Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,114 posts
  • 431 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 days ago by GRB1959
  • Topic is favorited by 157 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Super Chexx Service Manual - Page 7.pdf (PDF preview)
    sc (resized).jpg
    IMG_0245 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0246 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0244 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0241 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20231121_223429875.jpg
    AIwr.gif
    20230402_121006 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231007_154725659 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0081 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0043 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0042 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0041 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jackontherocks.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#97 10 years ago
    Quoted from DJSLYKE:

Bump for an awesome game! I don't know if I would ever sell mine. I put a lot of hours into this bad boy and I still have some more things I want to design for it. I changed it to the 97' Penguins vs 2010 Blackhawks. IMG_0452.JPG 1.8 MB IMG_0453.JPG 1.6 MB IMG_0454.JPG 1.6 MB

Watching pens game as I type this up. Love it let me know if find any players to switch move to pens as I do think I have the patience to paint mine.

#98 10 years ago

I have a similar version which is made by Halex, has glass boards and metal nets, NHL approved. Still fun and way less expensive and no maintenance issues. Had to get a pin bec can't play by myself and get my friends to play as I destroy them. Never lost a game since I owned it. Here is picture of my table.Also added picture of my table hockey that was my fathers. I remember playing this when I was young and is old for sure.

image-953.jpgimage-953.jpg image-472.jpgimage-472.jpg
    2 months later
    #136 10 years ago

Man these are pure fun. Showed up for my pin tournament and look what else was inside. I think I let my emotions get the best of me and enjoyed it to the max. Played better in bubble hockey tournament and took 1st compared to 18th in the pins. It must have thrown me off. Everyone who has a pin collection needs one for sure.

image-607.jpgimage-607.jpg image-275.jpgimage-275.jpg
    2 weeks later
    #154 10 years ago

Check out the one I have which is made by Halex and NHL sponsored. Way less and still extremely fun. Also you can have face offs in your own end, real metal goals and nets, and glass boards.

image-407.jpgimage-407.jpg
    #155 10 years ago
    Quoted from neverahighscore:

Bubble Heads this close to me(Warminster) and I don't even know it. I need to get out of my game room more often!-Joe

DSC04224.JPG 201 KB

DSC04202.JPG 260 KB

Since I am a pens fan I would think of that 66 as the one and only Super Mario when playing you.

4 months later
    #188 9 years ago
    Quoted from vilant:

Finished restoring my Super Chexx. Took me a while, as I was doing it off and for months. Here's some pics of the players before and after.

And the rest before and after

Can you tell what theme I went with

IMG_20140329_132038_987.jpg 121 KB

IMG_20140329_132032_103.jpg 119 KB

IMG_20140228_200958_375.jpg 148 KB

IMG_20140329_132129_561.jpg 140 KB

IMG_20140827_183911_814.jpg 131 KB

IMG_20140827_183920_608.jpg 142 KB

IMG_20140827_183932_412-967.jpg 132 KB

Nice make a set for your rival my team The Pens!

1 week later
    #204 9 years ago
    Quoted from Leachdude:

Just picked up my second Super Chexx yesterday. Missed the other one so I had to get one back.
    Home used since new, it is a 1996 build. It is not perfect but very nice. The sound has some issues I need to work out. When it is cold it turns on with garbage noise, then sounds like a motorcycle, then a siren gets louder and louder and then it stops and sound will work. Going to replace some caps and see if that fix's the issue. Unless someone else has a fix?
    USA vs Canada right now will soon be Red Wings vs TBD
    If if have Red Wings vs another team who did you choose and post some pictures please!
    Also the story behind this machine for you baseball fans. This was bought new from former MLB player and current coach, Kirk Gibson. I got it from Gibson's brother in law. Kind of a cool story to have with a cool item!

20140904_210735.jpg 151 KB

My Penguins!

1 month later
    #228 9 years ago
    Quoted from kid_ego:

For those of you who bought new NHL models and picked your teams, did you go with your home team's biggest rival, playoff/Stanley Cup matchup, or what?
    I'm going to buy a new one and am torn over team selection. If I choose the Blackhawks, I'm torn on whether to choose Detroit, Boston, Philidelphia, etc. as the opponent.
    Part of me wants a color that is much more distinct than the red Hawks players (i.e. and not go with the red and white Red Wings).
    Part of me wants to say screw it and go with the Miracle on Ice version.

I like biggest rival lately but Stanley Cup final is great too. On a side note nice way to lose tonight Pens to my rival the Wings.

4 months later
    #263 9 years ago

If they only could come to life like the Bubble boys Bud Light commercials

2 months later
    #332 8 years ago

I wish they would make a new version where you can control,the puck more or go behind the net like the old table top hockey games.

3 months later
    #346 8 years ago
    Quoted from BladeFury:

Lol just stumbled onto this topic and thought it was awesome as a kid and had to have one also...lot of searching but found an original 83 back about 5 years ago before I ever started buying pins. Love this game!image.jpeg image.jpeg

The guy on the left is going to need more space with his back against the pin if he was playing me, this is not a slow paced game for me, fast fast non stop action that will make your back hurt.

2 weeks later
    #353 8 years ago
    Quoted from VanillaIce:

Almost done building it image.jpg

Nice rivalry, what's up with our Pens this year?

1 month later
    #365 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballYeti:

Have you guys ever had an issue with the puck eject not being random enough? I've started to notice that the puck tends to generally fly up the same way alot times, which favors one team. I'm going to do a bunch of testing and see if my suspicions are correct...

I have noticed this when I played many games on recent new machine at someone's home

1 year later
    #954 6 years ago

They should have upgraded the goals to metal with nets. I like that mine has them on Halex version.

#972 6 years ago
    Quoted from Khabbi:

I played the new Ice Chexx Pro at IAPPA and we couldn't get the game to "BOOOO"! Has the booing been removed or was it disabled on that game? Just curious. The button was good for starting the game and bypassing the video when you wanted it as expected.

I hope the Boo and other calls are not removed, in fact I wish they added more sound bites to the game

#975 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bing_Party:

Ah we thought that last night. But we turned up the volume and it boos but not the same. Sounds more realistic and faint. If you turn it up a little bit more than the default you can here the jeering but it’s not the same as the prominent booing as older model, it sounds more realistic

Bummer someone needs to add them with a chip update or whatever can be done please

2 weeks later
    #1044 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tvpinballs:

On the new super chexx pro I only get the crowd noise when I hit the boo button? Did someone get offended and they had to change it??

I hope the boos are not out of the game and other stuff which I loved, wish they added more quotes and sayings but have not heard from anyone

2 weeks later
    #1086 6 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Super Chexx really shines when 3 players of equal skill get together. My favorite format is ce the
    3-MAN-RACE-TO-SEVEN
    * Rock, scissors, paper with odd man out sitting the first game
    * winner stays on. Loser sits. 3rd person rotates in
    * first player to win 7 games, wins the match
    * each player gets one “timeout” (often used to try and stop a players hot streak)
    Usually last about 30-45 minutes. Max playing time is about 75 minutes.
    What I’ve seen is when you get 4-5-6 or more players and only one bubble hockey table, people sit around alot waiting for the next game. Double elimination tournaments are best for larger groups. With a consolation prize given to the winner of the loser bracket to help keep folks interested. But in my book, the 3 man race is best...

How does the timeout work or apply since clock keeps running. Also just curious if people play once time has expanded the last puck until someone scores or stop once time has ended with current score. We always play it out for any delays if puck does not pop open immediately,etc for make up time.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jackontherocks.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey?tu=Jackontherocks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.