Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,114 posts
  • 431 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by GRB1959
  • Topic is favorited by 157 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Super Chexx Service Manual - Page 7.pdf (PDF preview)
    sc (resized).jpg
    IMG_0245 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0246 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0244 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0241 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20231121_223429875.jpg
    AIwr.gif
    20230402_121006 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231007_154725659 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0081 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0043 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0042 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0041 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 3,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 63.
    #2701 2 years ago

Where do you get those player leg protectors? I've seen them on location games as well.

#2702 2 years ago

I have my players custom painted in Miracle on Ice style. Think they turned out okay

905ACA48-CA97-49C6-A3B9-8A21AAEDFBF7 (resized).jpeg905ACA48-CA97-49C6-A3B9-8A21AAEDFBF7 (resized).jpegF68DC7AB-6F53-4012-8590-E088B6F1BF8F (resized).jpegF68DC7AB-6F53-4012-8590-E088B6F1BF8F (resized).jpeg
    #2703 2 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Where do you get those player leg protectors? I've seen them on location games as well.

It's shrink tubing, here's a link, select the 5/8" option. https://www.amazon.com/Heat-Shrink-Tubes-Dual-Tubing/dp/B07MHV1YPN

#2704 2 years ago

If anyone is interested, I also remade the original logo, die cut like original, no background. The decal Ice has now, the blue doesn't quite match (pictured). $25 each, $45 for 2.

received_279162740544666 (resized).jpegreceived_279162740544666 (resized).jpegreceived_3579968328894381 (resized).jpegreceived_3579968328894381 (resized).jpegreceived_485380452578893 (resized).jpegreceived_485380452578893 (resized).jpeg
    #2705 2 years ago
    Quoted from Portyman:

I just got my new super Chex pro yesterday and have playing with it. My boo button seems to playing everything but boos. Is there a setting I need to change? The older ones I played seemed to actually boo.

Quoted from ralphs007:

Don't even use my boo button,whoever came up with the new version of the boo button, should be fired!

Quoted from YZRider926:

Yeah occasionally I’ll hear boos but it’s usually random quotes from the announcer or even a cheer once in awhile.

Hi you pro owners, just a quick plug for pro-specific questions in our pro owners thread here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/superchexx-pro-owners-club/page/14#post-6343241

Just recently had a big breakthrough from one dedicated pinsider that I believe will lead to the restoration of the one true boo from the button…

#2706 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dr_Chexx:

Thanks! I have a good friend that can design, print, & paint my guys. I can envision what I want, he makes it happen. The usa flag on the other side along the red handles & collars really pops too. Here is a before / after on my guys in that table, he is really good. If anyone is interested, pm for his contact info. Thanks
    [quoted image]

Is that clearcoated or heat shrink/vinyl wrap?

Edit- sorry, missed that you had answered this earlier.

#2707 2 years ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Hi you pro owners, just a quick plug for pro-specific questions in our pro owners thread here:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/superchexx-pro-owners-club/page/14#post-6343241
    Just recently had a big breakthrough from one dedicated pinsider that I believe will lead to the restoration of the one true boo from the button…

If anyone has the WAV file of the original Boo, I would love to get it to see if it could be replaced for the the files that play when the boo button is pressed.

#2708 2 years ago

Just played a couple games with my neighbor. Such a fun game.

1 month later
    #2709 2 years ago

Hi. I am trying to replace a gearbox and can't get to it because all three short rod collars have stripped screws and can't be removed. I've tried "Ez-off" bits and sawing along the seam of the collar (to try to break the screws) but can't get them off. Trying to save the rod because the grips are the old red ones and not easy to replace. Any suggestions for how I might be able to get the screws out without damaging the rod? I'm ok buying new collars if I need to. Appreciate any advice you have. This is a new "toy" for me so I don't have alot of experience repairing it (yet)

#2710 2 years ago
    Quoted from JeffS:

Hi. I am trying to replace a gearbox and can't get to it because all three short rod collars have stripped screws and can't be removed. I've tried "Ez-off" bits and sawing along the seam of the collar (to try to break the screws) but can't get them off. Trying to save the rod because the grips are the old red ones and not easy to replace. Any suggestions for how I might be able to get the screws out without damaging the rod? I'm ok buying new collars if I need to. Appreciate any advice you have. This is a new "toy" for me so I don't have alot of experience repairing it (yet)

I have the same issue. Those older socket head bolts are pretty soft and round off easily. The newer square drive bolts seem to be a much harder material, and Robertson drive bolts won’t strip as easily as Allen head. I’ve tried soaking, easy-outs, heat etc. with little luck. It’s not a bad idea to replace all of the old bolts with new, even if they seem fine now.
    The plan is to cut the bolts through the slot in the collar, then pry open the collar slightly, enough to get it loose and off, then replace with a new collar. This worked in the past, but now I have a few more to replace. Your last resort might be to just cut the collars off and replace with new.
    Good luck!

