Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,114 posts
  • 431 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by GRB1959
  • Topic is favorited by 157 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Super Chexx Service Manual - Page 7.pdf (PDF preview)
    sc (resized).jpg
    IMG_0245 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0246 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0244 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0241 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20231121_223429875.jpg
    AIwr.gif
    20230402_121006 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231007_154725659 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0081 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0043 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0042 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0041 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mesz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 10 years ago

I have owned two Chexx machines. When I first bought one I was advised by several people not to buy one as "the novelty wears off quick and they make a lousy laundry table"! After owning one for a few years we used it enough that I decided to purchase a Limited Edition one in 2005. To this day it is still one of the games that gets the most use. Great game and now that you can buy them direct from ICE for a grand less then I could 8 years ago is great.

DSC08464.JPGDSC08464.JPG
    #50 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Wow, that is one sweet room.

Thank you!

#52 10 years ago

IMO it's better to go with the split base as well as the coin door. Figure some day down the road you're going to either move the game or sell it. If you move it, it's easier to do so with the split base. If you ever sell it, it would be best to have the split base and the coin door as your buying audience will be greater. Without the split base you take that potential buyer out of the equation that needs a split base in order to get it in his house and without the coin door you lose those who want the "authentic" look of an arcade game as well as someone that may want to buy it to put in a place of business.

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

My problem is I have kids, can't leave the coin door open. That's why the home version is appealing to me at $200 cheaper.

You don't need to leave the coin door open. You can turn the game on free play and all they need to do is press the "BOO/EJECT" button to start a game. When finished you can either just unplug the game or open the coin door and turn it off.

1 week later
    #70 10 years ago
    Quoted from marlboroman:

Just added one in my game room...a ton of fun!!
    Any recommendations for speaker swap? sound is a little lame.
    -Mauro

What year is your's? I have one from 2005 and the speaker produces great sound. It might be a matter of just updating to the current speaker ICE uses?

#73 10 years ago
    Quoted from marlboroman:

Just bought in NIB last week, maybe I've been too spoiled with pinball pro speakers in my pins.

Yeah that will do it!

Quoted from eharan:

I just purchased a machine from Mesz and must say that the room looks even better in person than the pictures show.
    Great seller and awesome game room / bar...all he needs to do to make it better is swap out the Penguins stuff for some NJ Devils gear!

Thanks Ed for the compliments and I thought about changing everything up to Devils stuff but I was told it would depreciate the value of my home by 30%!

#75 10 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Well the search has been pretty lousy so far, lol. I may end up just ordering one.

Here is one in St. Louis on ebaY: http://tinyurl.com/l85762j

A little high in price for this one but maybe email the seller and see if you can work something out if, of course, you're willing to drive 3-3.5 hours to get it!

1 month later
    #93 10 years ago

I was fortunate to be able to get one of the Labatt Blue Beer ice surfaces for my CHEXX machine. This worked out nice as I already had my dasher boards done with different beer logos!

IMG_0983.JPGIMG_0983.JPG
    4 months later
    #165 9 years ago

Anyone looking for a used CHEXX machine check out ebay.com link: itm

If you are interested the seller, who I have no affiliation with, is not too far from me so I can help get it shipped or whatever you need to complete the transaction!

5 months later
    #219 9 years ago
    Quoted from kid_ego:

For those of you who bought new NHL models and picked your teams, did you go with your home team's biggest rival, playoff/Stanley Cup matchup, or what?

I can see only one issue with having select teams on the game. The day may come when you want to sell the game. With selected teams potential buyers will say "I don't like those teams" thus you limit your buying audience.

#221 9 years ago
    Quoted from kid_ego:

Did think about that. But if I buy this thing and sell it within 5 years my wife may sell me (have a bad habit of buying stuff and selling it fairly soon).

lol so you see my point as you're one of those people that may be looking to sell it down the road! I have a 2005 LE one that I have no plans on selling. I have had a Chexx game for over 10 years and will probably always will have one.

Quoted from kid_ego:

Also wonder how many people who come over will want to play as the hated (insert rival team).

I dont think this is much of an issue as people don't tend to complain about little stuff when they're not paying to play! I could see kids doing this!

#227 9 years ago
    Quoted from kid_ego:

Leaning toward Blackhawks vs. Bruins for the Stanley Cup significance and because the color difference is distinct.

If you like the Bruins for the color differences you could go with the Penguins for the Stanley Cup significance of 1992 .... oh you probably want the Bruins since Chicago won it that year!!!

