Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,114 posts
  • 431 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by GRB1959
  • Topic is favorited by 157 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Super Chexx Service Manual - Page 7.pdf (PDF preview)
    sc (resized).jpg
    IMG_0245 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0246 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0244 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0241 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20231121_223429875.jpg
    AIwr.gif
    20230402_121006 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231007_154725659 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0081 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0043 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0042 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0041 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jaydee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1681 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im thinking real hard about joining this club. To all the people who own one of these i want you to please be be straight up, is bubble hockey really a lot of fun and do you recommend buying one? I wont lie, I’ve never played one but they are beautiful and they look like they could be lots of fun. Are they fun with two people? More fun with four people? Right now im sick of all the playfield issues in pinball and im thinking this might be a cool addition to my game room, but i only want it if its fun and if it will get played and enjoyed by me and my guest.

Let me first say I don’t have one, BUT I’ve been played these things for many many years and have a couple friends that have one. These games suck people in like a magnet. Probably because it doesn’t look intimidating. Smack the puck around and try to score. The competition during play is awesome. Adults, kids and everyone in between will get amped up. Only downfall is you always need a competitor to play. The more you play the more you learn skills and techniques and if your buddies are up to that level also, the shit talking really gets going.

#1683 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I’ve got one on location at my local brewery. It earns well. It’s definitely for 4 players, really hard to play with 2 people. If you have a few friends over, it’s fun! I bought a nice used chexx for $1500. Definitely a good bang for the buck compared to a pin[quoted image]

Two player is awesome when you get good at it. The gameplay is less erratic because it boils down to skill and strategy instead of chance and luck slapping the puck around. But it’s the fact that you can just slap the puck around and win that sucks people to the game. It’s such an awesome staple for any game room, rec room, or bar.

3 weeks later
    #1721 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I dont really have a favorite hockey team so I'm having trouble deciding on teams. I do however like the looks of the miracle on ice version. Just wondering what your guys thoughts are on that version?
    Also I think I'm going to go with the split base. I assume that you can see a crack where the base is split, especially with the red base. Just curious how noticeable that is and does it look like crap? Dumb questions I know but I'm close to pulling the trigger on one of these and I want to do the right things. Thanks.

According to their specs you would only need a split base for doorways less than 32”

#1730 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

What do you mean remove the top from the base, isnt the base all one piece?

He’s referring to the bubble part. The whole game is basically two parts. The base and the playfield/bubble

1 week later
    #1765 4 years ago
    Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Anyone know why the collegiate version starts at a significantly higher price, $4,495, than the rest of the versions on Ice's website? Winter Classic is next highest at $3,795.

I’m sure it’s because of the licensing fees and royalties per unit sale of the machines. College licensing is not cheap at all. I know this first hand

#1768 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have been to a ECHL game which I know is nowhere near the same as NHL games. I did look into tickets for the Blue Jackets and I almost fainted at the ticket prices. They are like 48 dollars up to 430 dollars. Are seats generally decent in the upper level? If not I will probably never get to attend a NHL game. The middle section tickets are like 150 each I think but then I think you also have to tack on about 30 bucks each ticket for fees. It seems to be extremely expensive.

Upper seats are not that bad actually, especially if you are not at the ends. You can see the plays being setup and have a good view of the entire ice. I’ve sat pretty much everywhere and I personally can’t stand sitting close to the boards on the floor and they are the most expensive seats. You can’t see shit if the action is on your side of the ice. I’d say go for it and get upper decks seats for your first game. Hockey arenas are not that big so you are never really that far away for viewing

#1784 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just ordered my new Miracle on Ice Super Chexx Pro! Its suppose to be 2-3 weeks waiting period.......thats pure torture there now! For anyone interested they finally have the one year same as cash financing offer up on their website.
    All i can say is BRING HOME THE DOME BOYS!

Congrats! You finally pulled the trigger!

#1786 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thanks JayDee, I'm very excited about it. That damn Multiballmaniac guy talked me into getting one. Hes a bad influence!

I know you had your mind made up awhile ago that you were getting this thing. I was more curious to see which theme you were finally going to go with.

2 weeks later
    #1828 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I did get the LED option. PrownPin sent me a video and it looks pretty cool. Not a must have or anything but i just figured worse case scenario Is if i dont like them i could turn them off. Definitely not a must have but they may look nice and light the room up and give it some color.

How many more sleeps before you’re living life inside the bubble? Actually you’re probably counting the minutes by now

#1831 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

If the ice on my playfield starts chipping im going to be pissed!
    What the heck is a tornado table PW?

Foosball

#1842 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

This concerns me as well because ive heard a lot of people say this. I dont think it will be a problem dor me because im only like 5’ 7” but i have some tall friends, one being 6’ 7” and they really do have back problems. I hope they can play it without it killing their backs too bad but it sounds like it might be a problem for them.

It's super easy to build and paint something that would be unnoticeable as an add on. My problem (reason I haven't bought one yet) is that I'm trying to design a WHOLE base that looks like furniture that the entire bubble/playfield will sit on. It will fit the décor of my gameroom/house much nicer than a colored plastic base. Yeah, I'm a little bit of a perfectionist.

1 week later
    #1880 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Got my game yesterday and it is absolutely beautiful. Me and my buddy put it together and fired it up and I think we.played the most boring and slowest bubble hockey match ever lol. Man did we suck lol. It's not fun when you suck that bad. The good news is you start improving quickly and once you do it is a total blast.
    I really love this thing and I can tell already that it was a great purchase..I cant wait to get a group of friends over and really get some good matches going, it's going to be awesome. Took a fee pics before work that arent very good. I'll take more later. Oh yeah and this game is freakin HUGE lol. Holy crap does it take up some space in my little basement.
    .[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats on the game! But I couldn’t help but notice, are you watching some sort of stiga table hockey tournament on the tv?
    That looks like something you would see on ESPN 8, the ocho!

#1916 4 years ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I had the same issue. The game was too low for my 6'1" height so I had a base built to raise my game 4" and it's much better now. I added LED lighting around the bottom of the base as well as to the underside of the top. It adds a nice glow to the game and you can adjust the colors as well as have some strobe and fade effects.
    I still have to add something to diffuse the LED lights around the base of the game so I can't see the individual LED lights. Anyone have a suggestion for a material that might help to diffuse the LED lights around the base?
    QSS[quoted image][quoted image]

Search light ribbon channel. The lens should block out the individual lights and create a uniform look. Here’s an example. Any electrical supply house should have it also. Just cut to desired length but you will need to remove your current lights and remount inside the channel.
    Btw, the lights look awesome. Nice touch

72F7FACA-4E97-443F-9D4F-2392873819E4 (resized).png72F7FACA-4E97-443F-9D4F-2392873819E4 (resized).png
    2 weeks later
    #2060 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have several players who's sticks scrape the ice a little bit also. I just kind of figured that was normal?

https://www.icegame.com/images/document/6c1f86a8-b5e0-401e-a69b-c326b0a9fd95/player%20shaft%20service%20document.pdf

#2083 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

You will need a square head screw driver.

What size? #1 or #2?

1 month later
    #2256 4 years ago
    Quoted from BENETNATH:

Hello,
    I'm in France and looking for a superchexx

I’m not sure of their shipping costs, but the best route to take in getting a game is to contact them directly https://www.bringhomethedome.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkuOf7aP65wIVkobACh2mCATuEAAYASAAEgLB4vD_BwE

5 months later
    #2398 3 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I got the miracle on ice version and I love it. A Super Chexx is q beautiful addition to your game room and they are loaded of fun.

Yours still holding up well? How much play time does it get now that the honeymoon phase is over?

#2401 3 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I haven't played mine a ton because I dont have anyone to play with unless I have friends over and covid has put a damper on that some but I don't have any reason to believe that it wont hold up because it seems to be very high quality.
    You would have to ask someone else about if it continues to be fun after the honeymoon phase but so far everytimski have played mine I have always had a good time. I would be surprised if I ever regret purchasing it.

I didn’t mean it wasn’t fun after the honeymoon or implying that you will be bored with it. I was wondering how much action it got. I remember you having to fix something but that was it. Didn’t you get it last winter? I was just wondering how it’s holding up. I’m sure there has been some intense, aggressive games.

5 months later
    #2626 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

[quoted image][quoted image]

The new ice sheet looks good but I have to ask, what’s with the stick on the edge?

1 week later
    #2633 3 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

A few of my player's sticks do not make 100% contact with the puck at all (the stick rotates above the puck.)
    It looks like the plastic stick is not straight along the playfield surface at the furthest end of the stick from the character.
    Is the best solution to completely replace the player, or is there another recommended fix for straightening the stick to be perfectly level along the surface to avoid dead spots?

https://www.icegame.com/images/document/6c1f86a8-b5e0-401e-a69b-c326b0a9fd95/player%20shaft%20service%20document.pdf

2 months later
    #2687 2 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Has anyone done this with a super chexx?

Wow, that’s hardcore! I love it

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jaydee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey?tu=jaydee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.