5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,671 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by shumard76
  • Topic is favorited by 91 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 474 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

83ToSuperChexx (resized).jpg
    806F793D-2550-493F-9E31-E06034DB398D (resized).jpeg
    30F4EC4C-5D92-4BEA-AF59-48EE562F3077 (resized).jpeg
    9E46F07B-91C0-4EFB-AFB4-9345B2118C89 (resized).jpeg
    IMG952756 (resized).jpg
    IMG952755 (resized).jpg
    IMG952769 (resized).jpg
    IMG952754 (resized).jpg
    IMG952768 (resized).jpg
    IMG952753 (resized).jpg
    IMG952763 (resized).jpg
    IMG952752 (resized).jpg
    IMG952751 (resized).jpg
    IMG952762 (resized).jpg
    IMG952750 (resized).jpg
    IMG952761 (resized).jpg

There are 1671 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 34.
    #301 4 years ago

Going to try some metal polish on a spot tonight. I read it works to take out big scratches.

#302 4 years ago

Super Chexx is a awesome. Mine is about 3 years old...tons of fun to play. I bought the standard edition and added some stickers to dress it up.

I'm wishing I had bought team painted figures. Although they chip so easily, perhaps it was best to go with standard.

Went out and bought NHL hockey pucks to use as coasters.

IMG_5291.JPGIMG_5293.JPG

#303 4 years ago

anyone tried to flame polish the dome?

#304 4 years ago

My dome has a huge scratch in it, so I'd be interested to see if any of these methods work.

#305 4 years ago

Such a great addition to a game room, pretty much a must have along with some pins, vids and megatough...I would say that this probably gets the most overall play besides my pool table.

#306 4 years ago

Last night I did some research on flame polishing, essentially taking a touch to plexiglass.

Got to the shop this morning and took an 1/8" piece of scrap we had and scratched it with a screw badly

image1.JPG

Then took the torch to it....

image2.JPG

Had to be careful not to over do it. But it worked really well. I'll try it tonight on a spot. I don't want to replace the dome

#307 4 years ago
    image.jpg image-433.jpg
    #308 4 years ago

well that looks a heck of a lot better!

#309 4 years ago

I recommend finding something to practice on before you take a torch to your dome, be an expensive mistake not to

#310 4 years ago

Very pleased with this

image.jpg

#311 4 years ago

Didn't work as well on the dome. Didn't really do anything of note. I'm sure I was afraid of melting it so I didn't go to crazy

#312 4 years ago

im thinking of getting one of these used. Ive never had one, but but a used one is up for sale at a ok price. Is there anything in particular to look for or check out when I go look at it? any parts that are prone to breaking? thanks for any info.

#313 4 years ago

How much are replacement domes? I'm interested in getting one but most of the used ones I've seen have some big time dome damage.

#314 4 years ago
    Quoted from sturner:

How much are replacement domes? I'm interested in getting one but most of the used ones I've seen have some big time dome damage.

I think they run 3-400

#315 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kahanaohana:

im thinking of getting one of these used. Ive never had one, but but a used one is up for sale at a ok price. Is there anything in particular to look for or check out when I go look at it? any parts that are prone to breaking? thanks for any info.

Here is a good guide
    http://www.pinrepair.com/arcade/chexx.htm

Depends if it is original or super chexx. If original, check that the sound works, each goal registers, look at the boards and verify they are not nasty. Also make sure the scoreboard works.

On the superchexx, make sure the same as above, but also the shots on goal works and the music for a goal is good. Otherwise it is quality of the ice, dome and players.

Quoted from sturner:

$307 from ICE
    http://www.icegame.com/p-24263-asy-dome-chexx.aspx

#316 4 years ago

Went to the Novus web page. There they sell a 3 step system for getting out heavy scratches. So I tried it today, the heavy scratch remover works to a point. It's not a miracle worker, but an improvement. I think if I did it multiple times there would be a vast improvement

#317 4 years ago

The problem is that when you decrease the thickness of the plastic at the scratches, it creates a lensing effect when you look through that area. Seriously, $300 plus shipping is a pretty good deal to get a brand new dome.

#318 4 years ago

Have you guys done anything to mitigate bounce-backs from the goal? It's happened three times to me in my last two games - puck hits the back of the goal "net" and bounces back into play. I'm thinking about sticking something like felt onto the inside of the goal to absorb some energy of the shot.

#319 4 years ago

Hmm, are the back of the nets warping? The theory is they should angle them into the hole beneath....but I could see if the puck was angled up, or the net was warped...

You could try a new net or puck I suppose.... maybe someone with more knowledge will throw some learning our way!

I do like this mod.... Actual net
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Intro-64/

#320 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballYeti:

Have you guys done anything to mitigate bounce-backs from the goal? It's happened three times to me in my last two games - puck hits the back of the goal "net" and bounces back into play. I'm thinking about sticking something like felt onto the inside of the goal to absorb some energy of the shot.

Does your game have the net curtain installed?

http://www.icegame.com/p-24265-net-curtain.aspx

This is needed to reduce/eliminate bounce outs.

Gord

SC3002A.jpg

#321 4 years ago
    Quoted from GRB1959:

Gord
    SC3002A.jpg

do you mean, like the plastic has a "net" look in it?

delete.jpg
    #322 4 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

do you mean, like the plastic has a "net" look in it?

delete.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

No, the net curtain is a thin film of clear plastic that covers the front of the plastic goal and absorbs the energy of the shot so that the puck doesn't BANG off the back of the plastic goal and ricochet back onto the ice surface. After the puck nestles into the net curtain it drops into the plastic goal.

