Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,114 posts
  • 431 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by GRB1959
  • Topic is favorited by 157 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Super Chexx Service Manual - Page 7.pdf (PDF preview)
    sc (resized).jpg
    IMG_0245 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0246 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0244 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0241 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20231121_223429875.jpg
    AIwr.gif
    20230402_121006 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231007_154725659 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0081 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0043 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0042 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0041 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 3,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 63.
    #2801 2 years ago

I make the ones that go on the four corners. I don’t know if I’m the fanciest, but I’m the one that came up with the idea that others copied.

C5E8D33A-8E08-49FC-9680-481B85B3A476 (resized).jpegC5E8D33A-8E08-49FC-9680-481B85B3A476 (resized).jpeg

#2802 2 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

I make the ones that go on the four corners. I don’t know if I’m the fanciest, but I’m the one that came up with the idea that others copied.
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"255c5079f11404fd349cde78a0f90a7df3c6f073-1640236265-1800"};
    //]]>
    Where can I buy these?

[quoted image]

#2803 2 years ago

I got 4 from Taylor myself. Work well. It wont hold much larger then a can, so if you like to drink from a cup, like a yeti, it may not be wide enough. Not a knock against it just letting you know.

#2804 2 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

[quoted image]

do you make them in different colors. I saw a cabinet on here where someone had a red one on one side and a blue on the other like for USA vs Russia or USA vs canada and it was just the prettiest thing ever. oh just found a pic of kind of what I was looking for.

263347237_596853621544996_5174805667553380133_n (resized).jpg263347237_596853621544996_5174805667553380133_n (resized).jpg
    #2805 2 years ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

I got 4 from Taylor myself. Work well. It wont hold much larger then a can, so if you like to drink from a cup, like a yeti, it may not be wide enough. Not a knock against it just letting you know.

Yeah, they work for cans and bottles, but not large things. If I made them bigger, the bottles and cans might tip over when shaking the game.

#2806 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sirgubster9:

do you make them in different colors. I saw a cabinet on here where someone had a red one on one side and a blue on the other like for USA vs Russia or USA vs canada and it was just the prettiest thing ever. oh just found a pic of kind of what I was looking for. [quoted image]

I do make them in red and blue but not with the logo's because I don't own the trademark rights to them.

#2807 2 years ago

Where can we buy them?

#2808 2 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

I do make them in red and blue but not with the logo's because I don't own the trademark rights to them.

totally makes sense, do you make them in that blue and that red...something about those colors that looks so gosh dang good. ok so no team logos, or the olympics logo im guessing...what about the team names?
    and yes I second Pinpickle and ask where can we buy them and how much good sir?

#2809 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Where can we buy them?

Just message me through pinside.

#2810 2 years ago

Turned on my super chexx and it played part of its little song and then just made a loud hum sound and just kept making that hum sound. The scoreboard only had one side lit up. Unplugged the scoreboard and it played its full song. Any ideas?

#2811 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sirgubster9:

hi looking for the guys who do the cup holders... the super sweet looking ones. trying to find it in this forum but its a lot of pages... any help from the peeps who have done em?

IMG_3975 (resized).JPGIMG_3975 (resized).JPGIMG_3983 (resized).JPGIMG_3983 (resized).JPG
    #2812 2 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

//<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"3fcb3fe8fc66251e7f59a7cb2f2ab0354322c027-1640426979-1800"};
    //]]>

[quoted image]

I have a set of the black Taylor’s. Buy with confidence…love ‘em!

2 weeks later
    #2813 2 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Just message me through pinside.

sent you a message good sir

#2814 2 years ago

For those that have replaced their dome, how did you go about getting it? Ice sells the dome I need for $385, but I was quoted $425 shipping. Over $800 for a dome is not something I would even consider. I was looking around and saw that a local distributor (Betson) has it listed for $510 (or so). I was just looking to see if there was a more economical option.

Thanks,

#2815 2 years ago
    Quoted from dinot:

For those that have replaced their dome, how did you go about getting it? Ice sells the dome I need for $385, but I was quoted $425 shipping. Over $800 for a dome is not something I would even consider. I was looking around and saw that a local distributor (Betson) has it listed for $510 (or so). I was just looking to see if there was a more economical option.
    Thanks,

I contacted betson and they said that they basically have it shipped from Ice so you would still be paying the 425 shipping plus 510 for the dome, so it would even cost you more ha ha. Ya I am looking for the exact same thing you are. if you can find something more reasonable please let me know because I will be right there with you.

#2816 2 years ago

Chexxmods.com makes an alternative to the dome that might work for you. It’s modeled after the traditional hockey “boards”. You can find some videos of it on YouTube. They also make a bunch of cool mods that you might be interested in as well.

#2817 2 years ago
    Quoted from drewthegator:

Chexxmods.com makes an alternative to the dome that might work for you. It’s modeled after the traditional hockey “boards”. You can find some videos of it on YouTube. They also make a bunch of cool mods that you might be interested in as well.

chexxmods stuff is sooooooo cool!!!!! but i feel like there alternative is basically the same price ha ha and even though i do think it looks super awesome i feel like the whole point of bubble hockey is to actually have a bubble. but ya big fan of all there stuff and wish i could afford it. This might have been more of a response to dinot, but i figured id chime in.

#2818 2 years ago

Even tougher trying to find a dome in Australia!
    I'm currently trying to wet sand the major scratches out of my dome but not sure how well it'll turn out.
    If i could get a new one at reasonable cost ($500 inc shipping) I'd do it in a heartbeat

#2819 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sirgubster9:

I contacted betson and they said that they basically have it shipped from Ice so you would still be paying the 425 shipping plus 510 for the dome, so it would even cost you more ha ha. Ya I am looking for the exact same thing you are. if you can find something more reasonable please let me know because I will be right there with you.

Uggghhh....I assumed that the $508 was to Betson's location. (only 30 mins from my house). It is insane to me that a 20lb part costs more to ship than a pinball machine. I wonder if we use another freight company shipped to an airport. (usually much cheaper than delivered to your door). I had some slot machines shipped this way a few years back. I think I paid $150.

My dome isn't atrocious. I took out some of the haze by flame polishing it. But I wouldn't mind a new one.

#2820 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sirgubster9:

sent you a message good sir

I never got any message FYI.

#2821 2 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

I never got any message FYI.

oh wow no clue what happened but just tried again. let me know, thanks man for the heads up.

#2822 2 years ago
    Quoted from dinot:

Uggghhh....I assumed that the $508 was to Betson's location. (only 30 mins from my house). It is insane to me that a 20lb part costs more to ship than a pinball machine. I wonder if we use another freight company shipped to an airport. (usually much cheaper than delivered to your door). I had some slot machines shipped this way a few years back. I think I paid $150.
    My dome isn't atrocious. I took out some of the haze by flame polishing it. But I wouldn't mind a new one.

if i could do one for 500 bucks including shipping which is what it used to cost a year or so ago i would be on it as well allsport.

i am trying to wetsand mine but i dont have high hopes and i am wayyyyy too scared to bust out a blow torch.

but ya I thought betson was 508 to there location as well which im 30 min away too....i started contacting them because a couple months back they actually had two domes available on there website... one for 508 and another for 300 and something so i got super excited and tried to purchase the 300 one and then i was told that one didnt exist and all the other sad info about shipping and what not.

I asked chexx if they would be willing to ship there items in different methods and they pretty much shut me down but i have been told by others on here or a facebook group that if you call and talk to the right people they are more willing to discuss different ideas and plans with you.

#2823 2 years ago

Finally got the goal horn and light mod installed on this old gal.

#2824 2 years ago

How does the dome get scratched ? Is it from the puck hitting the dome,or just careless players?

#2825 2 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

How does the dome get scratched ? Is it from the puck hitting the dome,or just careless players?

It shouldn't in a home use environment. Some people have purchased these 2nd hand from bars, etc. These will show dome issues. Unless you're spilling something on it or the family is abusing it in some way, they should be scratch free. Mine is close to 15 years and still looks perfect. I clean it once a month with Plexus.

#2826 2 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Mine was off route.

#2827 2 years ago

Even HUO domes will get scratched at some point. It just doesn’t take much for scratches to show up.

#2828 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Even HUO domes will get scratched at some point. It just doesn’t take much for scratches to show up.

I'd agree with that. Though mine was on route prior to me purchasing it, a lot of the scratches are on the inside.

#2829 2 years ago

I got a new shipping quote. LTL freight. $245. Still high IMO. But closer than the last quote.

My magic number was $500. With this new shipping quote I am at $385 + $245 = $630. (for a piece of plastic )

#2830 2 years ago
    Quoted from dinot:

I got a new shipping quote. LTL freight. $245. Still high IMO. But closer than the last quote.
    My magic number was $500. With this new shipping quote I am at $385 + $245 = $630. (for a piece of plastic )

I wonder if Fast Eddie would pick it up if he was ever in the area? Don't know him or ever used him but people swear by him.

#2831 2 years ago
    Quoted from dinot:

is the bubble only 385 without shipping? I say only like its a small number... so expensive ha ha. and are you able to just purchase the item and pick it up at there store or factory or whatever or do you have to pay for shipping to somewhere no matter what?

#2832 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sirgubster9:

is the bubble only 385 without shipping? I say only like its a small number... so expensive ha ha. and are you able to just purchase the item and pick it up at there store or factory or whatever or do you have to pay for shipping to somewhere no matter what?

ICE allows you to pick up orders at their manufacturing facility, but that facility is in the Buffalo, NY area.

#2833 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sirgubster9:

Yes, the dome alone is $385. They are about 8 hours from me which is not an option. I'd consider 90min drive (each way) but not anything longer.

#2834 2 years ago
    Quoted from JTAntikythera:

ICE allows you to pick up orders at their manufacturing facility, but that facility is in the Buffalo, NY area.

good to know next time im in buffalo. if i could get a bubble for 385 id do it in a heart beat at this point.

#2835 2 years ago

Hi all, apologies if this has been covered but I didn’t see it in my search…

I just inherited a Miracle on Ice Super Chexx, which is in terrific condition except for a few areas of the ice surface which look a bit raised near the tracks of certain players and can sometimes catch when turning/passing/shooting. Doesn’t impact vertical movement and the conditions have to be just right for it to be an issue, but it’s annoying when it happens.

Is there a way to fix this, maybe with double sided tape underneath the warped sections to hold them back down? If so, what kind of tape would be best so that I can still remove the ice surface later if needed? Anything else I should try? Am I just hosed and need to pony up for a new surface?

#2836 2 years ago
    Quoted from CujoAC:

Hi all, apologies if this has been covered but I didn’t see it in my search…
    I just inherited a Miracle on Ice Super Chexx, which is in terrific condition except for a few areas of the ice surface which look a bit raised near the tracks of certain players and can sometimes catch when turning/passing/shooting. Doesn’t impact vertical movement and the conditions have to be just right for it to be an issue, but it’s annoying when it happens.
    Is there a way to fix this, maybe with double sided tape underneath the warped sections to hold them back down? If so, what kind of tape would be best so that I can still remove the ice surface later if needed? Anything else I should try? Am I just hosed and need to pony up for a new surface?

Have you opened the dome yet? Any pics?

#2837 2 years ago

Also, could anyone with a Super Chexx be so kind as to share a photo of how the 4 colored wires connect to the prongs near the game’s starter button? It appears those were mistakenly unplugged in the move. There are four prongs they clearly connect into. Thanks.

#2838 2 years ago

I have not yet, no. The support harness was missing and reading this thread it sounds like you want to have one when opening so you don’t bend the wrong thing. I’ve ordered one that comes in later this week. Don’t have in front of me but will try to get a few pictures later today or tomorrow. You can see a few tracks where one side is a bit lifted if you know what to look for but it’s not super obvious otherwise.

#2839 2 years ago

See the pictures below. The slight raised areas are one side of the USA right defenseman and the USA center forward. The rise by the forward doesn’t really affect his play much at all, it’s really more the fight defenseman that can get caught up in it. I’d love to fix both if possible.

0724496A-14C9-4CA2-BB6E-FF8D213AD28B (resized).jpeg0724496A-14C9-4CA2-BB6E-FF8D213AD28B (resized).jpeg48CA6F13-4381-468D-993A-43465D3FED41 (resized).jpeg48CA6F13-4381-468D-993A-43465D3FED41 (resized).jpeg8CB563D6-AD90-4B80-8DE3-0D128402AA97 (resized).jpeg8CB563D6-AD90-4B80-8DE3-0D128402AA97 (resized).jpegD9DE98C1-6324-4EAF-9E3E-958E63D95FDF (resized).jpegD9DE98C1-6324-4EAF-9E3E-958E63D95FDF (resized).jpeg
    #2840 2 years ago

Would anyone happen to have a manual for a 1983 Face Off Hockey? It was the clone of Chexx.

faceoff1 (resized).jpgfaceoff1 (resized).jpg
    #2841 2 years ago

Finally joined the club. Temporarily set up in the living room. Gameroom should be done in a few weeks.

EB079443-7B52-4C62-935A-124D54D9686E (resized).jpegEB079443-7B52-4C62-935A-124D54D9686E (resized).jpeg
    #2842 2 years ago
    Quoted from phillyfan64:

Finally joined the club. Temporarily set up in the living room. Gameroom should be done in a few weeks.
    [quoted image]

love the glow kit on this one!!!!!

#2843 2 years ago

Can I come over and play?

#2844 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sirgubster9:

love the glow kit on this one!!!!!

Yes it really adds to it. You can change the colors in the menu. I also got the cup holders for it but I’ll put them on once it’s moved downstairs.

Quoted from neverahighscore:

Can I come over and play?

Sure once my gameroom is finished!

#2845 2 years ago
    Quoted from phillyfan64:

[quoted image]

Congrats. The LEDs are a nice touch. Kids wanted them and glad I got them. Pops with the lights off.

895E4CBA-FF55-4F93-9B7E-D16BEB53873A (resized).jpeg895E4CBA-FF55-4F93-9B7E-D16BEB53873A (resized).jpegA91A5AF8-46D2-48C6-BA37-4123AC0F00B5 (resized).jpegA91A5AF8-46D2-48C6-BA37-4123AC0F00B5 (resized).jpeg
    #2846 2 years ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

Congrats. The LEDs are a nice touch. Kids wanted them and glad I got them. Pops with the lights off.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks. I was on the fence about getting the LEDs but they definitely add to it. Nice setup.

#2847 2 years ago

The LEDs are completely worth it..I thought about it for a while when i was ordering but once I received the game I could not imagine it without.

#2848 2 years ago
    Quoted from phillyfan64:Thanks. I was on the fence about getting the LEDs but they definitely add to it. Nice setup.

Im glad that I got them,it's a nice touch. And if you buy yours by clicking on a link on Taylor34's website,he'll send you a set of drink holders for free! I think he still does this?

#2849 2 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Im glad that I got them,it's a nice touch. And if you buy yours by clicking on a link on Taylor34's website,he'll send you a set of drink holders for free! I think he still does this?

I actually did buy drink holders directly from Ice. I just haven’t installed them yet. I’ll put them on once the game is set up in the basement.

#2850 2 years ago

Hi everyone,
    Forgive me for asking due to it's probably been asked before and answered. Has anyone added their own LED lighting outside? If so, which lights did you use.
    Much thanks

There are 3,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey/page/57 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.