#2711 2 years ago
    Quoted from mIkea:

I have the same issue. Those older socket head bolts are pretty soft and round off easily. The newer square drive bolts seem to be a much harder material, and Robertson drive bolts won’t strip as easily as Allen head. I’ve tried soaking, easy-outs, heat etc. with little luck. It’s not a bad idea to replace all of the old bolts with new, even if they seem fine now.
    The plan is to cut the bolts through the slot in the collar, then pry open the collar slightly, enough to get it loose and off, then replace with a new collar. This worked in the past, but now I have a few more to replace. Your last resort might be to just cut the collars off and replace with new.
    Good luck!

A basic concept that has worked for me on any stripped bolt is to make a groove that will accept a mini flat head screw driver in the head of the stripped torx bolt.

#2712 2 years ago

Cool story:

Was installing a new goalie and when I was reinstalling the screw it broke off in the receptacle. FAIL. Guess that goalie is in there for awhile..

Question: I have a super chexx pro bought just this year and I cannot get the players out. It almost looks like the clear washers they (the factory, I bought it new) used had a round hole and they just forced the square metal player post through it... now when I'm trying to pull them out I can't get the square player post to get back through the washer... anyone else experience this? I'm kind of at a loss for how to get the players out..

#2713 2 years ago
    Quoted from Snappy:

Cool story:
    Was installing a new goalie and when I was reinstalling the screw it broke off in the receptacle. FAIL. Guess that goalie is in there for awhile..
    Question: I have a super chexx pro bought just this year and I cannot get the players out. It almost looks like the clear washers they (the factory, I bought it new) used had a round hole and they just forced the square metal player post through it... now when I'm trying to pull them out I can't get the square player post to get back through the washer... anyone else experience this? I'm kind of at a loss for how to get the players out..

Pinsider latenite04 used to offer up a player removal tool for sale. I am not sure if they are still available or not.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey/page/46#post-5539056

Gord

2 weeks later
    #2714 2 years ago

Just picked up an original chexx. It's missing a lot of stuff but I'm still just so excited. Wanted one since I was 13. So my plan is to read through this whole thing but there are 55 pages so might take some time. Was wondering if anyone on here had a pdf copy of the manual for chexx Not super chexx which can be found everywhere. Sorry if it's already posted somewhere in here. Thanks.

#2715 2 years ago

Snappy - the washers are designed that way. The first couple times removing & installing players will be tuff. Place one hand on ice around player, then other hand wrap 2 fingers around bottom of player & pull straight up with force. Some owners don't use the washers, try without them, if players don't fly off (usually kids playing rough cause this) just leave off.

#2716 2 years ago

Sirgubster- you have the 83 model, nice! Paper manual on ebay sometimes, pdf online. I just picked up another 83 recently & shooting some vids cleaning it up. Hit me up if you need help, I can fix the scoreboard & pcb most times.

#2717 2 years ago

If anyone needs 83 scoreboard period lights with new bulbs pm me !! I hope to do a trade-in program, where you send me your burned out ones & I send good ones back. I have like 8 scoreboards worth of the period lights, so they are ready to go! If trading in, $15 each. If no trade in, $40 each.

As you may have found out, these are not simple plug in bulbs. I found the right bulbs to solder in. You cannot buy these from Ice.

IMG_20210820_215545_229 (resized).jpgIMG_20210820_215545_229 (resized).jpg
    #2718 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dr_Chexx:

If anyone needs 83 scoreboard period lights with new bulbs pm me !! I hope to do a trade-in program, where you send me your burned out ones & I send good ones back. I have like 8 scoreboards worth of the period lights, so they are ready to go! If trading in, $15 each. If no trade in, $40 each.
    As you may have found out, these are not simple plug in bulbs. I found the right bulbs to solder in. You cannot buy these from Ice.
    [quoted image]

I have no clue what I am going to need but I assume I Will il need these, but that is a long way off sadly... OK saw one on ebay, but couldn't tell what I was buying. Also saw some random site selling a pdf download version but didn't trust the site. Any pdf version on here or should i wait until I find something on ebay? And ya 83 version so crazy so much fun to look forward to.

