6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,862 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 minutes ago by Who-Dey
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 504 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN0165 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0162 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0166 (resized).JPG
    20161026_161229 (resized).jpg
    865B12B0-DB44-4E48-9354-78CA186ED3D0 (resized).jpeg
    F1C4F1AA-204E-4C55-9E36-1F8EE2A15105 (resized).jpeg
    SCBHPRO (resized).jpg
    Hockey (resized).jpg
    7BBC91C4-B901-4F31-854A-C7E7D1BA24C2 (resized).jpeg
    CB47F075-4BB4-4122-BE9E-E4F05E1064A6 (resized).jpeg
    102F40A8-86FC-4E30-B777-0E8216E2D256 (resized).jpeg
    D75F9283-D167-4F71-BFB0-ABB6CE1EF3C6 (resized).jpeg
    FFD23181-8CC7-4D16-8296-1A2544A2E14C (resized).jpeg
    C9227EAA-B227-49F8-8E4A-3B3A06B68912 (resized).jpeg
    42BF4A1F-A8DC-40B3-B024-074089FBFDB9 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1773 (resized).JPG

There are 1862 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 38.
    #1801 18 days ago

Anyone interested in a good used pro, pm

SCBHPRO (resized).jpg
    #1802 18 days ago
    Quoted from neverahighscore:

I agree with your point of view. A song that was recorded how many years ago is affecting one of the best songs in hockey. I loved when Lauren Hart sang this song with Kate Smith superimposed on the screen. Love your callouts. Great work!!!!!

hahaha Thanks man.
    Here is the anthem I have when my PC friends come over ...hahaha
    This is just actually another one I created. I save the Kate one for when we have tournaments and are in the final rounds. Stupid I know but its all for fun.
    This one was a little harder. I remember having to over dub the Flyers announcer over the ACDC track..I like it though..

#1803 18 days ago
    Quoted from Heisenberg:

It took me a while and plenty of times messing up the micro SD card and having to rebuild it again but I managed to change a few of the sound bites. Some of the sound files they had on there I totally deleted because they made no sense at at when the boo button was pushed. I cannot stand the guy singing the USA anthem so I switched it to a Flyers classic. I had the process written down so if I find it I can help you out. Its been a while and it was somewhat involved but I will look into it. I purchased my unit around 2 years ago and I love it. I bought the standard model with a split base. At that time the price was a mere $ 2695 and that's all my wife would allow me to spend on something she just doesn't understand. So I threw a Flyers sticker on the base and put a flag over top and it looks good enough. It took almost 3 months to get it built and delivered so Chexx actually threw in 2 NHL teams at no cost to make up for the long wait time. So naturally I went with the Flyers most recent hated opponent, the Penguins. Like you said, back in my younger days we hated the stinkin' Rangers. But to get my kids into it I picked the Pens. So how did you get Pens in the away white Jersey? Only option I see is black....Anyway check out the video of just a few of the sounds I changed..Go Flyers!!

I wish I could upvote this more than once! Amazing!

I would love that Kate Smith GBA clip as well as the "Lets Go Flyers" organ sounds. I also wouldn't mind a Lauren Hart clip of GBA and/or the anthem.

Would be amazing to replicate most of the Wells Fargo Center sounds as well, although it's supposed to be a "boo" button, not really a "cheer" button right? If you have any instructions on how to change the sounds, please let me know, or point me to a web link. I'd definitely be interesting in playing around with that...

And if I understood your previous post correctly, each boo button plays from the same assortment of clips right? It's not like the Penguins one will play from one section and the Flyers another? That kind of takes a little of the realism away if they wind up booing themselves...

And as for the white jerseys, it was an option on the website. Perhaps it was recently added, but it makes it even more realistic to have the away white jerseys IMO.

#1804 18 days ago
    Quoted from Heisenberg:

I don't know about that one man. So its not possible that the Flyers got a little extra inspiration from hearing Kate sing and played just a little harder or with more passion? That's almost saying the same thing as there is no such thing as momentum swings or playing for a purpose other than just the game. The night Brett Farve's father died he had one of the greatest games of his life. And partly because his players played harder for him. Or what about when Buster Douglas knocked out the invincible Iron Mike Tyson. Buster dedicated that fight before he stepped into the ring to his mother who had passed away that week. No way man, I disagree that and think that the Flyers got that extra juice from Kate. It happens all the time and in every facet of like. But as far as luck and superstition, thats not my thing and I dont believe in that.

Farve and Buster's situation completely different as they had someone close to them that died so yeah I can see them drawing from that. Someone singing the NA or GBA ....... willing to bet that if you ask players about whether they draw inspiration from the singer they will advise that they don't even hear the singer as they're focusing on the game. No big deal as it's just an opinion and mine at that, which is worth less then me giving my 2 cents worth

Quoted from Heisenberg:

So now that we got that nonsense out of the way, unfortunately those boo button sound bites cant be controlled and play randomly. So if you're playing on my table and are the Pens and you hit the boo button, you may end up booing yourself. lol But thats part of the disadvantage of being those stinkin' Pens on my table..

Good to know but I look at it this way ..... you found away to get to this point so either you or someone else will come along, eventually, and figure out how to take it to the next step.

Thanks for the info

NEWS FLASH: Mike Babcock fired

#1805 17 days ago
    Quoted from Heisenberg:

hahaha, Man you jumped on that a lot quicker than I thought someone would. I don't give in into political correctness and what the masses say is right or wrong. Quite frankly I'm fed up with it all. I go by my own code of what is or what isn't. But to each his own. As long as you like Bubble Hockey you're ok in my book.

Man...for a Philly guy, I’m liking Hesienberg more and more! Great response.

#1806 17 days ago

Is there anywhere on the World Wide Web that has sound clips of hockey arena organ music? Spotify? Apple Music?

1 week later
    #1807 8 days ago

I am approximately a week away from getting my new Super Chexx and the wait is killing me but I was just wondering if you guys had any game setting tips for me like how long to set the period lengths or anything like that.

Also one other thing, are there any things that a player could do that is considered forbidden or cheating? Seems like I remember someone saying that they hated it when players shake the game or something like that, I cant really remember what it was now that they were talking about. Basically is there anything that a player can do that would make you say.....no no no, not allowed!

#1808 7 days ago

I just read up on some of the rules and they are calling shaking the game popcorning lol. I can see a bunch of 50-60 year old drunks right now yelling at each other saying "HEY MF NO POPCORNING!!" lmao

#1809 7 days ago

In my house, on the faceoff, if the puck goes directly to someones center, we pass it to the outside versus taking a cheap goal.

#1810 7 days ago
    Quoted from Rhauf0:

In my house, on the faceoff, if the puck goes directly to someones center, we pass it to the outside versus taking a cheap goal.

Good idea. I should get mine by the end of the week I'm thinking. I cant wait to get super excited.

#1811 6 days ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I just read up on some of the rules and they are calling shaking the game popcorning lol. I can see a bunch of 50-60 year old drunks right now yelling at each other saying "HEY MF NO POPCORNING!!" lmao

I think I saw this referred to as an “icequake” on a bubble hockey forum.

#1812 6 days ago

Outside of moving the game from it’s original spot on the floor, everything inside the bubble should be legal. In the NHL, do guys get to stand in the crease and take as much time as they want to set the puck up on their stick and make the perfect shot?? NO! They get checked hard. This is why jiggling the goalie and “popcorning” must be allowed. Shoot the puck or get it jiggled off your stick.

As for face offs going to the center iceman, why pass off? Shoot it. There are ways to redirect the puck if the game eject favors one team. That’s Life in the Bubble! Sometimes the puck bounces your way, and sometimes it doesn’t.

For maximum enjoyment, play the game by keeping the puck moving.

#1813 6 days ago

Just don’t slap the dome. Smudges and scratches are not cool.

#1814 6 days ago
    Quoted from Oaken:

Agree!

#1815 6 days ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Outside of moving the game from it’s original spot on the floor, everything inside the bubble should be legal. In the NHL, do guys get to stand in the crease and take as much time as they want to set the puck up on their stick and make the perfect shot?? NO! They get checked hard. This is why jiggling the goalie and “popcorning” must be allowed. Shoot the puck or get it jiggled off your stick.
    As for face offs going to the center iceman, why pass off? Shoot it. There are ways to redirect the puck if the game eject favors one team. That’s Life in the Bubble! Sometimes the puck bounces your way, and sometimes it doesn’t.
    For maximum enjoyment, play the game by keeping the puck moving.

I thought the "no popcorning" rule seemed reasonable, but I think this is the perfect counter argument. If an adult is taking their time to line up a shot with their center the defense should be able to use any advantage possible. I say "adult" because I think a kid should be able to play however they want. I agree that the game is the most fun when the puck is constantly in motion.

#1816 6 days ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

As for the “rules”....those same guys who are against shaking the goalie and/or spinning players, are the same guys who will hold the puck and burn off the clock after they get a goal or two lead in tournament play. Then they claim they are the best players in the world. The reality of the “expert” players is this: they are only about 5 or 10 guys who play among themselves in the Northeast area. But they think the Super Chexx world revolves around them and how they think the “rules” should be.

Bottom line...bubble hockey is like politics. It’s all local. Make your rules the way you and your friends like to play best. Don’t just accept what the “experts” say.

#1817 6 days ago
    Quoted from Oaken:

nudge smudging?

#1818 6 days ago
    Quoted from Oaken:

does the dome scratch easily?

#1819 6 days ago

In my experience, fingernails from say an eager 6 yr old can produce minor scratches that can be buffed out.

Demonstrative uncle hitting it with the pointy end of his class ring on the other hand...

Of course I am the only one that really notices or so my wife says.

The smudges though...everyone notices those.

#1820 6 days ago
    Quoted from Oaken:

In my experience, fingernails from say an eager 6 yr old can produce minor scratches that can be buffed out.
    Demonstrative uncle hitting it with the pointy end of his class ring on the other hand...
    Of course I am the only one that really notices or so my wife says.
    The smudges though...everyone notices those.

How about someone getting mad because they lost and throwing a beer can at it?

#1821 6 days ago

It might actually survive that unscathed. The dome is funny like that.

#1822 4 days ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

How about someone getting mad because they lost and throwing a beer can at it?

That is an unsportsmanlike penalty and the thrower of the can needs to give up a goal!

#1823 4 days ago

My game just shipped out today, now the wait.........

#1824 4 days ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

You'll have to post pics when you get it in. Did you get the led light option for underneath? I haven't seen anyone have that yet, although it sounds like it can also be added later.

#1825 4 days ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

What if Super Chexx outsourced their playfield production to Stern?

All jokes in poor taste aside. I'm jealous. I want one so bad but I'd have to let go of my Tornado table (space constraints) & I just can't seem to come to terms with that.

Yet here I am. Stalking this page & dreaming about bubble hockey. I need help.

#1826 4 days ago
    Quoted from PW79:

All jokes in poor taste aside. I'm jealous. I want one so bad but I'd have to let go of my Tornado table (space constraints) & I just can't seem to come to terms with that.

I love my bubble hockey. You won’t regret it.

#1827 4 days ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

You'll have to post pics when you get it in. Did you get the led light option for underneath? I haven't seen anyone have that yet, although it sounds like it can also be added later.

I did get the LED option. PtownPin sent me a video and it looks pretty cool. Not a must have or anything but i just figured worse case scenario Is if i dont like them i could turn them off. Definitely not a must have but they may look nice and light the room up and give it some color.

#1828 4 days ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I did get the LED option. PrownPin sent me a video and it looks pretty cool. Not a must have or anything but i just figured worse case scenario Is if i dont like them i could turn them off. Definitely not a must have but they may look nice and light the room up and give it some color.

How many more sleeps before you’re living life inside the bubble? Actually you’re probably counting the minutes by now

#1829 4 days ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

How many more sleeps before you’re living life inside the bubble? Actually you’re probably counting the minutes by now

Estimated delivery is December 10th so yes im definitely counting the days. Not getting much sleep at the moment but its not because of the Bubble hockey game coming, its because my cat had to have 9 teeth pulled yesterday and she is doing quite a bit of screaming and squalling. Thats just wondeful when you’re trying to work third shift.

#1830 4 days ago
    Quoted from PW79:

If the ice on my playfield starts chipping im going to be pissed!

What the heck is a tornado table PW?

#1831 4 days ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

If the ice on my playfield starts chipping im going to be pissed!

Foosball

#1832 4 days ago

Oh ok cool. Well if he sucks as bad as I do at foosball it would be an easy choice for him. I always wanted to learn how to play foosball but just never could get good at it.

Seems like some people like bubble hockey more and some like foosball more. I am taking a big risk because I have never played bubble hockey. I have watched tons of videos on it though and I think they are gorgeous to look at and I wanted to add some variety to my gameroom so i am pretty sure that I'm going to like it alot, i can just feel it. I've also talked to several people who own a Super Chexx that i trust their opinion and everybody that owns or has played one loves them.

Once I get it set up and have played a few games I will give my honest opinion of it good or bad.

#1833 4 days ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Old pic but it'l do
    20161026_161229 (resized).jpg

#1834 4 days ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Old pic but it'l do
    [quoted image]

Wow...sweet gameroom PW. Let me ask you this, do you have people come over and play foosball alot?

#1835 4 days ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wow...sweet gameroom PW. Let me ask you this, do you have people come over and play foosball alot?

Football & darts get the same answer

When 25 with 0 kids, yes

Now that I’m 40 with 2 kids, no

I don’t play it often these days but when I do it’s priceless due to who I usually play.

My kids are showing interest however so I do have hopes of trash talking over the Tornado more often someday.

#1836 3 days ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Oh ok cool. Well if he sucks as bad as I do at foosball it would be an easy choice for him. I always wanted to learn how to play foosball but just never could get good at it.
    Seems like some people like bubble hockey more and some like foosball more. I am taking a big risk because I have never played bubble hockey. I have watched tons of videos on it though and I think they are gorgeous to look at and I wanted to add some variety to my gameroom so i am pretty sure that I'm going to like it alot, i can just feel it. I've also talked to several people who own a Super Chexx that i trust their opinion and everybody that owns or has played one loves them.
    Once I get it set up and have played a few games I will give my honest opinion of it good or bad.

Bubble hockey is a great game. My generation grew up playing the small rod hockey tables with the flat metal players, but the concept is the same as bubble hockey where you can pass the puck from the wings to your center and have the center quickly put a shot on goal.

The USA vs. USSR Miracle on Ice version (I have this version) is timeless. Enjoy your new purchase.

Gord

DSCN0162 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0165 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0166 (resized).JPG

#1837 3 days ago

I'm surprised there isn't an official riser for these, yet. They kill my back after playing a few games.

#1838 3 days ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm surprised there isn't an official riser for these, yet. They kill my back after playing a few games.

Agree 10000%. I'm only 6' tall, but I can't play for more than 15 minutes without spasming. And I don't have back issues... Needs to come up a good 4" at least.

#1839 3 days ago
    Quoted from GRB1959:

Bubble hockey is a great game. My generation grew up playing the small rod hockey tables with the flat metal players, but the concept is the same as bubble hockey where you can pass the puck from the wings to your center and have the center quickly put a shot on goal.
    The USA vs. USSR Miracle on Ice version (I have this version) is timeless. Enjoy your new purchase.
    Gord
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Thanks for pictures Gord. Everytime i see a picture of the Miracle on Ice version it makes me realize that i made a good choice because it looks so good. The Miracle on Ice version is the very first one that they made isnt it?

#1840 3 days ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

This concerns me as well because ive heard a lot of people say this. I dont think it will be a problem for me because im only like 5’ 7” but i have some tall friends, one being 6’ 7” and they really do have back problems. I hope they can play it without it killing their backs too bad but it sounds like it might be a problem for them.

#1841 3 days ago

Must be Miracle on Ice. There's no other option.

The 80s.

A simple time.

Watch Red Dawn & War Games then listen to Regan shit on Gorbachev.

The again the STL got dat cup last year. Finally. We were the Cubs of hockey.

But, the video clips do not change with the teams chosen. Sorta makes me think a plane one is fine.

Grrrrr

#1842 3 days ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

This concerns me as well because ive heard a lot of people say this. I dont think it will be a problem dor me because im only like 5’ 7” but i have some tall friends, one being 6’ 7” and they really do have back problems. I hope they can play it without it killing their backs too bad but it sounds like it might be a problem for them.

It's super easy to build and paint something that would be unnoticeable as an add on. My problem (reason I haven't bought one yet) is that I'm trying to design a WHOLE base that looks like furniture that the entire bubble/playfield will sit on. It will fit the décor of my gameroom/house much nicer than a colored plastic base. Yeah, I'm a little bit of a perfectionist.

#1843 3 days ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

It's super easy to build and paint something that would be unnoticeable as an add on. My problem (reason I haven't bought one yet) is that I'm trying to design a WHOLE base that looks like furniture that the entire bubble/playfield will sit on. It will fit the décor of my gameroom/house much nicer than a colored plastic base. Yeah, I'm a little bit of a perfectionist.

Nothing wrong with that at all. Pretty cool idea actually and would look good I bet.

#1844 3 days ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Must be Miracle on Ice. There's no other option.
    The 80s.
    A simple time.
    Watch Red Dawn & War Games then listen to Regan shit on Gorbachev.
    The again the STL got dat cup last year. Finally. We were the Cubs of hockey.
    But, the video clips do not change with the teams chosen. Sorta makes me think a plane one is fine.
    Grrrrr

The 80's were not simple PW. You had to try to juggle your work schedule with wild women and partying 7 days a week. It was hard times brother let me tell you! Lots of sleepless nights.

#1845 2 days ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Football & darts get the same answer
    When 25 with 0 kids, yes
    Now that I’m 40 with 2 kids, no
    I don’t play it often these days but when I do it’s priceless due to who I usually play.
    My kids are showing interest however so I do have hopes of trash talking over the Tornado more often someday.

Bubble hockey is so much better than foosball.

Whatever you like about foosball, you still have with bubble hockey. Except BH is just better, especially with the scoreboard tracking close shots

Having a rolling ball and being able to spin the players make foosball inferior. It's not that it's no fun, it's just substantially less fun. Swap out your seldom played foosball. It's an easy choice and you won't be disappointed.

#1846 2 days ago
    Quoted from RTS:

Bubble hockey is so much better than foosball.
    Whatever you like about foosball, you still have with bubble hockey. Except BH is just better, especially with the scoreboard tracking close shots
    Having a rolling ball and being able to spin the players make foosball inferior. It's not that it's no fun, it's just substantially less fun. Swap out your seldom played foosball. It's an easy choice and you won't be disappointed.

I would say the complete opposite. Playing foosball with people that know how to play is amazing. It takes alot of practice though, the average joe just flips around. Once you learn how to play properly it's a VERY highly skilled game.

**edit** If you're spinning your foos players, you're doing it wrong...

#1847 2 days ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

I would say the complete opposite. Playing foosball with people that know how to play is amazing. It takes alot of practice though, the average joe just flips around. Once you learn how to play properly it's a VERY highly skilled game.
    **edit** If you're spinning your foos players, you're doing it wrong...

I agree with everything you said except for the first sentence. (And I also agree spinning is wrong.)

Foosball is good. Bubble hockey just took the game play to the next level and made it better.

#1848 2 days ago

Anyone see promo codes for free shipping or discounts?

#1849 2 days ago
    Quoted from Greenandwhite:

Anyone see promo codes for free shipping or discounts?

I could send you a couple of my cup holders for free if you use me as a referral. That's the only current discount I'm aware of though. The $150 one expired at the end of September and probably won't come back again until then (when the game will probably be $150 more expensive anyways).

#1850 1 day ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

I could send you a couple of my cup holders for free if you use me as a referral. That's the only current discount I'm aware of though. The $150 one expired at the end of September and probably won't come back again until then (when the game will probably be $150 more expensive anyways).

I would like to just say that Taylor's referral link is legit and his cup holders are really nice. He has a really nice website that he has put together about bubble hockey and pinball etc so anyone who is thinking about getting a new Super Chexx should use his link and help out a fellow Pinsider.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 149.00
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    Electronics
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Displays
    GermanGamingSupplies.com
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 625.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 33.50
    $ 28.00
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Protection
    Pinball Mod Co.
    There are 1862 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 38.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside