Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,114 posts
  • 431 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by GRB1959
  • Topic is favorited by 157 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Super Chexx Service Manual - Page 7.pdf (PDF preview)
    sc (resized).jpg
    IMG_0245 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0246 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0244 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0241 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20231121_223429875.jpg
    AIwr.gif
    20230402_121006 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231007_154725659 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0081 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0043 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0042 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0041 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mtkst19.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1556 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I once owned, simultaneously, all three “bubble” games from ICE... Super Chexx, Super Kixx, and the ultra rare, super HUGE...Turbo Drive!
    https://www.undiscoveredclassics.com/and-now-for-something-completely-different/accessorizing-your-vintage-glass-buy-your-own-race-track-turbo-drive-slot-car-arcade/[quoted image]

If you are still in pgh area I just got the turbo drive 2 located at pinball perfection operational again after 18yrs or so of sitting. This past Saturday was the final fix day so it should be ready for regular muesem play now.

I started going there this past fall and pestered owner into letting me work on stuff. Finally he agreed to my volunteer help. This track was one of my goals to get running.

I put the leg work in tracking down info etc. If anyone got any questions on it just ask. I attached a pdf copy of the operating manual and can help you out on cars etc. You can get replacement cars relatively easily.

Turbo Drive Manual2.pdfTurbo Drive Manual2.pdf
    #1558 5 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Good of Dan to let you work for free especially since most of his stuff needs attention.

Not certain if this was meant to be a dig or not. Either way I'm a pretty laid back person so I'll take it as misscommunication through message. Im not an argumentative person. If I were a dick I wouldnt be offering to help others with what I learned. I'd be trying to profit off it or not offering any info at all.

Dan has been nice to me. Although I will admit he was rough when I 1st met him. After going back few times and building a rapport that wore off.

My curiosity of how stuff works is what progressed into volunteering. I work on high end cars for a living. So my mind is mechanical in nature. I offered my services to him.

As you note dan has a ton of machines. With 300+ machines and 1 full time person some are going to need some tlc. To me that was perfect scenario. I can relate it to my job. If I were a dealer tech I'd work on 1 brand day in/out. Yet at my current job, I work on a variety. In pinball speak- my personal home machines would be dealer. Get profeccient on just those items. Yet going to Dan's I'm learning about a variety of brands. They all work the same. But interesting to me how each company had their own spin on accomplishing end result. No different than a car.

If you are looking for pristine machines and sterile environment this is not the place. But if you are ok with player shape machines and can hang out in an old dodge dealership garage- then it is more than enough. Being I work in a garage, the environment I'm accustomed to.

Only way stuff gets fixed is if people say something. So if you come across an issue bring it to attention. It will get addressed.

The machines I find while playing or someone tells me about an issue I try to fix or let dan know so it can get addressed. Heck I am actively trying to play every machine in the place atleast 1 time and I still havent made my way through. Start on 1 bank work my way through. If I find an issue I take note and try to address it. So to know every issue with that many machines is going to be hard unless you bring it to attention. High traffic machines take precedence over lesser used machines.

Hope this clears the air so we can get off on the right foot. As I'm not trying to burn any bridges or make enemies. In fact i hope to meet you and others in person either there or some other place around town. As I do venture to other places in the city too.

Mike

#1560 5 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Mike, not a dig at all on you or Dan. It's great Dan is letting you work on the machines as having that many machines he needs the help to maintain and get them working.

All good! If you see me say hi. Usually try hit Dan's up on Saturday and pinball pa on sundays. Now that my gf is on a different shift we will be trying to get to helicon.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mtkst19.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey?tu=mtkst19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.