Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,108 posts
  • 429 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Shaker
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sc (resized).jpg
    IMG_0245 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0246 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0244 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0241 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20231121_223429875.jpg
    AIwr.gif
    20230402_121006 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231007_154725659 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0081 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0043 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0042 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0041 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SeaLawyer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#175 9 years ago
    Quoted from ChadNC:

Links are no good anymore . Just ebay

The jumbotrons are made by IAX. Do an eBay search for "IAX NHL" and you'll find them. They also make an octagon one which looks cool, but for Joe Louis Arena, the square one is more authentic. Go Wings!!

3 years later
    #879 6 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I can’t wait until someone gets one! Please post video and thoughts on it!

Ditto. Can’t believe ICE doesn’t have videos up yet!

#891 6 years ago

I can’t believe they’d post videos without audio. Honestly, the videos turned me completely off of upgrading. I’m quite certain if you order an NHL team-specific game, the animations are still the generic players. I thought the animations were cheesy. Even if the sound were AMAZING, it’s not worth it. I could add my own sound clips if I REALLY wanted to, for not that much money. I also saw where someone added their own JUMBOTRON. I’ll just continue modding mine, rather than sink a bunch of money into a new one with cheesy features. JMHO.

#898 6 years ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

I have one working in these two videos to do goal horns.

Quoted from taylor34:

It sounds like you did the same thing to your chexx that I did here to my foosball:

Bloody brilliant, both of you!!

I have a pre-announcer SC. Would LOVE to add some Gary Thorne or Rick Lange call audio!

#900 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

You could probably mount sensors under the playfield so when the puck travels over that section a specific clip is played. That would probably give it a bit of a randomized feeling to the callouts.

Yeh, even if it was just the "Heeeee shoots, he scores" line and a few other randomized goal clips that activate with the goal buzzer, that'd be awesome. What you're describing might require some kind of metal or sensor in the puck, don't you think? Unless I re-did the playfield with a one-way mirror that sensors could see through... Hmmm... I'd LOVE to do even more (like some sort of on-the-fly, spliced-clip play calling, similar to what the AI does in EA sports NHL games). SO MANY possibilities.

1 week later
    #915 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Still waiting on a few parts, but I'm starting to create some goal horns. The first is just the 3.5 second horn. The others are the horn plus a bit of music. I figured the music would work both as a celebration song and face off song. After about 20 seconds it fades out. Let me know if you have some suggestions for other songs. They are pretty easy to do.
    Goal Horn (Horn Only):
    » YouTube video
    Goal Horn (Joker and the Theif):
    » YouTube video
    Goal Horn (Kernkraft 400):
    » YouTube video
    Goal Horn (Chelsea Dagger):
    » YouTube video
    Goal Horn (Thunderstruck:
    » YouTube video
    Goal Horn (Oiler's Song):
    » YouTube video
    Goal Horn (Our House):
    » YouTube video
    PS: Anyone know the title of that "Oiler's Song"?

Well done! Especially like "Joker and the Thief" and "Kernkraft 400". What about "7 Nation Army"? What will actually play the sound? Something wired into the same speakers?

2 months later
    #1155 6 years ago
    Quoted from Requis:

Adding I love the use of LED's and some of the commentary changes...the Videos in the LCD are pretty lame...(use of Chexx Graphic players in video format) I'm hoping to hack mine at some point with better video clips and will try and introduce a good boo Sound bite if I can find the right format and sound file.
    I think I read earlier in this thread that some other folks are looking to do the same, granted may have been on another forum, just haven't had a chance to explore this further as we have been too busy playing everything that came into the finnished game room over the holidays.... I wonder if we should start a Super Chexx pro Mod thread...would that make sense?
    I saw some amazing Don Cherry and Ron Maclean Video Clips that would be AMAZING in Lieu of the SCP lamo Video clips....buts thats just me maybe we should also do a poll on who likes the new Super Chexx pro Video clips as well...Arguably very Cheesey, but hey I'm sure someone likes em. My Kids laughed at them and called them nasty Graphics given current technology. Certainly not what would be expected on a price tag for this type of product... ( getting off soap Box) sorry Guys lol.
    Cheers,
    Requis

I was SERIOUSLY considering upgrading until I saw the cheesy videos... Very disappointing compared to what they could have done with just a little extra effort.

