Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,114 posts
  • 431 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by GRB1959
  • Topic is favorited by 157 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Super Chexx Service Manual - Page 7.pdf (PDF preview)
    sc (resized).jpg
    IMG_0245 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0246 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0244 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0241 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20231121_223429875.jpg
    AIwr.gif
    20230402_121006 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231007_154725659 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0081 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0043 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0042 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0041 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdubbbs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#82 10 years ago

I bought aftermarket players for my machine. I dont feel the need to paint the cabinet or anything else other then the players. No more USA Canada for me, both sets will be sandblasted and repainted different teams. I know i am getting the red Wings, dont know the other team though, the wife made the order an they are wrapped under the tree. I do know that the other set in the box is not Toronto, due to white jerseys, they will be the first set painted.

124.JPG124.JPG 129.JPG129.JPG
    2 weeks later
    #85 10 years ago

Had some custom decals made up for mine, heres a look. Also have the center ice logo for Joe Louis Arena coming with the order. Few more parts and i can start a restoration.

** Edited, wrong picture **

Dasher - Home Goal Side - John.jpgDasher - Home Goal Side - John.jpg
    #89 10 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

Nice work! I love how you included pinball companies!

Spencer, not my work, i found the logos and am letting someone else size and print them out in a high gloss durable sticker. I only used a few that are actually on the dasher boards, and i added some Dubbbs flavor. Other strip will be shown when installed

#92 10 years ago
    Quoted from loanguy7171973:

I would love to find one of these. Unfortunately they are $1600+ around me for some reason.

Thats around the market price, give or take a few hundy..... remember, these games have been in production since the 80's, still available new, and most people buy them for keeps.

1 month later
    #102 10 years ago

Many have ask where i bought my jumbotron for above my chexx, so i did some looking, found these.

First item is a jumbotron scoreboard octogon

ebay.com link: sch

Second link below is the one like mine.

ebay.com link: sch

When mine was bought, it was used, and i had to snipe it. They now seem to be available for some teams, including the one i bought. These look great in the gameroom, but put a reflection on the dome, thus i put a piece of cardboard in, looks great.

Post edited by moderator: forgot the picture

129.JPG129.JPG
    #110 10 years ago

Maybe Robin will give us a sub form for super chexx, i would bet quite a few pinside members have them. Kinda like gameroom bling

Quoted from Mudflaps:

I never wanted one of these things until I read this thread.

I chit you not, gets more plays then the pins at every party except the pinball guys, then it becomes a great coat hanger.

#114 10 years ago
    Quoted from Steve-in-CT:

If anyone knows of a place to get players painted, please post it. I have no artistic talent.
    Steve

ebay.com link: Super Chexx Bubble Hockey Custom Player Painting and Game Decaling

#119 10 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Yeah, it's $100 for all the players + goalie through chexx. Totally the way to go.

Quality is lacking though, really disappointed with my purchase. The stickers they use dont match the color of the players, thus sticking out. If you want quality, go with the ebay link, if your like me and just dont care, ice players look good for what they are worth and a hell of alot cheaper.

Say Taylor, how bout changing the title of this thread, super chexx owners

#126 10 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

For $100 it's hard to complain, the funniest part of about the custom player guys is that he charges $120 just to provide base players for customization, more than it costs to get a whole team already painted directly from ICE.

I have talked to this man, and he buys his parts directly from chexx. For a new set of players @ $15.95 each comes to around $95 plus their shipping policy comes into play ( $50 for shipping and a refund back for overcharge of shipping). I dont think he is making a killing on them, but compensation from making and waiting for the order all takes time. He also has to bead blast every player so the paint sticks to the pieces.

I honestly cant believe theres only a $5 mark up on these from the factory which for me made it a no brainer to grab a set no matter what the quality. When its all said and done, the only person who notices the lack of quality is the owner of the game, as the guest playing it only love the fact that their team is in the game and will never see past that.

#128 10 years ago

We talked about the numbers, he basically makes a sticker and clears it onto the players. I dont think he is willing to sell the numbers as a service as it will kill his painting services, you can ask but thats what ive got from his conversation. He did offer to do the numbers on chexx supplied players, but due to cost, i declined.

As a hockey fan and a Red Wings fan, how could i choose only 6 players....... Old school, current, history ect ect ect. Numbers could be a bigger pain in the ass. Original six guys have tough choices compared to the expansion years.

I do plan on having multiple teams, and the only way i could afford them is to not customize them any more then what ICE does at the factory.

2 weeks later
    #139 10 years ago
    Quoted from galaxian:

Picked up a 1983 chexx. Looking for a bunch of parts. Guys, gears, beerings, dome, ice... PM me the good news of what extra parts you have.

icegame.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdubbbs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey?tu=jdubbbs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.