Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,843 posts
  • 395 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by neverahighscore
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EB079443-7B52-4C62-935A-124D54D9686E (resized).jpeg
    faceoff1 (resized).jpg
    0724496A-14C9-4CA2-BB6E-FF8D213AD28B (resized).jpeg
    48CA6F13-4381-468D-993A-43465D3FED41 (resized).jpeg
    8CB563D6-AD90-4B80-8DE3-0D128402AA97 (resized).jpeg
    D9DE98C1-6324-4EAF-9E3E-958E63D95FDF (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3983 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3975 (resized).JPG
    263347237_596853621544996_5174805667553380133_n (resized).jpg
    C5E8D33A-8E08-49FC-9680-481B85B3A476 (resized).jpeg
    sioux hockey1 (resized).jpg
    20180720_202413 (resized).jpg
    sioux hockey (resized).jpg
    IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2799 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20211105_175636_152~2 (resized).jpg

There are 2,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 57.
    #2751 72 days ago
    Quoted from Sirgubster9:

that makes a ton of sense and thank you to pinpickle as well. Ok so you cut the inside of the gasket strip and kind of fold it together in order to make the corners; I was confused about that and then I was super confused on trying to figure out where to put it so that the gasket didn't go over the holes but since it is supposed to go over the holes that kind of solves that problem as well.
    OK so some sort of glue or adhesive to keep it down on the metal; does it install like right up against the perimeter just a hair away from hanging over the edge? or did you guys use the bubble some how to guide where the gasket should end up being installed? and then does the ICE just lay on top of it?

I think mine had adhesive attached but double sided tape works as well. Use the bubble as a guide- the rounded lip should be just slightly larger than the dome edges (1/16” or so?) so that the dome lays on the flat part of the gasket. The ice just lays on top, sandwiched between the gasket and the dome. Of course all of this is entirely from memory, so I’ll have to double check tomorrow. Let me know if u need a few pics while I’m at it.

#2752 71 days ago
    Quoted from mIkea:

I think mine had adhesive attached but double sided tape works as well. Use the bubble as a guide- the rounded lip should be just slightly larger than the dome edges (1/16” or so?) so that the dome lays on the flat part of the gasket. The ice just lays on top, sandwiched between the gasket and the dome. Of course all of this is entirely from memory, so I’ll have to double check tomorrow. Let me know if u need a few pics while I’m at it.

If your going to be around your chexx ya a couple pics would be awesome! OK possible final question, I have some like plastic stickers that are practically bolted on the bubble I tried using goo gone and no luck at all. I was able to use goo gone on all the stickers and adhesive and junk great but these plastic style stickers are on there and I tried using a razor blade and goo gone and scrubbing like crazy and I tried to soak em with a paper towell with goo gone. I can't let them just soak in anything because of there location.... Any help without scratching or ruining the bubble of course. Attached is one that had some peeling spots so I was able to do some damage but there are other ones that have no give at all.
    20211116_204855 (resized).jpg

20211118_120515 (resized).jpg
    #2753 71 days ago
    Quoted from mIkea:

Oh double sided tape, great idea and less permenat if I screw up, good call.

#2754 70 days ago

Does anyone know what kind of plastic the dome is made out of? trying to see if I can use just a little bit of acetone or nail polish remover on it.

#2755 70 days ago

No idea. I would suggest a little bit of heat. Hairdryer heat, not heat gun heat

#2756 70 days ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Love these custom nets, looks so much better![quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the heads up on these. Best $99 (shipped) I've spent on a mod in a while ..and to my door from Canada in 4 days. Simple drop-in replacement for the goals. Better quality than the originals and nice improvement to the look!

20211119_203956 (resized).jpg
    #2757 69 days ago
    Quoted from Sirgubster9:

If your going to be around your chexx ya a couple pics would be awesome! OK possible final question, I have some like plastic stickers that are practically bolted on the bubble I tried using goo gone and no luck at all. I was able to use goo gone on all the stickers and adhesive and junk great but these plastic style stickers are on there and I tried using a razor blade and goo gone and scrubbing like crazy and I tried to soak em with a paper towell with goo gone. I can't let them just soak in anything because of there location.... Any help without scratching or ruining the bubble of course. Attached is one that had some peeling spots so I was able to do some damage but there are other ones that have no give at all.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Sorry for the delay- have a few pics of the rubber seal finally.

1034E777-4E2F-4CB1-83D9-8D8F3048D86B (resized).jpegECD86595-2B95-4F4E-98A9-489786F03B16 (resized).jpeg
    #2758 69 days ago
    Quoted from mIkea:

Sorry for the delay- have a few pics of the rubber seal finally.[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow first off yours is soooo gosh dang pretty. Second off thank you those are helpful. Third off can you show some overall pics of yours just so I can see if the overall thing looks as good as the few areas I can see... Even the button is sweet. Fourth off acetone and citristrip are both bad ideas which I knew going into it but I tried em anyways. Luckily I didn't go buckwild with it or anything. I now need to learn how to wet sand this thing I think.

#2759 67 days ago
    Quoted from Sirgubster9:

Wow first off yours is soooo gosh dang pretty. Second off thank you those are helpful. Third off can you show some overall pics of yours just so I can see if the overall thing looks as good as the few areas I can see... Even the button is sweet. Fourth off acetone and citristrip are both bad ideas which I knew going into it but I tried em anyways. Luckily I didn't go buckwild with it or anything. I now need to learn how to wet sand this thing I think.

Thanks! I stripped and repainted it black, just to be different and to play off of the Team Canada colours. I used a polishing kit on the paint up to 12000 (yes 12 thousand) grit and I’ll be using that on the dome next. It’s a lot of work but definitely worth it. Dome isn’t really that bad but I made an led light to replace the fluorescent for the scoreboard and it seems to reflect the imperfections much more. Added the famous 3D printed nets, custom painted 3D printed cupholders and player names/numbers, custom Canada and USA boo/eject buttons, covered the dome flanges and bolt holes and made custom rivets to hold it all together. I need to redo the USA team though, so no decals on them yet. My favourite mod though is the lighted riser, it really saves your back having it raised up a few inches.
    A few pics as requested:

394D2F60-CF84-497C-A8B7-587079268883 (resized).jpeg78843695-1C76-44E4-BEEC-44881E218FF6 (resized).jpegC17FCDAE-7AD4-4889-99E9-0A2E0AE5BB6C (resized).jpeg66E5ECB0-DDFB-481A-8798-E11A08F321F4 (resized).jpeg
    #2760 66 days ago
    Quoted from mIkea:

Thanks! I stripped and repainted it black, just to be different and to play off of the Team Canada colours. I used a polishing kit on the paint up to 12000 (yes 12 thousand) grit and I’ll be using that on the dome next. It’s a lot of work but definitely worth it. Dome isn’t really that bad but I made an led light to replace the fluorescent for the scoreboard and it seems to reflect the imperfections much more. Added the famous 3D printed nets, custom painted 3D printed cupholders and player names/numbers, custom Canada and USA boo/eject buttons, covered the dome flanges and bolt holes and made custom rivets to hold it all together. I need to redo the USA team though, so no decals on them yet. My favourite mod though is the lighted riser, it really saves your back having it raised up a few inches.
    A few pics as requested:[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Woooowwwww just so cool. Did you do the cupholders yourself and the mod yourself?
    I just purchase sandpaper up to 5 thousand I think. Didn't even know it went any higher than that. My plan is to sand the bubble with some heavy stuff and then go higher and higher until it's all nice and smooth but we will see if I can pull it off or not. Saw a video of a dude doing it on YouTube so I figured I would give it a try since my bubble is looks pretty bad. Well dude your chexx gives me inspiration. Just so dang cool. Well done and thanks for the pics.

#2761 66 days ago
    Quoted from Sirgubster9:

Does anyone know what kind of plastic the dome is made out of? trying to see if I can use just a little bit of acetone or nail polish remover on it.

I would be super careful....once the dome gets messed up, it’s near impossible to correct. Have you tried Novus 1?

#2762 65 days ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I would be super careful....once the dome gets messed up, it’s near impossible to correct. Have you tried Novus 1?

so ya acetone was a bad idea and started to eat that plastic rather quickly and STILL didnt remove this one gosh dang plastic sticker thing... i think somebody used epoxy to stick it on or something crazy. Acetone= bad idea which I kind of knew going into it... it was a smaller area on a wall of the bubble so if i cant sand it down to have it look good Ill just put a different sticker over it.

And ya Ive tried all the Novus's and many other options. Works great just not on this gosh dang sticker.

#2763 63 days ago

black friday superchexx, 100USD off for one and 250usd off for 2.... If you are in Washington state and think about buying one, pm me to maybe do a group order.

#2764 63 days ago

Looking for someone that does player names and numbers decals Thanks Tim

#2765 62 days ago
    Quoted from jukeboxtim:

Looking for someone that does player names and numbers decals Thanks Tim

Stephane Lavoie did mine- awesome work. He’s not on Pinside but can be found on Facebook or via fb messenger.

#2766 62 days ago
    Quoted from Sirgubster9:

Woooowwwww just so cool. Did you do the cupholders yourself and the mod yourself?
    I just purchase sandpaper up to 5 thousand I think. Didn't even know it went any higher than that. My plan is to sand the bubble with some heavy stuff and then go higher and higher until it's all nice and smooth but we will see if I can pull it off or not. Saw a video of a dude doing it on YouTube so I figured I would give it a try since my bubble is looks pretty bad. Well dude your chexx gives me inspiration. Just so dang cool. Well done and thanks for the pics.

Appreciate the compliments! It was/is a fun project, and I have a few more ideas and plans as well.
    The cupholders were printed by the same guy that did my player numbers (see my other post above) but he isn’t doing any more for the time being. I believe the files are relatively easy to find if you want to print them yourself, otherwise there are a number of people who are printing and selling these. Airbrush paint wouldn’t stick so I just used Testors model paint on the raised areas.
    If you aren’t satisfied with the decal removal on your dome you can always just cover the damage with ‘boards’ decals. I ran a strip of white vinyl on the flat part of the dome and it does a good job of covering that part up. There are sellers that make custom boards decals as well (with logos and advertising etc.) that would cover any residue left over.

#2767 59 days ago
    Quoted from mIkea:

Appreciate the compliments! It was/is a fun project, and I have a few more ideas and plans as well.
    The cupholders were printed by the same guy that did my player numbers (see my other post above) but he isn’t doing any more for the time being. I believe the files are relatively easy to find if you want to print them yourself, otherwise there are a number of people who are printing and selling these. Airbrush paint wouldn’t stick so I just used Testors model paint on the raised areas.
    If you aren’t satisfied with the decal removal on your dome you can always just cover the damage with ‘boards’ decals. I ran a strip of white vinyl on the flat part of the dome and it does a good job of covering that part up. There are sellers that make custom boards decals as well (with logos and advertising etc.) that would cover any residue left over.

I think I will be covering up the decals with 'board decals', i thought about that as well but also thought wouldnt it be sweet if I got it looking all super clean and clear, but that is starting to be more and more of a dream. so ya this might be the way to go.... now did i also mess up the curve as well working on the flat part... a little bit. Did I find a super sweet video where the guy got the bubble looking amazing YES, but did I stupidly start on the inside of the bubble and realize that most of the equipment doesnt really fit on the inside, also yes.

So now Im hoping some random person offers me up there old bubble because they got super fancy and bought themselves a new one ha ha.

#2768 59 days ago

Have an op to pick up original a usa vs Russia chex. Just wondering value. Dirty, works . Decent dome and surface.

#2769 57 days ago

Have an the older version of Chexx (like 1983)

Puck will eject when the game starts but goals do not score when the puck goes into the net and it doesn't eject another puck even though the puck has made its way back to the ejector. Any tips on what to check? How does this game register goals that score?

Thanks for any tips/help!
    Walt

#2770 57 days ago
    Quoted from waltgman:

Have an the older version of Chexx (like 1983)
    Puck will eject when the game starts but goals do not score when the puck goes into the net and it doesn't eject another puck even though the puck has made its way back to the ejector. Any tips on what to check? How does this game register goals that score?
    Thanks for any tips/help!
    Walt

Take the players and ice off. See video below. There will be a switch that the puck triggers as it rolls back to ejector. Try and manually trigger the switch. It may need to be adjusted. That would be the first thing to check.

#2771 57 days ago

Thanks for the tip! I can activate the sensors with a screwdriver but it does not activate with the new pucks I bought.

Are the right pucks for this magnetic or have metal in them to register?

thanks again!
    Walt

#2772 57 days ago
    Quoted from waltgman:

Thanks for the tip! I can activate the sensors with a screwdriver but it does not activate with the new pucks I bought.
    Are the right pucks for this magnetic or have metal in them to register?
    thanks again!
    Walt

Yes, the pucks have a magnet inside to trigger the switch. Part number SC3013X on the icegame.com site.

#2774 56 days ago
    Quoted from Tigger:

Yes, the pucks have a magnet inside to trigger the switch. Part number SC3013X on the icegame.com site.

The reed switches are affected by a magnetic presence, so need magnetic pucks.

#2775 55 days ago

Thanks! Ordered the pucks, appreciate the help!

#2776 54 days ago

Use this to get decal residue off dome. Apply to microfiber towel, then attack!

16387641760811336682111019776995 (resized).jpg
    #2777 54 days ago

Do you believe in miracles?? 83 Chexx sound chips U11 & U12 successfully replicated! I started with these as they are most commonly missing due to operators throwing away so they didn't have to listen to attract sounds. These are not available anywhere else. Limited sets available as these chips are no longer made & hard to source (you don't want to know what I did for them lol). Special pricing for here & our Chexx Facebook group, $75 for the set of 2 plus shipping.

IMG_20211105_175636_152~2 (resized).jpg
    #2778 52 days ago

Brand new never installed from I.C.E Super Chexx players 1 set of Vegas Knights players and 1 set of Carolina Hurricanes players $125.00 each team or $225.00 for both plus 15.00 shipping. I can send photo's if interested. Thanks Tim

#2779 51 days ago
    Quoted from Dr_Chexx:

Do you believe in miracles?? 83 Chexx sound chips U11 & U12 successfully replicated! I started with these as they are most commonly missing due to operators throwing away so they didn't have to listen to attract sounds. These are not available anywhere else. Limited sets available as these chips are no longer made & hard to source (you don't want to know what I did for them lol). Special pricing for here & our Chexx Facebook group, $75 for the set of 2 plus shipping.
    [quoted image]

so i have an 83 chexx and when you first turn it on it makes like a trumpet or horn type sound and then does nothing. Then when you put a quarter in or start the game it plays the pledge of allegiance. and then the puck pops up. do these make it so that it does something different?

#2780 48 days ago

I recently upgraded to the new jumbo tron and I’m curious on how to get the home team horn sounds? I have the teams set (boston and chicago)on the scoreboard but when I score there is no home team horn sound.

#2781 48 days ago
    Quoted from Sirgubster9:

so i have an 83 chexx and when you first turn it on it makes like a trumpet or horn type sound and then does nothing. Then when you put a quarter in or start the game it plays the pledge of allegiance. and then the puck pops up. do these make it so that it does something different?

So these are the "attract" sounds while the game is NOT in play. Back in the day, operators would get tired of hearing it, pulled the 2 chips, trashed them usually, and the game still operated like normal just without the attract sounds. So alot of 83 model Chexx that were on route, are now missing these! I have 6 spare pcb's I've aquired and 3 were missing these!

#2782 47 days ago

I just started having a issue where the puck ejects after a goal immediately. Any ideas why? Thanks

#2783 47 days ago

What’s the staying power on these? Are they still fun after a year?

#2784 47 days ago
    Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

I've had mine for about three months now seems that the kids like it. They don't play it as much as I thought they would. It was actually my wife's idea to get one and she hates it...go figure. I feel like playing on occasion and when we have random friends over they do as well so I think for those purposes it will never get old for when we have guests over.

#2785 47 days ago
    Quoted from Dr_Chexx:

So these are the "attract" sounds while the game is NOT in play. Back in the day, operators would get tired of hearing it, pulled the 2 chips, trashed them usually, and the game still operated like normal just without the attract sounds. So alot of 83 model Chexx that were on route, are now missing these! I have 6 spare pcb's I've aquired and 3 were missing these!

What kind of attract sounds does it make? And is it super easy to tell if mine has it or not? Mine doesn't play any attract sounds, but is it possible that I have them turned off with a setting of some kind?

#2786 47 days ago

Had mine for a little over a year now - custom Minnesota North Stars and Chicago Blackhawks. Maybe two dozen plays total - I'm sure there is bookkeeping in the settings to get an actual number of plays but haven't looked. Usually gets played when people are over, which is infrequent. Wife doesn't like playing against me...lol, and don't have any kids. Have a Namco bartop Ms. Pac-Man/Galaga that gets more use. Will be adding some pins in the near future to expand entertainment options - don't currently have any.

