6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,862 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Who-Dey
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 504 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN0165 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0162 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0166 (resized).JPG
    20161026_161229 (resized).jpg
    865B12B0-DB44-4E48-9354-78CA186ED3D0 (resized).jpeg
    F1C4F1AA-204E-4C55-9E36-1F8EE2A15105 (resized).jpeg
    SCBHPRO (resized).jpg
    Hockey (resized).jpg
    7BBC91C4-B901-4F31-854A-C7E7D1BA24C2 (resized).jpeg
    CB47F075-4BB4-4122-BE9E-E4F05E1064A6 (resized).jpeg
    102F40A8-86FC-4E30-B777-0E8216E2D256 (resized).jpeg
    D75F9283-D167-4F71-BFB0-ABB6CE1EF3C6 (resized).jpeg
    FFD23181-8CC7-4D16-8296-1A2544A2E14C (resized).jpeg
    C9227EAA-B227-49F8-8E4A-3B3A06B68912 (resized).jpeg
    42BF4A1F-A8DC-40B3-B024-074089FBFDB9 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1773 (resized).JPG

There are 1862 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 38.
    #1751 29 days ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I would go with the split base just to be safe and also they are supposed to be putting up one year same as cash financing this week sometime. They have the Pay Pal 6 months same as cash option right now. Just thought I would throw that out there in case it helps you any.
    Which game are you going to get? I think I'm going to get the Miracle on ice version.

Where did you hear about the 1 year same as cash?

#1752 29 days ago
    Quoted from Spelly88:

Really leaning towards getting a Flyers (home) vs Penguins (White away) NHL version. I figure my boys would at least understand that one, rather than the MOI or USA-Canada versions. Plus, I could see eventually maybe trying to get the players painted with actual numbers and names if I could find someone to do it...

You could always customize it so your favorite Pennsylvania team never loses. . .

C9227EAA-B227-49F8-8E4A-3B3A06B68912 (resized).jpeg
    #1753 29 days ago
    Quoted from mkk629:

You could always customize it so your favorite Pennsylvania team never loses. . .

That's awesome! Did you paint those yourself or have someone do it for you?

#1754 29 days ago
    Quoted from mkk629:

You could always customize it so your favorite Pennsylvania team never loses. . .[quoted image]

Number 13.....Bonino is your big stick? Are they the same numbers/players for both home and road?

#1755 29 days ago

Yes, painted myself. Actually did three sets (see below) so I could still play while working on one. #13 is actually Billy Guerin. All my favorite ‘09 Cup players and same players for all three sets (because of the stripe on the old third jerseys, I couldn’t fit the names on those jerseys).

FFD23181-8CC7-4D16-8296-1A2544A2E14C (resized).jpeg
    #1756 28 days ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

Where did you hear about the 1 year same as cash?

By talking to the people in sales where they make the games. I just talked to Lindsey this afternoon actually and she said that she was told that it is supposed to be available starting tomorrow.

#1757 28 days ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

By talking to the people in sales where they make the games. I just talked to Lindsey this afternoon actually and she said that she was told that it is supposed to be available starting tomorrow.

Nice. Getting an MMR soon so no way I can get one right now, but with that deal maybe it’s possible.

#1758 28 days ago
    Quoted from mkk629:

Yes, painted myself. Actually did three sets (see below) so I could still play while working on one. #13 is actually Billy Guerin. All my favorite ‘09 Cup players and same players for all three sets (because of the stripe on the old third jerseys, I couldn’t fit the names on those jerseys).[quoted image]

Nice job.

#1759 28 days ago

Anyone know why the collegiate version starts at a significantly higher price, $4,495, than the rest of the versions on Ice's website? Winter Classic is next highest at $3,795.

#1760 28 days ago

I priced out an NHL version, with split base, coin door, LED light add-on.....I can’t believe how the price has gone up from the pre-Super Chexx Pro days. Then I priced out a Super Kixx Pro and fell out of my chair!

#1761 28 days ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I priced out an NHL version, with split base, coin door, LED light add-on.....I can’t believe how the price has gone up from the pre-Super Chexx Pro days. Then I priced out a Super Kixx Pro and fell out of my chair!

Yeah, it's a little ridiculous how much they've gone up in the past 2 or 3 years. $2295 was like the base price in 2016 I think, pre-LCD. I really want to upgrade my original chexx to the newer version. I did see on Facebook though that the LCD lights are actually things you can add on, I wonder if you can add those to non-lcd chexx games?

#1762 28 days ago
    Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Anyone know why the collegiate version starts at a significantly higher price, $4,495, than the rest of the versions on Ice's website? Winter Classic is next highest at $3,795.

I was wondering the same thing. Is that not ridiculous or what? On a side note, I have started watching hockey a little bit since I've gotten interested in the bubble hockey thing and NHL 20 on the PS4 and holy crap hockey is an awesome sport. Those guys get after it, much more exciting than today's NFL. I never thought i would ever hear myself say those words in a million years.

#1763 28 days ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I was wondering the same thing. Is that not ridiculous or what? On a side note, I have started watching hockey a little bit since I've gotten interested in the bubble hockey thing and NHL 20 on the PS4 and holy crap hockey is an awesome sport. Those guys get after it, much more exciting than today's NFL. I never thought i would ever hear myself say those words in a million years.

Go and catch a game live if you can. Nothing like playoff hockey.

#1764 28 days ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

I second that suggestion....until you watch a game in person, you still haven’t completely experienced what hockey is all about

#1765 28 days ago

I’m sure it’s because of the licensing fees and royalties per unit sale of the machines. College licensing is not cheap at all. I know this first hand

#1766 28 days ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

I’m sure it’s because of the licensing fees and royalties per unit sale of the machines. College licensing is not cheap at all. I know this first hand

Exactly

#1767 28 days ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

I have been to a ECHL game which I know is nowhere near the same as NHL games. I did look into tickets for the Blue Jackets and I almost fainted at the ticket prices. They are like 48 dollars up to 430 dollars. Are seats generally decent in the upper level? If not I will probably never get to attend a NHL game. The middle section tickets are like 150 each I think but then I think you also have to tack on about 30 bucks each ticket for fees. It seems to be extremely expensive.

#1768 28 days ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have been to a ECHL game which I know is nowhere near the same as NHL games. I did look into tickets for the Blue Jackets and I almost fainted at the ticket prices. They are like 48 dollars up to 430 dollars. Are seats generally decent in the upper level? If not I will probably never get to attend a NHL game. The middle section tickets are like 150 each I think but then I think you also have to tack on about 30 bucks each ticket for fees. It seems to be extremely expensive.

Upper seats are not that bad actually, especially if you are not at the ends. You can see the plays being setup and have a good view of the entire ice. I’ve sat pretty much everywhere and I personally can’t stand sitting close to the boards on the floor and they are the most expensive seats. You can’t see shit if the action is on your side of the ice. I’d say go for it and get upper decks seats for your first game. Hockey arenas are not that big so you are never really that far away for viewing

#1769 28 days ago

Makes sense and what I figured but no way would I pay more , and that much a premium, for two college teams vs two NHL teams.

Quoted from JayDee:

#1770 28 days ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Upper seats are not that bad actually, especially if you are not at the ends. You can see the plays being setup and have a good view of the entire ice. I’ve sat pretty much everywhere and I personally can’t stand sitting close to the boards on the floor and they are the most expensive seats. You can’t see shit if the action is on your side of the ice. I’d say go for it and get upper decks seats for your first game. Hockey arenas are not that big so you are never really that far away for viewing

Cool thanks, I may be giving that a try. I watched yesterday's game and it went into overtime and then they had the shoot out. That was a great game..I still dont understand the rules totally and it's hard to see the puck on TV sometimes but dang that was pretty fun to watch. I think my team (Blue Jackets) kinda suck though maybe.

#1771 28 days ago

I’m a big fan of the minor leagues. Cheap tickets and still a great time. If you luck out and live near a good team, the quality of the gameplay is pretty high too.

I was going to Icehogs games right around the time they transitioned to the Blackhawks affiliation. Not a bad seat in the rink, tickets were around $12-20 AFTER fees and parking, and I got to see a handful of players that then moved up to the Blackhawks when they won the cup. Good times.

#1772 28 days ago

Best period of hockey I ever watched was at a Houston Aeros AHL playoff game circa 2008....second period. There was end to end action with no whistles/stops in play from the 18:00 minute mark until there were 2:00 left in the period. 16 minutes straight of clean line changes, no offsides, no penalties, no pucks out of play, no goalie freezes. Nothing. Just good clean line changes and non stop hockey. It blew my mind!!!

#1773 27 days ago

Yeah uppers are not bad. Sitting closer you get a better feel for the speed of the game, which at that level is extremely fast paced. I had Caps season tickets for a few years in the uppers.

Haven’t watched or Paid attention to the blue jackets this season but it’s still early. They went all in last year at the trade deadline and it didn’t pan out for them.

#1774 27 days ago

Looking to upgrade to a new Superchexx so want to put my used one up for sale. $1500 takes it. With the higher prices on the new ones, my price is pretty firm. Pics available upon request. Just shoot me a message with your cell number so I can send you some pics. In Morris County, NJ. Thanks, Ant

#1775 26 days ago

A couple people were asking about blue, so here’s the blue version finally.

D75F9283-D167-4F71-BFB0-ABB6CE1EF3C6 (resized).jpeg
    #1776 26 days ago

A fresh, new dome really sets the restoration over the top!

102F40A8-86FC-4E30-B777-0E8216E2D256 (resized).jpeg
    #1777 26 days ago

A fresh, new dome really sets the restoration over the top![quoted image]

Very nice! Do the new domes come with the score board ribbon affixed? I need to get a new one, but am having trouble justifying the shipping cost lol

#1778 26 days ago
    Quoted from Wharhed:

Very nice! Do the new domes come with the score board ribbon affixed? I need to get a new one, but am having trouble justifying the shipping cost lol

You just have to pay for the cable and they will install it for you. Well worth it. It’s like a brand new game again!

#1779 26 days ago

I’m a distributor for Chex hockey. PM me if you have any interest in one. Abel Electronics Gaming.

CB47F075-4BB4-4122-BE9E-E4F05E1064A6 (resized).jpeg
    #1780 25 days ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

IMO Hockey is the best spectator sport. It has 60 min of action. Baseball has 7 min of action per game and football about 12 min of action per game.,Hockey is also a blast to play.

#1781 25 days ago

Ready to upgrade so putting up my nice used Super Chexx in Northern NJ up for sale for $1,500. Let me know if you are interested and include your number and I’ll send some pics and video of action. Thanks.

#1782 24 days ago

Ready to upgrade so putting up my nice used Super Chexx in Northern NJ up for sale for $1,500. Let me know if you are interested and include your number and I’ll send some pics and video of action. Thanks.

Too bad you were not closer. I am looking for a SuperChex to buy for the holidays with the children.

#1783 23 days ago

Just ordered my new Miracle on Ice Super Chexx Pro! Its suppose to be 2-3 weeks waiting period.......thats pure torture there now! For anyone interested they finally have the one year same as cash financing offer up on their website.

All i can say is BRING HOME THE DOME BOYS!

#1784 23 days ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just ordered my new Miracle on Ice Super Chexx Pro! Its suppose to be 2-3 weeks waiting period.......thats pure torture there now! For anyone interested they finally have the one year same as cash financing offer up on their website.
    All i can say is BRING HOME THE DOME BOYS!

Congrats! You finally pulled the trigger!

#1785 22 days ago

Thanks JayDee, I'm very excited about it. That damn Multiballmaniac guy talked me into getting one. Hes a bad influence!

#1786 22 days ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thanks JayDee, I'm very excited about it. That damn Multiballmaniac guy talked me into getting one. Hes a bad influence!

I know you had your mind made up awhile ago that you were getting this thing. I was more curious to see which theme you were finally going to go with.

#1787 22 days ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

I know you had your mind made up awhile ago that you were getting this thing. I was more curious to see which theme you were finally going to go with.

i am just getting into hockey and i don’t really have a favorite team so i chose the miracle on ice. My favorite team would probably be the Blue Jackets but i know they are kind of meh in the hockey world so i just went with what kept getting my attention which was miracle on ice. I don't think me or my friends will care too much anyway once we start playing the game and if i ever decided to sell the game i think this theme would sell easily. Also trying to decide on which teams i wanted was driving my OCD crazy so i just said screw it, miracle on ice it is!

#1788 22 days ago

Finally pulled the trigger yesterday! NHL - Flyers (Home) vs. Penguins (White Away) with the Flyers logo. Went with a black split base just to be safe and also got the home version. Really thought about the LED but ultimately decided not to do it. If they interacted with the game, I would have splurged.

Now the waiting...

#1789 22 days ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yup blame me.

7BBC91C4-B901-4F31-854A-C7E7D1BA24C2 (resized).jpeg
    #1790 22 days ago
    Quoted from Spelly88:

Finally pulled the trigger yesterday! NHL - Flyers (Home) vs. Penguins (White Away) with the Flyers logo. Went with a black split base just to be safe and also got the home version. Really thought about the LED but ultimately decided not to do it. If they interacted with the game, I would have splurged.
    Now the waiting...

Congratulations. You’re gonna be pumped

#1791 22 days ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Yup blame me.[quoted image]

Yes 1000%. You ruined my life.

#1792 22 days ago
    Quoted from Spelly88:

Now the waiting...

As a native Pittsburgher, and Penguins fan....I must give due props to the Philly guy who got his game with the Penguins as the visiting team. With a split black base. Well played!

#1793 21 days ago

As a native Pittsburgher, and Penguins fan....I must give due props to the Philly guy who got his game with the Penguins as the visiting team. With a split black base. Well played!

Haha... The only other team I even considered was the Rangers, but that rivalry hasn't been great for a little while now. To me, the Flyers-Penguins rivalry is still one of the best in the NHL. Wasn't a tough choice... Next step will be finding someone to paint the players. Would love to make it more realistic like that...

Now I just need to figure out how to get a "Crosby sucks" chant to play when I hit the boo button...

#1794 21 days ago
    Quoted from Spelly88:

Haha... The only other team I even considered was the Rangers, but that rivalry hasn't been great for a little while now. To me, the Flyers-Penguins rivalry is still one of the best in the NHL. Wasn't a tough choice... Next step will be finding someone to paint the players. Would love to make it more realistic like that...
    Now I just need to figure out how to get a "Crosby sucks" chant to play when I hit the boo button...

It took me a while and plenty of times messing up the micro SD card and having to rebuild it again but I managed to change a few of the sound bites. Some of the sound files they had on there I totally deleted because they made no sense at at when the boo button was pushed. I cannot stand the guy singing the USA anthem so I switched it to a Flyers classic. I had the process written down so if I find it I can help you out. Its been a while and it was somewhat involved but I will look into it. I purchased my unit around 2 years ago and I love it. I bought the standard model with a split base. At that time the price was a mere $ 2695 and that's all my wife would allow me to spend on something she just doesn't understand. So I threw a Flyers sticker on the base and put a flag over top and it looks good enough. It took almost 3 months to get it built and delivered so Chexx actually threw in 2 NHL teams at no cost to make up for the long wait time. So naturally I went with the Flyers most recent hated opponent, the Penguins. Like you said, back in my younger days we hated the stinkin' Rangers. But to get my kids into it I picked the Pens. So how did you get Pens in the away white Jersey? Only option I see is black....Anyway check out the video of just a few of the sounds I changed..Go Flyers!!

Hockey (resized).jpg
    #1795 21 days ago

Cant play that song anymore. It's racist!

#1796 21 days ago

Sorry, I mean she's racist!

#1797 21 days ago
    Quoted from neverahighscore:

Sorry, I mean she's racist!

hahaha, Man you jumped on that a lot quicker than I thought someone would. I don't give in into political correctness and what the masses say is right or wrong. Quite frankly I'm fed up with it all. I go by my own code of what is or what isn't. But to each his own. As long as you like Bubble Hockey you're ok in my book.

#1798 21 days ago
    Quoted from Heisenberg:

hahaha, Man you jumped on that a lot quicker than I thought someone would. I don't give in into political correctness and what the masses say is right or wrong. Quite frankly I'm fed up with it all. I go by my own code of what is or what isn't. But to each his own. As long as you like Bubble Hockey you're ok in my book.

How many more years of losing will it take for Philly fans to realize Kate singing GBA had absolutely nothing to do with them winning the Cup? Or do you just keep playing it every year till they do win so people can say "see it was her singing that brought us the luck"

Great job on the audio clips though. Her singing GBA is a lot better then what comes with the game. The clips you added, are they only heard when you press the Boo button or do you have something for when, for example, you shoot on goal (the norm is the crowd awe) do you have something in place of that?

#1799 21 days ago
    Quoted from Heisenberg:

I agree with your point of view. A song that was recorded how many years ago is affecting one of the best songs in hockey. I loved when Lauren Hart sang this song with Kate Smith superimposed on the screen. Love your callouts. Great work!!!!!

#1800 21 days ago
    Quoted from meSz:

How many more years of losing will it take for Philly fans to realize Kate singing GBA had absolutely nothing to do with them winning the Cup? Or do you just keep playing it every year till they do win so people can say "see it was her singing that brought us the luck"
    Great job on the audio clips though. Her singing GBA is a lot better then what comes with the game. The clips you added, are they only heard when you press the Boo button or do you have something for when, for example, you shoot on goal (the norm is the crowd awe) do you have something in place of that?

I don't know about that one man. So its not possible that the Flyers got a little extra inspiration from hearing Kate sing and played just a little harder or with more passion? That's almost saying the same thing as there is no such thing as momentum swings or playing for a purpose other than just the game. The night Brett Farve's father died he had one of the greatest games of his life. And partly because his players played harder for him. Or what about when Buster Douglas knocked out the invincible Iron Mike Tyson. Buster dedicated that fight before he stepped into the ring to his mother who had passed away that week. No way man, I disagree that and think that the Flyers got that extra juice from Kate. It happens all the time and in every facet of like. But as far as luck and superstition, thats not my thing and I dont believe in that.
    So now that we got that nonsense out of the way, unfortunately those boo button sound bites cant be controlled and play randomly. So if you're playing on my table and are the Pens and you hit the boo button, you may end up booing yourself. lol But thats part of the disadvantage of being those stinkin' Pens on my table..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 160.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    Lit Frames
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 64.99
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 109.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 289.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 7.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Z
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Meph's Mods
    $ 8,000.00
    $ 248.85
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods
    There are 1862 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 38.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside