Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,114 posts
  • 431 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by GRB1959
  • Topic is favorited by 157 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Super Chexx Service Manual - Page 7.pdf (PDF preview)
    sc (resized).jpg
    IMG_0245 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0246 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0244 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0241 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20231121_223429875.jpg
    AIwr.gif
    20230402_121006 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231007_154725659 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0081 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0043 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0042 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0041 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 3,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 63.
    #1851 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thanks for pictures Gord. Everytime i see a picture of the Miracle on Ice version it makes me realize that i made a good choice because it looks so good. The Miracle on Ice version is the very first one that they made isnt it?

Hmm, I am not sure that I understand your question regarding the 'Miracle On Ice' version being the very first one that they made. Are you asking if this is the very first version of Chexx/Super Chexx that was created by ICE? I don't really know very much about the history of ICE and the chronology of the hockey themes for their bubble hockey games. Sorry

Gord

#1852 4 years ago
    Quoted from GRB1959:

Hmm, I am not sure that I understand your question regarding the 'Miracle On Ice' version being the very first one that they made. Are you asking if this is the very first version of Chexx/Super Chexx that was created by ICE? I don't really know very much about the history of ICE and the chronology of the hockey themes for their bubble hockey games. Sorry
    Gord

Yes that's what I was wondering, if the miracle on ice version was the first theme that they made? Or was it just a red team vs a Blue team?

#1853 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes that's what I was wondering, if the miracle on ice version was the first theme that they made? Or was it just a red team vs a Blue team?

Chexx was the first version, blue base and blue top. USA vs Russia. Not labeled Miracle on Ice until the last generation of Super Chexx. Some Chexx also had Canada as a team.

#1854 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Chexx was the first version, blue base and blue top. USA vs Russia. Not labeled Miracle on Ice until the last generation of Super Chexx. Some Chexx also had Canada as a team.

When did they start doing the NHL teams? That was a great idea also.

#1855 4 years ago

fyi, I saw some ad that they're including an extra NHL team with that version right now through Dec 31st.

#1856 4 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

fyi, I saw some ad that they're including an extra NHL team with that version right now through Dec 31st.

That's a nice little bonus.

#1857 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

When did they start doing the NHL teams? That was a great idea also.

NHL was around same time as Miracle in Ice and the last generation of Super Chexx. They also offered AHL teams around 2012. Full base decal packages and teams, just like what comes with current NHL packages.

#1858 4 years ago

NHL was around same time as Miracle in Ice and the last generation of Super Chexx. They also offered AHL teams around 2012. Full base decal packages and teams, just like what comes with current NHL packages.

It would be interesting to know how many of these games that they sell a year. I know of one in my area but it is wore out and dirty as heck. Doesnt seem like they would sell many of them but I'm sure there are certain areas of the country where they sell alot of them. I think they might build other types of games also there. I should have mine Tuesday the way that it's looking, cant wait.

#1859 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

It would be interesting to know how many of these games that they sell a year. I know of one in my area but it is wore out and dirty as heck. Doesnt seem like they would sell many of them but I'm sure there are certain areas of the country where they sell alot of them. I think they might build other types of games also there. I should have mine Tuesday the way that it's looking, cant wait.

Their affiliate page says that they've sold 40k total over the 35+ years. So a pretty decent amount but I would guess that a lot of those aren't even around anymore. Sounds like they average about 1000 a year sold, though I wouldn't be surprised if that number is currently higher with the new LCD they added.

#1860 4 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Their affiliate page says that they've sold 40k total over the 35+ years. So a pretty decent amount but I would guess that a lot of those aren't even around anymore. Sounds like they average about 1000 a year sold, though I wouldn't be surprised if that number is currently higher with the new LCD they added.

If a 1000 per year is accurate that's pretty dang good. That would be enough to keep them really busy. If I had a bar or restaurant etc I would definitely put one of these in. I would think it would pay for itself pretty easy and be mostly maintenance free. How long ago did they start putting the LCD screens in?

#1861 4 years ago

As a guy in St. Louis I’m thinking of grabbing a Blues Bruins Stanley Cup one, is direct the best place to order?

#1862 4 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

As a guy in St. Louis I’m thinking of grabbing a Blues Bruins Stanley Cup one, is direct the best place to order?

Yes definitely. Bringhomethedome.com

#1863 4 years ago

In 1 hour from now, 610 EST -

Hello, I have a tech to work on my Super Chexx with the Japanese Super Kixx board in it. My Sound went out.

Anyone have Schematics on this these.

chexxjap2 (resized).jpgchexxjap2 (resized).jpg
    #1864 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes definitely. Bringhomethedome.com

More general site:

www.icegame.com

click on the Bubble Hockey link.How do you get by the "But Now Pay Over Time" ad. Never saw that before...Just click on a product before the ad appears. Yikes that's annoying.

#1865 4 years ago

anyone know what would cause sound to go out?

Game plays but not as fun without it

#1866 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

More general site:
    www.icegame.com
    click on the Bubble Hockey link.How do you get by the "But Now Pay Over Time" ad. Never saw that before...Just click on a product before the ad appears. Yikes that's annoying.

The affirm ad doesnt effect me when I go to the page at all. Thats a great thing though because its one year same as cash.

#1867 4 years ago

Got my game yesterday and it is absolutely beautiful. Me and my buddy put it together and fired it up and I think we.played the most boring and slowest bubble hockey match ever lol. Man did we suck lol. It's not fun when you suck that bad. The good news is you start improving quickly and once you do it is a total blast.

I really love this thing and I can tell already that it was a great purchase..I cant wait to get a group of friends over and really get some good matches going, it's going to be awesome. Took a fee pics before work that arent very good. I'll take more later. Oh yeah and this game is freakin HUGE lol. Holy crap does it take up some space in my little basement.

20191212_132629 (resized).jpg20191212_132629 (resized).jpg20191212_132757 (resized).jpg20191212_132757 (resized).jpg20191212_132718 (resized).jpg20191212_132718 (resized).jpg20191212_132749 (resized).jpg20191212_132749 (resized).jpg20191212_132502 (resized).jpg20191212_132502 (resized).jpg20191212_132624 (resized).jpg20191212_132624 (resized).jpg
    #1868 4 years ago

Who-Dey
    Don’t forget to get some lemon Pledge and wipe down the ice surface. The puck will glide like it’s on ice! That makes it faster and more fun.

#1869 4 years ago

who-dey
    Don’t forget to get some lemon Pledge and wipe down the ice surface. The puck will glide like it’s on ice! That makes it faster and more fun.

Did someone say lemon pledge?

160974211afee948bd8579d0540d2004 (resized).png160974211afee948bd8579d0540d2004 (resized).png
    #1870 4 years ago

They did!

#1871 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Got my game yesterday and it is absolutely beautiful. Me and my buddy put it together and fired it up and I think we.played the most boring and slowest bubble hockey match ever lol. Man did we suck lol. It's not fun when you suck that bad. The good news is you start improving quickly and once you do it is a total blast.
    I really love this thing and I can tell already that it was a great purchase..I cant wait to get a group of friends over and really get some good matches going, it's going to be awesome. Took a fee pics before work that arent very good. I'll take more later. Oh yeah and this game is freakin HUGE lol. Holy crap does it take up some space in my little basement.
    .[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome....hopefully no play field chipping

#1872 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice! One question,do the LEDs do anything during game play? I'll be ordering my game in the next few weeks,and I'm still on the fence about adding the LEDs.
    Good luck with your new game.

#1873 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I would like to just say that Taylor's referral link is legit and his cup holders are really nice. He has a really nice website that he has put together about bubble hockey and pinball etc so anyone who is thinking about getting a new Super Chexx should use his link and help out a fellow Pinsider.

Couldn't agree more about the cup holders!!! Love my set....Thanks again Taylor.

#1874 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Very nice! One question,do the LEDs do anything during game play? I'll be ordering my game in the next few weeks,and I'm still on the fence about adding the LEDs.

They do not interact with game play.....They change colors, look cool, and are well done. Interacting with game play makes all the sense in the world.

#1875 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

That looks really amazing. I'm hoping that I can slowly build up the funds to upgrade mine.

#1876 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stal8080:

Couldn't agree more about the cup holders!!! Love my set....Thanks again Taylor.

Glad you like them.

#1877 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

No they dont do anything during gameplay but they do look pretty nice. I really like how they installed them on the game also, very nicely done. The LED add on certainly isn't a must have by any means but they look nice and I'm glad that i got them. If you have kids i think that they would probably love them as well. They really brighten the room up and i would say that they turn seven or eight different colors probably.

#1878 4 years ago

How often do you guys wipe your playfields down with Lemon Pledge? Haven’t found any chipping on the Playfield yet PW79 but the way that puck flies around there im sure that its just a matter of time.

#1879 4 years ago

Depends on use and it is optional really. I do it a couple times a year, usually before I have a group of guests coming over. I wipe down the dome far more frequently (weekly).

A spritz of pledge on the towel will go a long way.

#1880 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Congrats on the game! But I couldn’t help but notice, are you watching some sort of stiga table hockey tournament on the tv?
    That looks like something you would see on ESPN 8, the ocho!

#1881 4 years ago

The “playfield” will never chip. Nor will it dimple.

Pledge should be applied and buffed off so that the puck can slide easy from end to end. When the puck slides and then stops, or slows, it is time for a pledge application.

#1882 4 years ago

Do NOT use any ammonia-based window cleaner on the dome. Use Novus 1 for general cleaning, or a swifter wipe for a light dusting. The dome is nearly indestructible, but it can scratch easy. Use microfiber towels, and never clean with paper towels.

#1883 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Congrats on the game! But I couldn’t help but notice, are you watching some sort of stiga table hockey tournament on the tv?
    That looks like something you would see on ESPN 8, the ocho!

Not sure what that was really. I was watching the set up video on youtube and it just kept playing other videos automatically after the set up video. I did notice one video where these Japanese guys I believe it was were playing some kind of a small rod hockey game and the rods were really teeny tiny and very flimsy almost like a little toy would be. I dont know how they even grabbed ahold of them.

#1884 4 years ago

Thanks for all the tips guys. What about spray away glass cleaner on the dome? It has no ammonia in it. Would that be ok or should i just use novus 1? I also have some Plexus that i used to use on my motorcycle windshields, that may work good also?

#1885 4 years ago

I use Plexus. It's a great product and helps protect plastics.

#1886 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

No they dont do anything during gameplay but they do look pretty nice. I really like how they installed them on the game also, very nicely done. The LED add on certainly isn't a must have by any means but they look nice and I'm glad that i got them. If you have kids i think that they would probably love them as well. They really brighten the room up and i would say that they turn seven or eight different colors probably.

You talked me into it,I don't have any kids,but there's still a big kid inside me.

#1887 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thanks for all the tips guys. What about spray away glass cleaner on the dome? It has no ammonia in it. Would that be ok or should i just use novus 1? I also have some Plexus that i used to use on my motorcycle windshields, that may work good also?

Novus 1 on the dome, pledge on the ice surface.

#1888 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

You talked me into it,I don't have any kids,but there's still a big kid inside me.

You won’t regret it. People have a blast when they come over and play. If they don’t smile when they walk up to play their first game kick em out.

#1889 4 years ago

Had to get under the hood tonight...left defenseman rod collar busted. This is what years of sitting in a humid houston warehouse will do to the pot metal. Luckily, I had some spares from the original restoration!

B10646DD-22EB-435D-8A2D-A4F924275FC0 (resized).jpegB10646DD-22EB-435D-8A2D-A4F924275FC0 (resized).jpeg25C229FC-FFE2-4B5F-B14A-65BB0225A838 (resized).jpeg25C229FC-FFE2-4B5F-B14A-65BB0225A838 (resized).jpeg
    #1890 4 years ago

Installed the Hockey Time cup holders. Great mod!!!

17C4FE3C-B167-41A8-A3F0-887D71C91FB6 (resized).jpeg17C4FE3C-B167-41A8-A3F0-887D71C91FB6 (resized).jpeg90D01A4E-2C54-472F-A7FF-D771B4F10E2E (resized).jpeg90D01A4E-2C54-472F-A7FF-D771B4F10E2E (resized).jpeg

#1891 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I really struggled about the LED light kit because 200 bucks isnt anything to sneeze at but I saw pics of Ptowns game and thought they looked nice and just said heck with it im already spending this much so I'll just get the light kit as well. I figured the worse thing that could happen is I dont like them and I would waste 200 bucks and turn them off. I've wasted 200 dollars on dumber things than that i can promise you that much.

If you use the affirm credit on their site you can get one year same as cash also so don't forget that. I really like my game and dont regret buying it at all. Its absolutely gorgeous and a lot of fun. I cant imagine how much fun this thing is going to be when I get better at it. Right now I suck pretty bad but it's still fun. Its going to be lots of fun when I have friends over to play too, hopefully it will become a regular thing.

#1892 4 years ago

Installed the Hockey Time cup holders. Great mod!!!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Taylor's cup holder really are nice and you dont have to worry about someone walking into the ones that you put on the side of the game and ripping them off and tearing your game up.

#1893 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Taylor's cup holder really are nice and you dont have to worry about someone walking into the ones that you put on the side of the game and ripping them off and tearing your game up.

For sure! Safest spot for a drink. Fits a can of pop like a glove. I was worried about spillage. My son and I both had new drinks for 6 games. Not one drop splashed out. Thank you, Taylor!

#1894 4 years ago

I just ran into my first problem with my super chexx....typically after somebody scores a goal theres a delay prior to the puck being ejected into the game. For some reason mine is happening immediately, which is very annoying. Not sure if theres a switch or an opto in there, but something wrong. I'll have to call Ice on Monday

#1895 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I just ran into my first problem with my super chexx....typically after somebody scores a goal theres a delay prior to the puck being ejected into the game. For some reason mine is happening immediately, which is very annoying. Not sure if theres a switch or an opto in there, but something wrong. I'll have to call Ice on Monday

That sucks, sorry to hear that. I'm sure it's nothing big probably. That's weird though.

#1896 4 years ago

Just installed Taylor's cup holders on my game too, looks great I think!

20191213_225905 (resized).jpg20191213_225905 (resized).jpg20191213_230009 (resized).jpg20191213_230009 (resized).jpg
    #1897 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just installed Taylor's cup holders on my game too, looks great I think![quoted image][quoted image]

The Red looks good....

#1898 4 years ago

I noticed one of my tracks is getting a little burred up and I was just wondering if that is normal? It's not a big deal but i was just curious why that is happening? This isnt a great picture but it'll give you an idea what I'm talking about.
    20191213_233741 (resized).jpg20191213_233741 (resized).jpg

#1899 4 years ago

For what it’s worth, a few of my tracks looked like that before a single game was played.

#1900 4 years ago

does anyone have the code for the free team holiday promotion

There are 3,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.