6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,555 posts
  • 343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by 3pinballs
  • Topic is favorited by 121 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 697 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bubble hockey (resized).JPG
    IMG_1994 (resized).JPG
    2577CC37-FA26-4217-BEBF-8B67C0E6F6CC (resized).jpeg
    6FB21BDA-D32B-4D7E-8990-2DF05BEF9513 (resized).jpeg
    E038AFBA-E9E8-4236-BA3C-8D2BC97BC4DF (resized).jpeg
    20200914_163655 (resized).jpg
    20200914_163709 (resized).jpg
    20200914_163715 (resized).jpg
    0926B323-3AD5-4955-B8B8-0D4B93EB1111 (resized).jpeg
    6C180B9B-C7CB-4B27-8F03-2F2F23318773 (resized).jpeg
    9C35535D-7FF0-4B78-84EF-EAF44919BF90 (resized).jpeg
    0B86918D-4137-4B53-8D60-9E249E175C2B (resized).jpeg
    81416916-8DA0-4976-94C4-2B9334F111D1 (resized).jpeg
    42AFA637-8E81-4B27-8B2E-A21E960DC245 (resized).jpeg
     (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

There are 2555 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 52.
    #2501 15 days ago
    Quoted from SUPERMAXX:

A question for anyone here —- I have brand new machine - anyone have any issues with speakers crackling or anything like that ???

No issues on my end. I would call ice tech support.

#2502 15 days ago
    Quoted from SUPERMAXX:

anyone have any issues with speakers crackling or anything like that ???

During game play? Or when the game is in standby. I obviously don’t have my game yet, but it sounds like a amplifier issue if I had to guess. I also would check your ground wire.

#2503 15 days ago

Another email from Greg at ICE. Shipping today, tracking number coming later today or earlier morning. Greg is awesome!

#2504 15 days ago

I need at least 100,000 to finish my room !!!!! Lolololok - DREAMER

#2505 14 days ago

Hey Guys, Some Of You May Know Me From The Bubble Hockey Facebook Groups. My Name Is Glenn Bernabe And I Operate A Table Hockey Small Business In Toronto Canada Called Party Pucks. One Of The Things I Do Is Table Hockey Customization But Specifically, I Do Custom Paint And Decals For SuperChexx And Any Other Bubble Hockey Style Players. Visit My Website At Www.Partypucks.Com For Prices And Details. Follow Us On Twitter, FB And Instagram Partypucks. Here Are Some Of Our Most Recent Work! Btw, I may not be on this messageboard very Frequently So If You want to Contact Me Please, Send Me A Email At Info@Partypucks.Com Or PM Me On Twitter, Instagram Or FB Partypucks !
    pasted_image (resized).png (resized).png

#2506 14 days ago

IT’S HERE!! Love it!

42AFA637-8E81-4B27-8B2E-A21E960DC245 (resized).jpeg81416916-8DA0-4976-94C4-2B9334F111D1 (resized).jpeg
    #2507 14 days ago

Congrats!

#2508 14 days ago

Woo-hoo, it fit!

#2509 14 days ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

IT’S HERE!! Love it!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Yes!! It fits.
    I know what you’ll be doing this weekend.

#2510 14 days ago

Still have room for some pins. Now to find the money for the pins.

0B86918D-4137-4B53-8D60-9E249E175C2B (resized).jpeg
    #2511 13 days ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

IT’S HERE!! Love it!

That looks fantastic TAZ, congratulations man! Your gameroom looks great also. Love that pop a shot and you got foosball too even. Good times to be had in there!

#2512 13 days ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

Still have room for some pins. Now to find the money for the pins.
    [quoted image]

The bubble hockey really ties the room together!

#2513 12 days ago

TAZZZZ CONGRATULATIONS MAN !!!! Your finished room is just SCREAMING FOR MORE MACHINES HOMIE !!!! Awesome f’n room ....

#2514 12 days ago

I just bought air hockey - 2 slots - pro dart machine and some one up arcades especially golden tee / it’s awesome especially with riser check em out

#2515 12 days ago

IM GOIN PIN SHOPPING NEXT WEEK !!!!!

#2516 12 days ago

It would be nice if they could develop this game so 1 or 2 could play.

If only one player the game would make the moves, and maybe have difficulty settings.

I really don't think my girlfriend would be interested in playing, or I would love to have one of these.

#2517 12 days ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

If only one player the game would make the moves, and maybe have difficulty settings.
    I really don't think my girlfriend would be interested in playing, or I would love to have one of these.

1 on 1 play is the majority of the usage at my house. You aren't dedicated to the goalie, but it's the same as 2 player foosball games, you set it and come back to it. It works well. There are 4 player and 2 player tournaments for foosball, same thing here.

#2518 12 days ago

This person build a stiga that does it I can't imagine what this upgrade would cost for a chexx.

https://blog.arduino.cc/2020/07/03/this-puck-slapping-robot-will-beat-you-in-table-hockey/

#2519 12 days ago

If you could just have a friend or a few friends come over and play it once a month it's kind of worth it in my opinion. Also you might be surprised how much your gf might enjoy playing bubble hockey. You said she likes pinball right? She may like bubble hockey too. Even if she played a few games a week with you it would be fun.

#2520 11 days ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

The bubble hockey really ties the room together!

lol thanks. Be play when I can. A lot of running around this weekend.

#2521 11 days ago
    Quoted from SUPERMAXX:

Awesome f’n room

Thanks man!
    Hey question for all of you. Does anyone’s puck look like it’s beat to F*€£?? We had some friends come over today and after playing about 15-20 games. The puck looks shredded. I’m assuming I’ll be buying new pucks soon.

#2522 11 days ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

That looks fantastic TAZ, congratulations man! Your gameroom looks great also. Love that pop a shot and you got foosball too even. Good times to be had in there!

Thanks!
    Just finished the basement this summer. The room is slowly growing. Gym done, TV is up, Super Chexx is here and now to working on my NFL mini helmet wall. (Yes, I have all 32 teams)
    The last phot with the lit wall (Right of the TV) is where the helmet wall is going.

6C180B9B-C7CB-4B27-8F03-2F2F23318773 (resized).jpeg9C35535D-7FF0-4B78-84EF-EAF44919BF90 (resized).jpeg0926B323-3AD5-4955-B8B8-0D4B93EB1111 (resized).jpeg
    #2523 11 days ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

Thanks!
    Just finished the basement this summer. The room is slowly growing. Gym done, TV is up, Super Chexx is here and now to working on my NFL mini helmet wall. (Yes, I have all 32 teams)
    The last phot with the lit wall (Right of the TV) is where the helmet wall is going.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Holy cow how big is that TV?? That looks HUGE lol.

#2524 11 days ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

Thanks man!
    Hey question for all of you. Does anyone’s puck look like it’s beat to F*€£?? We had some friends come over today and after playing about 15-20 games. The puck looks shredded. I’m assuming I’ll be buying new pucks soon.

For sure..ICE did something different with their puck quality a few years ago. Newer pucks get chips in them pretty easy. 20 years ago they never did what the newer ones did. I just bought a bunch when I was restoring my current game and swap them out when they start looking bad. It doesn’t really affect play much, but I like a nice puck in the game.

#2525 11 days ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Holy cow how big is that TV?? That looks HUGE lol.

LG 77” OLED, its an odd number for a tv size. I’ll be living down there all winter.

#2526 11 days ago

The other thing that’s been happening with my Super Chexx is the puck got stuck a few times in the puck track, didn’t make it all the way down to the ejector. Had to tip the table to get it to move. I really hate to pull the ice this soon. The games is only 3 days old.

#2527 11 days ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

The other thing that’s been happening with my Super Chexx is the puck got stuck a few times in the puck track, didn’t make it all the way down to the ejector. Had to tip the table to get it to move. I really hate to pull the ice this soon. The games is only 3 days old.

Is the game 100 percent level? That may make a difference.

Gord

#2528 11 days ago
    Quoted from GRB1959:

Is the game 100 percent level? That may make a difference.
    Gord

Yes 100% level. I checked it when it happened the first time, thinking the same thing. Then it started to happen to both sides. Now I’m thinking it’s the puck.

#2529 11 days ago

Maybe the puck tolerances during manufacturing have changed. You may want to try a different puck to see if you still have the issue.

I was reading in this thread how some of the newer pucks seem to chip easier which seems strange. My Super Chexx (USA vs. USSR) is 6 years old and the puck still looks brand new and I have only had the puck get stuck once in the puck track that I recall and I picked up the table from one end and set it down and dislodged the stuck puck.

Have you called tech support at ICE? If nothing else they will likely send you a new puck to try out.

Gord

#2530 10 days ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

Sometimes my puck will get stuck in the goalie net where it falls down under the playfield to return to the center to eject but I've never had it get stuck in the track itself yet. I think Multiballmaniacs picks get stuck occasionally in that track. Might be able to stick something in there like a pipe cleaner to clear out any debris? I bet Blitzburgh will have an answer for you. He doesn't know anything about football but he knows his shit on these Super Chexx games.

#2531 10 days ago
    Quoted from GRB1959:

Maybe the puck tolerances during manufacturing have changed. You may want to try a different puck to see if you still have the issue.
    I was reading in this thread how some of the newer pucks seem to chip easier which seems strange. My Super Chexx (USA vs. USSR) is 6 years old and the puck still looks brand new and I have only had the puck get stuck once in the puck track that I recall and I picked up the table from one end and set it down and dislodged the stuck puck.
    Have you called tech support at ICE? If nothing else they will likely send you a new puck to try out.
    Gord

Just talked with David at ICE, he told me to try the other puck and see what happens and if the problem seems to be the puck he'll replace it.
    So I guess I'll have to play more tonight and test it out, oh darn!

#2532 10 days ago

I have some minor scuffs on the dome that I am hoping can be removed. Can anyone recommend what product to use to try and buff the scuffs out? They are just surface scratches, not deep at all and would prefer not to use a machine to buff them out.

Thanks
    Ed

#2533 9 days ago
    Quoted from eharan:

I have some minor scuffs on the dome that I am hoping can be removed. Can anyone recommend what product to use to try and buff the scuffs out? They are just surface scratches, not deep at all and would prefer not to use a machine to buff them out.
    Thanks
    Ed

After a Christmas party a few years ago I noticed that there was a scratch in my Super Chexx dome and I was able to remove it completely using Novus 2 followed by Novus 1. Be sure to use a nice new soft clean microfiber towel when rubbing and buffing the dome using Novus 2 and then Novus 1.

It took maybe 15-20 minutes of hard rubbing by hand with the microfiber towel and Novus 2 and Novus 1 to complete the task. The scratch was not super deep, but it was noticeable and now all trace of the scratch has been successfully removed from the dome and the dome looks like new again.

Gord

#2534 9 days ago
    Quoted from GRB1959:

The scratch was not super deep, but it was noticeable and now all trace of the scratch has been successfully removed from the dome and the dome looks like new again.

Thanks Gord, I will try that tonight!

#2535 8 days ago

TAZ-sorry your experiencing that issue - a machine of this quality should not do that

#2536 8 days ago

Not finishing basement at all just carpet and some awesome art work on concrete - too expensive to finish rather have more machines

#2537 7 days ago
    Quoted from SUPERMAXX:

TAZ-sorry your experiencing that issue - a machine of this quality should not do that

It’s a minor glitch. I played the other night and it seems okay. I’ll pop the dome tonight and see what I can find.

#2538 6 days ago

So I popped the dome and everything is working fine now. While I was in there, the lemon pledge Zamboni made a few laps. The puck is SCREAMING now!

#2539 6 days ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

the lemon pledge Zamboni

The Lemon Pledge Zamboni lol. That's classic

#2540 5 days ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

The Lemon Pledge Zamboni lol. That's classic

Love it! Someone has got to do a lemon pledge decal wrap on a toy Zamboni now!!!! Haha!!

#2541 4 days ago

all these fancy new Chexx and I'm here with an old 83 original USA vs Russia... don't see these with the cigarette place anymore!

20200914_163655 (resized).jpg20200914_163709 (resized).jpg20200914_163715 (resized).jpg
    #2542 2 days ago

Anyone see this yet??

6FB21BDA-D32B-4D7E-8990-2DF05BEF9513 (resized).jpegE038AFBA-E9E8-4236-BA3C-8D2BC97BC4DF (resized).jpeg
    #2543 2 days ago
    2577CC37-FA26-4217-BEBF-8B67C0E6F6CC (resized).jpeg
    #2544 2 days ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

Anyone see this yet??

Wouldn't the old scoreboard be better more apropos for a 1980 version? Either way looks great though..

#2545 2 days ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

Anyone see this yet??

Shit now I gotta sell mine quickly and get this white base one.....dammit man!

#2546 2 days ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

The struggle is real... I know what you mean.

#2547 2 days ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Their website says 1/3 of these limited editions are already sold out.....

#2548 2 days ago

Anyone looking to buy a new Chexx. Try using code MJNG9890 to save 50$ On ICE’s site.

The Miracle Limited Edition is like the LE they did back in 2005. At the time Chexx was never sold with a black base. They released 100 black base games with a small plaque on the scoreboard with the number of the game and on the sides of the base had a large plastic badge that said SPECIAL EDITION SUPER CHEXX 2005.

IMG_1994 (resized).JPG
    #2549 23 hours ago

I don’t think Who-Dey wants to friends tonight. Maybe tomorrow. Go Browns!

#2550 15 hours ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

I don’t think Who-Dey wants to friends tonight. Maybe tomorrow. Go Browns!

Lol no that stuff doesnt bother me anymore since they started all the kneeling crap. I would rather play Bubble Hockey any day than watch The NFL in its current state.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Boards
    PinSound
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 430.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 29.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 36.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    bB Customs
    $ 25.00
    Various Other Swag
    Tommy's Pins
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    $ 18.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 39.95
    Electronics
    Docent Electronics
    Lighting - Interactive
    Cobra Amusements
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 159.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    FlipperLED
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 1,099.00
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 86.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 70.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    There are 2555 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 52.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside