Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,114 posts
  • 431 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 days ago by GRB1959
  • Topic is favorited by 157 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Super Chexx Service Manual - Page 7.pdf (PDF preview)
    sc (resized).jpg
    IMG_0245 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0246 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0244 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0241 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20231121_223429875.jpg
    AIwr.gif
    20230402_121006 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231007_154725659 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0081 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0043 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0042 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0041 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 3,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 63.
    #2551 3 years ago

Big lot of used bubble hockey parts for sale. Displays, players, hardware, etc,etc. $200 for all. Pickup in Topsfield, MA or $21.10 for a USPS large flat rate box.

bubble hockey (resized).JPGbubble hockey (resized).JPG
    #2552 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Big lot of used bubble hockey parts for sale. Displays, players, hardware, etc,etc. $200 for all. Pickup in Topsfield, MA or $21.10 for a USPS large flat rate box.
    [quoted image]

Are those the old scoreboard board? NOS or used?

#2553 3 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Are those the old scoreboard board? NOS or used?

They are used.

#2554 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Great price for all of these! It's always good to have spare parts for an older Super Chexx.

#2555 3 years ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

Still have room for some pins. Now to find the money for the pins.
    [quoted image]

Looks Great....Love the Room...Now you need to start filling it up with other pinballs and Video games so It doesn't look so empty LOL!

#2556 3 years ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

I don’t think Who-Dey wants to friends tonight. Maybe tomorrow. Go Browns!

Haha! Did you see those guys fighting in the stands? The battle of Ohio!!! I think the two of you should plan a home-and-home Chexx series....just no fisticuffs!

#2557 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Haha! Did you see those guys fighting in the stands? The battle of Ohio!!! I think the two of you should plan a home-and-home Chexx series....just no fisticuffs!

Lol I'm getting too old for fisticuffs these days. Heck I do good just to stand all the way through a game of bubble hockey.

#2558 3 years ago

I saw a YouTube video last night and they were saying ICE is going to start making home versions of several games that they make including the Super Chexx bubble hockey game.

They are going to be 3/4 scale and at a cheaper price point but no prices have been set yet. They will have a pop a shot basketball game, skeetball, claw machine, bubble hockey and I'm not sure what all else. I think they said 2 weeks they will be coming out and talking about it. This should be interesting.

#2559 3 years ago

Some updated wall swag for the Bubble Hockey side of the upper gameroom. Also added under cabinet sound activated color changing led's. Really cool with the jukebox jamming and bubble hockey call-outs!! Slap Shot was the first R movie I saw. I still love it today. Played Ice Hockey in High School and College and when I turned 21, I searched for bars that had a Bubble Hockey to play. I knew I would own one someday. It was the first non-pinball I purchased long ago and still the most played game today!
    IMG_2791 (resized).JPGIMG_2791 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2799 (resized).JPGIMG_2799 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2803 (resized).JPGIMG_2803 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2809 (resized).JPGIMG_2809 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2823 (resized).JPGIMG_2823 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1782 (resized).JPGIMG_1782 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1768 (resized).JPGIMG_1768 (resized).JPG

#2560 3 years ago
    Quoted from neverahighscore:

Some updated wall swag for the Bubble Hockey side of the upper gameroom. Also added under cabinet sound activated color changing led's. Really cool with the jukebox jamming and bubble hockey call-outs!! Slap Shot was the first R movie I saw. I still love it today. Played Ice Hockey in High School and College and when I turned 21, I searched for bars that had a Bubble Hockey to play. I knew I would own one someday. It was the first non-pinball I purchased long ago and still the most played game today!
    ]

Nice to see a top of the bubble mod like I have. The metal plate lends itself for a topper with magnets.

#2561 3 years ago
    Quoted from neverahighscore:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Nice layout!! Love Gritty on top of the dome.

#2562 3 years ago

The strip that the goalie slides on broke, so I got a new surface. Wow it’s white. I knew the old one was not great, but it was quite yellow in comparison. You can see where it broke, on the left side. It had been hot glue repaired previously but gave way after 200 or so plays on location. Didn’t really want to hack job it back together so I got a new one. The kids at the rink watching me do this we’re pretty happy. Now that it’s done, so am I.

D0878343-E085-403A-AAAB-80FB1CBAEA83 (resized).jpegD0878343-E085-403A-AAAB-80FB1CBAEA83 (resized).jpeg
    #2563 3 years ago

Some of my friends want to come over tomorrow night to play some bubble hockey. What’s the best way to do a tournament? Double elimination? also how long should I make the periods.

