Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,777 posts
  • 386 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Dr_Chexx
  • Topic is favorited by 137 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20211105_175636_152~2 (resized).jpg
    16387641760811336682111019776995 (resized).jpg
    66E5ECB0-DDFB-481A-8798-E11A08F321F4 (resized).jpeg
    C17FCDAE-7AD4-4889-99E9-0A2E0AE5BB6C (resized).jpeg
    78843695-1C76-44E4-BEEC-44881E218FF6 (resized).jpeg
    394D2F60-CF84-497C-A8B7-587079268883 (resized).jpeg
    ECD86595-2B95-4F4E-98A9-489786F03B16 (resized).jpeg
    1034E777-4E2F-4CB1-83D9-8D8F3048D86B (resized).jpeg
    20211119_203956 (resized).jpg
    20211118_120515 (resized).jpg
    20211116_204855 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 5.31.13 PM (resized).png
    20211116_204902 (resized).jpg
    20211116_204924 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20211113_182053835 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20211113_182022581 (resized).jpg

There are 2,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 56.
    #1951 1 year ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Damn
    I keep pacing the basement. Trying to find room for a Tornado AND Chexx.
    Love the 80’s Cold War edition. Love the STL Stanley Cup edition, since I’m born/raised STL. Love the classic clean look & attractive price of the standard edition.
    Pinside. A land of enablers.

I'm also looking for a Tornado. I almost had a t2000,for 500.00,but the guy sold it.

#1952 1 year ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Damn
    I keep pacing the basement. Trying to find room for a Tornado AND Chexx.
    Love the 80’s Cold War edition. Love the STL Stanley Cup edition, since I’m born/raised STL. Love the classic clean look & attractive price of the standard edition.
    Pinside. A land of enablers.

How big is your basement PW? What's the dimensions?

#1953 1 year ago

This is the most hype I've seen for Chexx in a long time. I'm not sure why this year is different compared to other years, it's the same game as it's been the last 40 years.

I wouldn't expect much help from Chexx support. They've been generally slow or unresponsive to my questions most of the past 10 years. They wouldn't even give me a discount and I've even an affiliate for them, lol.

For those who missed out on the $100 coupon, if you use my referral link I'll send you a pair of cupholders like I did Who-Dey so at least you'd get something a little extra. Costs you nothing, I get money towards upgrading to a Super Chexx Pro, and you get custom cupholders (and my external gratitude).

I'm excited that a bunch of you are jumping into this now. Who knew that this thread I started years ago would turn into this?

For those that are asking about foosball and bubble hockey, I actually have both. A Tornado from about 15 years ago, and an original Chexx. Which is better? Well, sorry foosball fans, the bubble hockey pretty much just stomps the foosball from about every aspect. Kids like it better, more popular at parties, etc. The foosball though is a good secondary option as a lot more people are familiar with it.

#1954 1 year ago

I would say foosball is pretty awesome as long as you had like 4 really good players but I think that's going to be hard to find for most people.

I am really having a ton of fun with this new bubble hockey. I suck really bad but I can feel myself getting better and I'm also starting to understand how to hit the puck straighter and more accurately. Hopefully passing and shooting combos will come in time.

I guess the bottom line is that bubble hockey is a game where a skilled player is going to have a definite advantage over an unskilled player I would imagine but it's also a game where unskilled players can still have a lot of fun. Foosball.....not so much I would say. I always wanted to be good at foosball but for whatever reason I just couldn't get the hang if it.

Also I think if you have unevenly matched players in bubble hockey the lesser skilled player will still have fun but in foosball it kinda sucks getting slaughtered by a good player. I can already tell that this Super Chexx is going to be a great purchase. The only downside to it is when you don't have someone to play with you cant play it but it sure is pretty to look at even when it's just sitting there. It's a great addition to any gameroom and it gives you some variety other than pinball which is nice also.

#1955 1 year ago

Btw, for those that have bought new games lately, I put names and numbers on mine a couple years ago. I detailed it here:

http://gameroominfo.com/2017/10/17/putting-numbers-names-chexx-bubble-hockey-players/

Not perfect, and would work better if I had a different printer, but that's the process anyways. I think the hardest part is if you need to print white, not many printers that can do that.

#1956 1 year ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

This is the most hype I've seen for Chexx in a long time. I'm not sure why this year is different compared to other years, it's the same game as it's been the last 40 years.
    I wouldn't expect much help from Chexx support. They've been generally slow or unresponsive to my questions most of the past 10 years. They wouldn't even give me a discount and I've even an affiliate for them, lol.
    For those who missed out on the $100 coupon, if you use my referral link I'll send you a pair of cupholders like I did Who-Dey so at least you'd get something a little extra. Costs you nothing, I get money towards upgrading to a Super Chexx Pro, and you get custom cupholders (and my external gratitude).
    I'm excited that a bunch of you are jumping into this now. Who knew that this thread I started years ago would

Crappy pinball play fields landed me in this thread. The kids love bubble hockey when we find one in the wild. Thanks for starting this thread.

#1957 1 year ago
    Quoted from tp:

Crappy pinball play fields landed me in this thread. The kids love bubble hockey when we find one in the wild. Thanks for starting this thread.

Same thing with me and Multiballmaniac too. We both had money for new Stern games but bought a Super Chexx instead and quite frankly neither one of us could be happier. Bubble hockey rocks!

#1958 1 year ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I would say foosball is pretty awesome as long as you had like 4 really good players but I think that's going to be hard to find for most people.
    I am really having a ton of fun with this new bubble hockey. I suck really bad but I can feel myself getting better and I'm also starting to understand how to hit the puck straighter and more accurately. Hopefully passing and shooting combos will come in time.
    I guess the bottom line is that bubble hockey is a game where a skilled player is going to have a definite advantage over an unskilled player I would imagine but it's also a game where unskilled players can still have a lot of fun. Foosball.....not so much I would say. I always wanted to be good at foosball but for whatever reason I just couldn't get the hang if it.

When I laid out my small game room I made space for foosball and got a nice Tornado thinking it would be entertaining and give the room more capacity by sucking in 4 people at a time. I'm catering to nephews and my kids that range from 6 to mid-20s. I quickly found out that foosball was not much of a draw. There were 2 or 3 that were decent and they would slaughter anyone else they suckered into playing. After a few parties nobody played it much. Of all things air hockey got the most play over the pins and foosball. I sold the Tornado (the same day I posted it so there's definitely a market) and pulled the trigger on a fairly standard Chexx then waited the painful month for it to be delivered. I hadn't seen a dome hockey in 25 years but I knew they looked like fun. It's been about 4 months since we got it and it's still by far the most popular game in the room when there's a large group over. It can entertain 6 people when there's a 4 player game going on. Ask any of the nephews and theyd say Chexx is their favorite machine in the room (the girls all prefer air hockey - go figure). It's relatively cheap at 1/2 the cost of most pins, holds its value well, is almost maintenance free, and draws a steady crowd. There's just something about it that sucks people in. Only minor complaint is that I wish they would offer/sell alternate callouts for some variety because after only a few mos they're getting a little old.
    All in all it's the best game room purchase I've made to date and would encourage anyone thinking about it that it's absolutely worth the $ when compared to a new pin.

20190831_145122 (resized).jpg
    #1959 1 year ago
    Quoted from daveddd14:

You guys are really making me want to spend $4k.
    12 Months same as cash- don't need it but sweet!
    We will throw in an extra team- Awesome
    Ohh take another $100 off- Jesus, seems like this may be the best deal possible
    Now to convince the wife!

And now only the 12 months same as cash remains, need to be ready next time. All of your guys comments about Foosball and pinball were my exact thoughts on why I would get a Chexx.

#1960 1 year ago

My sisters and I playing 2 years ago at Christmas. They live in Colorado so I don't get to see them nearly enough. They love bubble hockey and I love them! I think our family has played this game more than anything I had or have in the game room. It will probably be the last thing to leave the house. I plan on giving it to my Nephew and pass the torch to the next generation although he is a Sabres fan ......

DSC01891 (resized).JPG
    DSC01889 (resized).JPG
    DSC01892 (resized).JPG

#1961 1 year ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

I'm excited that a bunch of you are jumping into this now. Who knew that this thread I started years ago would turn into this?
    For those that are asking about foosball and bubble hockey, I actually have both. A Tornado from about 15 years ago, and an original Chexx. Which is better? Well, sorry foosball fans, the bubble hockey pretty much just stomps the foosball from about every aspect. Kids like it better, more popular at parties, etc. The foosball though is a good secondary option as a lot more people are familiar with it.

Quoted from taylor34:

I actually had great support from Ice’s service department. The guy was cool who helped me out. His name was Voicu. Say it like Voycoo.

#1962 1 year ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I actually had great support from Ice’s service department. The guy was cool who helped me out. His name was Voicu. Say it like Voycoo.

When I ordered parts 5 years ago, they were great. One time a person quit though, and a question I had (non-service related) kind of fell by the wayside for over a month and I couldn't figure out what had happened, lol. Maybe I should rephrase my answer, my responses through email have been so-so, however my phone calls have been great. So maybe it's just my method of contact that's the issue.

#1963 1 year ago

So after a few phone calls to Ice my issue has been resolved. My issue was after a goal was scored the puck would immediately eject back into the game (there should be about a 10 second delay). It turns out it was a file problem. I had to remove the scoreboard, and reseat two micro SD cards. Once I did that it solved my file issue. Theres also a micro SD card on the main logic board, but that wasn't the root cause of the problem.

#1964 1 year ago
    Quoted from neverahighscore:

pasted_image (resized).png

We do this too. Actually, I typically do it and the other players will be adjusting their setup, then they look at me and feel bad. Head games.

#1965 1 year ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Yer avatar.. Big ol nuggets o dank!

How the fck can you even see the puck move lol

The older I get (40) the more I rely on hearing the “TING” when playing foosball (to confirm I scored). I can’t track the damn ball sometimes. It’s muscle memory I guess.

#1966 1 year ago

My superchex ships out today! home version, black base, led upgrade, cup holders, Penguins home, Capitals away, Penguins center ice logo. Super stoked to get it in the new basement I’m building! Just got our new 12 foot shuffleboard table in too.

F3D25C48-D6BD-4DBD-89DB-3D76C5713529 (resized).jpeg
    #1967 1 year ago

Your Super Chexx is going to make an already great gameroom greater! Now if we could just get PW on board we'd be good!

#1968 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vikingatheart:

P.S. The screenshot is up above in this thread if you want to send it to them and say "hey I just saw this posted on the FB page late last week"...

I sent the screenshot,but they're giving me the deaf ear.
    I gave it a shot,I'll just order my game when I move, January 7 th. It's kinda funny, they said the code was invalid. So I sent them the screenshot,and now they're ignoring me. I think they took lessons from my wife.

#1969 1 year ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I sent the screenshot,but they're giving me the deaf ear.
    I gave it a shot,I'll just order my game when I move, January 7 th. It's kinda funny, they said the code was invalid. So I sent them the screenshot,and now they're ignoring me. I think they took lessons from my wife.

They are offering the free 3rd team again along with no interest financing......

#1970 1 year ago
    Quoted from daveddd14:

They are offering the free 3rd team again along with no interest financing......

Getting a free team and one year interest free financing is pretty hard to beat if you ask me. The 0% for one year really enticed me to pull the trigger. I love using other peoples money for a year.

#1971 1 year ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Getting a free team and one year interest free financing is pretty hard to beat if you ask me. The 0% for one year really enticed me to pull the trigger. I love using other peoples money for a year.

Is there a code for the free team? I see that they're offering one for $115, but did not see the free part...

#1972 1 year ago

Is there a code for the free team? I see that they're offering one for $115, but did not see the free part...

I saw it on FB (and now of course can't find it) HOLIDAY19 maybe? I'll keep looking.

#1973 1 year ago
    Quoted from daveddd14:

I saw it on FB (and now of course can't find it) HOLIDAY19 maybe? I'll keep looking.

HOLIDAY19 yep that's it.

#1974 1 year ago

I would think it would just be part the deal. Im not sure if that deal is even going on, but someone said that it was so i just assumed that it was. I would just call and ask them and see what they say.

#1975 1 year ago

Just missed one of these locally listed for $1k. Would've loved to bring it home for Christmas.

#1976 1 year ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I would think it would just be part the deal. Im not sure if that deal is even going on, but someone said that it was so i just assumed that it was. I would just call and ask them and see what they say.

Okay thanks. FYI the code is still working on their website as of now...

#1977 1 year ago

Price check , used super chexx ,
    Can some one tell me what to look for ?
    Problems or value range ,

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/london/chexx-bubble-hockey-table-coin-operated/1460828931

0F90765A-C312-4CA5-B2BB-3B75C2CFE57E (resized).png
    #1978 1 year ago

Make sure the gears aren’t stripped... check the ramps in the corners and behind the net, those can get yellow and get brittle. Make sure all the rods have their grips.

#1979 1 year ago

That's an original chexx so make sure the electronics and scoreboard work, I don't think ice is repairing them anymore. If it all works I wouldn't go over 1000-1200us on it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey/page/35#post-5282428

#1980 1 year ago
    Quoted from daveddd14:

HOLIDAY19 yep that's it.

Does this offer apply to standard games too?

#1981 1 year ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Does this offer apply to standard games too?

I would think so. Act like you are ordering the game and see what happens. You dont have to hit the buy button until you want to actually buy it.

#1982 1 year ago

Thank you for the info guys. Fast like dominos

#1983 1 year ago

Can anyone tell me how the dome bolts to the table on the hinge side? I have all the bolts for the dome but missing what is used on the hinge side.

#1984 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1983Chexx:

Can anyone tell me how the dome bolts to the table on the hinge side? I have all the bolts for the dome but missing what is used on the hinge side.

The hinge was originally pop riveted to the dome.

#1985 1 year ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

The hinge was originally pop riveted to the dome.

Yes I have that done on my new dome. But looking for how the dome mounts to the game on the hinge side.

#1986 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1983Chexx:

Yes I have that done on my new dome. But looking for how the dome mounts to the game on the hinge side.

I don't know if this is official but mine just has 8-32 screws with nuts inside the base.

20191221_182935 (resized).jpg
    #1987 1 year ago
    Quoted from daveddd14:

Where do you find this information? I never really use Facebook,so I'm not that great at using the site. Would I go to Facebook and just enter super chexx bubble hockey in the search bar? For some reason,I never see any current promotions?

#1988 1 year ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

I don't know if this is official but mine just has 8-32 screws with nuts inside the base.[quoted image]

That's how I figured it was done. Thanks.
    You using a PI in your chexx?

#1989 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1983Chexx:

Not at the moment. I had one running my game but I was getting intermittent issues when ejecting the puck so I went back to my original boards. It's on the list of winter projects to take a look at.

#1990 1 year ago

How. Much longer do you think I have to order the Stanley Cup Blues Bruins edition?

#1991 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1983Chexx:

Sorry one other question. Do you know what bolt holds the scoreboard up on the dome? I thought it was same bolts as the dome uses to base?

#1992 1 year ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Where do you find this information? I never really use Facebook,so I'm not that great at using the site. Would I go to Facebook and just enter super chexx bubble hockey in the search bar? For some reason,I never see any current promotions?

Yes that’s it, it took me some time to find it again but I believe it was in a picture or in the comments. It didn’t jump right out at me.

#1993 1 year ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

How. Much longer do you think I have to order the Stanley Cup Blues Bruins edition?

Not really sure but just give them a call and they will tell you probably. They are nice people and don't forget you can bet one year same as cash right now through affirm financing.

#1994 1 year ago

I had a player come loose from the gear box last night and man that was a pain in the ass to fix. Those players are a MF to get loose from the playfield and three of them came loose with the plastic washers still attached and actually put a small crack in my ice. Pissed me off big time but you cant see it so i guess it will be ok. Also the little screw on the collar closest to the gear box is nearly impossible to loosen and tighten, that was aggravating also. I tightened up All of the other collars in the game because they were a little loose so hopefully it will be ok now. I know the game takes a beating but i hope those screws don't make a habit of coming loose all the time.

On a positive note though I love the game a lot and its a total blast to play. Its every bit as fun as pinball if not more.

#1995 1 year ago
    Quoted from daveddd14:

Yes that’s it, it took me some time to find it again but I believe it was in a picture or in the comments. It didn’t jump right out at me.

Thanks,I'm a slow learner,and I forget twice as fast

#1996 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1983Chexx:

Sorry one other question. Do you know what bolt holds the scoreboard up on the dome? I thought it was same bolts as the dome uses to base?

It's a 1/4-20 X 1in button head screw, ice part number PC60622. The dome screws are 5/16.

#1997 1 year ago

While I love hockey, I also love soccer. Noticed Super Kixx is a thing but the noticed the premium on that game is substantially higher then a Chexx game. Anyone know why its that much more expensive then a Chexx?

#1998 1 year ago
    Quoted from precisionk:

While I love hockey, I also love soccer. Noticed Super Kixx is a thing but the noticed the premium on that game is substantially higher then a Chexx game. Anyone know why its that much more expensive then a Chexx?

My guess is that they just redesigned it from the ground up and they have the R&D costs to recoup. Super Chexx has been basically the same since 1983, so those development costs are long gone.

#1999 1 year ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

As long as ICE has the NHL license, they can produce anything they have produced before. I ordered a Pittsburgh Penguins Stanley Cup package (no game, just the decals, teams, ice surface) a couple of years after their 2016 cup. Just call and talk to them and request the Boston Stanley Cup Edition and they should accommodate you. It took a little longer to get because they printed them on demand for me.

#2000 1 year ago

Super Chexx coming to the Iceman's house soon!

Played the cheapo version growing up with my brother. Had some competitive battles! Canadians vs. Maple Leafs. Got pretty good at it. Let's see if any muscle memory is left from way back.

Ice had to have a hockey game right?

There are 2,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 56.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside