Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,894 posts
  • 403 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Chalkey
  • Topic is favorited by 150 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    received_968650103824545 (resized).jpeg
    received_2291162194373960 (resized).jpeg
    EABE1F65-C7EA-46AC-B466-25E5B109ED02 (resized).jpeg
    A0A912B1-3E2C-41D3-B99A-339A44AE87BC (resized).jpeg
    F00A4ED7-AC88-43B0-A47A-CB67F74AA746 (resized).jpeg
    895E4CBA-FF55-4F93-9B7E-D16BEB53873A (resized).jpeg
    A91A5AF8-46D2-48C6-BA37-4123AC0F00B5 (resized).jpeg
    EB079443-7B52-4C62-935A-124D54D9686E (resized).jpeg
    faceoff1 (resized).jpg
    0724496A-14C9-4CA2-BB6E-FF8D213AD28B (resized).jpeg
    48CA6F13-4381-468D-993A-43465D3FED41 (resized).jpeg
    8CB563D6-AD90-4B80-8DE3-0D128402AA97 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,894 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 58.
    #2851 4 months ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

Congrats. The LEDs are a nice touch. Kids wanted them and glad I got them. Pops with the lights off.[quoted image][quoted image]

I almost got the Capitals themed version… took a long hard thinking!
    Ended up going with the Miracle On Ice. I asked for a white base but they wanted an extra $500 for that so I decided to stick with red

#2852 4 months ago

After a year of modding out the super chexx I had to get a super kixx. Both are fun but but I think chexx is a tad more fun.

F00A4ED7-AC88-43B0-A47A-CB67F74AA746 (resized).jpeg
    #2853 4 months ago
    Quoted from DVDA:

After a year of modding out the super chexx I had to get a super kixx. Both are fun but but I think chexx is a tad more fun.
    [quoted image]

You get a couple of buddies who are competitive and Chexx is a blast to play. We always play a best of 7 series. Puck off the eject has to touch another player other than just the center. No time wasting when up by 2 goals - we will scream at each other TIME WASTER!
    We play for the Bubble Cup! Loser has to buy dinner for everyone.

#2854 4 months ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Im glad that I got them,it's a nice touch. And if you buy yours by clicking on a link on Taylor34's website,he'll send you a set of drink holders for free! I think he still does this?

Yep, I still do this. Thanks for mentioning it!

#2855 4 months ago
    Quoted from Stebel:

You get a couple of buddies who are competitive and Chexx is a blast to play. We always play a best of 7 series. Puck off the eject has to touch another player other than just the center. No time wasting when up by 2 goals - we will scream at each other TIME WASTER!

Quoted from Stebel:

thats a great idea. I need to do that very thing

#2856 4 months ago
    Quoted from Stebel:

So what’s the penalty if the puck just goes in off the center?

Try a Race-to-7 with three player, winner stays on/loser sits out a game. Keep rotating through until ne player wins seven games. Each player gets one time out to help freeze someone on a roll. That’s best way to play when there are 3. No one sits for more than one game.

#2857 4 months ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

So what’s the penalty if the puck just goes in off the center?
    Try a Race-to-7 with three player, winner stays on/loser sits out a game. Keep rotating through until ne player wins seven games. Each player gets one time out to help freeze someone on a roll. That’s best way to play when there are 3. No one sits for more than one game.

That is a great way to do 3 way tourney. Will try it next time!

If the puck ejects directly to the center for an immediate breakaway, the center has to shoot the puck into the corner and then play begins. If the puck goes into the net illegally, we just don`t count the goal. It is really rare that it happens, maybe 1 in 100 games. It took a bit of bending, the ejector is super consistent and fair.

Also adjusted my 2 defense men and center man so that their sticks are closer together to help prevent against the cheap pass from the defense man to the center man by the opponent. I loosened the collar and pulled the rod out of the collar a bit. Make sure the player doesn't go too far and damage the slot in the ice surface.

#2858 4 months ago
    Quoted from Stebel:

That is a great way to do 3 way tourney. Will try it next time!
    If the puck ejects directly to the center for an immediate breakaway, the center has to shoot the puck into the corner and then play begins. If the puck goes into the net illegally, we just don`t count the goal. It is really rare that it happens, maybe 1 in 100 games. It took a bit of bending, the ejector is super consistent and fair.
    Also adjusted my 2 defense men and center man so that their sticks are closer together to help prevent against the cheap pass from the defense man to the center man by the opponent. I loosened the collar and pulled the rod out of the collar a bit. Make sure the player doesn't go too far and damage the slot in the ice surface.

Is it safe to assume shaking the goalie is frowned upon?

#2859 4 months ago
    Quoted from DVDA:

[quoted image]

Best thing in that Room is the Miami Dolphins Neon

On another note, do the LED lights sold fit on an original Blue Chexx?

#2860 4 months ago
    Quoted from greeneye:

I almost got the Capitals themed version… took a long hard thinking!
    Ended up going with the Miracle On Ice. I asked for a white base but they wanted an extra $500 for that so I decided to stick with red

Yeah I had been eyeing one for years. Went with the Penguins as the away team.

#2861 4 months ago

Is it safe to assume shaking the goalie is frowned upon?

That is totally illegal! 2 minutes for instigating a fight.

#2862 4 months ago
    Quoted from Stebel:

That is totally illegal! 2 minutes for instigating a fight.

Can someone make a list of all of the illegal moves in bubble hockey? I need all the help I can get,"If you ain't cheating you ain't trying".

#2863 4 months ago

What’s shaking the goalie? Is that just going back and forth like crazy with the goalie?

Also can we add LED under table lights aftermarket?

#2864 4 months ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Can someone make a list of all of the illegal moves in bubble hockey? I need all the help I can get,"If you ain't cheating you ain't trying".

Got this from the Bubble hockey group on FB.

A0A912B1-3E2C-41D3-B99A-339A44AE87BC (resized).jpeg
    #2865 4 months ago
    Quoted from allsportdvd:

Best thing in that Room is the Miami Dolphins Neon
    On another note, do the LED lights sold fit on an original Blue Chexx?

not sure about that but I would call or email ice to find out

#2866 4 months ago
    Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

What’s shaking the goalie? Is that just going back and forth like crazy with the goalie?
    Also can we add LED under table lights aftermarket?

Pretty much. It will actually move the puck if done hard enough. My kids do it when the center has the puck and they’re taking their time to shoot. I try and tell my kids to hurry up and not shake the goalie.

#2867 4 months ago

So I just set up my new chexx. How do I start a game? I turned it on and pressed the start button and nothing. Does this thing come with an extra puck because there is a puck in the bag and I’m wondering if this game doesn’t start because the puck isn’t in the game. There is no instructions on how to start a game and none of the instructions told me to install a puck

#2868 4 months ago
    Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

So I just set up my new chexx. How do I start a game? I turned it on and pressed the start button and nothing. Does this thing come with an extra puck because there is a puck in the bag and I’m wondering if this game doesn’t start because the puck isn’t in the game. There is no instructions on how to start a game and none of the instructions told me to install a puck

Yes. You'll need to put the puck in before it will start the game. Congrats and enjoy your new game!

#2869 4 months ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Yes. You'll need to put the puck in before it will start the game. Congrats and enjoy your new game!

Thanks. I got it working. I opened the dome out a puck in the hole and nothing worked again. Powered it off and on again and it shot two pucks out lol. So I removed one. I don’t know why I couldn’t start a game off the first boot up but at least I was able to after a restart.

Also I pressed the boo button when my opponent scored and no boo noise came out. When can the boo be used?

#2870 4 months ago

Has anyone on here made a pedestal? I am curious what you used and what size. I am also thinking of putting caster wheels on the pedestal.
    Thanks

#2871 4 months ago
    Quoted from Tack33:

Has anyone on here made a pedestal? I am curious what you used and what size. I am also thinking of putting caster wheels on the pedestal.
    Thanks

i am not one of them, but i definitely want to. I know severel people have so hopefully they will chime in. Im shocked!!!! that ice doesn't have something that they sell... i feel like its a no brainer since im pretty sure way more adults play this game than kids do ha ha.

3 weeks later
    #2872 3 months ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

Pretty much. It will actually move the puck if done hard enough. My kids do it when the center has the puck and they’re taking their time to shoot. I try and tell my kids to hurry up and not shake the goalie.

In the NHL, when a player gets the puck in the crease right in front of the goalie….do all the defending players stop and let him take his time to set up a perfect shot? Do they stand there and say ‘hurry up, shoot!’?

No! They hit him and poke check him and try to dislodge the puck from his stick. Thus, shaking the goalie and bouncing the puck on the ice surface shall be permitted.

#2873 3 months ago

I have 14 spare players that I won’t be using..$125 shipped. Pm me if anyone wants them.

EABE1F65-C7EA-46AC-B466-25E5B109ED02 (resized).jpeg
    #2874 3 months ago

In the NHL, when a player gets the puck in the crease right in front of the goalie….do all the defending players stop and let him take his time to set up a perfect shot? Do they stand there and say ‘hurry up, shoot!’?
    No! They hit him and poke check him and try to dislodge the puck from his stick. Thus, shaking the goalie and bouncing the puck on the ice surface shall be permitted.

The only exception to this is .... if you have a custom machine that has the Pittsburgh Penguins and Kris LeTang is one of your Defensemen then you're not permitted to shake the goalie. you're to sit and watch what the offense does just like Kris would do!

2 weeks later
    #2875 87 days ago

I am in the process to restoring an Chexx '83. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a blue powder coat color. The top needs new life. I've read every post without success.

#2876 86 days ago
    Quoted from Donobean:

I am in the process to restoring an Chexx '83. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a blue powder coat color. The top needs new life. I've read every post without success.

If you’re not absolutely set on powdercoat, I actually painted and polished mine and it has help up fine for years. I used the ‘industrial’ version of Tremclad (black though) called Rustoleum in the US I believe, which is available in many colours and shades.

1 week later
    #2877 75 days ago

Modeled up the part that goes under the net https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5349091

#2878 73 days ago
    Quoted from Donobean:

I took my top to the powdercoater locally and matched the color to their samples. You could also match it to the base.

#2879 73 days ago
    Quoted from dudah:

Modeled up the part that goes under the net https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5349091[quoted image]

That’s pretty cool. I got new ones a few months ago, but I like that being available for in a pinch.

1 month later
    #2881 29 days ago

The before & after photo of my latest restore! I offer 83 & Super Chexx electronic repair, if you need something email is [email protected]m

received_2291162194373960 (resized).jpegreceived_968650103824545 (resized).jpeg
    #2882 28 days ago

Is it normal for a Super Chexx Pro to have a buzzing noise even when the game is off?

#2883 27 days ago

I made this game out of parts from a warehouse find a few years ago. Isopropyl alcohol and some elbow grease made the grips MUCH nicer!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #2884 25 days ago
    Quoted from phillyfan64:

Is it normal for a Super Chexx Pro to have a buzzing noise even when the game is off?

To follow up my own post, I called the manufacturer. They told me the game is picking up some kind of interference backfeeding into the AC line. I guess he means EMI. I can’t find a source in the room that’s causing it. Has anyone run into this and if so how did you solve it?

#2885 25 days ago

Try a ferrite core and wrap it 2 or 3 times. Some tv power cords come with a ferrite core you can use.

#2886 25 days ago
    Quoted from Tigger:

Try a ferrite core and wrap it 2 or 3 times. Some tv power cords come with a ferrite core you can use.

Thanks I’ll give that a try. I think I have a few of those sitting around somewhere.

#2887 25 days ago
    Quoted from phillyfan64:

To follow up my own post, I called the manufacturer. They told me the game is picking up some kind of interference backfeeding into the AC line. I guess he means EMI. I can’t find a source in the room that’s causing it. Has anyone run into this and if so how did you solve it?

Make sure the ground on the plug has continuity with the ground inside the game

#2888 23 days ago

Looking to get into the club if anybody is selling!

#2889 23 days ago
    Quoted from phillyfan64:

Mine gives off a slight hum when off. It's because it's never really off, it just sleeps like a PC. I put mine on a switch to solve that problem and eliminate the small amount of energy that it's constantly wasting.

#2890 23 days ago
    Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

Mine gives off a slight hum when off. It's because it's never really off, it just sleeps like a PC. I put mine on a switch to solve that problem and eliminate the small amount of energy that it's constantly wasting.

I use the outlet switch from the Amazon link below so there is no power going to the game once the switch is turned off and I get zero hum when it is off. I see that this specific switch is currently unavailable, but there are other similar switches.

Gord

amazon.com link »

#2891 23 days ago

Thanks guys. I did check the ground plug for continuity and it’s good. If the ferrite cores don’t work I’ll use one of those switches.

#2892 17 days ago

X post from SC pro thread

So I'm hoping to be in the club before another week or two with regular Super Chexx. Can anybody tell me the difference between the pro home upgrade and pro coin op upgrade? Even a whole coin door wouldn't be $700. Is the pro upgrade worth the squeeze?

Can I get the LED light upgrade on the non-pro? I didn't see it as part of either game catalog. I know I can get these answers from these guys on the phone tomorrow but I'm impatient and like talking to you guys.

Finally, for putting this game on location what are some must have spares to have on hand? The game will hopefully have good gear boxes coming with it but I understand they only last so long...

2 weeks later
    #2893 1 day ago

Forming a Bubble Hockey group to have friendly tournaments in the Dallas, TX area. We will be playing in Carollton and have 10 people so far. Please join if you are in the area and would like to come play and hangout with us! Our goal is to have groups that lead into a small bracket and have pizza/drinks each time. Just looking to have a good time!

We have two tables already but if anyone else can contribute that may come in handy in the future if this grows!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/311587888906261

#2894 1 day ago

Just got a used one. How much play should there be in left / right player movement, and how much play of the rod in the bushing? Want to have it nice on location and I'm not sure how tight these things are ideally. They all seem to have a little bit of play in all dimensions.

There are 2,894 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 58.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!