#1159 6 years ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Totally respect your opinion. We love the videos at my house (never owned the older model) because they go perfectly with my generic players. I hope people who are considering the basic, generic pro will see them in the context of the faceless red vs blue on the ice. It really works.

To each his own. I was always planning to upgrade my players to numbers/names on their jerseys, but when I heard of the pending release of the pro, I decided to wait. So, the generic nature of the video (which isn’t even matched to teams if you pay the SIGNIFICANT upgrade cost for a team-specific edition) is a huge detractor for me. However, if I can swap the video as Requis suggests, I’d drop the dough on a Wings/Leafs edition in a second! Otherwise, I’ll just get a couple of matching LCD’s and build it myself. Not that hard to do. If they deliberately made it easy to swap out the video, knowing many wouldn’t like the generic, but not being able to easily solve it commercially, due to licensing issues/costs, then hats off to them!

#1167 6 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Joined the club today. SuperChexxPro added to an already stuffed game room. But it looks right at home. Shipped in some big-assed boxes, fortunately my game room has a 44 in. wide entrance door. Monster!

Are you looking to adopt???

1 month later
    #1225 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Yeah, I don't totally mind that. It kind of give the feeling that it's a timeless matchup.
    Goalies...I might still try to do some type of design on the masks, but perhaps it would be easier to just print out some really small decals.

Those look awesome!

4 months later
    #1385 5 years ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

I finally figured out how to put logos on original chexx pucks.
    Here are directions if anyone wants to try it.
    http://chexxfan.proboards.com/thread/1505/adding-custom-logos-chexx-pucks
    [quoted image]

Nice work!!

3 months later
    #1439 5 years ago

Anyone ever buy anything from here?

https://chexxmods.com

#1445 5 years ago
    A77E54DE-443F-4A69-89DF-50ACD305A9B9 (resized).jpegA77E54DE-443F-4A69-89DF-50ACD305A9B9 (resized).jpeg
    4 months later
    #1570 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I know this is the Chexx thread but has anyone played KIXX? I did at Amusement Expo this past week and thought it was a blast. Also thought it played so much different than Chexx that it was worth having both.
    [quoted image]

I'd love to have one, but never played one or seen one anywhere.

1 week later
    #1596 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hv9200:

I thought it was typo, jumped right on it. Works great...now i need to find out whereto place it and how to make it more movie themed
    [quoted image]

Any chance you're looking to adopt??

1 month later
    #1614 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

New Kixx made its way to Starport! Much improved from the previous versions.[quoted image]

So glad they brought that back. With its worldwide appeal, I’m surprised it didn’t happen sooner!

5 months later
    #1716 4 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Next rev of the cup holder for those who were interested. Upgraded the material, made it stronger, added some text. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! Can you do custom colors and text??

1 month later
    #1838 4 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm surprised there isn't an official riser for these, yet. They kill my back after playing a few games.

Agree 10000%. I'm only 6' tall, but I can't play for more than 15 minutes without spasming. And I don't have back issues... Needs to come up a good 4" at least.

1 week later
    #1933 4 years ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I had the same issue. The game was too low for my 6'1" height so I had a base built to raise my game 4" and it's much better now. I added LED lighting around the bottom of the base as well as to the underside of the top. It adds a nice glow to the game and you can adjust the colors as well as have some strobe and fade effects.
    I still have to add something to diffuse the LED lights around the base of the game so I can't see the individual LED lights. Anyone have a suggestion for a material that might help to diffuse the LED lights around the base?
    QSS[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, that looks AMAZING!! More details, please!

10 months later
    #2594 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jeks:

Hi everyone! 6'2" here and getting some of the back issues others have mentioned. Can anyone recommend someone that might be able to build and ship a custom riser platform?
    I've seen a few custom builds by owners on this thread and will reach out directly, just curious if there's a go to company/person others have used. Thanks!

5' 11 5/8" here, and I can't play mine for more than 10 minutes without cramping up... Definitely need at least 3" of rise. I wish Ice offered this. I don't want diamond plate. And I'd want the base secured to it, so that it's like one piece. Molded plastic like the base, would probably be best...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SeaLawyer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey?tu=SeaLawyer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.