Gord

#323 4 years ago

Oh oh oh. I thought you mean, does your "net" have a curtain in it" if not, order this...which is true, BUT I thought the net curtain was just the "net" looking plastic.

Ah thank you for the information! I was unaware they had a thin piece in there to absorb! It makes sense.

#324 4 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Oh oh oh. I thought you mean, does your "net" have a curtain in it" if not, order this...which is true, BUT I thought the net curtain was just the "net" looking plastic.
    Ah thank you for the information! I was unaware they had a thin piece in there to absorb! It makes sense.

Yup, you got it now. That is correct.

Gord

#325 4 years ago

We had a mini in house (family) tournament last night. The girls may look innocent but when that puck fires up, watch out. The youngest one, won. And it was her birthday to top it off. image.jpg

#326 4 years ago

My score board on my 83' machine is kinda acting up. The numbers keep rapidly changing, but if you keep playing it knows what the actual score is. Any guesses as to the problem?

#327 4 years ago

wiggle the connectors on both ends of the ribbon cable.

#328 4 years ago
    Quoted from GRB1959:

Thanks for mentioning that - I just checked and the curtains are installed and look OK.

#329 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballYeti:

Thanks for mentioning that - I just checked and the curtains are installed and look OK.

That is strange that you are getting bounce outs with the net curtain installed. I have only had my game since October of 2014, but I don't recall ever having a bounce out.

Gord

#330 4 years ago

Finally got it. They built it for us today!!!!!!!! Luckily we live 40 minutes away from factory.

image.jpg image-767.jpg image-824.jpg
    #331 4 years ago

Our new one has built in net glass. We haven't had many bounce outs.

#332 4 years ago

I wish they would make a new version where you can control,the puck more or go behind the net like the old table top hockey games.

1 week later
    #333 4 years ago

Just noticed the serial numbers on my base don't match the top. Is this common? They are only off by a few hundreds

#335 4 years ago

Wild vs. North Stars, nice! They did a really nice job with painting the North Stars players.

I'm old-school so I'd always have to play as the North Stars (I'm still bitter about Dallas stealing our team).

2 months later
    #336 4 years ago

I have a box full of players for this machine if anyone is interested and a dome topper w/scoreboard also

#337 4 years ago

Super Chexx is the only game that has survived 3 moves since 2001. I bought it new and was glad I did. It is one of them machines you really want to be HUO since they take an absolute beating in bars and at ice rinks with kids. If you get one that is 1995 or newer you get the most recent main board, "OH" sensors, gearboxes, scoreboard, and control rods. I will never sell this machine and will instead give it to my oldest son that has played hockey now for 12 years. Great game.

#338 4 years ago

Got mine a few weeks ago.. Loving it! Had a mini-tournament at my house Sunday. Never gets old!
    IMG_4254.jpg

#339 4 years ago
    Quoted from Khabbi:

Got mine a few weeks ago.. Loving it! Had a mini-tournament at my house Sunday. Never gets old!
    IMG_4254.jpg

With your HF lift table underneath it appears that your Super Chexx game is levitating. Sort of cool.

Gord

4 weeks later
    #340 3 years ago

Has anyone experimented with lubricating the gearboxes? I know it says they are "lubricated for life" but my 83 chexx could use something (the gearboxes are good, no stripped teeth). Part of me feels like ice discourages lubrication to sell more replacement gearboxes... I'm considering trying super lube.

#341 3 years ago

Coin door worth paying the extra couple hundred for?

#342 3 years ago
    Quoted from locdb:

Coin door worth paying the extra couple hundred for?

I thought so. I wanted more of an official arcade look and if you ever sell it down the road you will find that a lot of collectors will want the coin door.

If you don't ever envision selling the game under any circumstances and you don't want the coin door for your own personal use then it may make sense for you to forego the coin door.

Gord

1 week later
    #343 3 years ago

Anyone selling a Super Chexx in or near Northern Virginia...?

#344 3 years ago

Lol just stumbled onto this topic and thought it was awesome as a kid and had to have one also...lot of searching but found an original 83 back about 5 years ago before I ever started buying pins. Love this game!image.jpegimage.jpeg

#345 3 years ago

How did you do the blue lighting that lights downwards on the game? I assume that you used LED or something like that but how did you tie it into the power supply. It's very cool.

QSS

#346 3 years ago
    Quoted from BladeFury:

Lol just stumbled onto this topic and thought it was awesome as a kid and had to have one also...lot of searching but found an original 83 back about 5 years ago before I ever started buying pins. Love this game!image.jpeg image.jpeg

The guy on the left is going to need more space with his back against the pin if he was playing me, this is not a slow paced game for me, fast fast non stop action that will make your back hurt.

#347 3 years ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelb:

How did you do the blue lighting that lights downwards on the game? I assume that you used LED or something like that but how did you tie it into the power supply. It's very cool.
    QSS

Thanks...yes LED's ran by separate power supply!

#348 3 years ago

I couldn't handle it being so low, so I found a plastic Pallet and put ours on that, waaaaay easier on the back! Amazing what a difference it makes!

#349 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinsOnly:

I couldn't handle it being so low, so I found a plastic Pallet and put ours on that, waaaaay easier on the back! Amazing what a difference it makes!

Ahhhh good idea!

2 weeks later
    #350 3 years ago

Just picked up a super chexx image.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 76.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 299.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    ...redshiftLED
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 239.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Lermods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    £ 29.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 209.99
    $ 8.99
    Lighting - Other
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 9,500.00
    $ 7.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    € 4.99
    Flipper Parts
    Multigame
    $ 109.99
    $ 21.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 93.00
    $ 169.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    There are 1671 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 34.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside