6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,295 posts
  • 319 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Fast-Ed
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 612 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screensho (resized).jpg
    0CE69FA0-42C6-4E8E-927A-621F9B104EAD (resized).jpeg
    9571CA7F-7B11-4AD1-AD51-2E79BBF022F4 (resized).jpeg
    9FBCD1C7-05CC-44A9-A05F-8F165FA07918 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20200309_141414_1.gif
    A231D687-B515-47A6-B2F4-9C4051EB2864 (resized).jpeg
    84BEBF4A-6727-4C0C-80EF-505FC2B9B5D5 (resized).jpeg
    BA1834C6-78D5-4484-9AD3-E8D321236725 (resized).jpeg
    571C0A0E-6B32-4F6F-947D-7A1794D1EFBB (resized).jpeg
    01718D3F-846F-4570-B88B-76B47202AF5C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0236 (resized).jpeg

There are 2295 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 46.
    #2251 33 days ago

The Olathe Gardens

708BB02E-5D08-4197-A0DE-5D52103C3691 (resized).jpeg
    #2252 33 days ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

The Olathe Gardens

Love what you've done with the place

#2253 32 days ago

Finally made a version in white due to someone asking. Wasn’t sure how it was going to turn out but it seems decent.

AA1EE9E8-1E73-45F9-8B13-6995E7221677 (resized).jpeg
    #2254 32 days ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Finally made a version in white due to someone asking. Wasn’t sure how it was going to turn out but it seems decent.[quoted image]

Looks nice!

#2255 29 days ago

Hello,
    I'm in France and looking for a superchexx

#2256 29 days ago
    Quoted from BENETNATH:

Hello,
    I'm in France and looking for a superchexx

I’m not sure of their shipping costs, but the best route to take in getting a game is to contact them directly https://www.bringhomethedome.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkuOf7aP65wIVkobACh2mCATuEAAYASAAEgLB4vD_BwE

#2257 29 days ago

Thanks but I'm more looking for a cheaper option, refurbished or just out of location

#2258 23 days ago

Hi Benetnath, I'm in France too, it's nice to see that we're not alone ... You have two to sell on leboncoin right now (which is extremely rare in France)
    https://www.leboncoin.fr/jeux_jouets/1744946076.htm/
    https://www.leboncoin.fr/jeux_jouets/1755238661.htm/
    I hesitated a lot on the 2nd link. The guy wants 2500 €, which seems honest but I did not see the table.

I myself have a Spanish Chexx (INOR) that I have almost finished restoring (customization Summit Series).

While waiting for the table, do not hesitate to register on http://halloftablehockey.comxa.com, we may be able to make a match one day ....

Salut Benetnath, je suis en France moi aussi, ça fait plaisir de voir qu'on n'est pas seul... Tu en as deux à vendre sur leboncoin en ce moment (ce qui est extrêmement rare)
    https://www.leboncoin.fr/jeux_jouets/1744946076.htm/
    https://www.leboncoin.fr/jeux_jouets/1755238661.htm/
    J'ai pas mal hésité sur le 2e lien. Le gars en veux 2500€, ce qui semble honnête mais je n'ai pas vu la table.

J'ai moi même une Chexx espagnole (INOR) que j'ai presque fini de restaurer (customisation Série du Siècle).

En attendant d'avoir la table, n'hésite pas à t'inscrire sur http://halloftablehockey.comxa.com, on pourra peut-être se faire un match un jour....

#2259 23 days ago

Hello, I can speak in English, no issue!
    I've seen both ads but I'm not ready to pay 2500€ yet..
    I was not prepared for that as I was aiming for 1000/1500..
    Rarity creates high prizes!
    Would be happy to find one with some restoration work, as I'm more a tinkerer than a speculator

#2260 22 days ago

Hi all!

Here is my project: I bought an old Spanish Chexx (INOR brand) which I restore and customize on the theme of the Summit Series. I have already put it back in perfect working order and I have customized the base and the display board (you can see the current result on this subject https://halloftablehockey.forumotion.com/t6-inor-olimpic- hockey-spanish-chexx)
    I still have to paint the players (that, I know how to do it) and I have to change the sounds that are in Spanish. So I'm going to add a raspberry pi, recover some electrical signals in the pi that will play the appropriate sounds at the desired time.
    Could someone tell me the full list of Super Chexx sounds. On the INOR, here are the ones I have:

-Music ON
    -Coin-operated "ding"
    -First period
    -continuous crowd noise
    -second period
    -third period
    -BOO button (2 different sounds)
    -shoot on goal
    -Goals (2 different sounds)
    -Music end of regular time
    -Music + overtime announcement
    -Winning team announcement at the end of the game

Are there others on the real Chexx?
    thank you in advance for your help

#2261 22 days ago

Hey guys.

Ended up finding a used 98 Super Chexx Dallas Stars/Bud Light edition. Oddly, it doesn’t have a coin mech or external controls, so it must be a corporate or tournament model.

Anyway, there’s an issue with the scoreboard and boo/eject button. Basically, every press of the button actually adds to the score (And still boos). And the actual scores are calculated is reflected on the shots on goal. I should add that the button doesn’t eject the puck.

Seems like the sensors or scoreboard connections are wonky.

Any idea at to what’s up?

#2262 22 days ago

So now that I've played with it a bit, I want to clarify something.

The Boo/Eject button doesn't even boo. Instead, whichever side presses the button gets a goal added to their score. At first we figured the solve was simply not to press it, but sometimes the puck won't eject on its own, so you have to hit the button to simulate a goal being scored then, after a couple seconds, the puck usually ejects. But then the scores is messed up and the other person has to hit their button to even it out. I don't like it.

And, upon closer inspection, it looks like the 8-pin ribbon cable was split at some point and glued/zip-tied together. You can kind of get the gist of what I'm talking about in the pic below. This HAS to be the issue, right? And, if so, where would I get a replacement cable?

Also added serial number info in the event anyone had any more they could tell me about this particular table and what it was likely used for. The number on the circuitry indicates "4898," which I've been told means it was made on the 48th week of 1998. The teams are the Stars vs Bud Light and the scoreboard even says "Stars" instead of "Home."

Apologies for the diatribe and appreciate any insight!

IMG_0236 (resized).jpegIMG_0234 (resized).jpeg
    #2263 22 days ago
    Quoted from obstinox:

The Boo/Eject button doesn't even boo. Instead, whichever side presses the button gets a goal added to their score. At first we figured the solve was simply not to press it, but sometimes the puck won't eject on its own, so you have to hit the button to simulate a goal being scored then, after a couple seconds, the puck usually ejects. But then the scores is messed up and the other person has to hit their button to even it out. I don't like it.
    And, upon closer inspection, it looks like the 8-pin ribbon cable was split at some point and glued/zip-tied together. You can kind of get the gist of what I'm talking about in the pic below. This HAS to be the issue, right? And, if so, where would I get a replacement cable?
    Also added serial number info in the event anyone had any more they could tell me about this particular table and what it was likely used for. The number on the circuitry indicates "4898," which I've been told means it was made on the 48th week of 1998. The teams are the Stars vs Bud Light and the scoreboard even says "Stars" instead of "Home."
    Apologies for the diatribe and appreciate any insight![quoted image][quoted image]

I would call Ice. I bet they have the parts that you need.

#2264 22 days ago
    Quoted from obstinox:

Apologies for the diatribe and appreciate any insight![quoted image][quoted image]

The ribbon cable should not effect registering scoring/boo button, only displaying it. If your display is updating and doesn't have any flickering/errors I think it's fine. It seems like someone may have moved some wires under the play surface, pull the ice and take a look. The connections for goal sensors, shots on goal and boo buttons go to the J2 connector. One of your boo buttons should have lt blue/blue wires, the other should have yellow/green. One goal sensor should be yellow/gray and the other should be lt blue/white. Does your machine boo when the puck goes through the goal, maybe someone mixed up and switched wires while putting it back together? If the wiring looks good call ice, it may be the game rom.

SuperChexxJ2 (resized).png

#2265 21 days ago

Thanks so much for the help. Will take a look tonight and report back.

Any idea as to what function this thing could've originally served given the lack of coin-op and that it predates HUO units?

#2266 21 days ago

Doesn’t appear to have any wires crossed.

Does it matter where the boo/eject wires connect? I see three places to connect them.

Pic attached.

BAB7EF6C-C45F-4C5A-B9D4-800693D2453D (resized).jpeg
    #2267 21 days ago
    Quoted from obstinox:

Doesn’t appear to have any wires crossed.
    Does it matter where the boo/eject wires connect? I see three places to connect them.
    Pic attached.[quoted image]

One goes to COM and one to NO but I don't think it matters which.

#2268 21 days ago

I found a list of all sounds (thx latenite04). But is there any team winning announce at the end of the game?

#2269 20 days ago

Alright.