1 week later
    #2719 2 years ago

Alright just picked up a project Bubble Hockey and the scoreboard and light seem to be out on it. Is there a fuse or something that would cause this in the game? Game has sound and plays just no scoreboard or light. This game is early 2000's Thanks for the help!

#2720 2 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Looking to buy a Super Chexx bubble hockey in the KC area. Had one a couple years ago when the kids were little, now they're older and I want to get one back. Message me if you've got one to sell. Thanks
    EDIT: Found one, turned into unofficial thread as requested
    Pictures of my original CHEXX upgraded to NHL plus LED lighting upgrade details here:
    http://gameroominfo.com/2016/11/07/bubble-hockey-lighting-upgrade/
    I've put up a general bubble hockey guide here:
    http://gameroominfo.com/bubble-hockey-guide/
    Cleaning your bubble hockey:
    http://gameroominfo.com/2016/12/06/clean-chexx-bubble-hockey/
    Common Chexx parts here:
    http://gameroominfo.com/2016/11/30/common-chexx-bubble-hockey-parts/
    Replacing your players here:
    http://gameroominfo.com/2016/11/29/replace-chexx-bubble-hockey-players/
    Removing the ice here:
    http://gameroominfo.com/2017/10/10/removing-ice-chexx-bubble-hockey/
    Replacing a gearbox here:
    http://gameroominfo.com/2017/10/10/replacing-gearbox-chexx-bubble-hockey/
    New Super Chexx Pro:
    http://gameroominfo.com/2017/10/26/super-chexx-pro-bubble-hockey-released/
    How to add names/numbers to your players:
    http://gameroominfo.com/2017/10/17/putting-numbers-names-chexx-bubble-hockey-players/
    Hopefully these help someone out.
    Now selling chexx cup holders as well. Email me at [email protected] if you’re interested in a red, blue, or black pair. See the picture for the colors.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

quoting the very first post!!!! I am doing the exact same thing as you good sir. Have an original Chexx and basically want mine to look sweet like yours without spending a bunch... because I feel like if I wanted to spend a bunch I oculd have just got a newer one right... anywho I saw you painted your original base from dark blue to black, but the base is made out of like a weird hairy plastic, how did you get yours to look so gosh dang clean... did you just spray paint it?

#2721 2 years ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

Alright just picked up a project Bubble Hockey and the scoreboard and light seem to be out on it. Is there a fuse or something that would cause this in the game? Game has sound and plays just no scoreboard or light. This game is early 2000's Thanks for the help!

Mine is about that age and when I got it the light was out. It’s a CFL, so not shocked. There is actually an LED that will fit, but I can’t for the life of me remember the part number and mine is on location.

I bought a Super Chexx at auction and fixed it up and put it on location when I have 10 pins. It just passes 100% ROI today. Took 12 months. Very happy with that and being at a roller hockey rink probably helped.

#2722 2 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

I’m not sure a printed player, specifically the stick would stand up to being played with compared to the molded players.

I ag

Quoted from Sirgubster9:

quoting the very first post!!!! I am doing the exact same thing as you good sir. Have an original Chexx and basically want mine to look sweet like yours without spending a bunch... because I feel like if I wanted to spend a bunch I oculd have just got a newer one right... anywho I saw you painted your original base from dark blue to black, but the base is made out of like a weird hairy plastic, how did you get yours to look so gosh dang clean... did you just spray paint it?

I did just spray paint it. I think I originally tried gloss black and it looked terrible in the spot I tried, then I switched to flat or satin black I think and then it worked much better. Don't ask me why that is, but it's what worked for me. I also spray painted the top white which didn't hold up as well longer term unfortunately...still looks good, just some chipping by the goalie handle.

If you're looking to save money over a new one, honestly it all depends on what you bought the used one for. I think I spent almost $1k bringing mine back to life, which in hindsight probably wasn't the best idea. I mean I saved $1k over buying a new NHL version of the older scoreboard, but also the value overall would have been higher with the newer model. If they'd ever offer their scoreboard kit for the older original chexx models, then I'd jump on that instantly.

#2723 2 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Mine is about that age and when I got it the light was out. It’s a CFL, so not shocked. There is actually an LED that will fit, but I can’t for the life of me remember the part number and mine is on location.
    I bought a Super Chexx at auction and fixed it up and put it on location when I have 10 pins. It just passes 100% ROI today. Took 12 months. Very happy with that and being at a roller hockey rink probably helped.

Yeah my scoreboard and light are both out on it.. I found a guy on Ebay who has another circuitboard that works for $100 so I going to try that route first before I start looking for a new scoreboard.

#2724 2 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

I ag

I did just spray paint it. I think I originally tried gloss black and it looked terrible in the spot I tried, then I switched to flat or satin black I think and then it worked much better. Don't ask me why that is, but it's what worked for me. I also spray painted the top white which didn't hold up as well longer term unfortunately...still looks good, just some chipping by the goalie handle.
    If you're looking to save money over a new one, honestly it all depends on what you bought the used one for. I think I spent almost $1k bringing mine back to life, which in hindsight probably wasn't the best idea. I mean I saved $1k over buying a new NHL version of the older scoreboard, but also the value overall would have been higher with the newer model. If they'd ever offer their scoreboard kit for the older original chexx models, then I'd jump on that instantly.

Thanks for getting back to me, ya I was leaning towards satin as well. When you have more shine it shows more flaws which mine will definitely have. I may even try flat, but I like the idea of satin. Ya My fear is once I have done all the stuff I need to do itll cost me more than if I would have bought a much better used one. The new ones are just so darn expensive.... and I kind of like the idea of playing on the one I used to play on as a kid you know. Just the people alone Im already in 300 bucks ha ha. Not looking to resell so im ok with my value not being there just want a super fun one that plays well...so I guess only time will tell. Thanks again. oh and thanks for all your videos and info... Ive read em all and watched em all. Do you have any videos or info on the scoreboard slash wiring going to the scoreboard? like that wrap thats sticks to the bubble that shoots up from under the ice to the score board?

Im basically having to put mine together from scratch... so ya. itll be fun and your videos are great.

#2725 2 years ago

Alright got my new circuitboard in the mail and now my scoreboard is working. But I have a weird issue during gameplay the boo button is registering goals when you push it..

Added over 3 years ago:

Fixed, found bent switch causing problem on coin door.

#2726 2 years ago

Moving my Chexx. Unplugged from the wall the ground stayed in the outlets. I got it out, but it’s broken off. Guess I need a new power cord.

#2727 2 years ago

Just listed a nice SUPER CHEXX Bubble Hockey Game for a friend on Matketplace. Located in Ft Wayne IN or could transport to Toledo area. Pics on Marketplace

2 weeks later
    #2728 2 years ago

So long story short, my refrigerators water dispensing solenoid broke and we weren't home. Right under my kitchen, in the basement, was my Bubble Boys. Water from above must have hit the dome and wrapped its way around the plastic into the base. Thankfully it was not plugged in. I took the top off and emptied all the water form the base. Must have been around 10 gallons of water in there. Dried the ice surface off too. It has been sitting with the dehumidifier on for weeks now and is completely dry. Since I took it apart in a hurry I didn't pay attention to the connections. I just don't remember how to connect the speaker wires and the display correctly. Seems like the connector for the display has an extra space for a pin so I don't know if I should line it up to one side or the other. Anyone local to Randolph, NJ want to come and help me reconnect everything so it doesn't get messed up when I turn it on? We can play some games, I will get some beer and pizza too. Or perhaps a Face Time call from someone that knows these things would be great. PM me if you are okay with that and I will send my cell number. I appreciate it. Thanks, Ant

3 weeks later
    #2729 2 years ago

Looking for feedback on value of my super Chexx.
    HUO never in an arcade, players have been painted Bruins vs Canadians all star with names and numbers paint.
    No issues plays great with coin mech

Other - For Sale
    “Super Chex in very good condition Boston Bruins vs Montreal Canadians classic All stars See pictures for players and condition Players names and numbers are painted not stickers...”
    2021-09-24
    , NH
    1,900 (OBO)
    Archived after: 40 days
    Viewed: 644 times

What do you think value is?
    Does it hurt value players being painted?

#2730 2 years ago
    Quoted from Madmax541:Looking for feedback on value of my super Chexx.
    HUO never in an arcade, players have been painted Bruins vs Canadians all star with names and numbers paint.
    No issues plays great with coin mech

Other - For Sale

Super Chex Hockey Bruins vs Canadians

“Super Chex in very good condition
    Boston Bruins vs Montreal Canadians classic All stars

See pictures for players and condition

Players names and numbers are painted not stickers...”

34 days ago

Goffstown, NH

2,200 (OBO)

Madmax541

What do you think value is?
    Does it hurt value players being painted?

I just bought a really nice Blackhawks vs Leafs Chexx in similar condition for $1800 of FB marketplace. It sat for a few weeks at $2300 and when the seller dropped the price to $2k I put in an offer which was accepted. Mine came with an extra set of the stock players as well. I'd put the value in the $1700-$2k range. I think $2k is a psychological barrier for buyers when deciding whether to buy used or new. I do think the custom painted players hurts the value a little. I think the team players from Chexx look better even if they have decals on them.

20211029_070037 (resized).jpg20211029_070037 (resized).jpg20211029_070046 (resized).jpg20211029_070046 (resized).jpg
    #2731 2 years ago

Appreciate feedback

#2732 2 years ago
    Quoted from Madmax541:

Looking for feedback on value of my super Chexx.

From the pictures it looks like yours has a split base. I would mention that in your ad, I think a lot of people avoid chexx because they are worried about getting it through the door.

#2733 2 years ago

Don't know if this game is going out of favor here in southern california, but the price used to be super high and I felt like I barely saw them up for sale. lately though i have seen them sitting at 1500 to 2000 and being sold at 1000 or 1300, which seems like a crazy good deal to me, but sadly I have mine that I'm working on so I haven't been able to take advantage of this pricing.

#2734 2 years ago

Question about the boards, the standard ones are white with yellow bumper. Mine is missing them; are they just a white sticker? And if they are just a sticker how do they not look horrible from the outside since the bubble is see through? Are they some sort of special two sided sticker?

#2735 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sirgubster9:

Question about the boards, the standard ones are white with yellow bumper. Mine is missing them; are they just a white sticker? And if they are just a sticker how do they not look horrible from the outside since the bubble is see through? Are they some sort of special two sided sticker?

Yes, they are a sticker. Make sure you clean the dome really good so they adhere flush. Not sure what magic ICE puts in the glue but they look good from the outside. Be careful installing the yellow plastic pieces. Mount them too high and pucks will get stuck under them. And if you need to pull them to adjust, you risk pulling up the decal. Others may have additional advice

#2736 2 years ago

Dasher board logos look great around the whole game

ebay.com link: itm

3D4E4A40-4486-476A-BD29-8BC2E78A06ED (resized).jpeg3D4E4A40-4486-476A-BD29-8BC2E78A06ED (resized).jpeg
    #2737 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cmjb13:

Dasher board logos look great around the whole game
    ebay.com link: itm[quoted image]

Im torn on this, I was thinking about doing this but with custom advertisements like of all the crap im into, and then I thought ohhhh maybe I could do all the way around on the interior and the exterior, but then I thought it might be a bit over the top.... and then I also thought does it hinder gameplay at all, like is it ever difficult to see the puck or whatever when its up against your glass for instance?

How does your game look like from the outside? are the dasher boards also pretty good when looking through the clear bubble onto the backside of the sticker?

#2738 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Yes, they are a sticker. Make sure you clean the dome really good so they adhere flush. Not sure what magic ICE puts in the glue but they look good from the outside. Be careful installing the yellow plastic pieces. Mount them too high and pucks will get stuck under them. And if you need to pull them to adjust, you risk pulling up the decal. Others may have additional advice

Wonderful advice on the yellow bumpers, didnt even think of that and now I know what to look out for, appreciate it.

#2739 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sirgubster9:

Im torn on this, I was thinking about doing this but with custom advertisements like of all the crap im into, and then I thought ohhhh maybe I could do all the way around on the interior and the exterior, but then I thought it might be a bit over the top.... and then I also thought does it hinder gameplay at all, like is it ever difficult to see the puck or whatever when its up against your glass for instance?
    How does your game look like from the outside? are the dasher boards also pretty good when looking through the clear bubble onto the backside of the sticker?

I’ve had these installed for a few years and nobody has ever mentioned the look from the outside. The original run had a grey backing. Newer ones are white. I have had people say how great they look from the inside. I guess it depends on your preference.

Once in a while, one of the corner men with the long hockey stick will brush up against the yellow dasher board that’s curved in the corner. But that was more due to my installation. To get them installed in the corners, I had to use a heat gun to get it soft enough to bend.
    06E0E692-C5C3-4EA5-850E-B28E0BBC5B9E (resized).jpeg06E0E692-C5C3-4EA5-850E-B28E0BBC5B9E (resized).jpeg6ED519E5-A615-4AFD-8D64-9C416F19F958 (resized).jpeg6ED519E5-A615-4AFD-8D64-9C416F19F958 (resized).jpeg

#2740 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cmjb13:

I’ve had these installed for a few years and nobody has ever mentioned the look from the outside. They have mentioned how great they look from the inside.
    I guess it depends on your preference. [quoted image][quoted image]

1 week later
    #2741 2 years ago

Is it possible to purchase a new chexx machine and add NHL software after. If so how is the process?

#2742 2 years ago

Love these custom nets, looks so much better!

PXL_20211113_182022581 (resized).jpgPXL_20211113_182022581 (resized).jpgPXL_20211113_182053835 (resized).jpgPXL_20211113_182053835 (resized).jpg
    #2743 2 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Love these custom nets, looks so much better![quoted image][quoted image]

Those nets look pretty cool. Did you get the nets from the following URL?

https://www.chexxmods.com/thenet

I like what you did with the water bottle on the back of the net. The nets from Chexx Mods doesn't contain the water bottle for each net so I assume that you added this yourself.

Gord

#2744 2 years ago
    Quoted from GRB1959:

Those nets look pretty cool. Did you get the nets from the following URL?

https://www.chexxmods.com/thenet

I like what you did with the water bottle on the back of the net. The nets from Chexx Mods doesn't contain the water bottle for each net so I assume that you added this yourself.

Gord

Nope got them from a guy on Facebook. Not sure there is any other way to contact him than there but super nice and got them done and shipped out quickly. https://www.facebook.com/thomas.bouvart.31

#2745 2 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Nope got them from a guy on Facebook. Not sure there is any other way to contact him than there but super nice and got them done and shipped out quickly. https://www.facebook.com/thomas.bouvart.31

Thanks for the response. I don't do Facebook, but I appreciate the lead.

Gord

#2746 2 years ago

Restoring an 83 chexx and I purchased this gasket and have no idea how it installs. Tried to find any info online and nothing and looked at pictures of other people stuff and can't figure it out. Anyone able to help me... Ps. Retro bright is amazing for whitening up the ice... Seriously night and day and has no effect on the colored lines. Thanks goes out to the one who suggested it on here.

20211116_204902 (resized).jpg20211116_204902 (resized).jpg20211116_204924 (resized).jpg20211116_204924 (resized).jpg

#2747 2 years ago

My chexx is in storage but I believe that goes between the white playfield and the cabinet to provide a bit of a seal for the bubble. But the long side down and leave the little part on the top. I could be wrong. Look at the photo here...

ebay.com link: Super Chexx Pro Bubble Hockey Cabinet Gasket PART SC4003 BRAND NEW

#2748 2 years ago

Actually looks like it may lay flat...

Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 5.31.13 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-11-17 at 5.31.13 PM (resized).png
    #2749 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sirgubster9:

Restoring an 83 chexx and I purchased this gasket and have no idea how it installs. Tried to find any info online and nothing and looked at pictures of other people stuff and can't figure it out..
    [quoted image][quoted image]

It lays flat. It is essentially a gasket between the metal body and the dome. It sticks to the perimeter and covers the bolt holes, so you will need to cut out the holes if you’re putting the bolts back in. Cut a V-notch for the corners with the rounded ‘lip’ toward the outside. Hope that makes sense.

#2750 2 years ago
    Quoted from mIkea:

It lays flat. It is essentially a gasket between the metal body and the dome. It sticks to the perimeter and covers the bolt holes, so you will need to cut out the holes if you’re putting the bolts back in. Cut a V-notch for the corners with the rounded ‘lip’ toward the outside. Hope that makes sense.

that makes a ton of sense and thank you to pinpickle as well. Ok so you cut the inside of the gasket strip and kind of fold it together in order to make the corners; I was confused about that and then I was super confused on trying to figure out where to put it so that the gasket didn't go over the holes but since it is supposed to go over the holes that kind of solves that problem as well.

OK so some sort of glue or adhesive to keep it down on the metal; does it install like right up against the perimeter just a hair away from hanging over the edge? or did you guys use the bubble some how to guide where the gasket should end up being installed? and then does the ICE just lay on top of it?

There are 3,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey/page/55?hl=sirgubster9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.