#2564 3 years ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

Some of my friends want to come over tomorrow night to play some bubble hockey. What’s the best way to do a tournament? Double elimination? also how long should I make the periods.

It’s hockey. Bracket, best X of Y or bust.

#2565 3 years ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

1 minute periods are the best.

Run a basic double elimination bracket with best of threes.

How many players?

#2566 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Run a basic double elimination bracket with best of threes.

Ended up doing double elimination with 8 players with 1:30 periods . Wish I would have done 1 min periods. It took a long time. Also had last chance puck on.

68909FB4-EB92-4AA9-8A36-3FD34A7F8E78 (resized).jpeg68909FB4-EB92-4AA9-8A36-3FD34A7F8E78 (resized).jpeg6C478865-AE63-4006-9B49-88367BCB3193 (resized).jpeg6C478865-AE63-4006-9B49-88367BCB3193 (resized).jpegEBF89B10-8F0D-4616-9FB9-BB6D1A24F3A5 (resized).jpegEBF89B10-8F0D-4616-9FB9-BB6D1A24F3A5 (resized).jpegFF8AD098-F925-45B1-A9D5-759A5CB972F8 (resized).jpegFF8AD098-F925-45B1-A9D5-759A5CB972F8 (resized).jpeg
    #2567 3 years ago

Congrats on your first Tournament!!! A second bubble hockey game will shorten the event time! Haha!! There’s a guy in New Jersey, John Gafney, that hosts regular tournaments with a group of friends. He has 3-4 games in his basement to speed things along and keep people from sitting too long.

#2568 3 years ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

Ended up doing double elimination with 8 players with 1:30 periods . Wish I would have done 1 min periods. It took a long time. Also had last chance puck on.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

One minute periods are for sure the way to go especially with the last chance puck on. I’ve had games that last almost 10 minutes that way. The stand for your game looks nice just need to add an extra 6 inches so I don’t break my back!

#2569 3 years ago

I have an NHL Super Chexx Coin op. How do I switch it to Free Play? Thanks

#2570 3 years ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

Ended up doing double elimination with 8 players with 1:30 periods . Wish I would have done 1 min periods. It took a long time. Also had last chance puck on.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like a good time TAZ, glad to see that you are enjoying your game. Super Chexx is awesome!

#2571 3 years ago

Hello,

I recently purchased an 83’ Chexx game. The lights, puck and sound work... but the period indicators are stuck at 3rd period on one side and 2nd on another and the score is blank (not even a zero). Do you guys know what it could be?

Thanks,

86A4EAC6-15D2-4CF7-9416-AAE09C1172D6 (resized).jpeg86A4EAC6-15D2-4CF7-9416-AAE09C1172D6 (resized).jpegB9C982F5-9389-4AA2-B010-426FCA63F83C (resized).jpegB9C982F5-9389-4AA2-B010-426FCA63F83C (resized).jpeg
    #2572 3 years ago
    Quoted from Somer23:

I have an NHL Super Chexx Coin op. How do I switch it to Free Play? Thanks

Change the coins per game to zero and that should do the trick.

#2573 3 years ago

Update: sometimes when I turn it on, it displays a score but the game is then impossible to start unless I unplug it / plug it in again.

DA867110-7985-4727-B53F-17F6961AD4CD (resized).jpegDA867110-7985-4727-B53F-17F6961AD4CD (resized).jpeg
    #2574 3 years ago

Recently joined the club. They rarely pop up for sale in Utah.

Thought I’d share a tech tip/experiment. The ice surface in the game was warped in a decent-sized area. I figured I might be buying new ice anyways, so I’d try fix it with a heat gun and weights. It didn’t work, even lightly applying heat made it worse and attempting to heat more and put weights on it only got worse, the weights did nothing. Given time to cool the ice returned to its previous but warped state. So for now to at least temporarily fix the issue I’ve put double-sided tape in a number of problem spots on top of the rails. So far so good, but I have doubts about it for the long term.

#2575 3 years ago
    Quoted from slcpinball:

Thought I’d share a tech tip/experiment. The ice surface in the game was warped in a decent-sized area. I figured I might be buying new ice anyways, so I’d try fix it with a heat gun and weights. It didn’t work, even lightly applying heat made it worse and attempting to heat more and put weights on it only got worse, the weights did nothing. Given time to cool the ice returned to its previous but warped state. So for now to at least temporarily fix the issue I’ve put double-sided tape in a number of problem spots on top of the rails. So far so good, but I have doubts about it for the long term.

Not sure if it's still hot enough in Utah but if you get a 90+ degree day take it out in the sun and put it between two pieces of glass with some weigh on top. The sun will make it soft enough and the weight will flatten it back out. This is a great way to flatten and pinball playfield plastics as well!

#2576 3 years ago
    Quoted from slcpinball:

Just buy a new ice surface...you’ll be glad you did.

1 week later
    #2577 3 years ago

Hello all, hopefully I'm in the right place, was just recently given an old cx-83 Canada vs USA. It's definitely in need of some TLC but for the most part its all good. But as of right now I'm having a problem with goals registering on the left hand side (when facing the coin slot). I'm waiting on an actual game puck to arrive but have been using a magnet to test the OH sensors which work fine but when placed by the sensors for the goal instead of it registering I get the sound as if I've hit the boo button, the right hand side works just fine and adds a goal. other than that, think about the only thing that needs work is the puck ejector replaced. If anyone had any ideas or suggestions on what the problem might be it'd be greatly appreciated.

Resized_20201006_182755_6659 (resized).jpegResized_20201006_182755_6659 (resized).jpeg
    #2578 3 years ago

[quoted image]

I'd be interested in a scoreboard if you split. Maybe two so I have an extra

#2579 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ramsden33:

Hello all, hopefully I'm in the right place, was just recently given an old cx-83 Canada vs USA. It's definitely in need of some TLC but for the most part its all good. But as of right now I'm having a problem with goals registering on the left hand side (when facing the coin slot). I'm waiting on an actual game puck to arrive but have been using a magnet to test the OH sensors which work fine but when placed by the sensors for the goal instead of it registering I get the sound as if I've hit the boo button, the right hand side works just fine and adds a goal. other than that, think about the only thing that needs work is the puck ejector replaced. If anyone had any ideas or suggestions on what the problem might be it'd be greatly appreciated.
    [quoted image]

If you press the boo button does it score a goal? Maybe some wires got connected wrong. Search http://pinrepair.com/arcade/chexx.htm for "Chexx CPU Board Architecture" and there are links for the schematics. Part3 has the goal sensors.

#2580 3 years ago

Hey all, I recently purchased one of these bad boys from someone local as a gift for my father-in-law.. he's always wanted one. I didn't realize how difficult it would be to find some replacement parts though so I was hoping I could get some ideas from this site.

The one thing that definitely needs to be replaced is the cable that goes from the CPU to the scoreboard.. One of the pins on the cable burnt out causing the scoreboard to flicker randomly. I was told that I can't dig out the pin and replace. Does anyone either a) have a replacement harness that I could purchase from them or b) know where I can look to find them? I spoke to a gentleman via email who said that he could sell me one half of it but I would need to crimp it, which I'm always up for a challenge, just don't know if I want to test it for my first time doing it on this piece.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. I included some pictures if anyone wants to check it out. Cheers!

-Sean

20200701_140737 (resized).jpg20200701_140737 (resized).jpg20200701_140755 (resized).jpg20200701_140755 (resized).jpg
    #2581 3 years ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

If you press the boo button does it score a goal? Maybe some wires got connected wrong. Search http://pinrepair.com/arcade/chexx.htm for "Chexx CPU Board Architecture" and there are links for the schematics. Part3 has the goal sensors.

Nope, pressing the boo button still triggers the boos. even jumping the pins for the goal sensors triggers the boos and thats when I started to really get puzzled. but thanks, I'll take any literature I can on it

#2582 3 years ago

Stupid me had a big lapse in thought, I only jumped the pins at the sensor board. when jumping the pins on the actual board it counts the goals. so looks like I'll be checking the wires and sensor board for a short

#2583 3 years ago

Any difference in gameplay between the super chexx and shelti slapshoot?

I owned a slapshot about ten years ago and was thinking of buying a super chexx

Is the extra cost worth it

#2584 3 years ago
    Quoted from PappaDubz:

Any difference in gameplay between the super chexx and shelti slapshoot?
    I owned a slapshot about ten years ago and was thinking of buying a super chexx
    Is the extra cost worth it

Corvette vs Chevette. There are people who couldn't tell the difference between the two cars. The same will be true for some with bubble hockey. But every aspect is a good correlation: especially game play, parts availability, and resale value.

#2585 3 years ago
    Quoted from gorditas:

Corvette vs Chevette. There are people who couldn't tell the difference between the two cars. The same will be true for some with bubble hockey. But every aspect is a good correlation: especially game play, parts availability, and resale value.

There is only Super Chexx....the rest are just posers

2 weeks later
    #2586 3 years ago

Having a great time with my new table from ICE ..... we just play all the time.... kids love it ..... had to teach them the inner workings of gears n such so they know not to just grind with the game have some finesse!!!! n I’ve been keeping ice shiny and slippery with lemon pledge. one thing I noticed was that the puck takes a beating and little black like dust pieces you can see here n there, I think old pucks were of better nature but other than that one time it got stuck on a loop which made me mad it would just say “” score score goal period one here we go period 2 here we go score and on and on ... turned it on then off no issued anymore !!!! JESUS ID HATE FOR SOMETHING TO HAPPEN WITH THIS THING WHICH IS BRAND NEW !!!!

#2587 3 years ago

HEY BLITZBURG !!!! You ain’t tellin no lies my brotha - I’ve had all the other tables - Shelti slapshot which is same as the ESPN one and others - the Carrom signature stick which is in my opinion the only other one even remotely similar- but nah people there’s a reason why it’s the $$$ you pay it’s a one in a million once in a life time thing .... I’ve asked the people at ICE and since 1983 they have made 30,000 of these .... so yeah they are something....

#2588 3 years ago

The only game that has come remotely close in matching Chexx is one produced locally here by a company that I believe is now long out of business, their presence online appears like it has been wiped and is hard to find anything about it... but we had one at a company I worked at and I played it for years... it is a different game as the surface is significantly larger and you can actually intentionally get some lift to the puck... it was a real blast to play, a little slow paced than Chexx games but just amazing.

https://web.archive.org/web/20080511161508/http://www.artizangames.com/table-top-hockey/table-hockey-games.html

table-hockey-game-le-5 (resized).jpgtable-hockey-game-le-5 (resized).jpg
    #2589 3 years ago

That looks amazing.

Did you ever take a puck to the teeth?

#2590 3 years ago
    Quoted from Oaken:

That looks amazing.
    Did you ever take a puck to the teeth?

YES! More than once... and we could intentionally shoot the puck out of play, like to ice it.

#2591 3 years ago

Hi everyone! 6'2" here and getting some of the back issues others have mentioned. Can anyone recommend someone that might be able to build and ship a custom riser platform?

I've seen a few custom builds by owners on this thread and will reach out directly, just curious if there's a go to company/person others have used. Thanks!

#2592 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Any chance you'd be willing to sell a Russian short stick player by itself?

#2593 3 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Looks like a good time TAZ, glad to see that you are enjoying your game. Super Chexx is awesome!

RIP dude. A true Super Chexx fan has passed. He bought his after I convinced him to get one. Peace.

#2594 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jeks:

Hi everyone! 6'2" here and getting some of the back issues others have mentioned. Can anyone recommend someone that might be able to build and ship a custom riser platform?
    I've seen a few custom builds by owners on this thread and will reach out directly, just curious if there's a go to company/person others have used. Thanks!

5' 11 5/8" here, and I can't play mine for more than 10 minutes without cramping up... Definitely need at least 3" of rise. I wish Ice offered this. I don't want diamond plate. And I'd want the base secured to it, so that it's like one piece. Molded plastic like the base, would probably be best...

#2595 3 years ago

Curious,
    I heard a rumor that ICE was going to offer a Super Chexx Pro upgrade kit. Anyone know is that true or not?

#2598 3 years ago

Has anyone been able to change the video clips on the new Jumbotron system?

1 week later
    #2599 3 years ago

Can anyone tell me what era this is from? Found it for ledd than 1k which is an absolute steal considering how few ever made it over the pond... Can't wait for it to arrive and to mod it, although i am stunned how much the upgrade kits cost

84769403-4978-4BAE-BB17-DF289A00E9AD (resized).jpeg84769403-4978-4BAE-BB17-DF289A00E9AD (resized).jpegA56D5074-9445-4BF2-9346-19E9D8CF2C21 (resized).jpegA56D5074-9445-4BF2-9346-19E9D8CF2C21 (resized).jpegB949379A-A7E5-4A63-BB44-7203C557143B (resized).jpegB949379A-A7E5-4A63-BB44-7203C557143B (resized).jpeg
    #2600 3 years ago
    Quoted from theadicts77:

Can anyone tell me what era this is from? Found it for ledd than 1k which is an absolute steal considering how few ever made it over the pond... Can't wait for it to arrive and to mod it, although i am stunned how much the upgrade kits cost
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

"It was renamed Super Chexx in 1988". Must be in the 1988 - 1998 range I'd say.

There are 3,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey/page/52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.