Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,114 posts
  • 431 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 days ago by GRB1959
  • Topic is favorited by 157 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Super Chexx Service Manual - Page 7.pdf (PDF preview)
    sc (resized).jpg
    IMG_0245 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0246 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0244 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0241 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20231121_223429875.jpg
    AIwr.gif
    20230402_121006 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231007_154725659 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0081 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0043 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0042 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0041 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 3,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 63.
    #2151 4 years ago

I wouldn’t remove those grips if I were you. Clean them instead. Red grips are unobtanium, and putting black grips on would be a big hit on originality. I would only replace the grips if they were truly damaged.

#2152 4 years ago

Is your ice surface cracked? If not, just replace the plastic resided ramps behind the goals with new ones. This old ice surfaces without all the “www.icegame.com” and “super chexx” plastered all over them is very valuable from an originality perspective. Sometimes, too much is really too much. Keep that thing cosmetically as original as possible.

#2153 4 years ago
    Quoted from Galatzky:

That’s what I’ve seen online. But mine doesn’t look like it’s the same set up. But I guess I can just order a manual online that might have an explanation. Thanks for the info and the lock suggestion lol

These should be your 4 mounting bolts.
    8361f63981367fb06ea02e01953c510fc38373ff.jpeg (resized).jpg8361f63981367fb06ea02e01953c510fc38373ff.jpeg (resized).jpg

They should be accessible through holes in the base like this. You need a long 1/4 allen wrench. Post a picture of the under side, maybe someone will notice something.
    20200118_095252 (resized).jpg20200118_095252 (resized).jpg

#2154 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I wouldn’t remove those grips if I were you. Clean them instead. Red grips are unobtanium, and putting black grips on would be a big hit on originality. I would only replace the grips if they were truly damaged.

I was thinking that. Any suggestions of what would be best to clean them with, without wearing out the rubber? Thanks for responding!

#2155 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Is your ice surface cracked? If not, just replace the plastic resided ramps behind the goals with new ones. This old ice surfaces without all the “www.icegame.com” and “super chexx” plastered all over them is very valuable from an originality perspective. Sometimes, too much is really too much. Keep that thing cosmetically as original as possible.

Yes there is a crack on the Russia side for one of the player slots , and where the goalies sit both had metal Plates which are warped, when I took one off the spot was cracked badly and the other side the back end of it where the net is was completely gone. I might just cover it up somehow the super chexx if I get one. But thank you for responding!

#2156 4 years ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

These should be your 4 mounting bolts.
    [quoted image]
    They should be accessible through holes in the base like this. You need a long 1/4 allen wrench. Post a picture of the under side, maybe someone will notice something.
    [quoted image]

thank you! After looking they do look like what holds it into place, but no access on the bottom side under. Where the bolts line up, it is internal in the base.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #2157 4 years ago
    Quoted from Galatzky:

thank you! After looking they do look like what holds it into place, but no access on the bottom side under. Where the bolts line up, it is internal in the base.[quoted image]

In that case I think you're going to have to drill the lock.

#2158 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

To All
    I just placed my order for a Super Chexx Pro Standard Edition.

Chexx is a great machine Ralph.
    Good to hear you are getting a machine.
    One of the most popular arcade machines in my collection!

#2159 4 years ago

Mine arrives Tuesday

Gotta love all the pinside help breaking these games down repair wise!

#2160 4 years ago

Currently restoring two extremely beat up original Chexx. Anyone have extra Chexx parts?

#2161 4 years ago

#2162 4 years ago

Those with the split base, do you find it sturdy, does the split compromise the rigidity of the base at all? Thanks a bunch in advance

#2163 4 years ago

So I tried to pull a player out. It broke the ice and came out washer and all. How in the world can you pull a player out without breaking the ice if the washer has to come out of the metal track and through the ice? Furthermore how can you possibly get the player back in if the washer is still on the player/rod? Anyone near Richmond VA that can help!?

#2164 4 years ago
    Quoted from VividPsychosis:

So I tried to pull a player out. It broke the ice and came out washer and all. How in the world can you pull a player out without breaking the ice if the washer has to come out of the metal track and through the ice? Furthermore how can you possibly get the player back in if the washer is still on the player/rod? Anyone near Richmond VA that can help!?

I made this to help get my players out after I put new washers in the game. The ridge sits in the player channel and holds the washer down. If you want to give it a try pm me your address and I can send you a set.
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4116750
    20200110_220047 (resized).jpg20200110_220047 (resized).jpg
    20200110_220251 (resized).jpg20200110_220251 (resized).jpg

#2165 4 years ago

Has anyone replaced their Super Chexx PL-7 fluorescent bulb with a LED equivalent? Also, how do I get this bulb out of the scoreboard? Do I need to disassemble it to do that?

Picked up a used SC this weekend but when I brought it home and reassembled, the bulb wouldn't come back on. Everything else is working perfectly.

IMG_0683 (resized).jpgIMG_0683 (resized).jpg
    #2166 4 years ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

I made this to help get my players out after I put new washers in the game. The ridge sits in the player channel and holds the washer down. If you want to give it a try pm me your address and I can send you a set.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

That's pretty ingenious

#2167 4 years ago
    Quoted from fooflighter:

That's pretty ingenious

I 2nd that, after reading all of the horror stories about getting the guys out this should be sold!

If/When I order my game I will be asking to buy this from you!

#2168 4 years ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Very clever. Thanks for sharing with the video

#2169 4 years ago
    Quoted from fooflighter:

Those with the split base, do you find it sturdy, does the split compromise the rigidity of the base at all? Thanks a bunch in advance

I got the split base. Does not seem to compromise it at all. I wish the cut had been a little cleaner, but no big deal. I'm guessing they use a sawzall at the factory.

#2170 4 years ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Very clever tool!

#2171 4 years ago
    Quoted from fooflighter:

The split base is very sturdy on my Super Chexx USA vs USSR Miracle on Ice edition. If you may need the functionality of a split base at some point down the road due to a narrow doorway then do not worry about this at all as it is rock solid.

Gord

DSCN0166 (resized).JPGDSCN0166 (resized).JPG

#2172 4 years ago

I posted the files for anyone who wants to print their own. I'll print some for anyone who doesn't have access to a printer.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4116750

#2173 4 years ago

If someone needs a set of early 90's side decals I have a spare set for $25 shipped.The are white printed on clear so they will work with any color machine. ICE didn't have them and I couldn't find them online so I had to scan my scratched up original, fix the art and get it printed.
    ResizedSuperChexxDecal_3 (resized).jpgResizedSuperChexxDecal_3 (resized).jpg

#2174 4 years ago

Heinz History Center—Western Pennsylvania Sports section, Pittsburgh, PA

Pens Vs Flyers
    B95D50B0-3DDD-41A6-A77F-AF6415063B5F (resized).jpegB95D50B0-3DDD-41A6-A77F-AF6415063B5F (resized).jpeg

#2175 4 years ago

Hello everyone. I’d like to thank everyone for the advice on helping answer all my questions with my 83 Canada v Russia machine. I figured out splitting the base involved me getting in the coin box side and control box side to get the screws out to removed and in two pieces to get the machine in my basement. But the struggle was not done there... I then had to cut a small hole in my stairs wall leading to the basement to maneuver the base down the narrow stairs lol...commitment ...all in all I have it in the basement and my brother ended up being my first victim lol and also have taken the advice to keep things original as possible. Only thing I would need any tip with would be to figure out what to do with the cracked goalie slot. If anyone has a repair tip would be great!

34808164-17F0-4C17-B3FA-F7476413812E (resized).jpeg34808164-17F0-4C17-B3FA-F7476413812E (resized).jpeg6F253DC6-D85C-448B-B337-00B99FA08C0D (resized).jpeg6F253DC6-D85C-448B-B337-00B99FA08C0D (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #2176 4 years ago
    Quoted from GRB1959:

The split base is very sturdy on my Super Chexx USA vs USSR Miracle on Ice edition. If you may need the functionality of a split base at some point down the road due to a narrow doorway then do not worry about this at all as it is rock solid.
    Gord
    [quoted image]

Thank you

#2177 4 years ago

$150 Coupon from FB:

AD08A7CC-BDD3-49BD-AF33-70608B748CAC (resized).pngAD08A7CC-BDD3-49BD-AF33-70608B748CAC (resized).png
    #2178 4 years ago

Got a problem with a player not turning smoothly. Kids were playing, so I didn't see what happened. Maybe a washer broke? Looks like it's missing. Any ideas? Thanks.

Player (resized).jpgPlayer (resized).jpg
    #2179 4 years ago

The washer wouldnt impact the player turning smoothly. It just holds the player in the gear. Some people dont even use the washers. Sounds like the kids stripped out the gear, possibly.

#2180 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rhauf0:

The washer wouldnt impact the player turning smoothly. It just holds the player in the gear. Some people dont even use the washers. Sounds like the kids stripped out the gear, possibly.

OK, thanks for the reply. The story is slowly coming out. Apparently, there was a cracking sound. It's the defenceman, I think they tangled with the long stick winger. I guess this is the part: SC3012X Super Chexx Gear Box $16.

#2181 4 years ago

Has anyone had experience completely removing the bubble dome from the hinge? I want to detach mine to give it a complete cleaning (and buffing) and I don’t want to destroy it. I couldn’t really find any videos online either.

4EC7CE4D-4421-4934-84FB-403B82DBF5EF (resized).jpeg4EC7CE4D-4421-4934-84FB-403B82DBF5EF (resized).jpeg05E44917-E038-4179-BCAB-3E519AC7C2CF (resized).jpeg05E44917-E038-4179-BCAB-3E519AC7C2CF (resized).jpeg
    #2182 4 years ago

Dome rivets were too much of a hassle to me personally. Was easier to just clean in place.

#2183 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hockeey:

OK, thanks for the reply. The story is slowly coming out. Apparently, there was a cracking sound. It's the defenceman, I think they tangled with the long stick winger. I guess this is the part: SC3012X Super Chexx Gear Box $16.

Thats the part. When you order, look at the shipping options closely. Standard postal service is the way to go. Will cost about $7, versus about $30 for UPS. Its an easy fix with the exception of having to pull up every player. So, if you have any other gears that are worn, now would be a good time to swap them out.
    Before removing the rod collar mark their placement with a sharpie. Makes it easy to ensure that you are putting it back in the same place. Also, slide a playing card between the rod collar and the gear before tighening the collar will give you the slight gap you want between the collar and the gear.

#2184 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rhauf0:

Thats the part. When you order, look at the shipping options closely. Standard postal service is the way to go. Will cost about $7, versus about $30 for UPS. Its an easy fix with the exception of having to pull up every player. So, if you have any other gears that are worn, now would be a good time to swap them out.
    Before removing the rod collar mark their placement with a sharpie. Makes it easy to ensure that you are putting it back in the same place. Also, slide a playing card between the rod collar and the gear before tighening the collar will give you the slight gap you want between the collar and the gear.

Thanks for the suggestions. I raised the dome and sure enough the rod spins when holding the player. Doesn't on all of the others. Appreciate you taking the time, will follow these steps.

#2185 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vikingatheart:

$150 Coupon from FB:[quoted image]

The customer reps told me back in December 2019,that they hardly offer any promotions. Since then, they've had three promotions?
    SCPYOUTH, Holiday 19! and now JAN20! Far from hardly ever.

#2186 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

The customer reps told me back in December 2019,that they hardly offer any promotions. Since then, they've had three promotions?
    SCPYOUTH, Holiday 19! and now JAN20! Far from hardly ever.

I would agree with their reps that they hardly have any...they've had more in the past month or two than I've seen in 5 years.

#2187 4 years ago
    Quoted from chefbenito:

Has anyone had experience completely removing the bubble dome from the hinge? I want to detach mine to give it a complete cleaning (and buffing) and I don’t want to destroy it. I couldn’t really find any videos online either.[quoted image][quoted image]

Remove the screws and leave the riveted hinge on the dome if you want to pull the dome. Just make sure you use the dome wire (2 if you have an extra one)...last thing you want is that dome to flip over too far and bend the hinge. Pucks will start getting stuck under the boards if it get bent

#2188 4 years ago

If you look closer at my photos above, you’ll see that there is grime between the dome plastic and the hinge - that’s why I wanted to remove and clean the dome. I searched an old forum on another site and Found these directions:

“ Since I didn't get any help from the community, I went ahead and tried on my own and was successful. I thought it would be nice to post what I learned. First, I learned that the rivets needed to secure a new hinge are "pop" rivets and can be bought on the Super Chexx website. Even though they weren't listed on their website, I called them and they instantly made it available to order on the website while I was on the phone with them which was pretty nice. You can also purchase them in a hardware store but to be honest, the ones available at most big box stores weren't quite the same size. To install you will first need to remove the old rivets. To do this, drill the heads of them making sure not to drill into the plastic dome. You don't want to make the holes bigger than they are. This was the hardest part of this project because parts of the rivets broke and got stuck in the hole. But after some careful work with a drill, pliers, hack saw, and screwdriver, they can be removed. After the old rivets are removed, place all 6 pop rivets into the holes (check You Tube out for plenty of video's on the tool needed and how to do it). Very important to place the rivets in all holes FIRST before using the tool to make the rivet because I learned the hard way. I completed one rivet without doing this and all the other holes were off center. Once you have all the rivets in place, use a pop rivet tool to complete all the rivets. Easy as that.

Good luck!”

#2189 4 years ago

According to an email from ICE,my game was built today.

#2190 4 years ago

Living in Houston, the only significant hockey history I could think to latch on to was the 1970s Houston Aeros which featured Gordie Howe as well as two of his sons. So my table is the "Mr. Hockey" edition featuring the Houston Aeros versus the Detroit Red Wings all-time greats (also with Howe) which is similar to the red and blue animations. The inside dasher ads feature local and national products/establishments, the Aeros' championship banners and Howe banner hangs from rafters, the side sticker says "Welcome to Howeston" sticker which was the mantra when the Aeros signed Howe and I think I'm one of the early purchasers of "The Sticks."

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg
    #2191 4 years ago

looks awesome! Great job

#2192 4 years ago

Have these extra parts. $35 shipped if interested.
    4 USA Goalies
    1 Canadian Goalie
    2 used pucks
    1 goalie block
    2 collar screws
    1 unknown ribbon cable(new)
    Set of board decals(new)
    PM me if interested

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgF44D96A7-E977-4668-8A7E-B9B70B2554B3 (resized).jpegF44D96A7-E977-4668-8A7E-B9B70B2554B3 (resized).jpeg55FE06AF-80CA-4A9E-9A85-B2E126DD63AF (resized).jpeg55FE06AF-80CA-4A9E-9A85-B2E126DD63AF (resized).jpeg
    #2193 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

According to an email from ICE,my game was built today.

Excellent game. So much fun.

#2194 4 years ago

My game is being delivered Friday. I could have had it delivered sooner,but I need my son-in-law to help me unload it from the delivery truck. No way I was paying 150.00 for the driver to help me unload the game.

#2195 4 years ago

Sure would be nice if iceman would share some pics of his new game with us......cough cough.

#2196 4 years ago

Got an email from USA hockey. Use code MIRACLE40 to get $150 off the miracle on ice version. Good thru the end of February.

#2197 4 years ago

The shipping company dropped my game off at 7:00 tonight. My son-in-law beat me two games in a row. Then my daughter and I played my wife and son-in-law. They beat us two games in a row. My wife the little traitor scored most of the goals on us.
    I hate the game and I'm selling it tomorrow for $500.00

IMG_20200207_212330342 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_212330342 (resized).jpg
    #2198 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I hate the game and I'm selling it tomorrow for $500.00

Liar!

#2199 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I hate the game and I'm selling it tomorrow for $500.00 [quoted image]

meh. Kinda shiny and new. Almost as nice as my '83 Chexx but counts shots-on-goal. I'll give you $300. Yer welcom .

#2200 4 years ago
    Quoted from OTTOgd:

meh. Kinda shiny and new. Almost as nice as my '83 Chexx but counts shots-on-goal. I'll give you $300. Yer welcom .

That's a very generous offer but local pickup only

There are 3,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey/page/44?hl=marcus0202 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.