3 months later
    #239 9 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

I'm officially a member of the club now!

Congrats! Throw a picture of it up on here! Is it a red or black base?

3 weeks later
    #261 9 years ago

So with the mod to add a horn being doable anyone in Canada figure out a way to hook up rasberry pi to your Bud Red Light???? This would be great if someone can figure it out!!!

1 month later
    #282 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mercury:

I've tried playing Super Chexx hockey on location and found the sticks
    don't hold the puck easily...Maybe it's me but it's almost like the stick rides over
    the puck when you try to cradle it..Any ideas?? Are the sticks set too high ?

On a routed machine it's possible that the lock washers on the players are shot. These washers keep the players in place and once they're worn/gone the player can ride higher thus causing the stick to go over the puck.

http://www.icegame.com/p-24283-player-lock-washer.aspx

#290 8 years ago
    Quoted from sturner:

Is there a way to get one with the old US vs USSR on it? I remember playing one as a kid at a restaurant that had the old USSR and I think the jerseys even said CCCP on it.

For 2995 you can buy a new USA vs CCCP game: http://www.icechexx.com/p-1-team-usa-cccp-canada.aspx
    If you're just after the players ICE sells them new for $99: http://www.icegame.com/p-23884-1980-cccp-team-away.aspx

6 months later
    #366 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballYeti:

Have you guys ever had an issue with the puck eject not being random enough?

Never notice this as when we play we always are putting our sticks so they slightly cover the opening as this will deflect the puck in different directions. It's almost like in real hockey in the sense you're trying to win the face-off!

1 month later
    #375 8 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

So what does everyone clean the ice with and what about the dome?
    Mine is pretty dirty!

Novus for the dome! The ice surface use a Magic Erasure if it's real dirty! If it's not real dirty you can use Novus on that as well. If you want the ice to be more slick spray Pledge onto it!

1 week later
    #379 8 years ago
    Quoted from preore:

I have enjoyed my SuperChexx for several years and don't plan on parting with it soon, but do need to do some maintenance.
    I have the same issue as pinballYeti, of the puck always going to the same side on face off. Is there another (more permanent) solution besides putting a book under it to level it? Something inside? I've never opened mine up. Bought it without a key and haven't drilled the lock out yet. Need to soon as I have some gears that could use replacing. I do like meSz' idea of trying to win the face-off, but would still like to fix the issue.
    Also- I have never taken mine apart. To access the gears do you need to get in the base? Or take dome off and playfield off and access that way?
    Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Before you start taking things apart look to see if there is anything in the eject hole! If nothing, turn the game on and start a game. Look closely at where the puck comes out. See if you can tell if the puck is hitting the ice surface on one side (opposite side the the puck is going too). What happens at times is the ice surface can move and if the puck hits it upon coming out the hole it will make it go to one side all the time. Simple fix is to open the dome and then move the ice surface slightly.

and if that is not the problem....

Take the ice surface off all the way and check to see if the armature that ejects the puck is bent!

These are a few things I can think of. You can always email ICE and ask as well!

11 months later
    #464 7 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

2) if you want the puck to slide like it's actually on ice, get some lemon pledge spray, and wipe it down once or twice with that. Super fast!

or you can use a car detailing wax in a spray bottle. Will last longer than pledge! I have also used Carnauba wax!

#465 7 years ago

Need one of these (you know you do!!!) http://budweiser.ca/goallab/en/innovation/ice-hockey-tables/

#476 7 years ago

Pretty decent looking older Chexx machine on ebay for anyone looking: ebay.com link: itm

#478 7 years ago
    Quoted from Phatchit:

Does anyone know where I can send it to get it rebuilt

I know you use to be able to send the boards to ICE. Maybe send them an email or call to see if they still offer this service!

#481 7 years ago

Another nice looking Chexx on eBay, price currently at 1k and in OR ebay.com link: itm

#499 7 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Were the playfields on the older games more yellow? If not,any tips for for trying to make it white again?

No! Take a Magic Eraser to it!

2 weeks later
    #537 7 years ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

It didn't come with one, but I found a motion activated light that I can mount in its place. I'd let it go for $850 or trade. I need an original ball for it.

Would like to get one but not willing to drive to IN or pay for shipping to get it! Any chance you're coming to PAPA

1 week later
    #575 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

My cuz has a super chexx with custom painted hawks/red wings figures thats been sitting for decades. Id like to get it restored, any one know any one in my area who might be able to take it on?

Not a lot to them so restoring would be relatively easy! In short, do it yourself!

#579 7 years ago

Wish I had the time. I work 90 hours a week and have a wife and kid. No time to even play my pins let alone restore anything. Hes got money, Ill spend it! LOL

You could've just said "wife and kids" and I would've understood!!!

I would love to restore one but obviously it's a little bit of a drive to drop it off!!!

#582 7 years ago

Here it is just so you can see. 1983 model, not in too bad of shape. I think shell clean up nice!

Prety good shape!! The ice surface is obviously not original but the rest appears to be! Being that it's a 1983 is neat to see and would be great to restore!! Might get away with some Novus on the dome, maybe use #2!

#584 7 years ago

Well, got some bad news. I guess mine isnt a super chexx its a knock off brand called "face off" and my guy says the electronics wont be able to be fixed.
    Any one in Illinois wanna take a shot at this thing?

http://www.pinrepair.com/arcade/faceoff.htm

#585 7 years ago
    #596 7 years ago

Looks like the dome is the same as Chexx??? Measure the width and length where to dome attaches to the base and also measure the space between the holes where the screws attach the dome to the base! Be interesting to see if they're the same as the Chexx ones! If they're take it to your buddy and see what he can do. If he messes it up more you can either buy a new one or go with a used one that is in better condition than what you got!

As for the broken player, again if it's like Chexx, you should be able to take all the guys off buy just pulling straight up on them! Take them all out and then the one that is broken you can take the gear box off the end of the rod. This should allow you to turn the gear box and, hopefully, allow you to use something to punch the broken peg out!

Be interesting to see pics of the gear boxes to see if they're the same as well!!!

I see the base is all wood!!!! Unlike Chexx is plastic!

1 month later
    #630 7 years ago

.so they just pull straight up huh?

Just pull straight up but use your other hand to push down on the ice surface at the same time!

the clear washer go between the gear box and the ice surface

Yes

#650 7 years ago

What do yall use to clean the poles? Magic eraser? Black gunk on mine.

Yes use Magic Erasure but that black will come back from use over time! Before you close the dome all up you may want to look at the housings for the gear boxes as I have seen people put grease in them.....this might be where you're getting "black gunk"!! If there is grease you can clean it out as the only grease needed is in the gears themselves!

Machine is looking good!!!

3 months later
    #745 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mase:

Any Chexx Hockey games for sale in the Midwest? (I live in Nebraska)
    Feel free to pm.
    Thanks!

Here's one in Iowa .... might be a little bit of a drive but seller doing auction style with reserve! ebay.com link: itm

2 months later
    #807 6 years ago
    Quoted from robbo105:

The Super Chexx website (bubblehockey.com) now directs to a maintenance page:
    SUPER CHEXX PRO coming soon!
    Check back later to see more details.

Oh crappis does the PRO now mean Chexx is going to have different models

#818 6 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

No upgrades? Well, I'm going to have to decide whether it's worth it to buy a new one based upon the price difference. Probably not though.

There may not be an upgrade kit but one would think that they will sell the parts! Annnnnd knowing this community it wont be long after that someone figures out a way to upgrade your existing game!!!

#838 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phatchit:

I need the original board gone through and fixed . Does anyone do this or have a old board that works .

Did you contact ICE directly? I know they use to do board repairs on all Chexx games!

#867 6 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Just got my new ice and goals on my 83’ Chexx. Had league tonight. Man felt good to play Chexx again!!!! Only issue I had was (not sure if it was because of uneven floor) when a goal would happen, the puck eject may take 2-3 times to fire on try 2 it would award a goal to USA. Always USA. If I shook the game it would wiggle he puck and eject fine at each goal. So I think my floor isn’t level but that is an odd issue.

Actually you want to check the puck chute! If the puck is hitting one side of the chute then you need to adjust the ejector arm! Inspect the Ejector Arm to see if it's bent or if anything is in the chute! If you have a manual, pull it out as there is instructions for correcting this issue!

#871 6 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

it "clicked" you know the teeth still moving. Is that worn, or is that normal

It's normal as it keeps it from stripping the gear! As Blitzburgh99 states .....................

Quoted from Blitzburgh99:When a player starts slipping when taking a shot or making a pass, that’s when I know it’s time to change a gear

#887 6 years ago

2 weeks later
    #924 6 years ago

Albeit the scoreboard and LED lighting adds to the game and is neat it's not enough to make me want to sell my existing game and purchase a new one!

Thanks for posting the videos cherryandblue !!

PS - MN vs MN

#926 6 years ago
    Quoted from cherryandblue:

You wouldn’t happen to be mez big dylan fan?

No must be someone else. Plus I have it as mesz not mez!

I’ve been waiting to see first sound glimpses. I did order the new one.

Yeah me too! Great to see ICE put some changes into this game instead of the norm! I don't think it will be long before someone finds a way to add video to the scoreboard and what not!

I did order the new one.

Congrats on the machine and let us know when the reveal party is!!!

Ironically northstars on the road against leafs

Why not the North Stars vs Penguins ....... what too soon????

#939 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chris1199s:

Here are two more videos I posted on YouTube:
    » YouTube video
    » YouTube video
    Answers to some Q's posted above:
    Q: Curious what model number they start at? You don’t have to give yours but do they start at 0?
    A: I'll look tonight. ICE told me it was the 1st one to ship.
    Q: And did it come with manual ?
    A: Yes, a color multi-page manual, and extra puck, some tools and extra screws.

Chris, first of all thanks for posting! If you wouldn't mind, would you post some pictures of the board inside the game? Would be interested to see what it looks like in comparison to the older version! Wondering if it would be possible to get a new board and scoreboard and swap them out in an existing game!

#943 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chris1199s:

Here are couple pictures of the board

Chris, we're speaking of the board inside the game with the electronics (CPU) on it!

#977 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chris1199s:

Here are the photos of the board

Thanks again Chris! That's a big change in boards!

1 month later
    #1118 6 years ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Proud owner of a new pro!! Quick question before I open a ticket as it’s likely a simple problem:
    My ice surface bows up just a little around one man. Enough that his toe will get under the ice. This lifts it enough to catch his stick, etc. I can always jiggle it loose, but definitely annoying. Any thoughts?
    Thanks in advance

Sounds as if the ice surface is bound up! The ice surface just lays down and there is nothing that it attaches too on the game itself! When you screw the dome down that keeps the surface in place! The first thing to try is to open the dome up! The surface might not have been laying flat when they screwed the dome down!

edit - with a new game though I would open a ticket! You shouldn't be having an issue with a game just out of the box! Always best to let the manufacturer know there is an issue and get their direction!

2 months later
    #1200 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ookpik:

I am looking for a pair of nets like the ones pictured below:

I could swear I seen those in a thread and the poster said they were custom made. Not something yo can purchase!

#1203 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ookpik:

The nets I am looking for were original equipment on the first generation of Super Chexx. See the flyer below or click on the link to see a larger version of the flyer.
    https://flyers.arcade-museum.com/?page=flyer&db=arcadedb&id=1359&image=1
    A forum member did contact me regarding how he converted the standard nets into a version of the older nets. I must say it was a very well done conversion!

Oh thanks for the info ..... never knew that!

#1210 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Are you coming to MGC? That looks a bit whiter then mine.

Did you try to use a Magic Eraser on your existing one?

#1215 6 years ago

Between this and the news about the Boo button not being as responsive...I’m starting to feel some regret parting with my Super Chexx in a deal for a Twilight Zone...was planning on getting a pro. Ugh

Give it time....like everything else in this hobby it's only time before someone has hacked the game and is fixing issues and adding to it!

1 week later
    #1223 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Ugg...so I learned it's very tough to add a wash on top of white. I still like it better then the sharp white, but I wish I would have used a much lighter wash.

Those are the "throwback jerseys"

1 month later
    #1296 5 years ago
    Quoted from Evil-Dingo:

Well after planning it out, opted for a used table. Picked a "competition ice hockey" table up for 50.00. Total in it to date is 200.00. Its no Superchexx but it works well. » YouTube video

Typically when I see a statement like this the first thing that comes to mind is ...... the guy asked his wife!

Not sure where you're from but if Canada I would stop posting as the RMPs will be knocking! It's my understanding that it's illegal for any Canadian to own anything but a CHEXX game!

#1302 5 years ago
    Quoted from Evil-Dingo:

LOL.... Bucks County PA.....

Did you hear that big exhale.........that was all Canadians breathing a sigh of relief! LOL

#1308 5 years ago

Guy I know (Pittsburgh) is selling one for $1350 ... it was on route but he replaced the dome, gearboxes and ribbon cable to the scoreboard!

#1321 5 years ago

If anyone is interested I got a CHEXX in a deal. I have a Limited Edition one so I am selling this one!
    pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

NEW dome and gear boxes. Surface looks really good as well! It was a routed game though. I will take off $100 for any Pinsider that buys it as well as donate some to Pinside!

IMG_E1015[1] (resized).JPGIMG_E1015[1] (resized).JPG

#1325 5 years ago
    Quoted from EricKalby:

Hi all, I am the proud “new” owner of a used Super Chexx that I finally found on Craigslist near my home. I have been following this thread for a long time in anticipation of getting a machine!
    The game seems to be in great working condition except I am having a problem with the solenoid. When the puck is ejected to start a game the eject mechanism connected to the solenoid remains in the up position, therefore when a goal is scored the puck gets stuck next to the eject arm and cannot be sent back into play. I took off the ice and looked at the mechanism and it seems like it gets stuck in the “in position” and does not click back out allowing the arm to lay flat and the puck to roll on top. Have any of you all experienced this issue? I am thinking the solenoid needs replaced but any help is appreciated.
    p.s. the arm attached to the solenoid is the older version that looks like a metal clothes hanger

Make sure the arm is not getting hung up and moves freely. Take a picture of it ... might help see whats going on

#1326 5 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

If anyone is interested I got a CHEXX in a deal. I have a Limited Edition one so I am selling this one!
    pittsburgh.craigslist.org link
    NEW dome and gear boxes. Surface looks really good as well! It was a routed game though. I will take off $100 for any Pinsider that buys it as well as donate some to Pinside!

Price reduction .... now 1550$

#1334 5 years ago
    Quoted from EricKalby:

With a little lubrication

Agghhh you may want to clean the lubricant off! Coils aren't made to be lubricated that's part of the coil sleeve purpose! Plus, if you used WD40 or any other flammable lubricant you could have a fire!

#1336 5 years ago
    Quoted from thall17:

I have a HUO Superchexx in Michigan if anyone is looking.... https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/64185

Very nice ..... edit you post and put a space between the last period and your URL.... then people can just click on it! (see how I did it in your qoute right above this?)

3 weeks later
    #1345 5 years ago

Both of your questions depend on the version of the game you bought!

Quoted from erest888:

I have a real n00b question for the board. Just received my Chexx Pro game and I'm excited to give it a shot.
    1) Where does the green ground wire attach? Directly onto the wing nut near the power supply?

Most versions of the game the ground wire attaches to the metal housing of where the coins pass through to the coin box. If you look at post #1310 above you will see what I am talking about (picture in post 1310 is an older game and not a PRO)! Question is ... did you buy a home version or a Coin version?? Your manual shows where the ground wire goes so its best to refer to it!

Quoted from erest888:

2) Is the system preprogrammed (non-coin op version) for home use and simply plug and play? Or do I have to go into program mode and make a bunch of tweaks?

Again, depends on the version you bought. The home version is set to free play so you plug and play. The coin version you need to change the dip switch for it to be free play. The manual will also show this!

Congrats on the new game!

8 months later
    #1532 5 years ago

Who gets the nod in net for the Pens?
    [quoted image]

Gotta go with the right just for the fact that the pigeon logo on the left was one of the worse logos in NHL history.

1 week later
    #1541 5 years ago

Arrived today from ICE for the restoration....should be back to life and playing in the next week or so.
    Going with a penguins theme....[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looking at the ice surface .... I've seen people have their surface break leaning them like that.... be careful!

In short.... come on Blitz you're better than that!

#1546 5 years ago

trying to decide if I should go with a penguins theme or restore to original with USA vs. Canada.

I would have to go original even with being a Pens fan! The original just looks better to me.

#1557 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mtkst19:

I started going there this past fall and pestered owner

Good of Dan to let you work for free especially since most of his stuff needs attention.

#1559 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mtkst19:

Not certain if this was meant to be a dig or not. Either way I'm a pretty laid back person so I'll take it as misscommunication through message. Im not an argumentative person. If I were a dick I wouldnt be offering to help others with what I learned. I'd be trying to profit off it or not offering any info at all.
    Dan has been nice to me. Although I will admit he was rough when I 1st met him. After going back few times and building a rapport that wore off.
    My curiosity of how stuff works is what progressed into volunteering. I work on high end cars for a living. So my mind is mechanical in nature. I offered my services to him.
    As you note dan has a ton of machines. With 300+ machines and 1 full time person some are going to need some tlc. To me that was perfect scenario. I can relate it to my job. If I were a dealer tech I'd work on 1 brand day in/out. Yet at my current job, I work on a variety. In pinball speak- my personal home machines would be dealer. Get profeccient on just those items. Yet going to Dan's I'm learning about a variety of brands. They all work the same. But interesting to me how each company had their own spin on accomplishing end result. No different than a car.
    If you are looking for pristine machines and sterile environment this is not the place. But if you are ok with player shape machines and can hang out in an old dodge dealership garage- then it is more than enough. Being I work in a garage, the environment I'm accustomed to.
    Only way stuff gets fixed is if people say something. So if you come across an issue bring it to attention. It will get addressed.
    The machines I find while playing or someone tells me about an issue I try to fix or let dan know so it can get addressed. Heck I am actively trying to play every machine in the place atleast 1 time and I still havent made my way through. Start on 1 bank work my way through. If I find an issue I take note and try to address it. So to know every issue with that many machines is going to be hard unless you bring it to attention. High traffic machines take precedence over lesser used machines.
    Hope this clears the air so we can get off on the right foot. As I'm not trying to burn any bridges or make enemies. In fact i hope to meet you and others in person either there or some other place around town. As I do venture to other places in the city too.
    Mike

Mike, not a dig at all on you or Dan. It's great Dan is letting you work on the machines as having that many machines he needs the help to maintain and get them working.

2 weeks later
    #1572 5 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I'm thinking of buying a NIB super chexx for my new house, as housewarming present, when I sell my house. Are these games a problem to keep running? I'd be okay with cleaning it, but if it developed an electronic problem not so much.
    Thanks in advance

For home environment you have no worries. Actually for any environment you have no real worries. These are built to take a beating. I purchased a Limited Edition one in 2005 (NEW) and have never had one issue with it

As for cleaning it, very little to do there as well. Buy yourself some Novus #1 to clean the plastic dome. You can also use this to clean the "ice surface" as well or, if you want a fast surface, use Pledge.

#1580 5 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

you can save money going home version

Agree, I posted on this before as I always recommend paying the little extra for the commercial (coin) version as it helps when/if you sell the game. The last Chexx game I sold was to a vendor who had a customer wanting one ASAP so instead of ordering one the vendor bought mine as it was quicker and cheaper for him. This was just something I experienced and share as an FYI.

Quoted from roar:

So if resale is any concern I'd keep it simple.

This is also a valid point as once you customize it you resale audience is somewhat limited as now you're trying to find someone who likes one of the two teams you chose.

#1585 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rhauf0:

Extremely high for its age and not working 100%. I'm curious to see what others say but I'd guess the price to be down around $1,000.

Agree, I purchased one for 1150 six months ago with no issues other than dirty as all can be. Took it completely apart, cleaned it and replaced some worn parts. Sold it for 1450. The game was in excellent condition but it had sat for 10 years in a garage. Cleaned up really nice.

Not to knock the OP's price as if he's in no hurry to sell he might find a buyer but also he may have listed it high as with CL everyone tries to talk you down in price so he probably will take less. With CL if you want 1500 for something you cant list it for 1500 as everyone will try to make offers.

#1588 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rhauf0:

Why spare pucks? Where is the puck going to go?

Yeah I’m perplexed in this as well as I have the same puck for 14 years. I looked at it and there is some minor (very) scuffing to it but nothing that would make me swap it out.

3 months later
    #1653 4 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

My guess is that the answer is yes. However, it's not just as simple as buying those boards. You'd need wiring harnesses, etc. By the time you add up all that expense (regular version + $1k in parts at least) you'd probably be better off just selling you current one and buying a new one.

Yeah agree with your logic but there's always some circumstances that make it worth while for some. I have a 2005 Limited Edition Super Chexx (#99 of 100 made) that I prefer not to part with but wouldn't mind adding the update scoreboard to it.

1 month later
    #1667 4 years ago
    Quoted from GameGuy1976:

Hi all. I have a SuperChexx NHL version Oilers vs. Flames (not Pro).
    I found an Edmonton Oilers decal that is 9” in diameter so I stuck it in the middle of the ice for a custom look. It fits great and cutting the slots were easier than I thought.
    The decal surface is a little less slippery than the ice. On fast passes or shots, no problem. During a slow pass, the puck noticeably slows down a little.
    Is there a substance anyone knows that can buff into the decal to speed it up a little? Perhaps as the decal wears from the puck repeatedly sliding over it will smooth it out.
    Can anyone who has used a foreign decal on a SuperChexx ice sheet offer any advice?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Take a Carnauba Car Wax and wax the decal. Issue is the wax doesn't last a long time but it will make a big difference.

1 month later
    #1698 4 years ago
    Quoted from OTTOgd:

Although I quit over 10 years ago, I'm re-making the chrome cigarette decals for my '83 Chexx. [quoted image]

If you make extras sure people would buy them. I might even be interested even though they weren't originally on my machine.

Curious if anyone knows what year they ceased adding these decals to the machine. I purchased my 2005 LE machine new and they were not on it so sometime before 2005 they stopped.

#1702 4 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I would recommend the Stanley cup champions, St. Louis Blues!!!!!

Let's hope the Blues can do better then the Caps did after their Cup win.

2 weeks later
    #1741 4 years ago
    Quoted from neverahighscore:

Yes, it is correct. I have a 29" door with a thin wood trim that brings the door opening to 28 1/2"-28 3/4'. I took the top off the base. I then put the base on it's side with the wider(bottom) going thru the door first. Once thru the door, I curved the base towards the open wall and continued until the base was in. Not sure if you tried it this way but it does work.
    [quoted image]

Agree, done the same thing!

Now as for the Molson Neon Hockey Mask..... a must for the Bubble Boy game! I have the red and white version. Still looking for the Bud Light Penguins version, even though it has the Pigeon logo on it!

1 week later
    #1798 4 years ago
    Quoted from Heisenberg:

hahaha, Man you jumped on that a lot quicker than I thought someone would. I don't give in into political correctness and what the masses say is right or wrong. Quite frankly I'm fed up with it all. I go by my own code of what is or what isn't. But to each his own. As long as you like Bubble Hockey you're ok in my book.

How many more years of losing will it take for Philly fans to realize Kate singing GBA had absolutely nothing to do with them winning the Cup? Or do you just keep playing it every year till they do win so people can say "see it was her singing that brought us the luck"

Great job on the audio clips though. Her singing GBA is a lot better then what comes with the game. The clips you added, are they only heard when you press the Boo button or do you have something for when, for example, you shoot on goal (the norm is the crowd awe) do you have something in place of that?

#1804 4 years ago
    Quoted from Heisenberg:

I don't know about that one man. So its not possible that the Flyers got a little extra inspiration from hearing Kate sing and played just a little harder or with more passion? That's almost saying the same thing as there is no such thing as momentum swings or playing for a purpose other than just the game. The night Brett Farve's father died he had one of the greatest games of his life. And partly because his players played harder for him. Or what about when Buster Douglas knocked out the invincible Iron Mike Tyson. Buster dedicated that fight before he stepped into the ring to his mother who had passed away that week. No way man, I disagree that and think that the Flyers got that extra juice from Kate. It happens all the time and in every facet of like. But as far as luck and superstition, thats not my thing and I dont believe in that.

Farve and Buster's situation completely different as they had someone close to them that died so yeah I can see them drawing from that. Someone singing the NA or GBA ....... willing to bet that if you ask players about whether they draw inspiration from the singer they will advise that they don't even hear the singer as they're focusing on the game. No big deal as it's just an opinion and mine at that, which is worth less then me giving my 2 cents worth

Quoted from Heisenberg:

So now that we got that nonsense out of the way, unfortunately those boo button sound bites cant be controlled and play randomly. So if you're playing on my table and are the Pens and you hit the boo button, you may end up booing yourself. lol But thats part of the disadvantage of being those stinkin' Pens on my table..

Good to know but I look at it this way ..... you found away to get to this point so either you or someone else will come along, eventually, and figure out how to take it to the next step.

Thanks for the info

NEWS FLASH: Mike Babcock fired

2 weeks later
    #1822 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

How about someone getting mad because they lost and throwing a beer can at it?

That is an unsportsmanlike penalty and the thrower of the can needs to give up a goal!

1 month later
    #2095 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gtk77:

Hello everyone, I’m considering buying a super chexx that someone’s selling for $600. He said nothing works electronically. I have attached pics to review. Any help on what it may take to get working and if it’s worth buying is much appreciated.
    Thanks[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Apologies for the late post been out of town...... nonetheless this Chexx you posted about few weeks ago appears to be one of the 2005 Limited Edition games that they made 100 of. It appears someone put a Islanders decal on it as I don't think that was an option back then. Also, I never seen one without the coin door. As another poster said, for the money you should grab it if it's still available.

#2104 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I want with the black,it was a tough decision, because the red looks nice too.

I think black looks better but it does show off the dust!

Congrats on the purchase. It’s a great game.

#2128 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vikingatheart:

Guys - game arrived yesterday and we love it!!
    One question though... I thought someone commented on this in the thread but I can’t find it.
    When you press the “Boo” button each time you hear the clicking sound as if it’s also trying to eject it every time. Is that normal?

YES it's normal, as others posted, and the reason it's normal is .... at some point you will see the puck eject for a faceoff and go right back in as well as during play there's a chance of the puck falling into the slot. By the BOO button being hooked up to the eject coil it allows for players to hit the BOO button and eject the puck in instances that I described. Also, at the beginning of the game as well as after a goal is scored you can hit the BOO button to eject the puck quicker then if you just wait for the game to do it. By doing this you can try to throw off your opponent!

Enjoy the game!

1 week later
    #2161 4 years ago

2 months later
    #2299 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Yeah I ordered 5 pucks for extras right before the shutdown. Never sent. Hopefully the one puck I have lasts awhile. eBay has them but no way paying 12 bucks each. I find the pucks take a beating.

Holy macarol I have the same pick since 2005. In home environment 5 pucks should last a few generations

2 months later
    #2359 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Does anyone know where I can try one of these games out in my area?

Just a thought ... reach out to a local vendor/distributor and ask where you can find one on location. Most vendors have them on location.

Also, a good place to check is at local ice rinks as Chexx are common in places where ice hockey is played (problem is they're prob closed).

2 months later
    #2548 3 years ago

Anyone looking to buy a new Chexx. Try using code MJNG9890 to save 50$ On ICE’s site.

The Miracle Limited Edition is like the LE they did back in 2005. At the time Chexx was never sold with a black base. They released 100 black base games with a small plaque on the scoreboard with the number of the game and on the sides of the base had a large plastic badge that said SPECIAL EDITION SUPER CHEXX 2005.

IMG_1994 (resized).JPGIMG_1994 (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #2575 3 years ago
    Quoted from slcpinball:

Recently joined the club. They rarely pop up for sale in Utah.
    Thought I’d share a tech tip/experiment. The ice surface in the game was warped in a decent-sized area. I figured I might be buying new ice anyways, so I’d try fix it with a heat gun and weights. It didn’t work, even lightly applying heat made it worse and attempting to heat more and put weights on it only got worse, the weights did nothing. Given time to cool the ice returned to its previous but warped state. So for now to at least temporarily fix the issue I’ve put double-sided tape in a number of problem spots on top of the rails. So far so good, but I have doubts about it for the long term.

Not sure if it's still hot enough in Utah but if you get a 90+ degree day take it out in the sun and put it between two pieces of glass with some weigh on top. The sun will make it soft enough and the weight will flatten it back out. This is a great way to flatten and pinball playfield plastics as well!

1 month later
    #2601 3 years ago
    Quoted from theadicts77:

Can anyone tell me what era this is from? Found it for ledd than 1k which is an absolute steal considering how few ever made it over the pond... Can't wait for it to arrive and to mod it, although i am stunned how much the upgrade kits cost
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Not sure I would mod it out. Get some Novus to clean the dome, clean the surface and Pledge it then play the hell out of it for awhile. As much as I love the game it isn't for everyone so make sure you like it first. Say 6 months down the road you still like it, look at mod-ing it then as it will bring new life into it and the upgrade kits might come down in price or you may find one on secondary market! IF you do decide to buy the upgrade kit get someone in the States to purchase it for you and then ship it to you as a gift so you don't ...... well you know.

1 year later
    #2874 2 years ago

In the NHL, when a player gets the puck in the crease right in front of the goalie….do all the defending players stop and let him take his time to set up a perfect shot? Do they stand there and say ‘hurry up, shoot!’?
    No! They hit him and poke check him and try to dislodge the puck from his stick. Thus, shaking the goalie and bouncing the puck on the ice surface shall be permitted.

The only exception to this is .... if you have a custom machine that has the Pittsburgh Penguins and Kris LeTang is one of your Defensemen then you're not permitted to shake the goalie. you're to sit and watch what the offense does just like Kris would do!

2 months later
    3 months later
    #2914 1 year ago
    Quoted from ExportZ:

Would like opinions on the "skated on" ice surface.
    Worth it?
    Which do you prefer, classic or skated?
    Thanks

If I were buying new or had to replace my surface I would go with the skated, unless there was an upcharge for it. I wouldn't swap out for the skated surface if there were no issues with my existing surface.

#2916 1 year ago
    Quoted from ExportZ:

It's 200$ more for the skated surface.

That's rough! I like the skated surface and, again, if I were buying new I'd consider it but 200$ for something completely cosmetic is tough. Already spending over 3k what's 200$

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mesz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey?tu=mesz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.