Spent some time on the phone with a Chexx tech. All the wiring under the ice was as it should be. In looking closer at the board, it looks like there's a burnt fuse (pic below; top row, second from the right). Went ahead and sent it in to them. Hopefully that's the culprit. Or maybe it's something else they've yet to identify.

Thanks for the help, latenight04.

IMG_0236 (resized).jpeg
    #2270 20 days ago
    Quoted from nmns26:

I found a list of all sounds (thx latenite04). But is there any team winning announce at the end of the game?

On the pre-LCD NHL version of SuperChexx mine says "Game Over" and flashes FP.

#2271 20 days ago
    Quoted from nmns26:

Hi all!
    Here is my project: I bought an old Spanish Chexx (INOR brand) which I restore and customize on the theme of the Summit Series. I have already put it back in perfect working order and I have customized the base and the display board (you can see the current result on this subject https://halloftablehockey.forumotion.com/t6-inor-olimpic- hockey-spanish-chexx)
    I still have to paint the players (that, I know how to do it) and I have to change the sounds that are in Spanish. So I'm going to add a raspberry pi, recover some electrical signals in the pi that will play the appropriate sounds at the desired time.
    Could someone tell me the full list of Super Chexx sounds. On the INOR, here are the ones I have:
    -Music ON
    -Coin-operated "ding"
    -First period
    -continuous crowd noise
    -second period
    -third period
    -BOO button (2 different sounds)
    -shoot on goal
    -Goals (2 different sounds)
    -Music end of regular time
    -Music + overtime announcement
    -Winning team announcement at the end of the game
    Are there others on the real Chexx?
    thank you in advance for your help

Overtime! Ok I see you have that one already.

#2272 20 days ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

On the pre-LCD NHL version of SuperChexx mine says "Game Over" and flashes FP.

Thank you!

#2273 16 days ago

Hey guys, new to the board. Thinking of purchasing a used super chexx game. It’s Islanders vs rangers players. Five of the players have a broken leg. The bubble has some lite scratching on it. It has a coin op that was changed to accept tokens. It was in a bar. He wants 1500 but will take 1200. What do you think?

01718D3F-846F-4570-B88B-76B47202AF5C (resized).jpeg571C0A0E-6B32-4F6F-947D-7A1794D1EFBB (resized).jpeg84BEBF4A-6727-4C0C-80EF-505FC2B9B5D5 (resized).jpegA231D687-B515-47A6-B2F4-9C4051EB2864 (resized).jpegBA1834C6-78D5-4484-9AD3-E8D321236725 (resized).jpeg
    #2274 16 days ago
    Quoted from obstinox:

Alright.
    Spent some time on the phone with a Chexx tech. All the wiring under the ice was as it should be. In looking closer at the board, it looks like there's a burnt fuse (pic below; top row, second from the right). Went ahead and sent it in to them. Hopefully that's the culprit. Or maybe it's something else they've yet to identify.
    Thanks for the help, latenight04.[quoted image]

Looks like a transistor, but if you sent out the board I'm sure they'll test it.
    Good luck

#2275 16 days ago
    Quoted from Gtk77:

Hey guys, new to the board. Thinking of purchasing a used super chexx game. It’s Islanders vs rangers players. Five of the players have a broken leg. The bubble has some lite scratching on it. It has a coin op that was changed to accept tokens. It was in a bar. He wants 1500 but will take 1200. What do you think?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's a good price. If you care about the broken legs nhl teams are $125 each from ice. You are still under 1500 for an early 2000's super chexx.

#2276 16 days ago

Thanks latenite. Do you know how easy it is or possible to convert back to regular coins? Also is there anything else I should be looking out for?

Thanks again

#2277 16 days ago
    Quoted from Gtk77:

Thanks latenite. Do you know how easy it is or possible to convert back to regular coins? Also is there anything else I should be looking out for?
    Thanks again

It should be easy they are standard coin mechs so worst case is buying new ones but there might be a way to adjust the ones in it. Check if the players spin when you hold the handle, the gear boxes might be worn but that's about the only maintenance item. As long as it plays a game and the score board works there's not much to go wrong with them.

#2278 16 days ago
    Quoted from Gtk77:

Hey guys, new to the board. Thinking of purchasing a used super chexx game. It’s Islanders vs rangers players. Five of the players have a broken leg. The bubble has some lite scratching on it. It has a coin op that was changed to accept tokens. It was in a bar. He wants 1500 but will take 1200. What do you think?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Probably a good buy on that game but remember you can get a new one with the LCD screen for like 2895.00. The new globe would be around 550 shipped to you, new players are a little over 100 dollars per team and then if the rest if the game needs rebuilt that's time and money also.

Just depends on where you are at financially really. If you need to do it on the cheap maybe get that one but if you have the extra cash I would consider a new one. Even the standard edition for 2895.00 is awesome.

#2279 12 days ago
    Quoted from apic7917:

Have these extra parts. $35 shipped if interested.
    4 USA Goalies
    1 Canadian Goalie
    2 used pucks
    1 goalie block
    2 collar screws
    1 unknown ribbon cable(new)
    Set of board decals(new)
    PM me if interested[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#2280 12 days ago

Someone post some pics of their bubble hockey games and give us a reason to smile in these shitty times we are experiencing. I know there is some new guys here that just got one!

#2281 11 days ago

Not as exciting as a new game or custom painted teams but hopefully this will lift your spirits a bit.
    20200309_141414_1.gif

I've got a few made up if anyone is interested: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/93560

#2282 11 days ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

Not as exciting as a new game or custom painted teams but hopefully this will lift your spirits a bit.
    [quoted image]
    I've got a few made up if anyone is interested: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/93560

That is slick but mine were so hard to pull out of there I wonder if that tool would have trouble breaking the players loose from a new game? I literally had to pull with all my might when I removed my players on my new game.

#2283 11 days ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

That is slick but mine were so hard to pull out of there I wonder if that tool would have trouble breaking the players loose from a new game? I literally had to pull with all my might when I removed my players on my new game.

I don't think "The Jaws of Life" could have removed my players! I really thought something was gonna break, when I was trying to remove my players. Hopefully they won't be so hard the next time I have to remove them.
    Super Chexx is a great game,the way the players are attached to the game,not so much.

#2284 11 days ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I don't think "The Jaws of Life" could have removed my players! I really thought something was gonna break, when I was trying to remove my players. Hopefully they won't be so hard the next time I have to remove them.
    Super Chexx is a great game,the way the players are attached to the game,not so much.

Same here and I totally agree.

#2285 11 days ago

Fair points, I've heard some horror stories about getting players off of new machines. My washers came from ice about a year ago so I assume they are from the same stock as newer games but I'd love to know if this thing can get players off of a new game. If this clamp can't handle it there are a few more that might be able to, amazon.com link » or amazon.com link » I made up 5 of these if anyone wants to give one a try I'll give you your money back including shipping if it doesn't work for you.

#2286 6 days ago

Man I wish ICE would run a massive promo

#2287 6 days ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

If you can afford it and you have someone to play it with you just go for it. They are a lot of fun.

#2288 5 days ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Place your order,and I promise you they'll offer some kind of promotion, shortly after you placed your order.

#2289 5 days ago

They’re closed right now anyways. No orders will be getting done for a while.

#2290 5 days ago

What’s a bud light super chexx in excellent shape hardly played worth Not sure of the year I bought it from a bush brewery employee who said his work sold it to him and took it out of his paycheck each week he said it was a limited addition around the late 90s early 2000’s model

0CE69FA0-42C6-4E8E-927A-621F9B104EAD (resized).jpeg9571CA7F-7B11-4AD1-AD51-2E79BBF022F4 (resized).jpeg9FBCD1C7-05CC-44A9-A05F-8F165FA07918 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #2291 5 days ago

My brother sent me this photo of someone he knows making a Boston Gardens. Not sure if it will work with the extended rods and no bubble but looks cool.

Screensho (resized).jpg
    #2292 5 days ago
    Quoted from Fast-Ed:

What’s a bud light super chexx in excellent shape hardly played worth Not sure of the year I bought it from a bush brewery employee who said his work sold it to him and took it out of his paycheck each week he said it was a limited addition around the late 90s early 2000’s model[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Not sure what it's worth but it looks like a beauty! You were lucky to score that.

#2293 5 days ago

It’s for sale

#2294 5 days ago
    Quoted from Fast-Ed:

It’s for sale

$2000 is what one just like this sold for here last year. That one was a little bit nicer as it was never used by budweiser for tournaments. It was given to one of the owners of the Dallas Stars and sat untouched in his game room with very little play. The dome looked like it just came out of the box.

#2295 4 days ago

1800 for Chexx Bubble Hockey

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.99
    $ 9.00
    $ 13.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    ULEKstore
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 229.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 64.95
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Great American Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 10,900.00
    Pinball Machine
    RMV Sales
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Pimp
    $ 9,500.00
    $ 839.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    There are 2295 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 46.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside