Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,114 posts
  • 431 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by GRB1959
  • Topic is favorited by 157 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Super Chexx Service Manual - Page 7.pdf (PDF preview)
    sc (resized).jpg
    IMG_0245 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0246 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0244 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0241 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20231121_223429875.jpg
    AIwr.gif
    20230402_121006 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231007_154725659 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0081 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0043 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0042 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0041 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 3,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 63.
    #2101 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

To All
    I just placed my order for a Super Chexx Pro Standard Edition.

Congratulations you will love it. What color base did you get with it?

#2102 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Congratulations you will love it. What color base did you get with it?

I want with the black,it was a tough decision, because the red looks nice too.

#2103 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Yeah it is tough for sure. I like them both personally. You win either way. How long did they say it would be before you get your game, 3 weeks?

#2104 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I think black looks better but it does show off the dust!

Congrats on the purchase. It’s a great game.

#2105 4 years ago

Yes ,hopefully we'll be done unpacking by then. All I see is cardboard boxes everywhere. At least the mad rush to get out of my old house is over! I'm tired

#2106 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Yes ,hopefully we'll be done unpacking by then. All I see is cardboard boxes everywhere. At least the mad rush to get out of my old house is over! I'm tired

Wait until you see the two cardboard boxes your game comes in. You could live inside them.

#2107 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wait until you see the two cardboard boxes your game comes in. You could live inside them.

We turned them into a camper and a rocket ship. My kiddos slept in the camper for a good two weeks.

Just converted it to a recycle truck. Honestly, kids love the boxes far more than the bubble hockey

#2108 4 years ago
    Quoted from Oaken:

We turned them into a camper and a rocket ship. My kiddos slept in the camper for a good two weeks.
    Just converted it to a recycle truck. Honestly, kids love the boxes far more than the bubble hockey

They are huge and well built. I couldn't believe it when the truck driver opened his door and I seek them.

#2109 4 years ago

Mine arrives this Tues(my birthday, what luck). Was a last minute Christmas present to the family who love playing the one at their orthodontist office. They don't know about it yet so it'll be a nice surprise

#2110 4 years ago

Had a friend come over last night and we played some bubble hockey and had a blast. I am so glad that i got this crazy thing. It gave my game room alot of variety and made it much more fun. You new guys that are getting ready to take delivery of your games are going to be super glad that you got one, they are so much fun!

#2111 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Had a friend come over last night and we played some bubble hockey and had a blast. I am so glad that i got this crazy thing. It gave my game room alot of variety and made it much more fun. You new guys that are getting ready to take delivery of your games are going to be super glad that you got one, they are so much fun!

You owe it all to me. Everything I buy you have to copy me. Lol

#2112 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

You owe it all to me. Everything I buy you have to copy me. Lol

Oh yeah, you mean like TWD P, AS, and MET games that you went and bought after i bought mine? You’re right though, i would have never got a Super Chexx if it wasn't for you and thats a fact. Thank you!

#2113 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I've never played bubble hockey. We did play the small table versions when I was a kid,and it was a lot of fun. I do have a table version now,that I take to family gatherings,and we always have a lot of fun playing.
    That's why I don't think it was a big gamble for me buying a Super chexx table, having never played one, since I really enjoy playing the table version.

#2114 4 years ago

Yikes. These little buggers are expensive. $4k for an NHL licensed one after all the accessories.

#2115 4 years ago

Remember when nib pins were 4K?

#2116 4 years ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

Unfortunately not. I bought my first one a few years ago, so I didn't get in until the $4,800+ time.

#2117 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I've never played bubble hockey. We did play the small table versions when I was a kid,and it was a lot of fun. I do have a table version now,that I take to family gatherings,and we always have a lot of fun playing.
    That's why I don't think it was a big gamble for me buying a Super chexx table, having never played one, since I really enjoy playing the table version.

I had never played bubble hockey in my life. When me and my neighbor got it set up we started playing a game and we was so bad at it and so slow my first thoughts was “im not sure if this will be fun or not”, but we quickly started getting better and it became more fun within a few games and now i love it.

#2118 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is there a way to bulletproof the game before we use it? When you talk of those collars coming loose. Can I just go through and tighten all these attachment points maybe even use some locktite beforehand?
    Either way I'm Super excited. Just don't wanna have my wife look over at me with that look that says and you paid how much for this when it breaks during the first game?

Quoted from YZRider926:

I got in at 4300.

#2119 4 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

Is there a way to bulletproof the game before we use it? When you talk of those collars coming loose. Can I just go through and tighten all these attachment points maybe even use some locktite beforehand?
    Either way I'm Super excited. Just don't wanna have my wife look over at me with that look that says and you paid how much for this when it breaks during the first game?

I got in at 4300.

I wouldn't do anything because chances are that's not going to happen to you anyways and even if it does you could just fix it then. I thought about lecture also but truthfully I dont think the blue loctite would hold in a situation like that and you probably wouldnt want to use red loctite for sure.

I doubt that the rod collars loosening up is a common problem anyways. I'm hoping it was just a fluke.

#2120 4 years ago

Mine is coming next week i hope! Can't wait fellas.

#2121 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Mine is coming next week i hope! Can't wait fellas.

Can't wait until you get it. I'm telling you when you open the box up that the playfield is in it's like a magical experience happens to you. You just kind of stand there and look at it thinking OMG that is beautiful! These games are beautiful to look at like a pinball machine and they're a blast to play also.

The only thing I really adjusted in the settings is I set my period lengths to 1:30 seconds each. I cant remember which setting that is to get 1:30 but I'm thinking it's like #4 maybe? Also you may want to adjust your attract mode frequency..it comes on a little too often from the factory I think. The attract mode is pretty cool though so I wouldnt turn it off completely.

Did you end up getting the LED light kit iceman or did you pass on it? Also did you get the coin door or the home version without the coin door?

#2122 4 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

I got in at 4300.

DO NOT USE LOCKTITE. Someday you will need to change the gears and you will need to remove the rod collar. I've had mine for 2 years now. It has gotten a lot of use and I've never had a collar come loose. The fact that a few people have had the issue lately makes me think that someone at the factory is being sloppy and not tightening them properly. Don't over react. Its a simple fix if it does come loose but I wouldn't bother pulling up all the players to fix something that isn't broken.

#2123 4 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

I got in at 4300.

My game has been getting played hard. Major thrashing and everything is fine so far. Had it since September.

#2124 4 years ago

Guys - game arrived yesterday and we love it!!

One question though... I thought someone commented on this in the thread but I can’t find it.

When you press the “Boo” button each time you hear the clicking sound as if it’s also trying to eject it every time. Is that normal?

#2125 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vikingatheart:

One question though... I thought someone commented on this in the thread but I can’t find it.
    When you press the “Boo” button each time you hear the clicking sound as if it’s also trying to eject it every time. Is that normal?

Yes that's normal from what I understand. That's very weird. I never hit mine because of it. Congrats on your new game, glad that you guys ate loving it.

#2126 4 years ago

Its normal...it activates the switch that ejects the puck into the game.

#2127 4 years ago

just got my second super chexx nhl pro maple leafs at home vs blachawks I already have devils vs rangers I have that one in a craft beer restaurant and the new one in my record shop ! love them !

#2128 4 years ago

YES it's normal, as others posted, and the reason it's normal is .... at some point you will see the puck eject for a faceoff and go right back in as well as during play there's a chance of the puck falling into the slot. By the BOO button being hooked up to the eject coil it allows for players to hit the BOO button and eject the puck in instances that I described. Also, at the beginning of the game as well as after a goal is scored you can hit the BOO button to eject the puck quicker then if you just wait for the game to do it. By doing this you can try to throw off your opponent!

Enjoy the game!

#2129 4 years ago

Been reading the comments for a while. Thanks for all of the contributions. Decided to go with the USA vs. Canada version. Very pleased, kids love it. Set it up on Christmas Eve, first games on the 25th. The ice surface appeared warped, a bit of a downer. I emailed ICE on 26th, Lindsey & Francois walked me through the fix. I guess in transport, if there are changes in altitude the sheet can get buckled. All you have to do is loosen the bolts, or raise dome and let it rest for 2 hours. Did that and no problems since. Great game, again thanks to all of you for the tips and suggestions. Here's a photo with a USA Hockey banner I found on eBay and a small rug I bought on Amazon to keep it from sliding on hardwood.

USA-Canada (resized).jpgUSA-Canada (resized).jpg
    #2130 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hockeey:

Been reading the comments for a while. Thanks for all of the contributions. Decided to go with the USA vs. Canada version. Very pleased, kids love it. Set it up on Christmas Eve, first games on the 25th. The ice surface appeared warped, a bit of a downer. I emailed ICE on 26th, Lindsey & Francois walked me through the fix. I guess in transport, if there are changes in altitude the sheet can get buckled. All you have to do is loosen the bolts, or raise dome and let it rest for 2 hours. Did that and no problems since. Great game, again thanks to all of you for the tips and suggestions. Here's a photo with a USA Hockey banner I found on eBay and a small rug I bought on Amazon to keep it from sliding on hardwood.[quoted image]

Looks awesome congrats!

#2131 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Looks awesome congrats!

Thanks! You had one of the best tips...thought I could get the solid base. Last minute I got the split base due to your advice...would not have fit through door to my game room, my measurements said it would by tilting. Best hundred ever spent. Also, whoever recommended surge protector for socket...great call.

#2132 4 years ago

In USA vs. Canada version was surprised the USA players are Blue, with Canada wearing Red. You would expect USA in White & Canada in Red or Canada in White & USA in Blue. Miracle on Ice version got it right with USA in White & Soviets in Red.

#2133 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hockeey:

Thanks! You had one of the best tips...thought I could get the solid base. Last minute I got the split base due to your advice...would not have fit through door to my game room, my measurements said it would by tilting. Best hundred ever spent. Also, whoever recommended surge protector for socket...great call.

I guess the standard base will fit through a little tighter doorways than what they say but it's better to be safe than sorry I think. As soon as I seen how big the base is I was like.....uh yeah I'm glad I got the split base lol. That things is HUGE!

#2134 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I guess the standard base will fit through a little tighter doorways than what they say but it's better to be safe than sorry I think. As soon as I seen how big the base is I was like.....uh yeah I'm glad I got the split base lol. That things is HUGE!

Yep, when the guy started lowering the pallet I couldn't believe it. Put some Pledge on the ice surface today. So fast, it's like learning the game all over again.

#2135 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hockeey:

Yep, when the guy started lowering the pallet I couldn't believe it. Put some Pledge on the ice surface today. So fast, it's like learning the game all over again.

You can clean the bubble with that pledge also. It works great on the bubble believe it or not.

#2136 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

You can clean the bubble with that pledge also. It works great on the bubble believe it or not.

Good tip, I bought the Novus 1 Cleaner and Novus 2 Scratch Remover before it arrived. Considering the price of Super Chexx Pro, I bought a fleece blanket to serve as a scratch cover and also to keep sun off it, as I hear sun can fade the base and surface (sort of my version of a pool table cover). Prob gonna get a cord floor cover to prevent anyone from tripping on power cord and ripping it off the base.

#2137 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hockeey:

Good tip, I bought the Novus 1 Cleaner and Novus 2 Scratch Remover before it arrived. Considering the price of Super Chexx Pro, I bought a fleece blanket to serve as a scratch cover and also to keep sun off it, as I hear sun can fade the base and surface (sort of my version of a pool table cover). Prob gonna get a cord floor cover to prevent anyone from tripping on power cord and ripping it off the base.

Good idea adding a cord floor cover! I just ordered one for my game. It would hurt my feelings if someone ripped the cord out of my bubble hockey table.

#2138 4 years ago

Hello everyone! Just wondering if anyone can help me with this bubble hockey. Just bought it off of a customer I did some Work for. Can’t seem to find how old this Canada v Russia version is. Also seems the pick gets jammed sometimes after a goal is scored.scoreboard works great. Also have never seen these metal plates across the goal line and if they are needed?. I apologize if this has been cleared up before, but I’ve always wanted one of these and I jumped on it for a good price. By the condition, I’m going to have to revamp this machine to bring it back to the glory days shape it once was in. If anyone can provide any tips that would be great! Didn’t know where else to turn and can’t seem to find one anywhere online.

8DF51FF2-4DE2-4485-A75E-E519ACF00790 (resized).png8DF51FF2-4DE2-4485-A75E-E519ACF00790 (resized).png8E117A50-EB38-4176-A519-2EAF848F0B46 (resized).png8E117A50-EB38-4176-A519-2EAF848F0B46 (resized).pngB627B09A-3C6F-47A9-B61B-FE913340BFA3 (resized).pngB627B09A-3C6F-47A9-B61B-FE913340BFA3 (resized).png
    #2139 4 years ago
    Quoted from Galatzky:

Hello everyone! Just wondering if anyone can help me with this bubble hockey. Just bought it off of a customer I did some Work for. Can’t seem to find how old this Canada v Russia version is. Also seems the pick gets jammed sometimes after a goal is scored.scoreboard works great. Also have never seen these metal plates across the goal line and if they are needed?. I apologize if this has been cleared up before, but I’ve always wanted one of these and I jumped on it for a good price. By the condition, I’m going to have to revamp this machine to bring it back to the glory days shape it once was in. If anyone can provide any tips that would be great! Didn’t know where else to turn and can’t seem to find one anywhere online.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Blitzburgh and a few others will be able to jump in and help you. Nice find!

#2140 4 years ago
    Quoted from Galatzky:

Hello everyone! Just wondering if anyone can help me with this bubble hockey. Just bought it off of a customer I did some Work for. Can’t seem to find how old this Canada v Russia version is. Also seems the pick gets jammed sometimes after a goal is scored.scoreboard works great. Also have never seen these metal plates across the goal line and if they are needed?. I apologize if this has been cleared up before, but I’ve always wanted one of these and I jumped on it for a good price. By the condition, I’m going to have to revamp this machine to bring it back to the glory days shape it once was in. If anyone can provide any tips that would be great! Didn’t know where else to turn and can’t seem to find one anywhere online.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations. That's an original Chexx from the early to mid 80's. I believe the red bases were on the ones that shipped to Canada. The metal plate looks like a fix someone added, the ice has a tendency to crack behind the goalie. You can still get most of the parts from ICE.

If you want to restore it to the original look you can get new Canadian decals here.
    https://www.thisoldgame.com/misc-parts/canidan-chexx-decal-set

#2141 4 years ago
    Quoted from Galatzky:

Super Chexx Original parts from manufacturer. Might be worth a call to them as well. Good find. https://www.icegame.com/category/22/super-chexx#parts

#2142 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Blitzburgh and a few others will be able to jump in and help you. Nice find!

Thank
    You!

#2143 4 years ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

Congratulations. That's an original Chexx from the early to mid 80's. I believe the red bases were on the ones that shipped to Canada. The metal plate looks like a fix someone added, the ice has a tendency to crack behind the goalie. You can still get most of the parts from ICE.
    If you want to restore it to the original look you can get new Canadian decals here.
    https://www.thisoldgame.com/misc-parts/canidan-chexx-decal-set

Thanks for the info! Very excited!

#2144 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hockeey:

Super Chexx Original parts from manufacturer. Might be worth a call to them as well. Good find. https://www.icegame.com/category/22/super-chexx#parts

thanks I will give them a shout!

#2145 4 years ago

Had some friends over and we played bubble hockey and they all loved it. Man we knocked the shit out of that puck, what a blast! Super Chexx rocks!!

#2146 4 years ago

Hello again all. Just wondering if anyone can help with a couple questions. So I picked apart my original chexx. But can’t seem to figure out how to remove the top from the base as I would need to take it in two pieces to fit it in the basement..it’s currently in the garage. Also this is how it looks inside after I took off the playing surface and ramps which I will be replacing along with handle grips . Any recommendations of any other things I should look to replace? Also the key did not come with the machine to open the control box if anyone knows how I can get one or get access to the box a different way? But the most important is trying to figure out how to remove the top as it doesn’t seem like the same set up as the ones I’ve seen online... thanks in advance!
    3546190F-3F82-4147-B67A-796FECD30BB9 (resized).jpeg3546190F-3F82-4147-B67A-796FECD30BB9 (resized).jpeg3AD2B360-F7EB-41B8-A34E-86F7B681D3C8 (resized).jpeg3AD2B360-F7EB-41B8-A34E-86F7B681D3C8 (resized).jpeg8855AB0B-7F22-442E-8B35-0287F1E51FAD (resized).jpeg8855AB0B-7F22-442E-8B35-0287F1E51FAD (resized).jpeg

#2147 4 years ago
    Quoted from Galatzky:

Hello again all. Just wondering if anyone can help with a couple questions. So I picked apart my original chexx. But can’t seem to figure out how to remove the top from the base as I would need to take it in two pieces to fit it in the basement..it’s currently in the garage. Also this is how it looks inside after I took off the playing surface and ramps which I will be replacing along with handle grips . Any recommendations of any other things I should look to replace? Also the key did not come with the machine to open the control box if anyone knows how I can get one or get access to the box a different way? But the most important is trying to figure out how to remove the top as it doesn’t seem like the same set up as the ones I’ve seen online... thanks in advance!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mine just has 4 hex bolts underneath that connects the base to the top but my game is new. Cant imagine the old ones being any different but maybe they are. You might have to drill the lock out to get into the coin door. I wonder if you will find a bunch of money in there?

#2148 4 years ago

Double post

#2149 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Mine just has 4 hex bolts underneath that connects the base to the top but my game is new. Cant imagine the old ones being any different but maybe they are. You might have to drill the lock out to get into the coin door. I wonder if you will find a bunch of money in there?

Once you get the top off you should be able to take apart the back of the lock and remove it.

#2150 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

That’s what I’ve seen online. But mine doesn’t look like it’s the same set up. But I guess I can just order a manual online that might have an explanation. Thanks for the info and the lock suggestion lol

There are 3,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey/page/43?hl=galatzky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.