Do I regret getting one? No. At least not yet.

#2787 46 days ago

Suggestions:

*make sure you wipe the ice surface down with lemon pledge to make the puck glide like is on real ice

*play fast! Keep the puck moving. Try scoring from every player. Get good at passing the puck to and from all players, then make lots of passes. Try scoring with a one timer from a pass. If all you do is slooowly try to get the puck to center iceman for an “easy” shot on goal, the game will become one dimensional and boring.

*find (or develop) one or two others with similar level of playing ability, and play fast as described above. The more the group of you play, the better everyone’s skills will get and the more fun the game gets!

*play lots of best-of series (best of three/best of five/best of seven) with two players and race to sevens with three players. Get a cheap trophy for bragging rights!

*remember: faster is funner!

#2788 46 days ago

I wish there was a way to practice by myself. I've tried it,but I can't get to the other side fast enough.

#2789 46 days ago

One of the first games I purchased for our game room when we moved into or new home. 15+ years later it's still the most played. 1 on 1 or 2 against 2. Young, old, it doesn't matter. There's some down time when people are not over but then I go to pins. You'll also get almost all your money back on resell.
    IMG_2799 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2809 (resized).JPG

#2790 46 days ago

I have a Superchex pro. I’m having a issue where the puck ejects right after a goal when the spotlights are still flashing and lights are off. Anyone have this problem?

#2791 46 days ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I wish there was a way to practice by myself. I've tried it,but I can't get to the other side fast enough.
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"678f2839e0c33e4793526e76b5ed76824c47226e-1639448531-1800"};
    //]]>

Here’s how I practice by myself. Let puck on first face off go to one team. Then play that team and try to pass to all five players, any order, any direction until the puck goes to a spot that’s unreachable. Then switch sides and do with other team. Repeat until final horn sounds. Take some shots along the way. This will help your puck possession and play making skills.

#2792 45 days ago

Here’s how I practice by myself. Let puck on first face off go to one team. Then play that team and try to pass to all five players, any order, any direction until the puck goes to a spot that’s unreachable. Then switch sides and do with other team. Repeat until final horn sounds. Take some shots along the way. This will help your puck possession and play making skills.

Good tip. One player is a great way to practice passing and doing one-timers!

#2793 45 days ago
    Quoted from neverahighscore:

There's some down time when people are not over but then I go to pins.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

It's no wonder you have down time,you beat the hell out of the quest when they come over,who's gonna put up with that BS !

#2794 44 days ago

anyone have any luck repairing that little bridge of plastic where the goalie slides back and forth. Mine is taped because its been cracked which works i guess but isnt very classy looking.

#2795 44 days ago
    Quoted from Sirgubster9:

anyone have any luck repairing that little bridge of plastic where the goalie slides back and forth. Mine is taped because its been cracked which works i guess but isnt very classy looking.

The only fix is a pricey one....buy a new ice surface from ICE. And you will be happy you did.

#2796 44 days ago

The only fix is a pricey one....buy a new ice surface from ICE. And you will be happy you did.

I thought you might say that. Right now shipping from them is more than the actual ice!!!

#2797 40 days ago
    Quoted from Parzival:

I have a Miracle on Ice Version, but am looking to customize to our local college hockey program. University of North Dakota Fighting Hawks (formerly Fighting Sioux). I am thinking I would change the base to black, leave the ice mostly alone (maybe add a few decals), but I really need to update my players.
    Is there anyone out there that hand paints players that is looking for a project?

I asked ICE about why there was no UND option and I guess they have not approved a license for UND. I hope to own a Chexx someday, but until then I'm happy to have mine with the custom painted Sioux players.

20180720_202413 (resized).jpgsioux hockey (resized).jpgsioux hockey1 (resized).jpg
    #2798 40 days ago
    Quoted from Sirgubster9:

I thought you might say that. Right now shipping from them is more than the actual ice!!!

I have an extra standard playfield, brand new in the box, if you want to buy it from me cheaper. PM me for details

#2799 39 days ago

I have an extra standard playfield, brand new in the box, if you want to buy it from me cheaper. PM me for details

sending you a pm

#2800 39 days ago

hi looking for the guys who do the cup holders... the super sweet looking ones. trying to find it in this forum but its a lot of pages... any help from the peeps who have done em?

There are 2,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 57.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside