Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,108 posts
  • 429 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Shaker
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sc (resized).jpg
    IMG_0245 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0246 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0244 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0241 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20231121_223429875.jpg
    AIwr.gif
    20230402_121006 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231007_154725659 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0081 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0043 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0042 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0041 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

There are 3,108 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 63.
    #2051 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Is there any suggestions for ordering extra parts when I order my new game? It looks like extra washers would be a good idea.
    Thanks in advance

maybe an extra puck or two...other than that the game is under warranty for a while, and ICE is pretty good at shipping out parts.....I would wait as u may not need any parts

#2052 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

It may work, I'm definitely not saying that it wont. Heck I hope that it does because these players are a bitch to pull out.

My nephew just got his super chexx yesterday,and he said he'd be afraid to use a pry bar. I'll probably feel the same way,once I see a super chexx table. He said his players were hitting the ice,so he had to pull them out,and bend them so they didn't hit the ice. He also had to fix the ice where the puck shoots out,because it was hitting the ice.This could have happened during shipment,but the players rubbing on the ice,just seems like the QC people don't even exist?
    Their Quality Control doesn't instill a lot of confidence,and I'm starting to think ,maybe I should get a Tornado Foosball table instead?

#2053 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

My nephew just got his super chexx yesterday,and he said he'd be afraid to use a pry bar. I'll probably feel the same way,once I see a super chexx table. He said his players were hitting the ice,so he had to pull them out,and bend them so they didn't hit the ice. He also had to fix the ice where the puck shoots out,because it was hitting the ice.This could have happened during shipment,but the players rubbing on the ice,just seems like the QC people don't even exist?
    Their Quality Control doesn't instill a lot of confidence,and I'm starting to think ,maybe I should get a Tornado Foosball table instead?

I have several players who's sticks scrape the ice a little bit also. I just kind of figured that was normal?

#2054 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have several players who's sticks scrape the ice a little bit also. I just kind of figured that was normal?

I think he said the manual said to pull on the player and bend it so it doesn't rub. I'll double check with him, just to be sure I have the information right.

#2055 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I think he said the manual said to pull on the player and bend it so it doesn't rub. I'll double check with him, just to be sure I have the information right.

Mine may run in certain areas when you turn the player and in certain areas it's ok. I guess the ice maybe isnt perfectly level or something. Doesnt seem to hurt anything and my buddy said his ribs a little bit as well. I do have one player that his stick is a little too high off if the ground and I need to bend him closer to the ice.

#2056 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

maybe an extra puck or two...other than that the game is under warranty for a while, and ICE is pretty good at shipping out parts.....I would wait as u may not need any parts

I never even thought about the game being under warranty when I ordered mynsoare parts. Now you tell me!

#2057 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Mine may run in certain areas when you turn the player and in certain areas it's ok. I guess the ice maybe isnt perfectly level or something. Doesnt seem to hurt anything and my buddy said his ribs a little bit as well. I do have one player that his stick is a little too high off if the ground and I need to bend him closer to the ice.

Maybe you can hit him with a hammer,to get him closer to the ice

#2058 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Maybe you can hit him with a hammer,to get him closer to the ice

Rubber mallet so i dont break him.

#2059 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Here is what my nephew did to fix his players from scraping the ice.

Screenshot_20200102-220046 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200102-220046 (resized).png
    #2060 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

https://www.icegame.com/images/document/6c1f86a8-b5e0-401e-a69b-c326b0a9fd95/player%20shaft%20service%20document.pdf

#2061 4 years ago

Thanks guys. Sure seems like that would break that gear box doesnt it? I'll give her a try though!

#2062 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I think I was a little harsh with my criticism about the companies QC. My nephew fixed all of the players that were rubbing the ice with a little tweak. He did say he was a little nervous bending the players shaft.
    Now the players are moving real nice,and he's having a blast with his new game.

#2063 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I think I was a little harsh with my criticism about the companies QC. My nephew fixed all of the players that were rubbing the ice with a little tweak. He did say he was a little nervous bending the players shaft.
    Now the players are moving real nice,and he's having a blast with his new game.

The players feel really loose even on a brand new game and they say it takes around 20 games for them to break in and loosen up. I didn't think they could loosen up anymore than they already were new but they really do, it's hard to believe. They're so loose now when you spin them that it almost feels like they are too loose.and going to fall apart.

#2064 4 years ago

I'll be ordering my game January 7th ! I'd order it now, but the mortgage company is watching me like a hawk Once settlement is made,I'm going online to place my order.
    I'm going to check out my nephews table next week. He bought it for his office employee's,so I have to go when I won't disrupt the place.

#2065 4 years ago

He must be a awesome boss.

#2066 4 years ago

How many pieces do these disassemble into? Anyone know the smallest doorway these will fit through?

#2067 4 years ago
    Quoted from kaz1961:

How many pieces do these disassemble into? Anyone know the smallest doorway these will fit through?

2 pieces, the top and the base. If your doorway is smaller than 32" they reccomend you go with the split base and I do too because the base is one big SOB.

#2068 4 years ago

Can anyone let me know how old this unit is and how much it’s worth? Thinking about purchasing and they are asking $1800. Thanks

30E4A833-9E38-4D8A-BA13-A06A2295BB9D (resized).jpeg30E4A833-9E38-4D8A-BA13-A06A2295BB9D (resized).jpegE3D3E239-E32A-4D09-B513-54A6025180CD (resized).jpegE3D3E239-E32A-4D09-B513-54A6025180CD (resized).jpeg
    #2069 4 years ago

Not sure of the year because I'm no bubble hockey expert like some of these guys on here but it's the previous model to the Suoer Chexx Pro. For $1100.00 more dollars you get a brand new game (home version without the coin door) and it will have the 2 miniature jumbo tron scoreboards. Also no maintenance. That game there probably needs alot of work, looks like it's an arcade game.

#2070 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gtk77:

Can anyone let me know how old this unit is and how much it’s worth? Thinking about purchasing and they are asking $1800. Thanks[quoted image][quoted image]

It’s an original Super Chexx. Way overpriced. Players all need replaced. Dome and base look rough. Does it power up and can you play a game? Scoreboard works perfect? Assume some gear boxes needing replaced. Needs decals. It’s $500-1000 at best.

#2071 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not sure of the year because I'm no bubble hockey expert like some of these guys on here but it's the previous model to the Suoer Chexx Pro. For $1100.00 more dollars you get a brand new game (home version without the coin door) and it will have the 2 miniature jumbo tron scoreboards. Also no maintenance. That game there probably needs alot of work, looks like it's an arcade game.

I would agree. I searched for used chexx machines for nearly a year but couldnt ever find one at a price point that made any sense over a new one. That one looks like it has some age and probably a lot of use if it's been at what looks like a mini-golf place. It would be tempting to me at $1k if I didnt already have one but you still have the possibility of sinking more money into it and it'll never be as nice as a new one with jumbotrons. Should you ever decide to sell, a nice huo pro is going to be worth at least $1k more than that one os in my opinion.

#2072 4 years ago

When trying to fix up an older Chexx game, it's going to cost you $1k probably...$400 for the bubble, $200 for the players, $150 for the goals and ice, new grips, some new gear boxes, etc. I bought mine for $800 and then spent like $1k turning it into what I have now...in retrospect, I would have been better off just spending the extra money on a Super Chexx (at the time though, they didn’t have the new scoreboard, so there wasn't huge difference between a chexx and super chexx besides recording shots on goal).

#2073 4 years ago

Thanks for the feedback everyone . I’m going to pass on that one.

#2074 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gtk77:

Thanks for the feedback everyone . I’m going to pass on that one.

Offer them 200. Worst thing that can happen is they say no.

#2075 4 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

When trying to fix up an older Chexx game, it's going to cost you $1k probably...$400 for the bubble, $200 for the players, $150 for the goals and ice, new grips, some new gear boxes, etc. I bought mine for $800 and then spent like $1k turning it into what I have now...in retrospect, I would have been better off just spending the extra money on a Super Chexx (at the time though, they did have the new scoreboard, so there wasn't huge difference between a chexx and super chexx besides recording shots on goal).

Add in another $100ish for a new ice surface, too. Most of the old ones are yellowed or the goal creases are cracked.

I was given a warehouse Super Chexx for free .... free has cost me about $1200! Lol!

#2076 4 years ago

Yikes $1k to fix up, great to know that! ok are there any promo or sales for new? Also, is there only one version for sale? Shots on goal sounds awesome.

#2077 4 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Yikes $1k to fix up, great to know that! ok are there any promo or sales for new? Also, is there only one version for sale? Shots on goal sounds awesome.

There are rarely sales and if there is I think it's only like 100 bucks off or maybe you get an extra team for free or something like that.

There are many different models as but the game itself is all the same. You got the standard version with just the red and blue players, then theres the Miracle on ice version, last years Stannley Cup teams, pick your own teams, a college version etc.

They all vary in price and you can add things like a coin door, cup holders, LED lights, split base or a one piece base and stuff like that. I probably wouldnt get a coin door if you're not going to route it because it's more of a pain in the ass to turn the game on and off. The home version has all of the buttons on the side if the game and its 200 dollars cheaper.

The LED lights are nice if you want it to light your game room up with cool colors but certainly not a necessity. Most people dont get them I dont think. I got them and I like them but I'd be just fine without them also. As long as you have someone to play with I totally reccomend it because this shit is super fun.

#2078 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

There are rarely sales and if there is I think it's only like 100 bucks off or maybe you get an extra team for free or something like that.
    There are many different models as but the game itself is all the same. You got the standard version with just the red and blue players, then theres the Miracle on ice version, last years Stannley Cup teams, pick your own teams, a college version etc.
    They all vary in price and you can add things like a coin door, cup holders, LED lights, split base or a one piece base and stuff like that. I probably wouldnt get a coin door if you're not going to route it because it's more of a pain in the ass to turn the game on and off. The home version has all of the buttons on the side if the game and its 200 dollars cheaper.
    The LED lights are nice if you want it to light your game room up with cool colors but certainly not a necessity. Most people dont get them I dont think. I got them and I like them but I'd be just fine without them also. As long as you have someone to play with I totally reccomend it because this shit is super fun.

Your last sentence is key- You have to have someone to play with!! These things are not inexpensive but if you want the best it comes at a cost. If your ever thinking of changing it out you may want to consider the coin option as they are more desirable for re-sale. I bought a new one a couple years ago, and it is, as you say a shit ton of fun and gets lots of play with a group. When its just me and the gf not so much. Good thing most of us have pins as a backup

#2079 4 years ago

Hi Chexx Experts. I have been using this board for a while but first time poster. We have a first generation (Moog) made in the mid 80s. Everything worked perfectly for a month after we bought it used and then all of a sudden the sound stopped working. This board was a great place for me to find schematics and more so I went in for a look. And then nothing worked; no power. I quickly found the main fuse (which was blown) and replaced it thinking all would be fixed. Game works perfectly again but still no sound. All wires are connected and tight. The is nothing blown on the IC board where the speaker wires connect. There's no way to speakers blew at the same time.

Anyone have any idea what it could be? I spoke to some local game techs that said they could come out for $200+ but none thought they'd have an answer for me so I come here first.

Thanks! Dan

#2080 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gtk77:

Can anyone let me know how old this unit is and how much it’s worth? Thinking about purchasing and they are asking $1800. Thanks[quoted image][quoted image]

$500-$700 at best.....$1800 is a joke...Its minimum $1K to get that game working great and looking good. if you have electronic issues than it can easily be several hundred more....

#2081 4 years ago

I got my game a week or so ago and yesterday it broke one of the players disconnected from the rod.

I am new to superchex, is this an ez fix or a difficult one?

I don’t see how I lift the ice up to see under it as all the players are on the ice connected to their rods.

This sucks.

#2082 4 years ago
    Quoted from VividPsychosis:

I got my game a week or so ago and yesterday it broke one of the players disconnected from the rod.
    I am new to superchex, is this an ez fix or a difficult one?
    I don’t see how I lift the ice up to see under it as all the players are on the ice connected to their rods.
    This sucks.

Easy fix. Just a loose rod collar screw or two. Pull the players to get to it, slide the gear box into the rod collar, and tighten the bolts down good. You will need a square head screw driver.

#2083 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

You will need a square head screw driver.

What size? #1 or #2?

#2084 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Easy fix. Just a loose rod collar screw or two. Pull the players to get to it, slide the gear box into the rod collar, and tighten the bolts down good. You will need a square head screw driver.

The fix is easy but pulling the stupid players off of the playfield without tearing the ice up is what's a bitch. Mine came loose just like his did. Is it common for this to happen Blitzburg?

#2085 4 years ago

How do I pull the players? Sorry never worked on one of these. Thanks for the help!

#2086 4 years ago

How do I pull the players? Sorry never worked on one of these. Thanks for the help!

I've had my game for about 7 years. This week was the first time I pulled the players. It seems impossible but all you do is grip them good by the feet and pull with all your might straight up. If this is the first time in awhile, it will be hard but don't give up. Keep pulling and enjoy the feeling of your hand hitting your face once the player comes free. Don't forget to take the small screw out of the goalie before you pull. The good news is (after you put an ice bag on your chin where you hit it with your fist pulling the player)is that the next time you pull the players, it is MUCH easier than the first time!

good luck!

#2087 4 years ago

Also be sure to use your free hand to push down on the ice around the player as you pull to help prevent the ice from tearing

#2088 4 years ago

Just like this but your players probably are not going to come out this easy. You literally have to pull with all of your might and I hope you are fairly strong. Like Heater said put your non pulling hand on the ice. I cracked my ice in two places but fortunately you cant tell it. Good luck and may the force (literally) be with you. Also maybe stand on a small stool to give yourself more leverage, that helps if you're short like me.

#2089 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

The fix is easy but pulling the stupid players off of the playfield without tearing the ice up is what's a bitch. Mine came loose just like his did. Is it common for this to happen Blitzburg?

Strange to me that folks are having issues with the rod collars coming loose. I don't believe that to be normal for new machines. Fortunately, it is an easy fix. While you have the ice off, check all of the rod collars to make sure they are tight. Once you have it all back together, you shouldn't need to worry about pulling the players off again till you are replacing gears, many, many games from now.

#2090 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rhauf0:

Strange to me that folks are having issues with the rod collars coming loose. I don't believe that to be normal for new machines. Fortunately, it is an easy fix. While you have the ice off, check all of the rod collars to make sure they are tight. Once you have it all back together, you shouldn't need to worry about pulling the players off again till you are replacing gears, many, many games from now.

Yeah, that isn't something I would expect to fall off either. Strange.

#2091 4 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

I certainly hope that it's not a normal thing because my game wasnt even getting played that rough. If they come loose that easy you would be doing repairs in an arcade once a week I bet easily.

#2092 4 years ago

Mine has maybe 20 games played on it .brand new, definitely wasn’t played rough. Maybe it just slipped during the install process. Who knows.

#2093 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just like this but your players probably are not going to come out this easy. You literally have to pull with all of your might and I hope you are fairly strong. Like Heater said put your non pulling hand on the ice. I cracked my ice in two places but fortunately you cant tell it. Good luck and may the force (literally) be with you. Also maybe stand on a small stool to give yourself more leverage, that helps if you're short like me.

A couple of comments about that video:

1) I spray the pledge directly on the rag not the ICE surface as that could get spray into the player mechs in the slots.
    2) While the dome is open, clean the inside as well.

#2094 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

A couple of comments about that video:
    1) I spray the pledge directly on the rag not the ICE surface as that could get spray into the player mechs in the slots.
    2) While the dome is open, clean the inside as well.

The reason the players are so hard to get out is because the plastic washers are on there so tight. So tight that they are actually bending and pulling through the metal channel which in turn comes up and hits the ice and can damage the ice. My players were on so tight that I had to pull with all of my might to get them off.

#2095 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gtk77:

Hello everyone, I’m considering buying a super chexx that someone’s selling for $600. He said nothing works electronically. I have attached pics to review. Any help on what it may take to get working and if it’s worth buying is much appreciated.
    Thanks[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Apologies for the late post been out of town...... nonetheless this Chexx you posted about few weeks ago appears to be one of the 2005 Limited Edition games that they made 100 of. It appears someone put a Islanders decal on it as I don't think that was an option back then. Also, I never seen one without the coin door. As another poster said, for the money you should grab it if it's still available.

#2096 4 years ago

Hey all - Anyone know where (or if) the ICE period lights for original SUper Chexx units are available? I just fixed a unit for a customer, and some of his lights were out. Are they repairable (admitted ICE neophyte here)

Thanks in advance for the assist

#2097 4 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Looks like someone working at the factory needs to work on their attention to details?
    I'm ordering my game tomorrow,and I'm going to request that all of the collars are properly tightened. I'll probably tick off the guy in the line who tightens the collars,and he'll leave them all loose

#2098 4 years ago

Man with everyone on here seeming to place a new order wonder if they would have cut a deal for a group buy

#2099 4 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Man with everyone on here seeming to place a new order wonder if they would have cut a deal for a group buy

I doubt it. They dont seem to give to many deals from what I have seen.

#2100 4 years ago

To All
    I just placed my order for a Super Chexx Pro Standard Edition.

There are 3,108 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey/page/42?hl=vividpsychosis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.