Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,107 posts
  • 428 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 hours ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sc (resized).jpg
    IMG_0245 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0246 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0244 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0241 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20231121_223429875.jpg
    AIwr.gif
    20230402_121006 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231007_154725659 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0081 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0043 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0042 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0041 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

There are 3,107 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 63.
    #2201 4 years ago

Im looking at buying a new super chexx. What upgrades are a must and what is a waste? I was wondering If the led up grade worth the $200? Or should I just by some from amazon and attach them on the underside?

#2202 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mwardlow:

Im looking at buying a new super chexx. What upgrades are a must and what is a waste? I was wondering If the led up grade worth the $200? Or should I just by some from amazon and attach them on the underside?

The LED upgrade is definitely not a must but if you like different color lights lighting your room up then you may want to get them. They probably arent worth 200 but the way that they install them is very nice. I just figured that I would get them and if I didnt like them I could turn them off. I do like them so I leave them on but I would be ok without them also. They do light the room up nicely though.

#2203 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mwardlow:

Really all the upgrades besides the split base are a cosmetic waste. That being said, I love me some cosmetic waste.

I say get it all and customize your teams and ice too. Makes me smile every time I look at mine.

#2204 4 years ago

Love my Superchexx. I beat my wife.............in bubble hockey last night 5-2. Then she beat me in overtime and screamed so loud I was like wtf. Good times.

#2205 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Love my Superchexx. I beat my wife.............in bubble hockey last night 5-2. Then she beat me in overtime and screamed so loud I was like wtf. Good times.

I never saw it coming,my wife likes bubble hockey! She said it's a lot of fun,and she likes it more than pinball. She also gets a kick out of the music and all of the commentary.
    I love the look on her face when we're playing, she's having a blast.
    She's been beating me a lot,and I get a kick out of it when she wins
    The only time I've ever seen her react this way playing a game,was when she holed out from 90 yards playing golf,and hooking a big fat trout all by herself.
    She's already talking about having people over to play! Hopefully she gets addicted to bubble hockey

#2206 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Hopefully she gets addicted to bubble hockey

I think she already is.

#2207 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I never saw it coming,my wife likes bubble hockey! She said it's a lot of fun,and she likes it more than pinball. She also gets a kick out of the music and all of the commentary.
    I love the look on her face when we're playing, she's having a blast.
    She's been beating me a lot,and I get a kick out of it when she wins
    The only time I've ever seen her react this way playing a game,was when she holed out from 90 yards playing golf,and hooking a big fat trout all by herself.
    She's already talking about having people over to play! Hopefully she gets addicted to bubble hockey

Good to hear Ralph !
    Bubble hockey is great fun for all ages.
    Only time it isn’t is if you are an average player (like most of us) and play with an advanced/ league player.

#2208 4 years ago

Advanced/ league player,will not be allowed on the property

#2209 4 years ago

Need to see if I can fit a game into an suv. Would anyone know the height of the game with the dome off??

#2210 4 years ago
    Quoted from GGBGROUP:

Need to see if I can fit a game into an suv. Would anyone know the height of the game with the dome off??

4043DBF4-64D9-49E8-9668-2C5A2CB33619 (resized).jpeg4043DBF4-64D9-49E8-9668-2C5A2CB33619 (resized).jpeg
    #2211 4 years ago
    Quoted from GGBGROUP:

For sure, not fully assembled. Top and bottom separated, it will depend on the SUV. I had a Toyota Sequoia and managed to get a Gretzky model stuffed in awkwardly in two pieces. Tahoe, Expedition, Suburban, etc that are large SUV should accommodate one. As for smaller SUVs like a 4runner or pathfinder, you might have trouble. Or make two trips.

#2212 4 years ago

It barely fits in a Buick Enclave in two pieces.

#2213 4 years ago

If its local just rent a small trailer to haul it on. Just make sure to strap it down.

#2214 4 years ago
    Quoted from GGBGROUP:

07E2FEE9-6AA9-481D-92EC-8790D4CFEA80 (resized).jpeg07E2FEE9-6AA9-481D-92EC-8790D4CFEA80 (resized).jpeg
    #2215 4 years ago

Alright, I'm aggressively eyeing buying one of these bad (bubble) boys.

Currently torn between the regular USA v Canada setup and the 2020 Winter Classic edition.

I've got dual citizenship, so the classic setup would ring true. Also a diehard Stars fan, went to the Winter Classic, and even though the national ratings weren't there, I can assure you that that game will go down as a significant moment in Dallas sports history.

So I know the resale value for the classic setup is better on a national scale, but the regional draw for the Winter Classic edition would be undeniable as well.

WHAT DO I DO?!

#2216 4 years ago
    Quoted from obstinox:

Currently torn between the regular USA v Canada setup and the 2020 Winter Classic edition.
    I've got dual citizenship, so the classic setup would ring true. Also a diehard Stars fan, went to the Winter Classic, and even though the national ratings weren't there, I can assure you that that game will go down as a significant moment in Dallas sports history.
    So I know the resale value for the classic setup is better on a national scale, but the regional draw for the Winter Classic edition would be undeniable as well.
    WHAT DO I DO?!

Get both!!!

#2217 4 years ago
    Quoted from DinoTX:

Get both!!!

You are the devil.

#2218 4 years ago

Just ordered Detroit vs. Chicago. My god their website was not working properly this weekend. It wouldn't add options and then when it did they didn't carry over to the checkout. When I started the order over again it would add another machine to my order then wouldn't allow me to delete it. Finally after trying 3 different computers I finally got it to work but couldn't add a Vegas Golden Knight team set. Hopefully others aren't having the problems.

#2219 4 years ago
    Quoted from obstinox:

WHAT DO I DO?!

Get the Winter Classic version. The $400 will be well spent every time you look at it and it brings back good memories. If you live in Texas I don't think you will loose much in the resale value.

#2220 4 years ago
    Quoted from obstinox:

WHAT DO I DO?!

Buy the one that you like the most because you are going to have to look at it the rest of your life.

#2221 4 years ago
    Quoted from obstinox:

WHAT DO I DO?!

Think about what's possible for swapping out one theme for the other at any time. ICE should pursue making that easier but order at the very least, the 4 different teams. I believe a factory order bonus is one free team so you'd only have to buy one more team.

#2222 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mwardlow:

Just ordered Detroit vs. Chicago. My god their website was not working properly this weekend. It wouldn't add options and then when it did they didn't carry over to the checkout. When I started the order over again it would add another machine to my order then wouldn't allow me to delete it. Finally after trying 3 different computers I finally got it to work but couldn't add a Vegas Golden Knight team set. Hopefully others aren't having the problems.

Now for the important question, which one is the home team?

#2223 4 years ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

I made this to help get my players out after I put new washers in the game. The ridge sits in the player channel and holds the washer down. If you want to give it a try pm me your address and I can send you a set.
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4116750
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Got one of these, it worked very well for me.

#2224 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rhauf0:

Thats the part. When you order, look at the shipping options closely. Standard postal service is the way to go. Will cost about $7, versus about $30 for UPS. Its an easy fix with the exception of having to pull up every player. So, if you have any other gears that are worn, now would be a good time to swap them out.
    Before removing the rod collar mark their placement with a sharpie. Makes it easy to ensure that you are putting it back in the same place. Also, slide a playing card between the rod collar and the gear before tighening the collar will give you the slight gap you want between the collar and the gear.

Thanks. Turned out to be just a loose rod collar.

#2225 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hockeey:

Got one of these, it worked very well for me.

Is he selling these?

#2226 4 years ago

Love my super chexx. Just played a couple games with my gf. We both suck but it is still a lot of fun to play. Great purchase for the gameroom!

#2227 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is he selling these?

I know he posted the 3D Printer Plans...I sent a DM and he mailed me one for a very fair price

#2228 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Love my super chexx. Just played a couple games with my gf. We both suck but it is still a lot of fun to play. Great purchase for the gameroom!

Yep, just got mine back in action tonight. My kid beat me 3 straight...so much fun

#2229 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hockeey:

Yep, just got mine back in action tonight. My kid beat me 3 straight...so much fun

He beat you 3 straight!!?? You should take that kid out back and show him what a switch is. I'm talking old timers switch...... not younger generation switch

QSS

switch (resized).jpgswitch (resized).jpg
    #2230 4 years ago
    Quoted from Oaken:

Now for the important question, which one is the home team?

Detroit!

#2231 4 years ago

Right answer.

#2232 4 years ago

Rock City.

#2233 4 years ago

Can't wait to order a Wings vs Hartford Whalers Chexx...first game I ever saw live at Joe Louis Arena back in the day of the D - Hometown

#2234 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

The LED upgrade is definitely not a must but if you like different color lights lighting your room up then you may want to get them. They probably arent worth 200 but the way that they install them is very nice. I just figured that I would get them and if I didnt like them I could turn them off. I do like them so I leave them on but I would be ok without them also. They do light the room up nicely though.

Would you mind taking picture of how its connected?

#2235 4 years ago
    Quoted from fooflighter:

Can't wait to order a Wings vs Hartford Whalers Chexx...first game I ever saw live at Joe Louis Arena back in the day of the D - Hometown

Did not realize that had a Hartford Whalers team option.

#2236 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Did not realize that had a Hartford Whalers team option.

They restocked. Probably sells well. Retro.

#2237 4 years ago

It is done.

2020 Winter Classic home edition with split base officially ordered. They say it'll be built March 2nd.

Now, I wait.

This is going to be torture.

#2238 4 years ago
    Quoted from obstinox:

You're right, it is.

#2239 4 years ago

Where do you find the build date? I see the order date and the shipping date on my order form. Just kidding I found it in red in me email.

#2240 4 years ago
    Quoted from obstinox:

It is done.
    2020 Winter Classic home edition with split base officially ordered. They say it'll be built March 2nd.
    Now, I wait.

Oh man. Congratulations. Wait until you unbox the top dome portion and see how awesome it looks.

#2241 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Oh man. Congratulations. Wait until you unbox the top dome portion and see how awesome it looks.

I agree,I smile every time I walk past my new game.
    My wife had to take a couple of days off from playing bubble hockey. Her right elbow is bothering her from playing too much.
    I hope it's not tennis elbow,I get that occasionally, from playing golf,and it hurts like a bitch.
    We have friends coming over to play tommorow night,I hope she's okay by then.

1 week later
    #2242 4 years ago

How many owners here use lemon pledge on their ice? I haven't done so yet, because I read somewhere,that one owner said it made his game unplayable?

#2243 4 years ago

Don’t fear the Pledge. Dampen cloth with Pledge. Wipe ice surface. Enjoy.

What it does do is mess with your passing technique for a few plays because the puck will slide right past your dudes till you get used to it.

I Pledge it same day I wax my playfield. Probably doesn’t even need it that often.

#2245 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

....one owner said it made his game unplayable?

That owner didn’t apply it correctly. If there is too much sprayed on and not wiped off, it will cause the puck to slow to a stop. Gotta wipe it on and buff it off. Done properly, the puck will slide like it’s on actual ice.

#2246 4 years ago

Ice says you need the split base for doorways smaller than 32 inches. This is not always the case!

It can fit through a 29-30 inch doorway as long as you have some room on either side of the doorway to rotate it through.

The first picture is going through a 30 inch doorway, into a 36 inch wide hallway. The second picture is going through a 30 inch doorway (29 inches between door trim), into an open room. I've heard it fits through a 29 inch doorway (28.5 inches between door trim) too, but this is probably as tight as you can get it through.
    30.5 (resized).jpg30.5 (resized).jpg30 (resized).jpg30 (resized).jpg

#2247 4 years ago

Hello again, gents.

How long did it take for your system to get to you once it had shipped? I’m in Dallas and want to make sure I temper my excitement for this thing.

#2248 4 years ago

Took about 5 calendar days from order to shipped and another 7 calendar days from shipped to delivered.

#2249 4 years ago
    Quoted from obstinox:

Hello again, gents.
    How long did it take for your system to get to you once it had shipped? I’m in Dallas and want to make sure I temper my excitement for this thing.

Its killing you isnt it? We know how you feel grasshopper.

#2250 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Its killing you isnt it? We know how you feel grasshopper.

Yes. It's maddening. I find myself staring at the vacant spot where it's going to be. But I suppose the anticipation is half of the fun.

Anyway, since the build date says March 3 I'm thinking (hoping) I'll get it by March 10.

There are 3,107 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey/page/45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.