Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,114 posts
  • 431 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by GRB1959
  • Topic is favorited by 157 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Super Chexx Service Manual - Page 7.pdf (PDF preview)
    sc (resized).jpg
    IMG_0245 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0246 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0244 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0241 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20231121_223429875.jpg
    AIwr.gif
    20230402_121006 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231007_154725659 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0081 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0043 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0042 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0041 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider QuickSilverShelby.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#125 10 years ago
    Quoted from DJSLYKE:

Bump for an awesome game! I don't know if I would ever sell mine. I put a lot of hours into this bad boy and I still have some more things I want to design for it. I changed it to the 97' Penguins vs 2010 Blackhawks.

IMG_0452.JPG 1.8 MB

IMG_0453.JPG 1.6 MB

IMG_0454.JPG 1.6 MB

DJSLYKE how did you get the paint scheme on the base of your game? Did you paint it yourself and if so, what kind of prep and paint did you use? Is it fairly durable?

I'd like to paint mine and I would like any pointers can get. Thanks.

QSS

#132 10 years ago
    Quoted from DJSLYKE:

Just do it yourself, I had a lot of fun doing the players. I might even do some more in the future, just so I can rotate the roster.

Steve

IMG_0050.JPG 154 KB

IMG_0062.JPG 183 KB

How did you prep your players? Did you bead blast them to strip off the old paint or just paint right over the existing paint? Did you print off the letters and players names and overlay them on top of your paint? What kind of paint did you use?

Sorry for all the questions, I've been thinking of doing this myself and since I am far from an artist, any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

QSS

1 year later
    #345 8 years ago

How did you do the blue lighting that lights downwards on the game? I assume that you used LED or something like that but how did you tie it into the power supply. It's very cool.

QSS

2 years later
    #1364 5 years ago

Anybody have an extra key for their game they wouldn't mind sending me? The short version of the story is my daughter had a party one night and my game keys went missing . I had copies for all my pins but for some reason no copy for Super Chexx.

I'm looking for the A17 key and the A11 key that unlocks the cash box door.

Will grovel for keys

QSS

20180724_081215 (resized).jpg20180724_081215 (resized).jpg20180724_081228 (resized).jpg20180724_081228 (resized).jpg

#1367 5 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Drill drill drill drill!

Although that sounds like an awesome project that's exactly what I didn't want to do. Maybe I should get her to drill them out

QSS

#1368 5 years ago
    Quoted from thall17:

You can take the game apart and access the door from behind......beats drilling in my opinion

I'm not sure you can do that? Even if I pull the playfield/dome off, the door to the cash box is still locked and I don't think you can access it from inside. I may be wrong.

QSS

#1369 5 years ago

Just got off the Chexx site and it says all games are keyed differently and that you can't buy replacement keys. Shit!

I'll pull the dome/playfield off this weekend and see if I can get both box's opened this weekend.

QSS

#1371 5 years ago

Thanks for the link. Very interesting. If I can't access the locks from under the playfield I'll order these and see if they work.

Amazing, the shit you can find on line. Thanks for the link Chitownpinball.

QSS

#1377 5 years ago

Got going on getting my coin doors open due to lost keys.

Playfield bolts off and playfield ready to remove.

20180726_194127 (resized).jpg20180726_194127 (resized).jpg20180726_194626 (resized).jpg20180726_194626 (resized).jpg
    #1378 5 years ago

Playfield off. I should really have my daughter helping me with this.

20180726_194856 (resized).jpg20180726_194856 (resized).jpg20180726_195425 (resized).jpg20180726_195425 (resized).jpg
    #1379 5 years ago

There's the cash box keys so that box can be easily opened.

20180726_195443 (resized).jpg20180726_195443 (resized).jpg
    #1380 5 years ago

While I'm doing this I'm thinking to myself:

"Damn teenage kids and their parties. Damn kids stealing my keys and I can't open my Super Chexx"

Then I think:

"What did you do with your second set of spare keys?"............"Oh yeah,that's right, I had a second set of spare keys"......"Maybe you should have gone and looked for those before you pulled the playfield off......dumbass"

#1381 5 years ago

Then I remember where I hid the second set of spare keys. DUH!

Hey the coin door box is now open with that second set of spare keys that I remember 2 minutes ago (getting old can be a troubling thing )

20180726_195746 (resized).jpg20180726_195746 (resized).jpg
    #1382 5 years ago

Just to be safe and counter the obvious "memory train wreck" as I roll into my senior years I'm gonna change the lock to the same lock that is on my pinball machines. I've got 20 of those keys laying around so there should always be a key somewhere.

20180726_200542 (resized).jpg20180726_200542 (resized).jpg
    #1383 5 years ago

All is good in the world and Super Chexx is fully accessible and my stress level is now reduced but just to be sure, I'm gonna take my medicine.

Damn kids!

20180726_202245 (resized).jpg20180726_202245 (resized).jpg

#1384 5 years ago

Now I'm thinking:

"Maybe I just misplaced my original keys and the kids may not have stolen my keys"

"Nawww.........gotta be the damn kids fault that the keys when missing. Gotta be"

QSS

#1387 5 years ago
    Quoted from roar:

Just noticed your location, it's not the kids, it's all that mountain air you live in, it has to be intoxicating. Canmore is one of the nicest places on earth I've ever been to.

You are correct my friend. It is really very sweet to live in Canmore. I'm always telling my wife and kids how lucky we are to live here and how fortunate we are.

That is when the kids friends aren't stealing my Super Chexx keys during a party

QSS

2 months later
    #1434 5 years ago

I've got a Super Chexx game that I'm looking to move. I bought the game brand new and it has been HOU its whole life. It's in perfect working order and in excellent shape.

Please see Market Place ad: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/70508

QSS

1 year later
    #1732 4 years ago
    Quoted from neverahighscore:

So I had a 28" door and was able to get the regular base thru. I didn't want the split base. You can remove the top from the base which is easy then get the base right thru the door on its side. Worked great and no issues.

Nope, that is not correct. You can not get the one piece base through a 28" door (2/4 door). You might have a 2/8 door but there is no way the one piece base fits through a 28" door.

I have a one piece base and it will not fit through a 30" (2/6) door. It will fit through at 32" (2/8) door though.

QSS

#1733 4 years ago

Dupe Post.

QSS

#1739 4 years ago

I wonder if there's variation in the base size over the years? I have a Super Chexx and went to put it in a show home. I am a custom home builder and I was staging a unit and I thought it would be fun to put the Super Chexx in. The door in the room I wanted to place the game had a 2/6 door (30" wide) and it wasn't going through. Even when you took the top off and flipped the base on its side in an attempt to maneuver it through as described above.

Believe me, I tried and it wasn't gonna go so I'm redesigning my next building to accommodate a Super Chexx. 2/8 (32") doors as required.

QSS

1 month later
    #1915 4 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm surprised there isn't an official riser for these, yet. They kill my back after playing a few games.

I had the same issue. The game was too low for my 6'1" height so I had a base built to raise my game 4" and it's much better now. I added LED lighting around the bottom of the base as well as to the underside of the top. It adds a nice glow to the game and you can adjust the colors as well as have some strobe and fade effects.

I still have to add something to diffuse the LED lights around the base of the game so I can't see the individual LED lights. Anyone have a suggestion for a material that might help to diffuse the LED lights around the base?

QSS

20191208_160621 (resized).jpg20191208_160621 (resized).jpg20191208_160654 (resized).jpg20191208_160654 (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #2229 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hockeey:

Yep, just got mine back in action tonight. My kid beat me 3 straight...so much fun

He beat you 3 straight!!?? You should take that kid out back and show him what a switch is. I'm talking old timers switch...... not younger generation switch

QSS

switch (resized).jpgswitch (resized).jpg
    1 year later
    #2646 3 years ago

I know a stripper that'll suck the paint off a pipe. Her name is Sauvignon Blanc, you could ask her for advise.

QSS

1 year later
    #2987 1 year ago

Just listed my Super Chexx Bubble Hockey game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/70508

I bought this game band new and it's huo and has always been in my house. It's a coin opp game and it's in mint shape.

$2,950 Canadian pesos which is $2,195 USD .

QSS

#2999 1 year ago

I updated my ad to include a shot of the internal timer/counter which shows a total of 11 hours of play time.

QSS

2 weeks later
    #3023 1 year ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Just listed my Super Chexx Bubble Hockey game.
    I bought this game band new and it's huo and has always been in my house. It's a coin opp game and it's in mint shape.
    $2,950 Canadian pesos which is $2,195 USD .
    QSS

Sold my Super Chexx locally on Kijiji but I still made a $5 contribution to Pinside for letting me advertise it here. Happy holidays Robin

I..... am...... awesome

QSS

9 months later
    #3069 6 months ago

If you separate the playfield/dome from the base, you'll have no problem lifting and moving the base around by yourself. The playfield/dome are definitely awkward and it would be better if you had an extra set of hands to move that piece into your vehicle but I think you can still do it by yourself. I've moved mine around before when the two pieces were separated from each other.

QSS

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider QuickSilverShelby.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey?tu=QuickSilverShelby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.