and bubble hockey, I actually have both. A Tornado from about 15 years ago, and an original Chexx. Which is better? Well, sorry foosball fans, the bubble hockey pretty much just stomps the foosball from about every aspect. Kids like it better, more popular at parties, etc. The foosball though is a good secondary option as a lot more people are familiar with it.

Quoted from taylor34:

This is the most hype I've seen for Chexx in a long time. I'm not sure why this year is different compared to other years, it's the same game as it's been the last 40 years.
    I wouldn't expect much help from Chexx support. They've been generally slow or unresponsive to my questions most of the past 10 years. They wouldn't even give me a discount and I've even an affiliate for them, lol.
    For those who missed out on the $100 coupon, if you use my referral link I'll send you a pair of cupholders like I did Who-Dey so at least you'd get something a little extra. Costs you nothing, I get money towards upgrading to a Super Chexx Pro, and you get custom cupholders (and my external gratitude).
    I'm excited that a bunch of you are jumping into this now. Who knew that this thread I started years ago would turn into this?
    For those that are asking about foosball and bubble hockey, I actually have both. A Tornado from about 15 years ago, and an original Chexx. Which is better? Well, sorry foosball fans, the bubble hockey pretty much just stomps the foosball from about every aspect. Kids like it better, more popular at parties, etc. The foosball though is a good secondary option as a lot more people are familiar with it.

I actually had great support from Ice’s service department. The guy was cool who helped me out. His name was Voicu. Say it like Voycoo.

3 weeks later
    #2111 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Had a friend come over last night and we played some bubble hockey and had a blast. I am so glad that i got this crazy thing. It gave my game room alot of variety and made it much more fun. You new guys that are getting ready to take delivery of your games are going to be super glad that you got one, they are so much fun!

You owe it all to me. Everything I buy you have to copy me. Lol

#2123 4 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

Is there a way to bulletproof the game before we use it? When you talk of those collars coming loose. Can I just go through and tighten all these attachment points maybe even use some locktite beforehand?
    Either way I'm Super excited. Just don't wanna have my wife look over at me with that look that says and you paid how much for this when it breaks during the first game?

I got in at 4300.

My game has been getting played hard. Major thrashing and everything is fine so far. Had it since September.

3 weeks later
    #2193 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

According to an email from ICE,my game was built today.

Excellent game. So much fun.

#2204 4 years ago

Love my Superchexx. I beat my wife.............in bubble hockey last night 5-2. Then she beat me in overtime and screamed so loud I was like wtf. Good times.

#2236 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Did not realize that had a Hartford Whalers team option.

They restocked. Probably sells well. Retro.

#2240 4 years ago
    Quoted from obstinox:

It is done.
    2020 Winter Classic home edition with split base officially ordered. They say it'll be built March 2nd.
    Now, I wait.
    This is going to be torture.

Oh man. Congratulations. Wait until you unbox the top dome portion and see how awesome it looks.

1 month later
    #2298 4 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

They’re closed right now anyways. No orders will be getting done for a while.

Yeah I ordered 5 pucks for extras right before the shutdown. Never sent. Hopefully the one puck I have lasts awhile. eBay has them but no way paying 12 bucks each. I find the pucks take a beating.

4 months later
    #2386 3 years ago

Welcome to the bubble hockey club. Love mine.

1F24760B-5341-4956-B582-2CA10EFB21E8 (resized).jpeg1F24760B-5341-4956-B582-2CA10EFB21E8 (resized).jpeg
    #2403 3 years ago
    Quoted from MLmotorsport:

Those look like the cup holders that come on it as a factory option. Glad I ordered those with mine. The 3d printed can holders are cool looking but are only big enough to hold cans which does me no good.

They are the factory cup holders. I use them all the time because I have no pingulps on my pinballs near by.

#2422 3 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERMAXX:

Hey super freaks !!!!! Matt here / question about my new home version superchexx ??? Is it better to leave it plugged in all the time even when I’m not using it or just plug it in when I’m playing ??? There’s the buttons on top right side of base for power and sel and vol - If you leave it plugged in there’s 2 little green lights that flash on the computer board ... just wondering??? I thought it would be better to leave it unplugged and to plug in when using then power off and unplug when done ??????

I keep it plugged in. I think I asked ICE and they said it’s fine. I have it on a surge protector also. Seems like more people unplug it. Maybe I should?

#2424 3 years ago

Best moment to new purchasers of ICE bubble hockey is when you first open the box to the bubble top and look down at how awesome the thing looks in person.

#2453 3 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Those boxes are bigger than what you anticipated arent they?
    We want pictures today sometime after you get it all set up. It comes with instructions but theres a couple of good YouTube videos that are helpful with setting it up. The only problem is they are for setting up older versions than what you have so they may not be exactly the same as your game but they still help. Congratulations and have fun SUPERMAXX!!

I am pumped for Supermaxx and Taz. It was around September 19th last year when we got ours. Keep us posted.

#2472 3 years ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

I would have told him they’re cage parts for my 700lb gorilla in the basement..
    Now I’m getting nervous about fitting the base in the house and down into the basement. I didn’t get the split base. My basement door is 32”. Thoughts?

Hmmm. I kitty cornered my base through a 36” opening and that was tight. Hopefully you can get it in. I had me and my wife both carry an end. Turn it on it’s side, stick one corner through the door opening. The person who is on the end that’s corners is through the door hugs the opening with that corner and you swing it to the opposite corner on your end. Kind of like getting a lazy boy chair in a door opening. One end goes in out it’s side then you swing it in. Hard to explain.

#2487 3 years ago
    Quoted from JoeHog:

Has anyone looked at the kixx soccer model?

Yes. It was actually a thousand dollars higher in price last year. They lowered it. Looks cool, but I am a old hockey fan.

#2509 3 years ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

IT’S HERE!! Love it!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Yes!! It fits.
    I know what you’ll be doing this weekend.

2 months later
    #2593 3 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Looks like a good time TAZ, glad to see that you are enjoying your game. Super Chexx is awesome!

RIP dude. A true Super Chexx fan has passed. He bought his after I convinced him to get one. Peace.

2 weeks later
    #2606 3 years ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

Basement update: I’ve been MIA on this page for a little while. Been busy finishing up somethings. 1st I finally finished my base for the Super Chexx with LEDs. 2nd, my helmet wall is completed and my furniture FINALLY came!! Life is good [quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome. I told the wife we are playing a 5 games series in Thanksgiving. She has really upped her game. Last two games we played I beat her in overtime.

6 months later
    #2708 2 years ago

Just played a couple games with my neighbor. Such a fun game.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider multiballmaniac1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey?tu=multiballmaniac1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.